A VS X: Dr. Strange/Professor X

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/b/b2/StrangeBadass.png

Standard gear.
Fight in NYC.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/xmenmovies/images/3/3f/ProfessorXFP.jpg

TheVaultDweller
Xavier, easily. Strange has no feats to suggest Xavier won't wreak havoc inside his head.

NotAllThatEvil
As far as I can tell, strange has no psychic defense

carthage
Xavier wrecks him

riv6672
Neat.
Thought the time gem would even things out.

NemeBro
X is an extremely difficult opponent for characters without some telepathic defense or the ability to blitz faster than thought. Almost insurmountable really.

riv6672
Eh, his onscreen feats never really suggested that to me, but him winning is certainly possible, otherwise i wouldnt have made the match up!

TheVaultDweller
It's not always as noticeable, because they tend to write him out via plot device, because otherwise it'd be an easy win for the X-men (gets poisoned by Mystique via Cerebro in one film, has the other telepath in the wheelchair used against him in X2, literally disintegrating him in X3, the helmet with first Shaw and then Mags in First Class, the medicine that let him walk at the cost of his powers in DoFP, making him semi-senile in Logan etc.). The writers generally have to find a reason to bench him because, as shown as far back as the first film, he can flat-out mind control someone who doesn't have resistance/protection, at 2:20 odd here:

zS_szvIxbAo

or freeze them in place:

MwprCekqoBk

riv6672
Yeah, going by feats, this is no stomp for Xavier at all. He simply doesnt have great teack record.
A friend at HeroChat wrote the below concerning the same match up, it was fun reading:

TheVaultDweller
None of those reasons are really relevant to this fight though.

- Strange doesn't have telepathy.
- Strange doesn't have a helmet which makes him immune to telepathy.
- Strange isn't going to sneak into the X-Mansion and put poison in Cerebro during the middle of the fight.
- Xavier was betrayed by Magneto in X2, which is why he got captured. Stryker specifically prepped to have him captured.
- The Sentinels were robots, which Strange isn't, so not really applicable either.
- Apocalypse had Magneto's help when capturing him and would murder Strange as well.

The only way I see Strange not getting mind-raped here is if you give him prep.

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
Well, you can always use the Legion version of Xavier. stick out tongue

He's never actually appeared onscreen, but we know he beat the Shadow King, who could do all this, even when not at full power:

0UxuLVU3NyY

But then high-tier Legion characters are pretty terrifying.

https://i.redd.it/tiuclkx91gky.gif

juggerman
Well Zod never won a fight either but based on his powers we would give him a win over a ton of people assuming he's powered.

But Xavier had a much of plot working against him. I mean to be fair his encounter with Stryker's son was when his powers were being blocked yet he still resisted for a long ass time.

Darth Thor
Besides weve seen enough of Xaviers powers to know why they needed a plot device in every movie to keep him out of the fights.

Freezes and entire shopping maul on 1 occasion and the FBI headquarters on another. Effortlessly possesses Sabertooth and Toad simultaneously.

riv6672

juggerman
Point is not winning doesn't mean can't win

riv6672

juggerman
Sure it can. Again Zod(never won) would dominate John Preston(always won) in a fight for example. It depends on the character's abilities and known tactics more some than their win/loss records.

Xavier has not only shown the ability to control minds but has done it multiple times at ease even mid fight. The only times he doesn't is against beings with known resistances to it or individuals that have prepared specifically to combat or avoid it. Strange doesn't fall within either category

riv6672

Bentley
So we ignore that Strange has literally no way of avoiding X's Powers to make it a fight now? confused

Quanchi taught you well Riv.

riv6672

riv6672
Fun thread.

juggerman
Won't let me quote you riv

It doesn't matter what Strange is trying to do as he isn't faster than Xavier's thoughts. Unless he has prep he gets frozen as soon as the match starts. All of his abilities take a few moments to set up and utilize. Xavier only needs 1

And Zod is an excellent example but you bring up a good point. Zod wasn't used to his abilities while Xavier has honed his all of his life. This is a rage stomp in Xavier's favor. Now if Strange had prep he could easily take him out but as it stands Xavier wins hilariously easy

juggerman
Originally posted by riv6672
Fun thread. no

Bentley

riv6672

juggerman
Still not letting me quote your longer responses riv. It's weird since it let me quote the short one:

Here's the thing though, Xavier has show to be able to completely take over people's minds nigh instantly. In fact he does this multiple times to large swaths of people. Strange has not shown one ability to make us believe he can stand up to that level of mind manipulation nor has he ever been shown to move at speeds fast enough to take out Xavier before said attack happens. This is a severe mismatch and I think you just don't want to admit it because it's your thread

As for a match up with with Xavier that would work: The problem we have is that Xavier is far too powerful for most characters to go up against due to his ability. The ones that can stand up to it or attack faster than he can use them makes it a mismatch in the other direction. The only good matches he can have are against telepaths that are of around equal standing to him. Unless you want to use First Class X before he became paralyzed. At least then he might be able to fight in h2h

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by juggerman
...Now if Strange had prep he could easily take him out...

*imagines Patrick Stewart floating endlessly through space, jelly legs flailing about.*

juggerman
That's weird that you can't quote for something like that. I guess I can use the quotes like you did but UGH

Exactly. They always had to take him out on some BS cuz he would've ended most issues before they got out of hand

Hard to really play DA when the match is so unbalanced. I didn't realize I haven't created one in so long. Maybe I'll do one soon

juggerman
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
*imagines Patrick Stewart floating endlessly through space, jelly legs flailing about.* laughing out loud

riv6672
^^^good deal man, thanks for a fun morning talking w. me. thumb up

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
*imagines Patrick Stewart floating endlessly through space, jelly legs flailing about.*
laughing out loud

Bentley
@Riv You're not hot enough to get Bentley'd ahah

John Murdoch
Should Strange be able to very very very very very quickly activate the time gem, he can get in the groundhog day loop until he somehow defeats Xavier. Besides that, all Charles needs is a thought to get a win.

Strange has a myriad of options that would incapacitate Charles, but Charles only need think somewhat fast.

If Strange eventually gets some kind of psychic defense in the movies, this would be a very entertaining battle. Imagine Apocalypse's final showdown in Apoc and Charles' minds, only with Strange doing all his crazy effects

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Imagine Apocalypse's final showdown in Apoc and Charles' minds, only with Strange doing all his crazy effects

Something kind of like this, maybe, but with wizards instead?

_D5bDF3Gy48

riv6672
I stopped watching Legion. Even Aubrey Plaza couldnt save it for me ... no

Impediment
Xavier mind rapes Strange.

riv6672
^^^Talk about coming in at the ass end of the choo choo...laughing

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by riv6672
I stopped watching Legion. Even Aubrey Plaza couldnt save it for me ... no

Personally, it's one of my favourite comic book tv shows. But I do also acknowledge that it's definitely not a show for everyone.

riv6672
I really wanted to like it, it just wasnt for me, like you said.
Tell you what though, not sure who they've cast as Crazy Jane in the upcoming Doom Patrol series, but for me, Plaza would be dream casting...

https://preview.ibb.co/hg11F0/821-FA821-FAC4-4624-A61-C-DAC179-F2-FA05.jpg

Eon Blue
A case could be made for both characters, but Xavier takes it more times than not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.