Is ROTJ Darth Vader more powerful than Anakin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xPRIMEx
Based on scaling and several quotes, ROTJ Vader>Anakin. Do you agree?

AncientPower
Not even remotely.

Ursumeles
no

Vitiate
Yee

quanchi112
Hell no.

CuckedCurry
Originally posted by AncientPower
Not even remotely.

Azronger
RotJ Vader is more powerful than KF Vader, yeah

DarthSkywalker0
He's outright stated to be. No getting around it.

Darth Thor
Hes approx on par with TCW Anakin. Or Mustafa Anakin. But no where close to Peak Anakin.

DarthSkywalker0
Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
He's outright stated to be. No getting around it.

My alterego speaking out again. This is not true!!!

Azronger
Yeah, it's been stated 8 times. It's pretty much true lol.

Valpoorion
Most likely, yeah.

Valkorion
Originally posted by Azronger
Yeah, it's been stated 8 times. It's pretty much true lol.

can you post them

DarthSkywalker0
My alterego speaking out again. This is not true!!!

I mean, you can deny it all you want. Doesn't change its validity. Canon fact > opinion of a random SW fan.

Jaggarath
Originally posted by AncientPower
Not even remotely.

DarthSkywalker0
I mean, you can deny it all you want. Doesn't change its validity. Canon fact > opinion of a random SW fan.

Silly, alter ego. Lucas is not a random SW fan!!

ares834
http://i.snag.gy/sLrIF.jpg

DarthSkywalker0
Silly, alter ego. Lucas is not a random SW fan!!

And Lucas never said anything to contradict the quotes being referenced despite your attempts to interpret them in that way. :P

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ares834
http://i.snag.gy/sLrIF.jpg

Lol

Pretty much what is happening here.

xPRIMEx
^lol

I've been back and forth on this a few times. My current stance is that Vader>Anakin, but I could be convinced otherwise.

darthbane77
Not even close. Various scaling and a Lucas quote or two make it abundantly clear that Anakin at his peak was>>>>peak suited-Vader.

Darth Thor
^ Peak Anakin yeah thatd be true. However if we are taking standard late TCW Anakin, hes probably about on par with OT Vader. Ergo ROTJ Vader is probably his slight better.

DarthSkywalker0
Originally posted by darthbane77
Not even close. Various scaling and a Lucas quote or two make it abundantly clear that Anakin at his peak was>>>>peak suited-Vader.

Would love to hear what those are tbh.

xPRIMEx

Valpoorion
This DarthSkywalker0 thing is confusing- which one of them actually is DarthSkywalker0 and which one of them is the other guy?

DarthSkywalker0
Generally the person who actually engages other people is me.

The guy who makes passive comments is DS0.

Galan007
Is there an actual reason you don't make a new account Syn, or do you just prefer tag-teaming DS0's account?

DarthSkywalker0
Originally posted by Galan007
Is there an actual reason you don't make a new account Syn, or do you just prefer tag-teaming DS0's account?

I feel it's less likely I'll get banned using this account as you're more likely to go to bat to get Harrison's account back for him then you would be mine if the mods banned me for some random reason like they did last time.

Galan007
You wouldn't get banned. Just saying.

The people who sock just to troll are the only ones I don't let stay.

One Big Mob
Gaylad is the only mod who sees your posts now.

Galan007
thumb up

The other mods were happy to wash their hands of this forum, tbh.

DarthSkywalker0
And if I were to be banned for "socking" by another mod because I made a new account would you go to bat for me against the decision.

Galan007
I'd just put a note in the mod lounge that I'm allowing you to stay, and they wouldn't touch you unless you started vapidly troll-spamming elsewhere.

Did the same thing with Bart/slorg, for example, and he's still here.

DarthSkywalker0
Alrightie then.

Galan007
Just let me know what your new username is after you make it.

Beelzebub
Originally posted by Galan007
Just let me know what your new username is after you make it.

This guy.

Galan007
thumb up

TheNuisanceBird
Nowhere even close. The ROTS novel especially shows this pretty well. Vader doesn't have any feats that could potentially put him above Yoda.

