Count Dooku vs Darth Vader (VOTE)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xPRIMEx
ROTS Dooku vs. ROTJ Vader

Prime version of both characters. Who wins?

CactusJoe
Hard to say... Vader is physically stronger and has greater destructive feats. On the other hand, Dooku is more experienced and has better combat feats.

Someone convince me either way.

DarthCaedus77
Originally posted by CactusJoe
Hard to say... Vader is physically stronger and has greater destructive feats. On the other hand, Dooku is more experienced and has better combat feats.

Someone convince me either way.

As per 7 different sources, Vader is more powerful than his pre suit self who already stomped Dooku.

xolthol
Originally posted by xPRIMEx
ROTS Dooku vs. ROTJ Vader

Prime version of both characters. Who wins?

Vader win this isn't questionnable...
the proof here Even though i didn't agree with all that Az said this stay a pretty strong argumentation.

Rebel95
Originally posted by xolthol
Vader win this isn't questionnable...
the proof here Even though i didn't agree with all that Az said this stay a pretty strong argumentation.
Nice, can't deny Vader's superiority after reading that thumb up

Darth Thor
Vader has Force advantage. Sabers could go either way, but im inclined to lean Vader even in Sabers given Dooku wont be a fan of Vaders immense physical strength.

deathslash
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Vader has Force advantage. Sabers could go either way, but im inclined to lean Vader even in Sabers given Dooku wont be a fan of Vaders immense physical strength. thumb up

Let's also keep in mind that Vader has superior armor and way better durability feats. The best thing that Dooku can throw at him is lightning. I personally don't believe that Dooku is powerful enough to get past Vader's lightsaber, armor, tk shields, and immense tolerance for pain. GG but Vader takes this pretty much every time.

quanchi112
Dooku wins.

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by quanchi112
Dooku loses.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Based on?

TheIndyJedi
Based on?

More powerful TK user, and has a form advantage against him.
Also since you are a huge fan of The Last Jedi, then you will know that even Snoke thought highly of Vader.

AncientPower
George Lucas literally confirmed that pre-suit Vader was as powerful as Darth Sidious. After Mustafar, he was on the tier of Dooku and Maul, characters Sheev has essentially one-shotted. Lucas states his ability to use the Force is literally 'curbed' at that point due to losing his limbs. There is no debate, at all.

Anakin's curbstomp of Dooku was a Yoda tier feat, and Knightfall Vader was even more powerful than base Anakin with 'permission' to use his full power. Vader's best feats are woeful in comparison.

RealistRacism
Dooku crumples Vader into a ball and then ragdolls the Emperor thumb up

Lol at Vader having any force advantage, and he gets annihilated in sabers.

DarthCaedus77
@Ap So Lucas's quote which refers to potential is being taken above the 7 which state that Vader was better in shear power.

Originally posted by RealistRacism
Dooku crumples Vader into a ball and then ragdolls the Emperor thumb up

Lol at Vader having any force advantage, and he gets annihilated in sabers.

I really hope you're joking but sadly I don't think you are...

RealistRacism
DiddlerFan77 is almost as smart as Freedumb Nadd.

AncientPower
It's not referring to potential, ffs. How are you this dense?

DarthCaedus77
DiddlerFan77 is almost as smart as Freedumb Nadd.

Dooku is a Sidious level threat, so much so that he got stomped by Sidious's equal while he was holding back. Your claims are hilarious. And your insults petty and meaningless as the void.

RealistRacism
Originally posted by DarthCaedus77
Dooku is a Sidious level threat, so much so that he got stomped by Sidious's equal while he was holding back. Your claims are hilarious. And your insults petty and meaningless as the void.
Your own 'Master' agrees with me thumb up

quanchi112
More powerful TK user, and has a form advantage against him.
Also since you are a huge fan of The Last Jedi, then you will know that even Snoke thought highly of Vader. What powerful force user save Snoke has ever won due to this alone? If yoda was not able to best him with his power what leads you to believe Vader wins?

He used Vader to manipulate Ren. Vader can be thought of highly but still fall before Dooku. Dookus showings are supeioror to a suited Vader in the films.

DarthCaedus77
Your own 'Master' agrees with me thumb up

1.Pretty sure Az doesn't think Dooku is Sidious tier.

