JL Superman runs the MCU/FOX gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Superman has standard morals

Warmup: Erik Selvig with an Asgardian blade

Round 1: Hulkbuster, IW Warmachine, Juggernaut, Riot

Round 2: Vision, Scarlet Witch, Cull Obsidian, Ghost Rider

Round 3: Bleeding Edge Iron Man, Hulk, Doctor Strange

Round 4: Kurse, Magneto, Professor Xavier (morals off)

Round 5: Hela, Thor (Stormbreaker), Apocalypse

Round 6: Phoenix (Composite), Legion (Season 2), Shadow King

Boss: Silver Surfer

BrolyBlack
If he stays in Flash mode, none of them really have a counter to that. He could just snap all their necks in hyperspeed.

The Ellimist
If Superman fights intelligently, boss-clear.

John Murdoch
I don't see any way Supes takes Silver Surfer. The dude created an explosion that destroyed a world-ending entity in Galactus and still didn't die.

He goes down as early as 4 if Xavier can mind-freeze him, but obviously Supes has the speed to potentially one-shot both Erik and Charles, and I think he can eventually beat down Kurse for a win.

I honestly see Round 5 being the main event in the fight card here, with the two Asgardians and the mutant coming out victorious:
- Ridiculous regen, sword spamming, power, and fighting skill with Hela
- Thor is nigh-invulnerable and has the most powerful weapon we've seen in any superhero universe so far.
- Apoc has his shields and matter manipulation on a massive scale as well as a counter to superspeed.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by John Murdoch
I don't see any way Supes takes Silver Surfer. The dude created an explosion that destroyed a world-ending entity in Galactus and still didn't die.

He goes down as early as 4 if Xavier can mind-freeze him, but obviously Supes has the speed to potentially one-shot both Erik and Charles, and I think he can eventually beat down Kurse for a win.

I honestly see Round 5 being the main event in the fight card here, with the two Asgardians and the mutant coming out victorious:
- Ridiculous regen, sword spamming, power, and fighting skill with Hela
- Thor is nigh-invulnerable and has the most powerful weapon we've seen in any superhero universe so far.
- Apoc has his shields and matter manipulation on a massive scale as well as a counter to superspeed.

Yeah, things start becoming challenging in round 4, IMO. Because, beyond everything else you mentioned, these two gentlemen bring A LOT of hax to the table in round 6:

_295SvmLZEc

quanchi112
Stops at 1, hard.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, things start becoming challenging in round 4, IMO. Because, beyond everything else you mentioned, these two gentlemen bring A LOT of hax to the table in round 6:

_295SvmLZEc

I haven't seen but heard enough about Legion to know that David and Shadow King have some pretty uncanny smokin' feats at their disposal.

Originally posted by quanchi112
Stops at 1, hard.

Quan with a bold prediction once more.

Flyattractor
Surfer could be the only real challenge. Maybe.

relentless1
stopped at 5 most likely

quanchi112
I haven't seen but heard enough about Legion to know that David and Shadow King have some pretty uncanny smokin' feats at their disposal.

Quan with a bold prediction once more. He would get drummed by 1. Doomsday alone was too much for him.

WolvesofBabylon
Gets to 5 pretty easily. Probably loses. Can beat 6 and would lose to Surfer. All dependent on Flash Supes

tkitna
Wanda isn't going to be a pushover nor is Ghost Rider in 2, but he more than likely gets by on forum battle.

Stops hard at 4

playa1258
Makes it to 5.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by tkitna
Wanda isn't going to be a pushover nor is Ghost Rider in 2, but he more than likely gets by on forum battle.

Stops hard at 4

thumb up

NemeBro
Originally posted by carthage
Warmup: Erik Selvig with an Asgardian blade

Superman gets stomped.

A bunch of characters slower, frailer, and weaker than him. Stomps.

Stomps I think, though I don't know much about Ghost Rider.

The only real threat is Doctor Strange if Clark doesn't take him out of the threat immediately, but he easily could do so, and he'd one-shot him.

A bloodlusted Xavier could easily take Clark out by feats. If Superman were similarly bloodlusted he would roll through them, but morals are on, and while Clark has no compunctions about taking enemies out quickly as seen with the terrorist at the start of BvS, he might hesitate against a cripple. He is fast enough to KO Xavier before X can process a thought assuming Xavier doesn't have superhuman thought speed like in the comics (not sure if film version ever demonstrated anything of the sort). I can totally see why people would say he stops here.

Hela is frankly a non-factor. My knowledge on Apoc is a little incomplete, but he was getting worked by Quicksilver who is similarly beyond Apoc's speed, only Clark hits much harder and is not so frail. The little trick he did with the tendril wouldn't affect Clark at all.

Which brings us to Thor. Sorry friends, but Superman is so fast Thor and friends will be a statue. Would a Stormbreaker throw like the one at the end of IW be capable of killing Superman? Sure, absolutely. Will it ever connect? Not in a million years. And given Superman's feats like easily withstanding pressure that was displacing millions of tons of water, punching through the World Engine, and withstanding and separating the planet-terraforming Motherboxes, a super speed beatdown will take Thor down.

I know pretty much nothing about Legion or Shadow King so I can't comment on the round as a whole. Phoenix would get her daylights punched out though.

Silver Surfer stomps. He might honestly be the most powerful film incarnation of a comic character, barring maybe Reeves Superman. He could kill everyone in this thread with a single attack at the same time.

Surtur
Why is Silver Surfer the boss? Lol. Shouldn't that be reserved for the most powerful? He's not the strongest here.

Surtur

This always came off like horrible writing. The entity that GAVE him the power isn't powerful enough to survive, but Surfer is powerful enough to survive?

It'd be one thing if Galactus took most of the explosion and Surfer escaped and only got hit with a small portion, but I don't think that is what went down.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Surtur
Why is Silver Surfer the boss? Lol. Shouldn't that be reserved for the most powerful? He's not the strongest here. Who is more powerful than Surfer?

John Murdoch
Originally posted by NemeBro
Who is more powerful than Surfer?

Ya, Surfer is top dog here for sure, and - as you said Neme - the most powerful comic book character adapted to the silver screen thus far barring the mentioned Reeves/Routh Supes and outliers like Metro Man.

- superspeed
- intangibility
- ability to revive and heal others
- energy projection that can wipe out a being of Galactus' size

Here's a question: how does Supes stack up to Vision these days? Can round 2 be a challenge if Vision can hold up Supes until Wanda or Ghost Rider gets a hold of him? Keep in mind, I know nothing of the AoS/MCU Ghost Rider.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.