Exar Kun vs. Master Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientPower
So I thought of doing a final thread on this, to wrap up the debate as it were. One quote I've had for a long time now is this one:

All-out.

So who wins?

- Exar Kun as of the devastation of Yavin IV.
- Master Luke as of the retrieval of the Suncrusher.

Arena: Senate Promenade on Coruscant

The Ellimist
A serious Luke stomps

victreebelvictr

AncientPower
Originally posted by The Ellimist
A serious Luke stomps

He was very serious against Kyp, and yet Kyp by himself was holding his own prior to Kun's intervention. Noting of course that this is immediately after Kyp and Kun drew the Suncrusher out of Yavin and down to the temple.

So how exactly does Luke stomp?

NewGuy01
That's because unrestrained Kyp is a monster.

AncientPower
Precisely, and yet he's both stated to be and demonstratably is, not as powerful as Exar Kun.

MythLord
Luke wins. Been discussed, been confirmed. You're the only one who keeps holding on to the delusion that he doesn't.

AncientPower
Lmfao. It's been nothing like confirmed.

Not only does Ood Bnar scaling put him up there with DE Luke, if not stronger. But the quote in the OP outright confirms Spirit Kun is > DS Kyp Durron, who gives JA Luke hell in a 'titanic' power exchange.

The only delusions are those who refuse to even entertain the possibility of ancient Sith being top class powerhouses, despite the same people wanking Krayt.

Freedon Nadd
It is true.

Trocity
Honestly, at that point, Exar Kun probably wins.

However, Freedumb Nadd agrees, so then again, probably not.

Freedon Nadd
One more mockery at my address and you(and your friends) will be reported to Admiral Thrawn. thumb up

This is supposed to be a topic about characters not about who pisses who off.

I know you want to prove yourself that you are full of smarts. But that's not the way to do it.

RealistRacism
Looks like we have two Hall Monitors here who think they can tell people what they are and aren't allowed to say.

On topic, Kun should win this one. I feel like Wollf always ducks these discussions with AP now that his blog on the JA Kun/Luke ordeal has been put into question.

DarthCaedus77
Luke stomps.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by RealistRacism
Looks like we have two Hall Monitors here who think they can tell people what they are and aren't allowed to say.

On topic, Kun should win this one. I feel like Wollf always ducks these discussions with AP now that his blog on the JA Kun/Luke ordeal has been put into question.

I don't tell people what to do. But trolling someone with rude words - until it goes on a daily basis - is a problem that needs to be fixed.

MythLord
Originally posted by AncientPower
Not only does Ood Bnar scaling put him up there with DE Luke, if not stronger.
Literally, no. Not when even Sedriss has a better performance against Ood Bnar than Kun.

Luke as a spirit stomped Kun as a spirit on a Dark Side nexus. Even playing, Luke stomps.

RealistRacism
Obvious bait that AP will definitely take.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by MythLord
Literally, no. Not when even Sedriss has a better performance against Ood Bnar than Kun.

Luke as a spirit stomped Kun as a spirit on a Dark Side nexus. Even playing, Luke stomps.

Flesh Kun>Spirit Kun on a Dark Nexus smile

AncientPower

Sedriss was in more recent sources stated to be obliterated by Bnar who essentially killed himself in the attack. Like, this was debunked in the very thread made to make this claim, and Beni got an slaughtered. No, the better comparison is Luke and Kun who both got blasted back from more equal distances. Luke was literally left smoking on the floor. The difference is that Kun is canonically stated to be far more powerful than Ood Bnar, in his prime. Likely something to do with Kun ransacking a chamber of the most powerful knowledge in the greatest source of knowledge on Ossus and then learning it.

Luke did nothing of the sort. A rugby tackle that Kun didn't expect doesn't negate spirit!Kun being > DS Kyp. It especially doesn't negate that Kun's power was literally binding Luke's spirit.

Take the L, Myth. Your argument is draconian.

RealistRacism
AP owns degenerate with logic and facts.

Valpoorion
Luke puts the creature out of its misery

snoke123
https://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Exar_Kun
https://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker_(Legends)#Jedi%20Grand%20Master

MythLord
Sedriss was in more recent sources stated to be obliterated by Bnar who essentially killed himself in the attack. Like, this was debunked in the very thread made to make this claim, and Beni got an slaughtered.

Beni stomped you, yeah. Still feeling salty?

No, the better comparison is Luke and Kun who both got blasted back from more equal distances. Luke was literally left smoking on the floor. The difference is that Kun is canonically stated to be far more powerful than Ood Bnar, in his prime. Likely something to do with Kun ransacking a chamber of the most powerful knowledge in the greatest source of knowledge on Ossus and then learning it.

