Ballot switching in Texas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/some-texans-say-voting-machines-are-changing-their-straight-ticket-choices-to-other-party-in-key-races

Complaints that early voting ballots are switching intended vote in Texas. According to officials, it isn't the machines, but the voters not waiting for the next scene to render.

Remember those old Apple II computers, that would take ten minutes to process 20 clicks in a second? Getting an idea that's the problem here.

That would be cheap/inefficient programming or hardware, which totally makes it the machines fault. This isn't a budget laptop here, it should have enough horse power, and be streamlined enough, where the non tech savvy don't need to worry about thing like half rendered screens. Either the government cut corners, or the contractors did. Probably both.

Surtur
Why even post this? Democrats have told us we don't need to worry about this kind of thing.

Are...are you saying we shouldn't trust the words spewing forth from their mouth?

cdtm
I'm saying this is probably less likely corruption, and more garden variety incompetence.

Surtur
For some reason this kind of stuff is more disturbing if it's just accidental.

Flyattractor
Most Computer (If not all) Companies are run and managed by Extremely Left Wing People so I think we can still have fun with the "Its all a Lefty Conspiracy" Stuff..

Cause lets face it...Its fun!

Surtur
We can try to root out corruption, but if it's just human error...

Flyattractor
I heard those computers have WINDOWS on them....so we all know those can't be fixed.

dadudemon
Originally posted by cdtm
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/some-texans-say-voting-machines-are-changing-their-straight-ticket-choices-to-other-party-in-key-races

Complaints that early voting ballots are switching intended vote in Texas. According to officials, it isn't the machines, but the voters not waiting for the next scene to render.

Remember those old Apple II computers, that would take ten minutes to process 20 clicks in a second? Getting an idea that's the problem here.

That would be cheap/inefficient programming or hardware, which totally makes it the machines fault. This isn't a budget laptop here, it should have enough horse power, and be streamlined enough, where the non tech savvy don't need to worry about thing like half rendered screens. Either the government cut corners, or the contractors did. Probably both.

Some have laws that make it to where the names show up in random order so it forces people to have to read.

This would also swap votes to "the other guy" instead of Cruz.

Is this voting law in Texas? It is in Oklahoma.

Robtard
Wait, so is the story another Trumper's cry foul and it's because they're too dimwitted to read properly before pushing a button again?

Also inb4 Trump claims "millions of illegal Mexican voters" again.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Wait, so is the story another Trumper's cry foul and it's because they're too dimwitted to read properly before pushing a button again? I think we are detecting a pattern here.

dadudemon
Wait, so is the story another Trumper's cry foul and it's because they're too dimwitted to read properly before pushing a button again?

Also inb4 Trump claims "millions of illegal Mexican voters" again.

You have it opposite.

Dems and Leftards were whining all over the place: media, twitter, reddit, etc. That the system was hacked, corrupted and the election was being stolen and given to Cruz because the vote would "magically switch" to Cruz before going to the next screen.

Robtard
The one I'm thinking of was a thread about switching Republican votes over to the Democrat option. Forget who made it, defo one of the pre-election Trumpers. We had so many back then.

dadudemon
The one I'm thinking of was a thread about switching Republican votes over to the Democrat option. Forget who made it, defo one of the pre-election Trumpers. We had so many back then.

This latest problem is just happening over the last 3 ish days.

And, yes, the conservatards do this crap, too.

Robtard
What's concerning, there seems to be legit Black voter suppression in Georgia happening right now.

dadudemon
What's concerning, there seems to be legit Black voter suppression in Georgia happening right now.

Some black voters not being able to vote in Georgia you say? And will that change the outcome of the elections? I doubt it.

It's faux-outrage. Just intended to drive voters to Dems. More PR manipulation.

Semi-related...

But, here's my take on Democrats and Black Voters:

Dems: Vote for us. We'll help you with your black issues because we are the party of progressives and we care. And the GOP people are racists!

Black Voters: Oh, okay. Yes, that sounds like what I'm looking for in a candidate.

*Dems fail to do anything at all for black voter but pay lots of lip-service to ensure that black voters continue to vote Dem*

*Repeat cycle every election cycle*

*Almost nothing changes for black people in the US*

snowdragon

The Republican running for office needs to get the f-outta his position that is in charge of voting/registering voters.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Some black voters not being able to vote in Georgia you say? And will that change the outcome of the elections? I doubt it.

It's faux-outrage. Just intended to drive voters to Dems. More PR manipulation.

Semi-related...

But, here's my take on Democrats and Black Voters:

Dems: Vote for us. We'll help you with your black issues because we are the party of progressives and we care. And the GOP people are racists!

Black Voters: Oh, okay. Yes, that sounds like what I'm looking for in a candidate.

*Dems fail to do anything at all for black voter but pay lots of lip-service to ensure that black voters continue to vote Dem*

*Repeat cycle every election cycle*

*Almost nothing changes for black people in the US* Yes. I'd say their ability to sway an election or not is not the point. Voter suppression in of itself is the point.

Robtard
Originally posted by snowdragon
The Republican running for office needs to get the f-outta his position that is in charge of voting/registering voters.

That would be a first step.

dadudemon
Yes. I'd say their ability to sway an election or not is not the point. Voter suppression in of itself is the point.

Still depends. I'm only reading Dem-PR outrage over this but have yet to see how anything in it was legit voter suppression.

snowdragon

Flyattractor
Did they all have valid driver's licenses?

snowdragon
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Did they all have valid driver's licenses?

You don't even have to have a valid one, an expired one works as well.

The only things that have to match up with the database are name and dob.

Also even if they weren't registered to vote they could still vote with the appropriate ID in the midterms.

GA DMV Voter Registration Information

Flyattractor
But having a D.L is a RACIST THING!!!!!!!??

Didn't you know that!?

dadudemon

cdtm
https://ivn.us/2017/05/02/courts-cant-protect-right-vote-private-corporations-control-elections/

Here's a somewhat related thing. It's about how the DNC doesn't even need to follow it's own rules, and sandbagged Bernie Sanders, while the courts could do nothing because, hey, private corporation.

This says a lot about the RNC, too. A two party system controlled by two corporations who don't even need to follow their own rules of impartiality.

Flyattractor
The Left does love the double standards.

cdtm
Originally posted by Flyattractor
The Left does love the double standards.

It's disturbing that a judge will rule a private company like Twitter needs to open up, because presidential access, yet the corporation that picks the only real viable candidates are ruled as hands off, because they're private corporations.

If the DNC kept to its rules, maybe we would have had Bernie beat Trump.

snowdragon
Originally posted by cdtm
It's disturbing that a judge will rule a private company like Twitter needs to open up, because presidential access, yet the corporation that picks the only real viable candidates are ruled as hands off, because they're private corporations.

If the DNC kept to its rules, maybe we would have had Bernie beat Trump.

It's just another piece in a long line of bad choices where we give far to much power to Corporations in our governance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.