2.Az is not my master per say, merely our leader and commander.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by AncientPower
George Lucas literally confirmed that pre-suit Vader was as powerful as Darth Sidious. After Mustafar, he was on the tier of Dooku and Maul, characters Sheev has essentially one-shotted. Lucas states his ability to use the Force is literally 'curbed' at that point due to losing his limbs. There is no debate, at all.

Anakin's curbstomp of Dooku was a Yoda tier feat, and Knightfall Vader was even more powerful than base Anakin with 'permission' to use his full power. Vader's best feats are woeful in comparison.

What does any of this have to do with OT Vader vs Dooku?

What powerful force user save Snoke has ever won due to this alone?

Sidious did to Dooku.

RealistRacism
In TCW... whilst Dooku wasn't expecting it... Considering canon's force barriers have a funny way of working, it isn't impressive thumb up

AncientPower
Claiming ESB Vader > Knightfall Vader > Anakin >> Dooku.

RealistRacism
ESB Vader > Knightfall Vader > Anakin >> Dooku > Old Ben >>> ESB Vader. Very clear, irrefutable scaling.

DarthCaedus77
Claiming ESB Vader > Knightfall Vader > Anakin >> Dooku.

Which is backed up and actually makes logical sense if you think about it.

AncientPower
No, it isn't. Your blind denial is the only illogical thing here.

quanchi112
What does any of this have to do with OT Vader vs Dooku?

Sidious did to Dooku. Dooku never actively resisted he was submissive. If I punch someone in the face and they do not fight back that is not proof of me winning a fight in which they engage me.

NewGuy01
per say

It's per se.

Which makes logical sense if you think about it.

Well, then go ahead and post what you're "thinking about it," and we'll see how logical it is.

DarthCaedus77
Originally posted by NewGuy01
It's per se.

Well, then go ahead and post what you're "thinking about it," and we'll see how logical it is.

Wow, one gramatical mistake. Really noteworthy and worth mentioning.

DarthCaedus77
And 7 different quotes list Vader as more powerful than he was pre suit, do I really have to

Darth Thor
In TCW... whilst Dooku wasn't expecting it... Considering canon's force barriers have a funny way of working, it isn't impressive thumb up

And yet you complain about Vader not ragdolling Ahsoka all over the place.

Surely you can see Your own excuses and double standards by this point.

Darth Thor
Dooku never actively resisted he was submissive.

Nice excuse. But thats all it is. An excuse.

Resisting a choke is 100%natural.

Let me choke you and you try your best not to resist. See how that works out for you.

You are just butthurt because Sidious did that to an actual Sith Lord, whilst best Snoke could do that to was a Padawan.

RealistRacism
And yet you complain about Vader not ragdolling Ahsoka all over the place.

Surely you can see Your own excuses and double standards by this point.

Because my statements about Vader were completely serious, and not deliberate lowballing thumb up

You on the hand, are using this showing to have a dig at Dooku when you're well aware of the context. Such a slimy tactic.

Darth Thor
Because my statements about Vader were completely serious, and not deliberate lowballing thumb up

You on the hand, are using this showing to have a dig at Dooku when you're well aware of the context. Such a slimy tactic.

Well about time you came out thumb up

Im having a dig at Dooku? Really? I have to question the level of Dooku fandom it would take for you to come to that conclusion.

Would me saying Sidious ragdolled Maul and Opress together be a dig at Maul as well?

And If you read the context I was actually comparing how ridiculously more impressive Palpatine is than Snoke.

RealistRacism
But still below Malak thumb up

NewGuy01
Wow, one gramatical mistake. Really noteworthy and worth mentioning.

It's grammatical. no

Also, the word you're looking for is spelling.

You don't have to do anything. erm

But if you intend to meaningfully participate in a discussion, then yes, you're going to be expected to think and to relay your thoughts. Particularly after ending a post with, "X makes logical sense when you think about it."

RealistRacism
NewGuy DESTROYS low IQ individual with no grasp on the English language in an unimportant conversation cool

NewGuy01
(*insert high-profile user here*) DESTROYS low IQ individual with no grasp on the English language in an unimportant conversation cool

KMC in a nutshell.

TheIndyJedi
What powerful force user save Snoke has ever won due to this alone? If yoda was not able to best him with his power what leads you to believe Vader wins?

He used Vader to manipulate Ren. Vader can be thought of highly but still fall before Dooku. Dookus showings are supeioror to a suited Vader in the films.