Beelzebub
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Nowhere even close. The ROTS novel especially shows this pretty well. Vader doesn't have any feats that could potentially put him above Yoda.

Does Anakin? I don't know of any feat by Anakin that is demonstrably better then Vader being massively above an early game Galen Marek. You could argue that if Kenobi's speculations are accurate, his theta storm feat is. But given that speculation doesn't fit with the demonstrated power level of Yoda as of RotS, I wouldn't.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Beelzebub
Does Anakin? I don't know of any feat by Anakin that is demonstrably better then Vader being massively above an early game Galen Marek. You could argue that if Kenobi's speculations are accurate, his theta storm feat is. But given that speculation doesn't fit with the demonstrated power level of Yoda as of RotS, I wouldn't.

I'm pretty sure Vader can't cause Dooku to almost fall unconscious through his physically augmented strength even when Dooku's drawing on his full power.

Beelzebub
I'm pretty sure Vader can't cause Dooku to almost fall unconscious through his physically augmented strength even when Dooku's drawing on his full power.

Just to clarify, that would be a combination of Anakin speed and strength. And I'd argue that if we're going by feats only, Vader's superiority in physical strength to a prime Galen Marek and his superior speed to post RotS ( 1-2 years ) Kenobi decades before his prime is enough to replicate if not surpass that accomplishment.

Jaggarath
Who are you on ComicVine? ^

Beelzebub
Take a guess. :>

TheNuisanceBird
Just to clarify, that would be a combination of Anakin speed and strength. And I'd argue that if we're going by feats only, Vader's superiority in physical strength to a prime Galen Marek and his superior speed to post RotS ( 1-2 years ) Kenobi decades before his prime is enough to replicate if not surpass that accomplishment.

I wouldn't use Galen as a benchmark. Anakin's physical strength and speed is well above Marek's.

Beelzebub
I wouldn't use Galen as a benchmark. Anakin's physical strength and speed is well above Marek's.

Was referencing Galen in order to demonstrate Vader's strength. I referenced Obi Wan to demonstrate Vader's speed. Galen's speed is directly scaled from Vader so I wouldn't use that to prove Vader's speed. While I agree Anakin has better strength feats then Galen, we're not comparing the two, we're comparing being solidly stronger then Marek to being stronger then Dooku.

Jaggarath

TheNuisanceBird
Was referencing Galen in order to demonstrate Vader's strength. I referenced Obi Wan to demonstrate Vader's speed. Galen's speed is directly scaled from Vader so I wouldn't use that to prove Vader's speed. While I agree Anakin has better strength feats then Galen, we're not comparing the two, we're comparing being solidly stronger then Marek to being stronger then Dooku.

Dooku's physical strength isn't below Marek's if that's what you're suggesting.

Beelzebub
@Jaggarth: Well, in the TFU novelization it says that, where Galen is fast, Vader is strong. I believe that probably means that they hold the respective advantages in those areas.

Does that matter though? Even if there's something else augmenting his strength to that level that doesn't change the fact that his strength is on that level.

Beelzebub
Dooku's physical strength isn't below Marek's if that's what you're suggesting.

Going by their respective feats/scaling they would at the very least be on or around the same level.

TheNuisanceBird
Going by their respective feats/scaling they would at the very least be on or around the same level.

Which would put them below Anakin. Dooku's colossally strong and would be able to stand up to Vader better than Marek.

Beelzebub
Which would put them below Anakin. Dooku's colossally strong and would be able to stand up to Vader better than Marek.

Yes, but again we're not discussing Galen and Dooku in comparison to Anakin.

Well that's the debate. I'd appreciate some evidence to support Dooku being physically stronger then Galen.

Jaggarath
@Jaggarth: Well, in the TFU novelization it says that, where Galen is fast, Vader is strong. I believe that probably means that they hold the respective advantages in those areas.

Does that matter though? Even if there's something else augmenting his strength to that level that doesn't change the fact that his strength is on that level.
lmao, it also says that about ROTJ Luke and ROTJ Vader, yet Luke's just as if not more physically powerful.

Not to mention that's not peak Marek anyway.

TheNuisanceBird
Yes, but again we're not discussing Galen and Dooku in comparison to Anakin.

