Taking Over The Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
These telepaths try and take over the Hulk, who succeeds ?

The goal is to make him choke himself.

1. Emma Frost

2. Mr. Sinister

3. Nate Grey

4. Prof X

5. Cassandra Nova

The Hulk is world War Hulk.

Flyattractor
Hulk's anger will make them all choke themselves out. Onslaught couldn't even handle Savage Hulk.

Anger is Stronger then All Telepathy.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That Hulk was basically immune to telepathy apparently. Maybe Nate and Cassandra have a shot but I doubt it. Too much rage whatever that means.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That Hulk was basically immune to telepathy apparently. Maybe Nate and Cassandra have a shot but I doubt it. Too much rage whatever that means.

What

carver9
Hes referring to the scene where someone TP attacked Immortal Hulk and failed. Not on these guys level but it's there.

Damborgson
He's probably talking about the X-Men fight i think.

One Big Mob
He's talking about nothing because no one on Nova's level has failed against Huc.

DarkSaint85

Xavier tried to read his mind, but in that same story Emma was able to block Xavier (along with the Cuckoo's, iirc).

Some random Shield agents were able to get in.

He wasn't immuner per se.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
Hes referring to the scene where someone TP attacked Immortal Hulk and failed. Not on these guys level but it's there.

Immortal Hulk is not in this thread.

StiltmanFTW
Maybe Nate and Cassandra have a shot but I doubt it.

thumb up

Nova, maybe.

Nate would need to be at his very best to even try. Definitely can't do shit at his "look, I can control Savage Land dinosaurs to try to fight Doctor Pym" levels.

Sinister is often overlooked... but WWH is just too much for him.

gauntlet o doom
How long will it take for Hulk to choke himself out? Chances are he gets angry enough to override the telepathy.

carver9
Aaaahhhh, WWH. None of them can. I remember when they had a gang of telepaths trying to get in but they couldn't do anything to Hulk. And then we have that Doctor Strange scene where he couldnt enter Hulk mind until he was distracted. Xavier trying to dig in which caused a backlash of psychic energy that dropped the entire Xmen crew. Attacking his mind did nothing but piss him off.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by One Big Mob
What

Fair, she's pretty OP. I'm pulling a Carver, but I think it's the sheer rage he's working with is too much and not really depended on telepathic power or skill as Xavier and Strange showed.

https://i.postimg.cc/mzGXQCXG/RCO005-1466106891.jpg

This is of course my hypothesis. She may very well make him dance like a monkey....I just doubt it based on the Green Scar power levels.

It doesn't help that Hulk has the ability to harm astral projections like they're physical. He crushed Strange's hands in his mind which shattered his hands in real life for example. That presents a really unique problem for telepaths.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Xavier tried to read his mind, but in that same story Emma was able to block Xavier (along with the Cuckoo's, iirc).

Some random Shield agents were able to get in.

He wasn't immuner per se.

I'm not sure what you mean. He specifically references control, but as a result, there was a feedback loop:
https://i.imgur.com/HjKmdLc.png

He isn't immune that you can't enter his mind. That's fine. It's just a dangerous proposition, that leaves you vulnerable, and doesn't accomplish anything, except making him angrier.

Emma was able to block Charles from making the X-men back off, but I'm not sure why that's relevant. It's not as if he forcefully tried to overpower her telepathy and failed. She blocked his passive suggestions (Emma is a Top Tier telepath in skill anyways).

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Rage knows his stuff about rage.

Seriously, Nova is the only one who can stop him.

One Big Mob
Fair, she's pretty OP. I'm pulling a Carver, but I think it's the sheer rage he's working with is too much and not really depended on telepathic power or skill as Xavier and Strange showed.

https://i.postimg.cc/mzGXQCXG/RCO005-1466106891.jpg

This is of course my hypothesis. She may very well make him dance like a monkey....I just doubt it based on the Green Scar power levels.

It doesn't help that Hulk has the ability to harm astral projections like they're physical. He crushed Strange's hands in his mind which shattered his hands in real life for example. That presents a really unique problem for telepaths. Is this... news? Carver is only the 9th iteration of Carver afterall. It'd made sense that the other 8 are out there, hiding in plain site. Changing their names to represent enemies of Hulk. But they still have to be close, for they can never deny where they came from - a Halloween one night stand with a black dude in green paint. Very potent almost gamma like sperm.

Nova made a joke out of a severely amped Xavier. You're using feats where Xavier kind of hurt Hulk to show that someone vastly more powerful than Xavier will be overcome by Rage of Hulklympus.

To put this in terms you'll understand:
That's be like using Thor's current showing against Namor as proof that Old King Thor with the Odin Force is also no match for Namor. Which yeah, that doesn't sound too bad actually. Let's do that.

And for a somewhat comparable feat, Gladiator was wearing psi armor that was supposed to be immune to Jean level telepathy and even stopped her to a point where he could feel her trying. Nova tore through that and made Gladiator pee his pants.

Hulk being able to hurt astral projections doesn't mean they're going to try and hold his hands and let Hulk surprise them with a crush. And Nova is barely a physical body anyway.

StiltmanFTW
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Insane Titan
All of them can take over Hulk

quanchi112
None. Hulk wins again.

The Sorrow
Lol, no one is CONTROLLING WWH they could cause pain but they will also be crippled pretty soon after.

leonidas
i don't really see anyone taking over the current iteration tbh. i've always found cassie to be overrated, though she is very powerful. i'd be surprised if anyone was shown as capable of taking him over, or if they did it wouldn't last long.... /shrug

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
i don't really see anyone taking over the current iteration tbh.

It's not current.

You're so old, you can't read OPs anymore.

leonidas
nutkick

actually read the first line and the characters involved.... but my point stands. i still don't see any of these guys being successful--or if they are he'd shake it off well before they could do any damage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.