Per AOTC script, Dooku was losing to Yoda, that's the whole reason why he retreated

quanchi112
Nice excuse. But thats all it is. An excuse.

Resisting a choke is 100%natural.

Let me choke you and you try your best not to resist. See how that works out for you.

You are just butthurt because Sidious did that to an actual Sith Lord, whilst best Snoke could do that to was a Padawan. No, it is what happened. Dooku is the apprentice and never engaged him back. Sidious using force powers on his subservient is not impressive at all whereas Snoke completely overpowered Rey who the infamous Luke Skywalker feared and lost his balance when she came after him.

Her power levels rose and were equal to Ren as explained. Snoke treated an active opponent like she was someone with no power against him. Sidious not even close despite your bias towards him.

Darth Thor
^ Yeah keep making excuses. Sidious also ragdolled Maul and Opress together.

Heck Yoda completely froze Ventress, let her go took her Sabers off her then gave them back Lmao.

You are being idiotic as usual.

xPRIMEx
I just want to point out that Vader's fight with Ahsoka was years before his prime, and before multiple large boosts in power according to several quotes.

RealistRacism

Rebel95

Rebel95
Oh Vader wins btw

xPRIMEx

quanchi112

quanchi112
Per AOTC script, Dooku was losing to Yoda, that's the whole reason why he retreated Yes, he was. I agree but yoda was not able to effortlessly beat him despite the stakes. Dooku fled.

Darth Thor
Popularity does not carry more weight than facts.

That might mean something if you actually brought any facts and evidences to the table instead of just blurting out random words.

quanchi112
^ Yeah keep making excuses. Sidious also ragdolled Maul and Opress together.

Heck Yoda completely froze Ventress, let her go took her Sabers off her then gave them back Lmao.

You are being idiotic as usual. I am explaining the context and my reasoning. You just say excuses because you cannot refute it. This is why you are a poor debater.

Maul and Opress were not engaged and quickly made it a duel. So yes he caught them off guard but was not able to effortlessly defeat either. He had to work for it.

Yes, yoda overpowered someone far less powerful than Rey or Ren who terrified Luke Skywalker.

Yoda failed to effortlessly overpower Dooku and failed in killing him. Against anyone impressive in power he is no Snoke.

Snoke

Luke Skywalker

everyone else.

quanchi112
That might mean something if you actually brought any facts and evidences to the table instead of just blurting out random words. You failed to address my post and said excuses. That does not refute my reasoning based off the facts. You are a poor debater. I refute anything you throw my way you do not.

Darth Thor
You failed to address my post and said excuses. That does not refute my reasoning based off the facts. You are a poor debater. I refute anything you throw my way you do not.

Urm I addressed it with examples from canon.

You just blurt out random claims like Padawan Rey > TCW Ventress. And oh the best one - Luke scared of Rey. Lmao

Bentley
Why are you bringing that Snoke cuck into this thread?

Hey, does Snoke
rhyme with cuck?

Darth Thor

Yes, yoda overpowered someone far less powerful than Rey or Ren who terrified Luke Skywalker.

So you have conceded Snoke isnt the only one to have done it. And as usual that was just more random words being blurted out by you.

Its too easy. You may as well just concede that I am your better in every way.. Just like Sidious is Snokes better in every possible way, no question about it.

quanchi112
Urm I addressed it with examples from canon.

You just blurt out random claims like Padawan Rey > TCW Ventress. And oh the best one - Luke scared of Rey. Lmao Rey knocked Luke on his ass. Her power scared him. Film facts.

Do you believe Ventress is more powerful than Rey? Do you not agree with me?

In terms of Star Wars history Rey, Ren, Luke are heavyweights in terms of force power. Hugely significant so what does that say about Snokes power.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Why are you bringing that Snoke cuck into this thread?

Hey, does Snoke
rhyme with cuck? You do not know what cuckolding means. Obv. Dooku is a cuck since it was his choice to allow Sidious to have Anakin kill him. In the future do not use words you do not know the meaning of. Yw.

quanchi112
So you have conceded Snoke isnt the only one to have done it. And as usual that was just more random words being blurted out by you.

Its too easy. You may as well just concede that I am your better in every way.. Just like Sidious is Snokes better in every possible way, no question about it. He is the only one to have done it with someone of Reys power level. What is impressive is not doing it to someone. What makes it impressive is doing it of someone of Reys power as shown in two films. She is a biiiigggggg deal.