Well that's the debate. I'd appreciate some evidence to support Dooku being physically stronger then Galen.

I mentioned that because I believe Anakin's physical strength > Vader's.

What exactly does Galen have that stands up to Dooku meeting Yoda's strength head on?

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Jaggarath
lmao, it also says that about ROTJ Luke and ROTJ Vader, yet Luke's just as if not more physically powerful.

ROTJ Luke? Why do you believe so? It's hard to gauge their attributes in comparison to each other regarding the circumstances of that fight.

Beelzebub

While I don't think it's clear cut, I don't see any problem with the interpretation that, prior to Luke becoming enraged, Vader was stronger then him.

Of course. I'm simply referencing Galen as of that point in the fight.

TheNuisanceBird
What are your thoughts on TFU Vader? There's been a lot of debate recently among my friends as to when Vader's prime is. I personally believe it to be ROTJ.

Beelzebub
What are your thoughts on TFU Vader? There's been a lot of debate recently among my friends as to when Vader's prime is. I personally believe it to be ROTJ.

It's stated to be RotJ by Vader himself and the OT in general by numerous quotes.

CactusJoe
It's stated to be RotJ by Vader himself and the OT in general by numerous quotes.
All of which, to my knowledge, are pre-TFU quotes (talking out-of-universe here). So, one could argue that, in Legends, there are actually two versions of Vader: one that is encompassed by the aforementioned quotes, and one that is exempt from those (TFU).

As to this thread, Vader has a decent chance of beating Anakin imo. If nothing else, he possesses intimate knowledge of Anakin for obvious reasons, which is a fairly big advantage.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by CactusJoe
All of which, to my knowledge, are pre-TFU quotes (talking out-of-universe here). So, one could argue that, in Legends, there are actually two versions of Vader: one that is encompassed by the aforementioned quotes, and one that is exempt from those (TFU).

As to this thread, Vader has a decent chance of beating Anakin imo. If nothing else, he possesses intimate knowledge of Anakin for obvious reasons, which is a fairly big advantage.

Even if he did know he was fighting a younger version of himself it likely wouldn't matter. Just because he knows what to expect doesn't mean it'll be easy. I don't see Vader's formula working well against someone like Anakin.

DarthCaedus77
In force power yes, in sabers he gets thrashed.

CactusJoe
Even if he did know he was fighting a younger version of himself it likely wouldn't matter. Just because he knows what to expect doesn't mean it'll be easy. I don't see Vader's formula working well against someone like Anakin.
See, you're already walking down the dark path that is the straw man. I never said it would be an easy win for Vader. In fact, I never even said Vader would win for sure. Just that familarity with Anakin's prowess is an advantage he possesses. Your baseless opinion that it wouldn't matter also doesn't cut it when SW history has shown it does.

smile

Darth Thor
Oh come on, we arent really using the Vader knows Anakins moves BS are we?

If you wanna walk down that road, then Vader cant do anything lethal to Anakin because it would effect his future self lol.

This thread is about which incarnation is the greater combatant. Not about which one would have the advantage in a time travel meet up.

CactusJoe
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Oh come on, we arent really using the Vader knows Anakins moves BS are we?

If you wanna walk down that road, then Vader cant do anything lethal to Anakin because it would effect his future self lol.

This thread is about which incarnation is the greater combatant. Not about which one would have the advantage in a time travel meet up.
Yeah, because that's a totally valid comparison lol.

Darth Thor
^ Its basically the same line of retardation and completely missing the point of the thread, yeah Lmao

CactusJoe
^ Its basically the same line of retardation and completely missing the point of the thread, yeah Lmao
You've been a braindead vegetable for years, my friend. I was addressing other already off-topic posts in this thread, so I'm excused. And no, it's not at all the same line of logic. Knowledge, familiarity, previous experience etc. is obviously important factors in vs. battles. On the contrary, by saying that Vader can't harm Anakin without harming himself, you project the entire SW timeline into the vs. battle. By that line of retardation, almost all vs. threads can't exist, because they would either affect the SW universe in a different way than has already happened, or they were dead by the time the opposite character existed.

facepalm

Freedon Nadd
Legends-wise. Yes.
Canon-wise. No.

