The Defenders (MCU) vs Suicide Squad (DCEU)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robotflug
The Defenders are trying to stop the villain team Suicide Squad from wrecking havoc. New York City must be saved before it's too late.

Note: Enchantress is absent.

TheVaultDweller
The main issue for the SS is Luke. Deadshot, Harley, Boomerang and Flag's weapons will be useless against him. Croc doesn't have the feats to suggest he can take him. It's only Katana or El Diablo who might be able to do something. And that's assuming that the mystical elements of their weapons/abilities makes Cage more susceptible to them, as regular swords and fire also have no effect.

If they can put him down though, they should be able to take the win, through sheer numbers and better gear.

HulkIsHulk
Diablo can easily murder Luke's team leaving him alone though

John Murdoch
^Ya, only thing I can think of is if Danny gets a chi blast or Matt quickly starts bouncing billy clubs off the environment to take down the lesser Suicide Squad members right off the bat. If not, Deadshot and Diablo shoot/burn all but Luke in short order.

If Luke gets his hands on anyone of the squad sans Diablo, they're gone. So, I agree with Vault there: either Luke stops all the squad, or Katana and Diablo finish off Carl.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Diablo can easily murder Luke's team leaving him alone though

Yeah, well, that's why I said Luke is the issue. I don't see the other Defenders lasting too long. It's just a question of whether the mystical members on the SS can put him down.

KingD19
Katana's blade doesnt seem to be more than a tough Katana that absorbs souls. It has no feats to show it can cut Luke.

Diablo's flames are hot but we dont know how "mystical" they are. It could simply be that they were extremely hot(they turned blue)and thats how he helped stop Incubus. We know for a fact both of them were easily killed by a shape charge snd shrapnel that Luke would've ignored.

TheVaultDweller
Yes, unfortunately, the two lack screen time/feats to make it a sure thing. Which is linked to one of my main criticisms of that movie. They wasted a lot of the cast. And what makes it even more frustrating is that I actually liked El Diablo and thought he had one of the more compelling backstories (not only his personal tragedy, but the link between his own abilities and that of Incubus and Enchantress), and wanted to see more of him. But they have him be the one SS member to die in a fireball...

Darth Thor
Originally posted by KingD19
Katana's blade doesnt seem to be more than a tough Katana that absorbs souls. It has no feats to show it can cut Luke.

Didnt it kill the Enchantress?

Silent Master
I don't remember the Enchantress being invulnerable, her brother was killed easily enough.

riv6672
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
The main issue for the SS is Luke. Deadshot, Harley, Boomerang and Flag's weapons will be useless against him. Croc doesn't have the feats to suggest he can take him. It's only Katana or El Diablo who might be able to do something. And that's assuming that the mystical elements of their weapons/abilities makes Cage more susceptible to them, as regular swords and fire also have no effect.

If they can put him down though, they should be able to take the win, through sheer numbers and better gear.
Another great synopsis; pleasure to read. thumb up

TheVaultDweller
^^ Thanks. I try to keep the brainfarts in check when I post lol.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Silent Master
I don't remember the Enchantress being invulnerable, her brother was killed easily enough.

I would think a bomb is greater than an ordinary Katana blade.

TheVaultDweller
It would help if Enchantress and Incubus had more feats. We know Enchantress was bulletproof to at least small arms fire (based on Deadshot unloading a clip into her back to no effect), but you can be bulletproof but still not as durable as Cage, seeing as he used to be less durable but still bulletproof himself. And, IIRC, Waller was able to puncture Enchantress' heart once it was exposed in the case (please correct me if I am wrong though, as I don't recall that scene 100% clearly right now).

So, I don't feel like we have enough definitive info to say whether or not they could seriously hurt Cage. But that's just my 2 cents.

Silent Master
So do I, which is why I don't understand how her sword killing the Enchantress is proof that it would hurt/kill Luke

riv6672
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
^^ Thanks. I try to keep the brainfarts in check when I post lol.
^^^That never works for me.

Luke is the deciding factor, for me, though. The SS have a firepower/ranged attack advantage, the Defenders have a Luke advantage.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^That never works for me.

If the brain farts still slip out, it just means your tinfoil hat needs more layers. shifty

I didn't sleep much, so my jokes are really bad right now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.