Your opinion is not a fact but you always thought so. Not hard to expose you. Regardless of your bias which you just admitted Snoke is extremely powerful. I believe as does Serkis he is more powerful than Sidious.

smile

Bentley
Dooku is a cuck since it was his choice to allow Sidious to have Anakin kill him

How do you figure it was his choice? Do you understand what cuck means? confused

DarthCaedus77
NewGuy DESTROYS low IQ individual with no grasp on the English language in an unimportant conversation cool

Not only is the irony in this statement utterly hilarioius but the very idea of it is amusing, at least I'm not deluded enough to think Dooku is a Yoda/Sidious level threat despite Yoda treating him like dirt while holding back.

TenebrousWay
Vader is a protegee of the estabilishment, as exemplified by the biased Galan locking my genuine thread.

Nice to see the damage control now that Vader is Ventress level.

DarthCaedus77
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Vader is a protegee of the estabilishment, as exemplified by the biased Galan locking my genuine thread.

Nice to see the damage control now that Vader is Ventress level.

Vader shits on Ventress.

deathslash
Vader shits on Ventress. stop feeding the troll and he'll burn himself out.

DarthCaedus77
Originally posted by deathslash
stop feeding the troll and he'll burn himself out.

Ok.

DarthCaedus77
Originally posted by NewGuy01
It's grammatical. no

Also, the word you're looking for is spelling.

You don't have to do anything. erm

But if you intend to meaningfully participate in a discussion, then yes, you're going to be expected to think and to relay your thoughts. Particularly after ending a post with, "X makes logical sense when you think about it."

Fine as you so wish. Is it ok if I get to this later?

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by deathslash
stop feeding the troll and he'll burn himself out.

The only one burning himself here is Vader, dude. The precedent has already been set. laughing

Galan007
Originally posted by TenebrousWay

Nice to see the damage control now that Vader is Ventress level. https://i.imgur.com/pg27gfz.gif

Darth Thor
She is a biiiigggggg deal.

Lmao

Top tier argument right here.

DarthCaedus77
Originally posted by Galan007
https://i.imgur.com/pg27gfz.gif

Galan did you see a user calling you retarded?

DarthCaedus77
Bit of a jerk, but he did it.

DarthCaedus77
In another thread.

victreebelvictr
Galan did you see a user calling you retarded? Which thread?

Link please.

DarthCaedus77
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Which thread?

Link please.

I'll post the link in a sec.

Galan007
Galan did you see a user calling you retarded? RR didn't call me anything specifically... Looked to me like he was referring to the CV mods anyway, tbh.

The mods here are a helluva lot more lax than what you'll find pretty much anywhere else.

DarthCaedus77
RR didn't call me anything specifically... Looked to me like he was referring to the CV mods anyway, tbh.

The mods here are a helluva lot more lax than what you'll find pretty much anywhere else.

Seemed to me like he was referring to the mods in general on KMC and CV.

victreebelvictr
Galan, if someone were to outright call you a retard, would you ban them?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Galan, if someone were to outright call you a retard, would you ban them?

No, he has their details. He would find them and .....

Galan007
The 'mod' answer is that calling someone retarded = bashing = not tolerated. They'd be be told to stop and if the problem continued they might be banned, etc.

In truth I don't give two shits if someone calls me the r-word.

victreebelvictr
No, he has their details. He would find them and ..... I believe that...

The 'mod' answer is that calling someone retarded = bashing = not tolerated. They'd be be told to stop and if the problem continued they might be banned, etc.

In truth I don't give two shits if someone calls me the r-word. Its a trap...

TheIndyJedi
Yes, he was. I agree but yoda was not able to effortlessly beat him despite the stakes. Dooku fled.
He was likely holding back, as Dooku was a great Jedi once and his fall to the darkside was a huge loss for the jedi order. Bloodlusted Yoda could stomp Vader and Dooku at the same time.

victreebelvictr
He was likely holding back, as Dooku was a great Jedi once and his fall to the darkside was a huge loss for the jedi order. Bloodlusted Yoda could stomp Vader and Dooku at the same time. That is true, maybe even add Maul.

quanchi112
How do you figure it was his choice? Do you understand what cuck means? confused

One on end is the masochistic cuckold who enjoys humiliations, degradation, and other demeaning activities at the hands of his wife and her lover.