TheNuisanceBird
See, you're already walking down the dark path that is the straw man. I never said it would be an easy win for Vader. In fact, I never even said Vader would win for sure. Just that familarity with Anakin's prowess is an advantage he possesses. Your baseless opinion that it wouldn't matter also doesn't cut it when SW history has shown it does.

smile

You completely missed the point.

CactusJoe
You completely missed the point.
No, you did, and now you don't know what the hell to say so you try and make me look bad. Nice try, chief, but it ain't working this time.

TheNuisanceBird
No, you did, and now you don't know what the hell to say so you try and make me look bad. Nice try, chief, but it ain't working this time.

Not when you tried to push a straw man.

We were talking about Anakin's style being known to Vader being irrelevant and when I was explaining my point of view you made something else of it.

TheIndyJedi
Anakin is definitely better, but still he doesn't stomp him like some may suggest he does.

CactusJoe
Not when you tried to push a straw man.

We were talking about Anakin's style being known to Vader being irrelevant and when I was explaining my point of view you made something else of it.
I was pointing out your straw man bro. Your entire post was based on me saying Vader would have it ''easy'', which I never said lol.

TheNuisanceBird
I was pointing out your straw man bro. Your entire post was based on me saying Vader would have it ''easy'', which I never said lol.

That was what I meant. I brought up something to support my argument and you went after it.

Apologies for not explaining it better for you. I will send you ILS and an unabused pig as a gift.

CactusJoe
That was what I meant. I brought up something to support my argument and you went after it.

Apologies for not explaining it better for you. I will send you ILS and an unabused pig as a gift.
Those are some awfully convenient gifts, thank you.

TheNuisanceBird
Those are some awfully convenient gifts, thank you.

Service with a smile. Addition features include ILS saying "daddy" repeatedly at a rapid rate and screaming "f*ggot" at the top of his lungs while fracking the pig.

The Merchant
Dooku>Vader thanks to Force Lightning.

Maul>Vader thanks to better sober skills.

Beelzebub
Originally posted by The Merchant

Nah. I'll bet Maul was drunk off his ass after having his plans ruined by Sidious. Had to cope with his depression somehow.

Darth Thor
You've been a braindead vegetable for years, my friend. I was addressing other already off-topic posts in this thread, so I'm excused. And no, it's not at all the same line of logic. Knowledge, familiarity, previous experience etc. is obviously important factors in vs. battles. On the contrary, by saying that Vader can't harm Anakin without harming himself, you project the entire SW timeline into the vs. battle. By that line of retardation, almost all vs. threads can't exist, because they would either affect the SW universe in a different way than has already happened, or they were dead by the time the opposite character existed.

facepalm

Yeah youre being super retarded.

Or at least youre being very silly over this point.

We are discussing who is the better/ more powerful combatant. If your point is Vader has better knowledge of forms in general
Then fair enough.

But saying Vader will win because he will remember all of Anakins moves is just facepalm

TheIndyJedi

Flawed logic my friend

Trocity

And Palpatine is Ommin level.

CactusJoe
You dare to call me retarded, when you're the one one who's literally an illiterate ****?

Read my post again, you dimwit.

I never said Vader would beat Anakin. When TheNuisanceBird similarly failed to comprehend my post, I said the same thing.

Learn to ****ing read. Holy shit. I won't waste my time on you until you do.

Darth Thor

CactusJoe
This guy ''Darth Thor'' thinks that writing swear words means I'm triggered lol. Shit, *****, ****. Am I triggered x3 now? Also lol @accusing me of overreacting when you were the first one to start being toxic i.e. ''retardation''.

Imagine calling someone retarded and then in the same sentence write ''youre point''. ****ing lol'd. That pretty much sums this convo up.

Although all these are true in principle, you still somehow manage to articulate yourself terribly. Such as, ''so advantage to him'' - which would indicate superiority, whereas my post quite clearly meant benefit. Same goes for ''he has a chance'' - as if I have said that having knowledge of one's previous self alone gives that person a chance. Your line about Kenobi works, so there's 1/3 correct. Impressive.

