Jedi Three Versus Three

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheNuisanceBird
Ignoring the way Evannova's new video turned out, I wanna here opinions on this match up from the point of view of people on KMC.

The match up is Anakin, Ki-Adi Mundi, and Kit Fisto, VS Obi-Wan, Plo Koon, and Shaak Ti.

I personally feel that even with morals on Anakin could potentially solo if he takes out Plo Koon and Shaak Ti first.

His physicality advantage was massively undersold and considering his performance against Dooku on the Invisible Hand I don't see him having much issue quickly overwhelming either Plo Koon and Shaak Ti then going on to deal with Obi-Wan.

Morals off, or make this Anakin during Knightfall where he's not holding back whatsoever and I could honestly see him soloing.

Plo Koon and Shaak Ti can't deal with Mundi or Fisto in time to start teaming Anakin like the video suggests.

RealistRacism
Anakin ragdolls Ti and Plo, then everyone gangs up on Kenobi.

CuckedCurry
Kit solos Plo and Ti and Kenobi is eventually overpowered gg thumb up

DarthCaedus77
Anakin solos.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by CuckedCurry
Kit solos Plo and Ti and Kenobi is eventually overpowered gg thumb up

For clarification are you saying Fisto would Solo both Ti and Koon?

TheIndyJedi
I have no interest in this match up, therefore I won't be watching.
But to sum up , Anakin is the wrecking MVP, and he would stomp Plo and Ti at the same time. While Fisto and Mundi go for Kenobi. Kenobi fends them off, then after Anakin is done with Plo and Ti, he joins Fisto and Mundi, and proceeds to shit stomp the poor Obi Wan.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
I have no interest in this match up, therefore I won't be watching.
But to sum up , Anakin is the wrecking MVP, and he would stomp Plo and Ti at the same time. While Fisto and Mundi go for Kenobi. Kenobi fends them off, then after Anakin is done with Plo and Ti, he joins Fisto and Mundi, and proceeds to shit stomp the poor Obi Wan.

Morals on yes. I'd say Anakin morals on can comfortably take Kenobi down.

Morals off Plo Koon gets ragdolled into Shaak Ti's vag and then Anakin takes Kenobi apart.

I love how in the beginning Evan says they won't be focusing on feats and will instead be focusing on the technical and strategical side of things but are disregarding many of Anakin's feats as always.

TenebrousWay
Anakin >> Obi Wan >> Kit > Plo > Mundi ~ Ti

CuckedCurry

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Anakin >> Obi Wan >> Kit > Plo > Mundi ~ Ti

I'd personally put Mundi after Obi-Wan.

He's been portrayed as a superior to Ti on Hypori and honestly I could see him being a tier 8. It's not like Mace and Obi-Wan are the only tier 8s.

TheNuisanceBird
Ti's Makashi would probably only work if she was able to focus on Fisto 1v1 and even then she'd have a hard time dealing with her speed.

Selenial
Plo Koon and Shaak are both superior to Mundi and Fisto, but honestly Anakin could take both on even with Kenobi.

So team one.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Selenial
Plo Koon and Shaak are both superior to Mundi and Fisto, but honestly Anakin could take both on even with Kenobi.

So team one.

Eh I've been thinking about doing Mundi VS Shaak Ti.

Mundi has better sabers and is more direct in the Force. In the video Evan says Mundi has a lack of power which I don't quite understand and that Ti doesn't.

Same with Plo Koon. I feel like Mundi would eventually land hits on Koon.

TheIndyJedi
Fisto has an accolade in the ROTS novel, implying he is better than Shaak Ti.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Fisto has an accolade in the ROTS novel, implying he is better than Shaak Ti.

That comes from Shaak Ti herself. If its the one I'm thinking of. He could possibly take a majority against her.

TenebrousWay
Kit is clearly > Shaak Ti

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Kit is clearly > Shaak Ti

Reasoning? I agree I'm just curious on your input.

AncientPower
Ki-Adi Mundi is a serious weaklink.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by AncientPower

How so? Not that it'd matter anyways.

HP Legend
Anakin solos.

Selenial

HP Legend

How? He demonstrated superiority to Grievous in their duel. Besides even at the very least he's still better than Kit.

Not that it matters anyway seen as Anakin solos.

TheNuisanceBird
@Selenial

The narrator mentions her aesthetic as being like Dooku's in that they use similar styles.

To suggest that her use of Makashi is around Dooku's is ridiculous.

What Kenobi says and means are two very different things. I think we can all agree that even hindered Anakin on Mustafar would stomp Ti.

Unhindered Anakin super stomps.

Selenial

Jaggarath
Doesn't Anakin respond that he could beat like a dozen Shaak Tis with his hands tied behind his back, lol

Selenial

BestDebaterEver
Who gives a shit? We already know Fisto is better than Ti.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Jaggarath
Doesn't Anakin respond that he could beat like a dozen Shaak Tis with his hands tied behind his back, lol

He says: "Clever and subtle. He could whip any ten clever and subtle Jedi with his lightsaber tied behind his back."