Dooku enjoyed it especially when Sidious said, doooo it.

quanchi112
Lmao

Top tier argument right here. That was not my entire argument but you deleting the rest and failing to address is speaks volumes.

quanchi112
He was likely holding back, as Dooku was a great Jedi once and his fall to the darkside was a huge loss for the jedi order. Bloodlusted Yoda could stomp Vader and Dooku at the same time.

Considering the stakes and the dialogue in the film prior to tracking Dooku along with two Jedi on the line that is absurd.

DarthCaedus77
Considering the stakes and the dialogue in the film prior to tracking Dooku along with two Jedi on the line that is absurd.

Yoda has a special bond with Dooku as per multiple sources and didn't want to hurt him. Even in the film which you take as the only canon it appears that way.

quanchi112
Yoda has a special bond with Dooku as per multiple sources and didn't want to hurt him. Even in the film which you take as the only canon it appears that way. So by him trying to defeat him with a lightsaber that says he was holding back. Nothing leads to that conclusion save your own personal bias.

DarthCaedus77
So by him trying to defeat him with a lightsaber that says he was holding back. Nothing leads to that conclusion save your own personal bias.

And multiple other sources but hey, whatever fits your bias. Yoda stomped him regardless.

CactusJoe
And multiple other sources but hey, whatever fits your bias. Yoda stomped him regardless.
https://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/7ymFBMzl.png

Darth Thor
Yoda has a special bond with Dooku as per multiple sources

Clearly stated in the last few episodes of TCW thumb up

Plus Yoda never even attacked Dooku with TK. So yeah, ignore Quans idiocy.

quanchi112
And multiple other sources but hey, whatever fits your bias. Yoda stomped him regardless. Provide the sources. Yoda did not defeat him and he escaped. Yoda failed.

Darth Thor
Provide the sources. Yoda did not defeat him and he escaped. Yoda failed.

The final arc of TCW S6 makes it clear what a strong bond Yoda has with Dooku and how hard it was for Yoda to learn he turned to the dark side.

quanchi112
The final arc of TCW S6 makes it clear what a strong bond Yoda has with Dooku and how hard it was for Yoda to learn he turned to the dark side. So? That does not mean he was not activity trying to defeat him. We know how hard it was for Kenobi but he rekt Vader. Acting like he held back with fellow Jedi on the line is just cringeworthy.

Bentley
One on end is the masochistic cuckold who enjoys humiliations, degradation, and other demeaning activities at the hands of his wife and her lover.

Dooku enjoyed it especially when Sidious said, doooo it.

Your Dooku fantasies have no bearing in our discussion.

If you start calling me on using words wrong try to do so yourself before getting all high and mighty erm

quanchi112
Your Dooku fantasies have no bearing in our discussion.

If you start calling me on using words wrong try to do so yourself before getting all high and mighty erm Cucking is a choice because they allow their woman to freely cheat on them. He realized Sidious cheated so to speak and just allowed it. He did not even try to fight for his own life. Appalling.

Bentley
Cucking is a choice because they allow their woman to freely cheat on them. He realized Sidious cheated so to speak and just allowed it. He did not even try to fight for his own life. Appalling.

He got both his hands chopped off and Sheev then revealed his betrayal, essentially leaving him unarmed and broken facing the two strongest force users in the galaxy. You compare this to getting a man into your wife's bed and pretend there is some degree to accuracy to it.

By your absurd amount of reaching you could apply the term to Snoke as much thumb up

Freedon Nadd

Vader should be the winner. Vader has an advantage over Dooku. Superior physical strength(assuming EU Vader).

But question is: does op mean ROTS/ROTJ novels/EU or movies/Disney canon?

DarthCaedus77

Freedon Nadd

RealistRacism
Wait, how many quotes state Vader is more powerful than Anakin? I've suddenly forgotten and need someone to tell me ten more times. But don't actually post the quotes, just tell me about them in every thread okay?

Freedon Nadd
Do you need quotes saying that he grew in power after he got his suit?

Freedon Nadd
However I think Sidious refers to Vader's alignment? Meaning he was more and more shifting to Darkness(after all Palpatine thinks the Dark Side>Light Side). And if the concept that Vader<Anakin is wrong, then Anakin/Vader is pretty much a banal Sith Lord. It wouldn't make sense he asked for Luke's help to overthrow Palpatine when he could do it himself.

