Magneto vs guardians of the galaxy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Oslaught1262
would this be a good fight?

Mindset
No

riv6672
Originally posted by Oslaught1262
would this be a good fight?
Yeah it would.

KingD19
Not really. Magneto beats all of them except Groot and Mantis immediately. Star-Lord, Gamora and Rocket all have cybernetic implants. Rocket and Quill are covered in weapons and tech. Gamora has her sword amd Drax has his knives. They are all weapons to Magneto as soon as the fight starts. And he uses them to take down the only non-metal users.

And id its AoA Magneto they cant even get past his force field.

NemeBro
I agree, Mantis solos.

riv6672

victreebelvictr

juggerman
More violence than Moira MacTaggert shooting bullets at him? And iirc, he was deflecting them after they were fired meaning he should be fast enough to handle the GotG with relative ease

victreebelvictr

TheVaultDweller
Mags uses Rocket as a raccoon-shaped missile to batter the other with. Rocket is a full-on cyborg. Gunn has said so in interviews, and it is also pretty clear from his X-rays in the first film:

http://media.comicbook.com/2017/06/vcdke6x-1002923.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3ydutC7VBPY/UwVaQi2z7pI/AAAAAAAADJ8/sX9n4-pOiZk/s1600/Rocket+Raccoon+Guardians+of+the+Galaxy.jpg

I imagine anyone with a cybernetic skeleton is probably in for a horrible time against Mags.

carthage
Magneto curbs these fools

riv6672
Originally posted by juggerman
More violence than Moira MacTaggert shooting bullets at him?
More violence than one non powered woman w. a gun? Yeah. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I get it though, a lot of Magneto love, and you all are just going to ignore anything that diesnt support him winning (like Groot physically mauling him, as movie Magneto has no actual shields).
Again, the question was would this be a good fight, and it would.

I wont beat this poor dead horse any more.

juggerman
Originally posted by riv6672
More violence than one non powered woman w. a gun? Yeah. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I get it though, a lot of Magneto love, and you all are just going to ignore anything that diesnt support him winning (like Groot physically mauling him, as movie Magneto has no actual shields).
Again, the question was would this be a good fight, and it would.

I wont beat this poor dead horse any more.

None of the GotG are faster than bullets. Magneto would immediately dispatch almost all of them right away.

Magneto does have shields. You should watch Apocalypse. Also it's been shown that Groot can be cut up pretty easily when Gamora cut his arms off. Magneto can easily replicate that and more with all the metal weapons provided by the team

But I get it. You want the team to win so they win. thumb up

riv6672

juggerman
Yes, because Magneto beats this specific team means he's invincible. Riiiiiiiight.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

riv6672
Originally posted by riv6672
getting.../snarkier in your rebuttals such as they are.

RIF. laughing

juggerman
So you didn't say we think he's invincible?

That "and" separates your points. You said we think he's invincible and in addition to that, claims are getting too snarky for your liking laughing out loud

riv6672
No thats exactly what i said.

The snark was the gist of the RIF. There, i made it clearer w. a timely edit. laughing

juggerman
Ok well how about we move away from "snark" shall we? Standard forum setting is 100 yards apart in a featureless environment. Tell me how is this a "good fight" and when Magneto can easily use all the team's weapons and armor against them before they can close the distance?

riv6672

juggerman
You think the team is going to just charge forward while they are being stripped of their equipment at best and being attacked by flying objects at worst? Magento can literally set off all the grenades Rocket and Quill have without even removing them from where they are stored like he did it X-2. He could also just hold them in place like he did to the X-Men in the first film in the Statue of Liberty with all that metal. I can't see any of them reaching him before being immobilized and turned into scraps

Estacado
Gotg dont stand a chance this is almost spite....

victreebelvictr

Surtur

Surtur
Also this thread gives me an excuse to post this classic clip of Magneto:

Kkc_Myyye20

Gives us tons of great quotes:

"Fuel is for lesser men"

"Nobody may dare contradict me, for when they do I get angry"

"The very sight of that sign offends me, and whatever Magneto finds offensive must always be destroyed"

victreebelvictr

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Surtur
Also this thread gives me an excuse to post this classic clip of Magneto:

Kkc_Myyye20 Goord excuse.

Surtur

KingD19
It doesnt matter. The amp from Apocalypse never went away. Magneto and Storm and Xavier are as powerful as they were before he was killed.

juggerman
Yeah there was no indication that they lost their amps. But it didn't seem as though Magnetos got amped anyway.

quanchi112
Gotg decimate him.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by quanchi112
Gotg decimate him. Reasoning?

KingD19
Yeah there was no indication that they lost their amps. But it didn't seem as though Magnetos got amped anyway.

