post episode 6 stories

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tricky
HI there, Im currently reading Tim Zahn' star wars trilogy, Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising & The Last Command. I must say that I think he did a great job of keeping the star wars feel.

In brief, the Empire is now under the control of a Grand Admiral with a tactical mind that could over turn the republic. Luke is now instructing Leia who is pregnant with twins and many of the old characters from ROTJ making appearance's. O yes and there's a cloned Jedi who's working for the Empire...blah, blah.

Anyway my point is, I know that Lucas does'nt want to continue making any more films after EP3 but would I love to see (not necessarily Zahn's ideas) but at least someone's ideas for a follow on?

What do you think?

Ushgarak
Always a much discussed idea. Thematically it is hard because without Anakin the story is basically over (the original sequel trilogy was planned on the idea of Vader NOT dying in ROTJ).

Tricky
yes but the other characters, especially luke should now have enough presidence to be able to carry a film on their own?

Ushgarak
Carry a story of their own, yes. But the Star Wars film saga really was about Anakin, so to continue the EXISTING story, not really.

Tricky
Ok Ush, maybe your right, I'd like to read some other theads as you said this subject has had alot of trafic in the past. Im just suker for extra's especially if they concern the characters, which I love so much.

Ushgarak
It COULD be done. It would have to be some 'Anakin Legacy' plotline. But it is hard to see GL doing it.

Tricky
yes knoe Lucas does'nt want to do any more. Ush I know you know what your talking about but as we're here would you like to see more after EP3?

Ushgarak
Hmmmm... I dunno. Sometimes less is more, you know?

Tricky
yep, flogging a dead horse and all that! Im just on a hype at the mo because ofthe books!

Ushgarak
Well, the books will go on, as far as I can tell, more or less forever.

yerssot
*places big banner: NO SW AFTER EP6*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.