How do they know??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hatemachine
Not sure if anyone has brought this up, but I am just wondering.....
In the first Matrix, when Neo and Morpheus go into the loading program, the one where Morpheus tells Neo about the machines and all; Morpheus tells Neo that what he is seeing when he looks at himself is his minds digital image of himself. How did he get it right? I am pretty sure there weren't any mirrors in the pod before he woke up....... just one more thing about the movies that I don't understand.

Ushgarak
He means he looks like his mind's image of what he thinks he SHOULD look like- i.e. how he has been looking all his life in the fake world.

Kes
yeh but how would he know what to look like in the fake world in the first place?Good one Hatemachine.

Ushgarak
Presumably because, because everyone needs to be disitnguished inside the Matrix for it to work, everyone in there is programmed to like like how they would look.

Kes
ok. Then all humans are programmed.

Ushgarak
No, but everything you see in the Matrix is. It is just code, isn't it? How that code looks is up to the machines.

Kes
ok. got it.smile

hatemachine
That still doesnt answer it. How would you really know, would they just stop by and look at you in the pod everyday and be like... " I think he looks a little older now, better update the code so that he realizes it too."

Ushgarak
Humans are grown, looks are a result of genetics; machines have the map.

Kes
lol big grin

hatemachine

Kes
To many things could happen to change that. Dont believe they could predict how they look.

Ushgarak
The only non-genetic things that change how they look are a result of environment- which would simply be naturally reflected in the programme.

The humans get the mental part by seeing how they look in the Matrix, as coded. Easy. It is simply the look they associate with themselves, there is nothing magic in the brain about it.

hatemachine
Then why do they look the same in the REAL world?

Ushgarak
Because as I said earlier the machines code them to look as they look rather than go to the bother of having to make up what everyone looks like.

hatemachine
Another question along similiar lines.......
when Neo jumps across the blgd in the first Matrix and falls flat on his face, he bleeds in the real world. what the hell did he do bite himself. because he didnt get and bullet holes when the Agents shot him in the end.???

Kes
I'm assuming the body reacts like it has happen. For exemple theres this condition, dont know the name, but women believe so much their pregnant that the body reacts like it is and for exemple produces milk! So he believed he had fallen on his face so a gash(sp) open or he bit is tongue! lol

systematicevil
I assume by "result of environment" you mean scars or tans. But really, do you think that the machines would be able to decipher you genetic code to the point of telling you where you are going to have freckles or not and how many(25 freckles on left shoulder, 4 on the right)?

Ushgarak
Yeah, it's all there.

Twin1.2
I think that the pink fluid that everyone is sleeping in acts like a mould around there bodies, and the machines just make them look like the mould of there bodies tells them too

The Omega

Tomkat
I have to agree with Omega here.
Surely if the AI is advanced enough to create the Matrix, then they have the technology to read our DNA (genetic code) and then duplicate that code in the Matrix so we look the same there as we would in the real world.

hatemachine
are you saying that smith is neo's father? LMAO......

Kes
What?How did we get to this? confused

hatemachine
sorry. I have no idea where that came from......?
must be smoking crack.?!!

Kes
lolsmile

Darth Vicious
While i agree with Ushgarak to some extend i dont think its that they programmed everybody in my opinion all they did was something like what they use now days to find criminals, sometimes seen in Americas Most Wanted all they need was to take a picture of any person then advance it so theyll know what they are gonna look like and then program it since now they know what they look like

Kes
Well thats not very acurate (sp)! He as to grow old exactly like is growing old in the pod or pot?! What ever the name is! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
The information could be being fed into the programme all the time from his pod. There are loads of ways the machines could do it, really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.