Except, yeno, Luke also shielded another person, the attack was much more potent against him, and he wasn't shaking like a cvnt afterwards. smile

Luke did nothing of the sort. A rugby tackle that Kun didn't expect doesn't negate spirit!Kun being > DS Kyp. It especially doesn't negate that Kun's power was literally binding Luke's spirit.

I mean, you can phrase it any way you like: rugby tackle, one-shot, idc. Doesn't change the fact that it happened.

Take the L, Myth. Your argument is draconian.
Who the hell even says "take the L" anymore?

victreebelvictr

Except, yeno, Luke also shielded another person, the attack was much more potent against him, and he wasn't shaking like a cvnt afterwards. smile

I mean, you can phrase it any way you like: rugby tackle, one-shot, idc. Doesn't change the fact that it happened.

Who the hell even says "take the L" anymore? People that play too much Fortinite.

MythLord
I always knew AP was a no-lifer.

The Ellimist
It would help if AP actually provided all of the relevant sources for his claims in detail.

Valpoorion
Real sources, I might add. Not forged ones.

Valkorion
Exar Kun's spirit was clearly written to be more powerful than Luke, mental gymnastics aside

Freedon Nadd
If the general consensus is that Palpatine still holds the Sith leash; Luke compared Kun's weakened spirit form to Palpatine himself.

thumb up

MythLord
Luke's compared everyone and their mothers to Sidious and Vader. It's because they're the only two Dark Side vocal points he's faced that are worth talking about.

Who else is he gonna compare people like Kun to? Freakin' Flint? Besides, he compared Sidious and Exar in terms to evil/malice, which isn't the same as power at all.

RealistRacism
More lies

DarthCaedus77
More lies

I know you keep tellng lies, don't tear yourself up about it.

RealistRacism
What are you even saying, pissant?

DarthCaedus77
What are you even saying, pissant?

Just some lighthearted humour my friend.

Darth Thor
Luke's compared everyone and their mothers to Sidious and Vader. It's because they're the only two Dark Side vocal points he's faced that are worth talking about.

Who else is he gonna compare people like Kun to? Freakin' Flint? Besides, he compared Sidious and Exar in terms to evil/malice, which isn't the same as power at all.

This.

victreebelvictr

Who else is he gonna compare people like Kun to? Freakin' Flint? Besides, he compared Sidious and Exar in terms to evil/malice, which isn't the same as power at all. Luke never shows Krayt the respect he deserves...

AncientPower

laughing out loud As I recall, it was Neph stomping both of you.

Kun didn't shield himself at all, or at least, didn't make any form of gesture suggesting he did. Kun merely stood up after the blast though. Though it's evident that despite being on the outskirts of the blast and having a warning from Ood to prep his Force shield, Luke still got blasted back a good twenty meters.

But are you now conceding that Kun's canonically far more powerful than Bnar?

Also, that Bnar destroyed himself and Sedriss?

Because essentially, you're conceding that Kun can do to Luke what a fraction of Ood's blast can do to Luke.

Kun oneshots DE Luke then? Fantastic find Myth, you're truly an ally to the cause.

Like it literally just knocks him back, you taking it to mean far more than it actually does is irrelevant.

Thanks for conceding that Kun is > DS Kyp, though. As well as Kun literally binding Luke's power with his own.

Who the hell even says "take the L" anymore?

*shrug*

NoHateSpeech
yes Ancient Power! crush those white male supremacists

i mean still disappointed you'd bother engaging with them but at least crush them if you are

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by NoHateSpeech
yes Ancient Power! crush those white male supremacists

i mean still disappointed you'd bother engaging with them but at least crush them if you are I think he is white and male as well to be honest.

Valkorion
AP is actually winning lmao

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Valkorion
AP is actually winning lmao I think everyone is just tried of dealing with him at this point.

The thing is, Luke is known to be Sidious level, and Kun will never live up to Sidious.

That is just it.

RealistRacism
That's it no more discussion, Victre's declared it so.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Valkorion
AP is actually winning lmao

Who are you, btw?

DarthCaedus77
My guess on AP is female and white but maybe that's just their CV image infecting my mind.

RealistRacism
The AP being a woman thing has run its course, it really isn't funny anymore big guy erm

The Ellimist
I'm interested in AP's political views tbh

victreebelvictr
That's it no more discussion, Victre's declared it so. I finally feel included!

DarthCaedus77
The AP being a woman thing has run its course, it really isn't funny anymore big guy erm

No appreciation for my huour.

sad

RealistRacism
As long as he isn't a centrist, it's okay.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by DarthCaedus77
No appreciation for my huour.

sad laughing

Is that good enough?