What? Magneto got a huge amp. He became powerful enough to screw with magnetic poles and the planet itself. And hea got that nifty Force field.

quanchi112
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Reasoning? Too many skilled opponents for magneti alone to deal with. Groot easily wraps him up. Mantis with a touch makes him go night, night.

WolvesofBabylon
Magneto wins easily. With all the Metal this team carries, most die within seconds. With his Shield noone gets close.

juggerman
Originally posted by KingD19
What? Magneto got a huge amp. He became powerful enough to screw with magnetic poles and the planet itself. And hea got that nifty Force field.

I meant Apocalypse didn't seem to amp him like he did the others. He visibly increased their powers with his own. With Magneto however, he seemed to "pep talk" him into unlocking his power on his own

victreebelvictr
Too many skilled opponents for magneti alone to deal with. Groot easily wraps him up. Mantis with a touch makes him go night, night. Rocket, Gamora, Quill, and Drax get taken out pretty fast due to the amount of metal they have.

Groot gets ripped apart by force field, and Mantis gets speared.

KingD19
I meant Apocalypse didn't seem to amp him like he did the others. He visibly increased their powers with his own. With Magneto however, he seemed to "pep talk" him into unlocking his power on his own

Oh yeah. It seems that since he simply upgrades genetic potential, Magneto's wasn't as visually flashy as the others because he was already so powerful(in First Class at his weakest he was still chucking hundreds of missiles and blocking bullets.) he probably just needed a push in the right direction instead of a straight evolutionary jump like Storm or Angel.

quanchi112
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Rocket, Gamora, Quill, and Drax get taken out pretty fast due to the amount of metal they have.

Groot gets ripped apart by force field, and Mantis gets speared. Based pff what Magneto showings? Support your claims he takes them out in a specific amount of time with actual evidence.

WolvesofBabylon
Based pff what Magneto showings? Support your claims he takes them out in a specific amount of time with actual evidence.

Has been shown multiple times Magneto disarming those who have metal weapons. He can take something as small as a coin or necklace and kill a large group of people in seconds. Imagine what he does with swords/knifes/guns etc...

This fight will be over as quick as Magneto wants it to be. Groot is last one left standing and Magneto chops that tree down.

Surtur

Magneto did things he'd never done before after Apoc amped him. You really think that all this time the guy was capable of creating a force field, but only started to do so after a pep talk?

I guess we'll have to wait until the next movie to see if he does the shield again. If not...I'm comfortable with saying he lost the amp.

Though if we're saying he didn't lose it...it now means Xavier keeps his amp too. Which means he's powerful enough to talk to the entire planet without Cerebro.

KingD19
As long as Storm still has her powers, the others should as well. She was boosted from much weaker levels.

TheVaultDweller
The Xavier and Magneto scenarios were different. When Apocalypse was helping Mags unleash his power, he seemed to be guiding Magneto into tapping into his own full potential. With Xavier, Apocalypse specifically said that he will act as a placeholder for Cerebro:

GMfUmAVCFP0

eVzAU8F5dGI

Mindset
Magneto didn't get any direct amp from Apocalypse, if anything, he was just made to realize that he was holding back.

quanchi112
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Has been shown multiple times Magneto disarming those who have metal weapons. He can take something as small as a coin or necklace and kill a large group of people in seconds. Imagine what he does with swords/knifes/guns etc...

This fight will be over as quick as Magneto wants it to be. Groot is last one left standing and Magneto chops that tree down. Gotg have taken on planet powered opponents, etc. acting like Magneto is this kind of take you out before you blink type guy is silly. He killed backwater cops after they killed loved ones. Not impressive. You are also discounting the feats of the Gotg as well as the opponents who blow poor little Erik out of the waster.

Nah, support it with evidence not baseless statements you cannot back up. Gotg work him, mystique beat the chump.

Eon Blue
Guardians win this.

Mindset
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Guardians win this. How?

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Mindset
Magneto didn't get any direct amp from Apocalypse, if anything, he was just made to realize that he was holding back.

Yeah, that's how the scene looks to me as well. With everyone else, there was an explicit external amp (even with Xavier, as stated in the clip above). Whereas with Eric, Apocalypse specifically referred to Eric's "own strength". This leads me to believe that he was simply guiding him to his potential, not actually amping his power.

Trocity
Magneto stomps, honestly.

juggerman
Originally posted by Surtur
Magneto did things he'd never done before after Apoc amped him. You really think that all this time the guy was capable of creating a force field, but only started to do so after a pep talk?

Same thing happened in First Class. Xavier help him tap into his power more than he did before. Apocalypse did the same thing. You can see he difference between how the others got amped vs what went down with Erik

quanchi112
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Guardians win this. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.