Low IQ people vs. automation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Azwronger
As the automation's progress comes to live, the first jobs removed will be the physical labor ones, fulfilled by those of lowest intellectual capabilities. We can't cay for certain when the time for this arrives, but when it does, it's the unqualified personnel with low IQ who will be left jobless first.

What will happen with the low IQ people unable to do more than the physical labor then, when at least 50% of it is removed? What will we do with those people? Will they be killed, or sustained through welfare?

BestDebaterEver
Less people in the labour force = less competition = higher wages all around. We have already proven we are capable of massively overproducing things like food compared to our current population, and automation only makes that easier.

So yeah, smart people will work harder jobs, lots of people will be made redundant, wages will increase. Everyone will have everything they need, unless they are literally contributing nothing to society and neither is anyone else who could possibly take care of them.

But yes, then you could also just give people free things for nothing, that's an option too.

Putinbot1
The Star Wars hang out strikes back!

gold_slorg
indeed, under capitalism initially there will be a gradual increasing level at which you need to be to contribute at all to society, those two lazy or too retarded to rise above that level will be worthless, gradually this level will rise until it consumes everyone. the hope is, it can rise slowly enough that politicians and businesses will notice and react, but if it rises suddenly before anyone can react there will be chaos and total clusterf*ck of society

Valkorion
Originally posted by Putinbot1
The Star Wars hang out strikes back!

how is it not a reasonable question? it's much deeper than any of your threads which are just cheap GQ magazine headlines lmao, economists widely discuss this even if they don't want to use "low IQ"

or are you one of those ideologues who thinks iq is fake

NoHateSpeech
iq is a racist myth and you all are literally nazis who think trans disabled PoCs are just playthings for your "science" and "economics"

f*ck you

(and f*ck trump)

BackFire
UBI

Flyattractor
More People out of the Work Force just means more people will have time to get true Low Skill Positions...Like Interweb Message Board Mods....

BackFire
Oh we don't get paid.

Flyattractor
Just now figured that out huh?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Azwronger
As the automation's progress comes to live, the first jobs removed will be the physical labor ones, fulfilled by those of lowest intellectual capabilities. We can't cay for certain when the time for this arrives, but when it does, it's the unqualified personnel with low IQ who will be left jobless first.

What will happen with the low IQ people unable to do more than the physical labor then, when at least 50% of it is removed? What will we do with those people? Will they be killed, or sustained through welfare?

I must say...

Damn, it's nice to see Galan being an effective mod so quickly. smile

He's knocking it out of the park.

To the topic question: We've beaten this topic to death already over the years. Yes, automation will take over jobs and it has already started. Nothing we can do about that besides be proactive participants or agents of change. I am an agent of change for this, currently, as part of my and current job.

BackFire
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Just now figured that out huh?

I've been lied to for years.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Putinbot1
The Star Wars hang out strikes back! laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by BackFire
I've been lied to for years. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.