RealistRacism
I was kidding Nadd. I've seen the quotes vomited out on CV plenty of times, and Ant has methodically destroyed them all.

Freedon Nadd
Not only those quotes are misunderstood. But Lucas' too.

quanchi112

quanchi112
Wait, how many quotes state Vader is more powerful than Anakin? I've suddenly forgotten and need someone to tell me ten more times. But don't actually post the quotes, just tell me about them in every thread okay? laughing out loud

xPRIMEx

Valpoorion
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the second quote is from Lords of the Sith, a canon novel.
As for the third quote, not only is it Ben's view, it says Vader's power "matured", which doesn't immediately translate to "oh, he clearly grew more powerful".
The first quote is the only one from the three I could consider legit, but then again, it's referring to Mustafar Vader. It boils down to whether you believe Mustafar Vader was or wasn't hindered, which opens a whole new can of worms.
I would really appreciate it if someone could actually post all the quotes that state or at least suggest Vader > Anakin. Apart from these ones, I am only familiar with two that likely don't even refer to KF Vader.

Darth Thor
Yup and the second one (the canon one), is from Vaders point of view and speaking of his connection to the Force, which doesnt necessarily mean hes better in a Lightsaber fight given his injuries. And thats even if Vader is to be believed. He may just be fooling himself.

Freedon Nadd
xPRIMEx

Palpatine and other Sith Lords hold the idea that the Dark Side>Light Side. What Kenobi(and the book) said was just alluding to the fact of Anakin shifting more and more to the Dark Side of The Force.

Kenobi's statement was that both of them became legit Force masters.

DarthCaedus77
Originally posted by Valpoorion
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the second quote is from Lords of the Sith, a canon novel.
As for the third quote, not only is it Ben's view, it says Vader's power "matured", which doesn't immediately translate to "oh, he clearly grew more powerful".
The first quote is the only one from the three I could consider legit, but then again, it's referring to Mustafar Vader. It boils down to whether you believe Mustafar Vader was or wasn't hindered, which opens a whole new can of worms.
I would really appreciate it if someone could actually post all the quotes that state or at least suggest Vader > Anakin. Apart from these ones, I am only familiar with two that likely don't even refer to KF Vader.

https://www.writeurl.com/text/smpbu47ka72uac15kyfd/jhwec69hhfkawwrfbvbp

Darth Thor
^ Seems to be comparing directly to Mustafa Anakin, who is specifically noted there to have a weakness OT Vader does not have.

DarthCaedus77
^ Seems to be comparing directly to Mustafa Anakin, who is specifically noted there to have a weakness OT Vader does not have.

More than half the quotes do not refer to exclusively to Mustafar Vader, but him as a whole not to mention the fact that Mustafar Vader wasn't weakened.

Darth Thor
More than half the quotes do not refer to exclusively to Mustafar Vader, but him as a whole not to mention the fact that Mustafar Vader wasn't weakened.

The very quote you posted implies Mustafa Anakin was suffering from a weakness Kenobi was able to exploit.

DarthCaedus77
The very quote you posted implies Mustafa Anakin was suffering from a weakness Kenobi was able to exploit.

It really doesn't.

DarthCaedus77
By weaknesses it's referring to overconfidence on Anakin's part which was a weakness.

TheNuisanceBird
Dooku never actively resisted he was submissive. If I punch someone in the face and they do not fight back that is not proof of me winning a fight in which they engage me.

If you can even throw a punch lol

gold slorg
quan would destroy most of the forums 1 on 1 tbh

Bentley

Darth Thor

xPRIMEx
Can someone post the quote(s) that support Anakin>Vader?

quanchi112
So blurting out that Sheev is a Sith would work how exactly?

Anakin had no reason to believe his enemy right there and it'd have seen like a cowardly and desperate tactic. Dooku was unaware of how close Anakin was getting to the dark side and could've reasonably expected him to take him alive. Basically you want Dooku to become a coward that betrays his convictions on destroying the jedi order in a lame moment of desperation. Ultimately even in Death Dooku's goal ended up being fulfilled.

Snoke in the other hand thought he was so hot he wouldn't be betrayed. He never figured out he was outplayed which makes him seem naive. Alert Anakin who the mysterious Sith Lord they had been searching for. Even later in the film he turned him in.

