are y-wings shit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gold slorg
imo y-wings suck as hell

> introduced in clone wars and their updates in the rebellion era kinda sucked
> outdated and inferior by the time of battle of yavin, worst starfighters in the alliance, outmatched by any empire vessel already
> after battle of yavin the empire started to actually care for the starfighters, before that, not so much
> insanely inferior to b-wings
> then k-wings turned out to be even better than b-wings

this shit was getting phased out of usage a decade before the vong war

lol @ ywings

Zenwolf
Yes, a Rebel Alliance which has to use what they can to get by is using outdated starfighters and technology...that's nothing new, nor why I'm seeing it as a negative. Also they were somewhat regulated to lesser roles as time went on, though the upgrades they did receive at them in specialized roles which they were well suited for. But they are clearly something given they are noted for being durable and their firepower, so they aren't that bad. Outdated? Yes, but that doesn't mean they still can't be useful.

Tzeentch
They performed a highly specific niche (disabling capital ships and hard targets) and they were adequate at fulfilling that role. Comparing them to more advanced ships created with the luxury of increased funding and resources is pointless.

TheNuisanceBird
They would've made a better option than those bombers in TLJ. B-Wing are where it's at.

Lol Speaking off B-Wings I think I remember something about my friend David almost breaking my lego model of that when I was a kid. I always liked the rotating design.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
They would've made a better option than those bombers in TLJ. B-Wing are where it's at. It's actually amazing how dogshit the bombers in TLJ are compared to the tech we saw in the previous films.

Rion Johnson deserves to get ****ed with a rusty knife. Him, and whoever thought it'd be a good idea to have someone who doesn't like (or at bare minimum, never gave a shit about) Star Wars as a setting direct a ****ing Star Wars movie.

gold slorg
lmfao the tlj bombers are so retarded

even the clone wars y-wings stomp because they at least make sense

Total Warrior

victreebelvictr
Would Y-Wings happen to be less costly than most?

gold slorg
in the times of New Republic yes, they were basically trash you could buy for several credits kek

victreebelvictr
Did they come in larger fleets than most?

gold slorg
nah, because they were basically useless in actual military campaigns; most of them were scrapped, they were favored only by poor localized militaries of second grade planets and rebel groups

akabart
No! They are just special!

Trocity
If the Y stands for Yorik-et, then yes.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Would Y-Wings happen to be less costly than most? Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Did they come in larger fleets than most? In legends canon, Y-Wings were outdated technology by the time the Rebellion rolled around, so it stands to reason that they'd be pretty cheap to buy and maintain. On the other hand, their design made them finicky and required constant maintenance, so the overhead for keeping them in use probably wasn't too much lower then that of other fighters.

Y-Wings were described in at least two legends sources as being "the workhorse of the Rebellion", which implies that they saw heavy use during the war, and if you think about it logically the Y-Wing is actually better suited to the Rebellion's needs then the more prolific X-Wing. The X-Wing is a better air superiority fighter then a Y-Wing and is also more flexible in its loadout, but dogfighting is a luxury. The Rebels mainly performed hit and run strikes, as they couldn't beat the Empire in protracted engagements. To that end, having a flyer that can pop out of lightspeed, bomb the shit out of a target and then leave before defenders scrambled for a counter-attacks was incredibly valuable.

Here, enjoy this random high-quality gif from a movie we've all seen.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pD6OLwCBRbo/W5bjrLPv14I/AAAAAAAAEW8/NQRgj4uVct4R3pl1f4GN56QYfdlq5-8gwCLcBGAs/s1600/tumblr_omzj2mTWhS1r72n6yo2_540.gif

gold slorg
Originally posted by Trocity
If the Y stands for Yorik-et, then yes.

kill self

Flyattractor
Best thing about the Y is that it is one of the Very Few SW Ships that can shoot behind it self.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Tzeentch
It's actually amazing how dogshit the bombers in TLJ are compared to the tech we saw in the previous films.

Rion Johnson deserves to get ****ed with a rusty knife. Him, and whoever thought it'd be a good idea to have someone who doesn't like (or at bare minimum, never gave a shit about) Star Wars as a setting direct a ****ing Star Wars movie.

I joked with my friend earlier about him directing an episode of the Mandalorian and how terrible it'd be.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.