He also later says:

"I have the power of any five Masters. Any ten. You know it, and so do they."

TheNuisanceBird
Dammit it won't let me quote Selenial

Freedon Nadd

At least he cared about the Droid Attack On The Wookiees

Selenial
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
He says: "Clever and subtle. He could whip any ten clever and subtle Jedi with his lightsaber tied behind his back."

He also later says:

"I have the power of any five Masters. Any ten. You know it, and so do they."

thumb up

Perfect example of why no one cares about his monologues in that novel.

Dammit it won't let me quote Selenial

It's when I make posts on IOS, nothing I can really do about it I'm afraid sad

McP
Morals on yes. I'd say Anakin morals on can comfortably take Kenobi down.

And I would say that he can't. Not comfortably I mean. Even as a bounty hunter, Kenobi did a great job against Anakin in a physical fight. Kenobi is inferior to Anakin overall, but that fight between them woulld be fvery specyfic, as they both knows their moves. And I feel, that Kenobi would be better suited to use it for his advantage.

TheNuisanceBird
thumb up

Perfect example of why no one cares about his monologues in that novel.

It's when I make posts on IOS, nothing I can really do about it I'm afraid sad

Ok this works now.

There is the line:

"It was a boys expression of anger. But it was true."

So that's why quoting sometimes doesn't work?

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by McP
And I would say that he can't. Not comfortably I mean. Even as a bounty hunter, Kenobi did a great job against Anakin in a physical fight. Kenobi is inferior to Anakin overall, but that fight between them woulld be fvery specyfic, as they both knows their moves. And I feel, that Kenobi would be better suited to use it for his advantage.

That fight was ridiculous like a lot of them from TCW.

This was before both their peaks at ROTS and it was mostly a hand to hand fight.

Even if Kenobi knows what to expect it won't serve him for long on neutral ground.

Selenial
Ok this works now.

There is the line:

"It was a boys expression of anger. But it was true."

So that's why quoting sometimes doesn't work?

It's an interesting line, but I've never held it in any esteem. Mace and Kenobi both count among those masters, and I don't really see the logic that a pre Invisible Hand Anakin could handle 10 council members without a Lightsaber.

But yeh, I think so. iPhone apostrophes are the culprit, I believe.

(Side note though, do you intend to reply to my point or are we agreeing to disagree here)

TheNuisanceBird
It's an interesting line, but I've never held it in any esteem. Mace and Kenobi both count among those masters, and I don't really see the logic that a pre Invisible Hand Anakin could handle 10 council members without a Lightsaber.

But yeh, I think so. iPhone apostrophes are the culprit, I believe.

(Side note though, do you intend to reply to my point or are we agreeing to disagree here)

I quoted that line in reference to Anakin's multiple claims in the novel. The specific line of Anakin saying he's more powerful than anyone on the Council being true is from Legacy of the Force: Bloodlines.

Which one? I don't see Shaak Ti in general being near Mace or Obi-Wan just going by feats. Shaak Ti's most impressive accolades are well, only accolades. In terms of her feats there isn't much that would place her as top tier.

CactusJoe
Team 1 https://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/5wZdQMI.png

Selenial
I quoted that line in reference to Anakin's multiple claims in the novel. The specific line of Anakin saying he's more powerful than anyone on the Council being true is from Legacy of the Force: Bloodlines.

Which one? I don't see Shaak Ti in general being near Mace or Obi-Wan just going by feats. Shaak Ti's most impressive accolades are well, only accolades. In terms of her feats there isn't much that would place her as top tier.

My mistake.

I don't see her as near Mace either. I don't think there's a monumental gap between her, Plo and Kenobi, but there's still a noticeable gap. My point wasn't ever to argue that she was their equal. I was merely questioning the notion that Kit has better accolades in the ROTS novel, because that's unequivocally false. In regards to your response, I was merely curious what you thought of the quote referencing her with Dooku, Mace and Depa. I've seen the point on 'it refers to style' before, curious to see if you or others would defend it when looking at the context.

FWIW, if you or anyone thinks Fisto > Ti strongly enough to debate it, I'm down.

CactusJoe
My mistake.

I don't see her as near Mace either. I don't think there's a monumental gap between her, Plo and Kenobi, but there's still a noticeable gap. My point wasn't ever to argue that she was their equal. I was merely questioning the notion that Kit has better accolades in the ROTS novel, because that's unequivocally false. In regards to your response, I was merely curious what you thought of the quote referencing her with Dooku, Mace and Depa. I've seen the point on 'it refers to style' before, curious to see if you or others would defend it when looking at the context.