The point was not whether he would believe him the point is to defend his life. He allowed his death to happen with no will to object.

Dooku did not want to die. He was betrayed and did not even offer any resistance with any of the intel he had. Would not be hard to convince Anakin through his knowledge to question Sidious. But he cucked which is a choice to allow someone to cheat. You not grasping cuckolding is a choice kind of says a lot about your cognitive acumen tbh.

Snoke was overconfident which I have always said but he never chose to allow it. Dooku did not object and was blatantly betrayed and just took it. Cucked to the bitter end.

Darth Thor
Can someone post the quote(s) that support Anakin>Vader?

Heres one in the ESB audio commentary from Lucas:

"He's lost a lot of power and a lot of potential to become more powerful than the Emperor"

Notice how he says Power AND Potential. So hes not just referring to potential. And this is as of Empire Strikes Back. Lucas still feels hes lost power that hasnt been regained by this point even.

DarthCaedus77

Jaggarath
"He's lost a lot of power and a lot of potential to become more powerful than the Emperor"

ohshit.jpg

That actually ends the debate, not that there should have ever been one, lmao. Anakin > Vader.

Can you direct me to where exactly in the ESB commentary he says this, and which one?

DarthCaedus77
Heres one in the ESB audio commentary from Lucas:

Notice how he says Power AND Potential. So hes not just referring to potential. And this is as of Empire Strikes Back. Lucas still feels hes lost power that hasnt been regained by this point even.

He lost the power and potential to become more powerful than peak Sidious, something he had, nothing indicates he's less powerful than pre suit Vader or Sidious, only that he lost his potential to becme more powerful than peak Sidious.

Jaggarath

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Jaggarath
ohshit.jpg

That actually ends the debate, not that there should have ever been one, lmao. Anakin > Vader.

Can you direct me to where exactly in the ESB commentary he says this, and which one?

During the Luke/Vader fight.

DarthCaedus77

DarthCaedus77
I concede but only in regards to ESB, you're right there. H

However ROTJ Vader is still fair game, especially given there is a quote that says he had never felt stronger.

Jaggarath
Which is obviously highly subjective to bias, not to mention you're effectively arguing Vader's powers remained relatively consistent across his tenure of Dark Lord then suddenly skyrocketed the final six-to-eight months from "a lot" less powerful than Anakin to more powerful.

TenebrousWay
Yeah, the version that lost to a barely trained version of his perfect self is certainly more powerful than his fully trained perfect self...

DarthCaedus77
Originally posted by Jaggarath
Which is obviously highly subjective to bias, not to mention you're effectively arguing Vader's powers remained relatively consistent across his tenure of Dark Lord then suddenly skyrocketed the final six-to-eight months from "a lot" less powerful than Anakin to more powerful.

How is the quote subjective to bias? Vader's powerrs were ever growing as per numerous sources so no, it wasn't consistent. Not to mention the fact that you seem to be forgetting that Vader was "engorged with his power" which implies a huger amount of growth.

Jaggarath

Jaggarath

DarthCaedus77

Jaggarath

DarthCaedus77

Jaggarath
1.Vader's inner self conflict wasn't something that just happened it was gradual over the course of ROTJ.

2.Vader's growth was literally explained in the quote we're discussing LMFAO.

3.I have officially reached LeGend level in my ability to phrase things LMFAO, cuase that did not come out the way it intended.

1.) Sure, but it's not until Luke's defiance against the Emperor does Vader realize that the dark side isn't infinitely more powerful than the light like Palpatine convinces his apprentices. Vader actively believes in both a.) the dark side's supremacy b.) that Anakin Skywalker was weak because of his emotional turmoil - after all, he lost to Obi-Wan. Both of these factors create a bias against Anakin.

That's not to mention the ROTJ novel implies that Vader actually suppressed a lot of his memories as Anakin, that Vader might not be considering Anakin as the same person as him (since he regards them as distinctively separate), and that it's rather ridiculous to assert that ROTJ Luke in one year progressed beyond his more prodigious father or Yoda.

2.) Just checked. Vader only feels engorged when his powers resonate with the Emperor's, thereby amping him, lmao.

Azronger
Just so everyone is clear on the matter, I never agreed with Ant that Anakin > ESB Vader. More and more he's turning into AP.

HP Legend
Good. I can't wait to here your response to this. Should be interesting.

RealistRacism
Yeah he's not responding.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.