Droids vs clones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthPlaguis12

victreebelvictr
I believe that the Seperatists would have one, it seems like there was a lot pathetic excuses for the Republic to win battles.

DarthPlaguis12
I think it came down to Sidious manipulating both sides.

TheNuisanceBird
In the ROTS Novel Kenobi says something like: "No wonder we're losing this war" although most sources I've read have the Republic being on the verge of victory just before Order 66.

relentless1
The Clones were like Nazi Germany and the Droids were like the USA in WW2; unit vs unit the Germans were far superior to the American forces but there was too many Americans to deal with, like a Nazi General said "our tanks are worth 4 of the American tanks but they always bring 5"

DarthPlaguis12
I know Dooku was making cortosis coated droids that ****ed up the republic but Sidious nixed them being manufactured in a large scale.

Tzeentch
Droids were inferior on a man-to-man basis but the CIS overall had far greater logistical support then the Republic so it shouldn't have mattered.

The WW2 metaphor was good, the American Civil War is also a good example. Southern troops tended to be better soldiers then Northern troops, with more firearm experience (hunting was still a big tradition in the South at the time of the war) and a large number of the US' best generals being southerners. But the North had more factories and a ****heuge population, so once they hit their production stride they were capable of drowning the South in men and firepower.

Even with Sheev influencing the war, the CIS losing a 100% conventional war is frankly one of the least realistic parts of the story.

Total Warrior

TheNuisanceBird
I think in the AOTC novel it says how battle droids alone are more than a match for clones yet alone supers but it's the clones team work and tactics that makes them superior.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Even with Sheev influencing the war, the CIS losing a 100% conventional war is frankly one of the least realistic parts of the story.

The Republic had the Jedi though. Plus they had a territory advantage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.