NoHateSpeech
the transphobia from AP and the posts of "RealistRacism" disgust me as a disabled trans PoC, who the f*ck are you to marginalize minorities

DarthCaedus77
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
laughing

Is that good enough?

Yes, now admit Caedus is TOAA.

wink

victreebelvictr

NoHateSpeech
did you just ignore and trivialize my experiences to respond to a cis white male instead?

victreebelvictr
Bye Felicia. big grin

AncientPower
@Galan007, please.

Galan007
Please, what?

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Galan007
Please, what? Nobody knows.

AncientPower
This entire page is off-topic.

victreebelvictr
Yeah close it, AP already lost.

Galan007
Either stay on topic or don't post at all.

Enough faux-trolling, please.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Galan007
Either stay on topic or don't post at all.

Enough faux-trolling, please. Yes sir!

AncientPower
@Myth: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=16746518#post16746518

laughing out loud As I recall, it was Neph stomping both of you.

Kun didn't shield himself at all, or at least, didn't make any form of gesture suggesting he did. Kun merely stood up after the blast though. Though it's evident that despite being on the outskirts of the blast and having a warning from Ood to prep his Force shield, Luke still got blasted back a good twenty meters.

But are you now conceding that Kun's canonically far more powerful than Bnar?

Also, that Bnar destroyed himself and Sedriss?

Because essentially, you're conceding that Kun can do to Luke what a fraction of Ood's blast can do to Luke.

Kun oneshots DE Luke then? Fantastic find Myth, you're truly an ally to the cause.

Like it literally just knocks him back, you taking it to mean far more than it actually does is irrelevant.

Thanks for conceding that Kun is > DS Kyp, though. As well as Kun literally binding Luke's power with his own.

*shrug*

The Ellimist
where does Exar Kun bind Luke's power

where does it say Exar Kun > Kyp Durron

RealistRacism

AncientPower
Luke directly attributes Kun's destruction with his ability to return to his body.

The Ellimist
I mean, Exar Kun was a "greater, deeper menace" than some impatient students...

We don't know what technique Exar Kun used on Luke or how it works. We do know that he boasted about having "millennia to practice" being a spirit, so it's not exactly a meaningful comparison to say that spirit Luke can't overpower whatever spell Exar Kun was using on him.

I mean, spirit Kun can't even physically hurt people. Compare that to, say, Vitiate and there's a pretty clear disparity.

AncientPower
He's specifically referencing Kyp Durron (and Gantoris) prior to this, and his growing power. This quote takes place after Gantoris falls to the dark side and Kyp knocks out Horn prior to stealing Mara's ship and mocking Luke's teachings. Menace is just a fancy way of saying threat. Kun is a greater threat than Kyp Durron. The same Durron he spends the same chapter saying was a threat that could be even worse than Darth Vader. Looks pretty damn clear cut to me.

Him boasting about having millennia to practice is him bullshitting as actual sources confirm he was rendered inert and in a slumber, until Luke first arrived.

Kun can't physically hurt people? So when he ragdolled Horn, Force choked all of Luke's students and drained Gantoris to a husk. . . That never happened?

MythLord
I have to question what reality AP lives in when half of the stuff (s)he says is evidently false, and really requires a single reading of the flippin' comics to see that.

The Ellimist
BTW, I want to get something down:

Given that you take Exar Kun's "darkest power in the galaxy" to mean that he's more powerful than Vitiate was at that time, I take it that you don't consider "death of the author", and that you take such accolades as credible?

Freedon Nadd
For god's sake. If Yavin 4's Force energies weren't enough to Exar Kun to reclaim his power he held in life, doesn't that ring any bell to you?

Luke might still stomp, but to say he 100% murderstomps Flesh Exar Kun it's a stretch.

MythLord
Nobody says Luke 100% murderstomps. But Luke does win, yes.

Freedon Nadd
Nobody says Luke 100% murderstomps. But Luke does win, yes.

That's debateable.

I see post-JA Luke winning with great difficulty. But pre-JA Luke gets severely stomped.

RealistRacism
Myth still has no arguments.

AncientPower
Originally posted by The Ellimist
BTW, I want to get something down:

Given that you take Exar Kun's "darkest power in the galaxy" to mean that he's more powerful than Vitiate was at that time, I take it that you don't consider "death of the author", and that you take such accolades as credible?

No, because Tenebrae has quotes earlier in the time and general authorial intent that gives him a bigger stance than Kun has.

Geistalt
Originally posted by NoHateSpeech
yes Ancient Power! crush those white male supremacists Ironically, Kun is whiter than Kyp.

Freedon Nadd
Irony is a recurrent theme in Star Wars.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.