Hey! Its Day Light Savings Time!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
Ahh it is the Wonderful/Horrible Time of Year when you Either GAIN an extra hour or Beddy Bye Time or LOSE An Hour of Visit to the Land of Nod?

What are YOUR Feelings on the Subject??? For those that live in places where it is a actual thing.... Do Arizona and Hawaii got the Right Idea?

Personally I love the Fall back bit, but that Spring Forward bit is pure bull shit.

https://ied.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/for-or-against.png

BackFire
Yeah I like the fall back part. Overall though it's a dumb idea that should be done away with, not worth the hassle.

Surtur
There is no valid reason to keep doing it.

Robtard
Agree with BF and Surt, should be done away with. See no real point and I really dislike it being dark at 4:30pm in deep winter.

Flyattractor
I both Agree and Disagree with Robbie. I see no real point to it any more other then TRADITION and I LIKE it GETTING Dark as Early as Possible. That Big Bright Thing in the Sky Really PO's some times. Up there all Bright and Warming...makes me SICK !!!!!!!!

dadudemon
This poll with a 4% margin of error says....

74% of Americans want to end DST:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/poll-74-percent-of-americans-want-to-end-daylight-saving-time-but-keep-later-sunsets-300549400.html

In other words, keep the DST. Which would put east coast at -4 GMT, cetnral at -5GMT, mountain at -6GMT, and pacific at -7GMT.

I highly suspect that the older (55+) respondents are the majority of the people that want to keep moving around the daylight savings stuff.

So why do we keep it? Why, dudes? Pleeeeeease can we end it?

ares834
Originally posted by Robtard
Agree with BF and Surt, should be done away with. See no real point and I really dislike it being dark at 4:30pm in deep winter.

But that's standard time. Personally, Id like it if we stayed on DST permanently and not fall back to standard time. Which I assume you were suggesting as well?

Robtard
Originally posted by ares834
But that's standard time. Personally, Id like it if we stayed on DST permanently and not fall back to standard time. Which I assume you were suggesting as well?

Whichever gives me longer days so it's not dark by 4:30 pm in winter and keep it at that.

Impediment
All I know is that I gain an hour of well deserved sleep.

You can all gargle my scrotum until you have a speech impediment.

quanchi112
Get rid of it.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by quanchi112
Get rid of it.
Ditto.

Adam_PoE
How would you feel about time not being a fixed increment, but scaling with daylight? So for example, instead of setting clocks back an hour in autumn, the units of measurement simply get shorter as the pole tilts away from the sun on its orbit?

BackFire
Time should be removed, it's dated.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
How would you feel about time not being a fixed increment, but scaling with daylight? So for example, instead of setting clocks back an hour in autumn, the units of measurement simply get shorter as the pole tilts away from the sun on its orbit?

I would be happy just to get the time back after I read that.

Surtur
https://i.imgur.com/wUbf65s.jpg

Flyattractor
So that is who trained that guy to build his "Bombs"....

Tzeentch
Originally posted by dadudemon
So why do we keep it? Why, dudes? Because boomers are in charge of the world and old people fear change.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
So that is who trained that guy to build his "Bombs"....

His family also received special training in "how to fail at suing over the situation our child created". It's hilarious. They wanted like 15 million. Lol.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Because boomers are in charge of the world and old people fear change.

Says every young person before they become old.

That is one Tired Old Song and Dance that Never changes.

rolling on floor laughing

Tzeentch
Yes, if I live long enough I will eventually become old and I'll turn into a ****ing retard who desperately holds back the progress of society in order to make myself feel better. You're right, but that doesn't make my initial statement untrue.

Flyattractor
How does Daylight Savings Time help progress the benefit of Humanity?

And You area already starting to sound like a grouchy old fart ....WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!!

Cause der MILLANNIAILLS will Be the Generation of Change!?

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Tzeentch
t.boomer

Flyattractor
Go change your pants then.

Tzeentch
I'm not wearing pants

Flyattractor
Hope the floor is linoleum or tile then...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.