You're the moron here, ******. I just brought up a simple point and your response is literally ''If you wanna walk down that road, then Vader cant do anything lethal to Anakin because it would effect his future self lol.'' I honestly have no idea how your brain malfunctioned so much that you would even write that nonsense. The only conclusion that I can reach is that you're gagging so hard on Anakin's dick that any small point brought up not absolutely in his favor must be contested. And since then the only thing you've done is misinterpret my posts because you apparently can't read.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

TheNuisanceBird
Ok this is actually getting funny.

ares834
https://i.imgur.com/0hQyd5L.gif

CactusJoe
https://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/m4cAVKu.png

TheNuisanceBird

Same.

CactusJoe
Been here for 2 days and already the focus of drama https://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/7qCiSUb.png simply reinforcing my position as the most influtential SWF poster of the last 5 years https://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/rejoice.png

BestDebaterEver
I honestly have no idea how your brain malfunctioned so much that you would even write that nonsense. laughing Happy Dance

Darth Thor
This guy ''Darth Thor'' thinks that writing swear words means I'm triggered lol. Shit, *****, ****. Am I triggered x3 now? Also lol @accusing me of overreacting when you were the first one to start being toxic i.e. ''retardation''.

Imagine calling someone retarded and then in the same sentence write ''youre point''. ****ing lol'd. That pretty much sums this convo up.

I said its the same Line of Retardation.

Dont be so damn sensitive. You made a damn stupid point. Thats okay, dont have to go all schizo.

Ooh spelling brigade on the case. Shut it you nerd.

You're the moron here, ******. I just brought up a simple point and your response is literally ''If you wanna walk down that road, then Vader cant do anything lethal to Anakin because it would effect his future self lol.'' I honestly have no idea how your brain malfunctioned so much that you would even write that nonsense. The only conclusion that I can reach is that you're gagging so hard on Anakin's dick that any small point brought up not absolutely in his favor must be contested. And since then the only thing you've done is misinterpret my posts because you apparently can't read.

I see your only real point here is that you are more articulate than me. Congratulations. It was still a stupid point, because we are not talking about Vader vs his young self. We are discussing at which point he was more powerful and at his peak.

And aside from being “articulate” and going all schizo, you still dont a decent counter.

Your pony sucks. Accept it and move on you articulate psycho.

Darth Thor
^ *Point sucks. Phone does that sometimes. Must mean I cant read or spell.

CactusJoe

Dont be so damn sensitive. You made a damn stupid point. Thats okay, dont have to go all schizo.

I see your only real point here is that you are more articulate than me. Congratulations. It was still a stupid point, because we are not talking about Vader vs his young self. We are discussing at which point he was more powerful and at his peak.

And aside from being “articulate” and going all schizo, you still dont a decent counter.

https://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/rsz_tqharym.png
Imagine being out-articulated by a non-native speaker https://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/3w2MWDX.png

quanchi112
laughing out loud

D. Thor is getting worked.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
CactusJoe (whoever that could possibly be smile) is thrashing smile

Jaggarath

Who hacked Darth Thor, lmao?

CactusJoe
Who hacked Darth Thor, lmao?
This guy Thor been on KMC for a decade and this is the angriest I've ever seen him lmao, guy legit called me a psychopath https://i.imgur.com/sBIfXOe.gif

Darth Thor
Lmao I think its quite evident who was banging their keyboard having a fit.

But yeah you are being legit psycho right now. Carry on.

CactusJoe
Lmao I think its quite evident who was banging their keyboard having a fit.

But yeah you are being legit psycho right now. Carry on.
I was stroking my penishead to some nice zoo while writing all my posts, not raging https://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/uxelfEP.png

Darth Thor

quanchi112
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
CactusJoe (whoever that could possibly be smile) is thrashing smile thumb up

quanchi112
This guy Thor been on KMC for a decade and this is the angriest I've ever seen him lmao, guy legit called me a psychopath https://i.imgur.com/sBIfXOe.gif laughing out loud

Valpoorion
Damn, CactusJoe is killing it

TheNuisanceBird
Maybe they swapped accounts for the week.

DarthAnt66 undercover in Quanchi's account would be interesting.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Valpoorion
Damn, CactusJoe is killing it D. Thor took the L.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.