FWIW, if you or anyone thinks Fisto > Ti strongly enough to debate it, I'm down.
lets debate it https://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/7qCiSUb.png you open https://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/8E0da0s.png

Selenial
Originally posted by CactusJoe
lets debate it https://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/7qCiSUb.png you open https://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/8E0da0s.png

no tho

CactusJoe
no tho

if you or anyone
https://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/.png

Selenial
Originally posted by CactusJoe
https://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/.png

I'm saying I won't open.

Feel free to come at me though https://imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/841309534.gif

CactusJoe
I'm saying I won't open.

Feel free to come at me though https://imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/841309534.gif
mhmm i'll see if i have time

TheNuisanceBird
My mistake.

As for the styles, I don't see Ti being near Dooku in Makashi. She has a unique mix of Makashi and Ataru but I don't see her overall skill being anywhere near Dooku's. In a straight up Makashi contest Dooku would destroy her. Her use is too reliant on evasion which while is fine for Makashi, hasn't shown any of the skill in dealing with stronger opponents the way Dooku has.

Fisto VS Ti is close although I feel it'd be Fisto's speed that throws Ti off due to the fact that her style is based around being faster than her opponent.

Selenial
As for the styles, I don't see Ti being near Dooku in Makashi. She has a unique mix of Makashi and Ataru but I don't see her overall skill being anywhere near Dooku's. In a straight up Makashi contest Dooku would destroy her. Her use is too reliant on evasion which while is fine for Makashi, hasn't shown any of the skill in dealing with stronger opponents the way Dooku has.

Fisto VS Ti is close although I feel it'd be Fisto's speed that throws Ti off due to the fact that her style is based around being faster than her opponent.

Fair enough, though dodging slightly. My question was more to do with her standing comparative to the rest of the council (bar Mace, Anakin and Yoda).

I disagree with speed though, what makes you think her style is based on being faster than her opponent? I'm confident you're mistaken, Fisto relies on being significantly faster than his opponent, so if anyone can even remotely keep up with his speed his Form I is a huge disadvantage. I don't actually think he's faster than her, let alone significantly faster, I'd say it's the other way around.

TheNuisanceBird
Fair enough, though dodging slightly. My question was more to do with her standing comparative to the rest of the council (bar Mace, Anakin and Yoda).

I disagree with speed though, what makes you think her style is based on being faster than her opponent? I'm confident you're mistaken, Fisto relies on being significantly faster than his opponent, so if anyone can even remotely keep up with his speed his Form I is a huge disadvantage. I don't actually think he's faster than her, let alone significantly faster, I'd say it's the other way around.

On what? Her being ranking? The three you mentioned she's definitely below. I'd put her as a tier 7.

Her formula is based on her being able to fight blade to blade but also constantly reposition herself to avoid taking people head on due to her lack of strength.

She hasn't really done well when forced to fight people head on. While she was tired the first time she fought Grievous, it still is a good representation of her weaknesses blade to blade.

Selenial
On what? Her being ranking? The three you mentioned she's definitely below. I'd put her as a tier 7.

Her formula is based on her being able to fight blade to blade but also constantly reposition herself to avoid taking people head on due to her lack of strength.

She hasn't really done well when forced to fight people head on. While she was tired the first time she fought Grievous, it still is a good representation of her weaknesses blade to blade.

Interesting analysis. Given Galen's strength, yet still struggling with hers on occasion, I disagree. We've also seen some pretty decent strength feats (some of which, I admit, I never bothered to put on my RT) that put her force augmented strength pretty highly.

She does reposition a lot, I admit, but many sources indicate that's due to her not having any reason not to. A weakness of Ataru and many acrobatic styles is making yourself blind to certain things, her montrals completely negate that disadvantage, so keeping opponents on their feet is only a positive for her.

It's a shame we never saw her novel reach the light of day, I'd be interested in seeing a prosaic breakdown of her style. As it stands though I think your view is fairly unsubstantiated...

TheNuisanceBird
Interesting analysis. Given Galen's strength, yet still struggling with hers on occasion, I disagree. We've also seen some pretty decent strength feats (some of which, I admit, I never bothered to put on my RT) that put her force augmented strength pretty highly.

She does reposition a lot, I admit, but many sources indicate that's due to her not having any reason not to. A weakness of Ataru and many acrobatic styles is making yourself blind to certain things, her montrals completely negate that disadvantage, so keeping opponents on their feet is only a positive for her.

It's a shame we never saw her novel reach the light of day, I'd be interested in seeing a prosaic breakdown of her style. As it stands though I think your view is fairly unsubstantiated...

She's overpowered (inconsistent) Magnaguards and had to use acrobatics to generate enough force to get her to stagger Marek from what I remember. I'm not saying she's weak, just compared to other council members she doesn't really have any feats that suggest she can overpower anyone around her level.

Her montrals give her an advantage in her style, true. But in a one versus one fight or a team battle that's direct and unified, it won't matter if everyone knows where everyone is anyways.

Fair enough. It's mostly because we don't have enough examples of Shaak Ti fighting people under normal circumstances. But taking what we have it'd make sense. I'm not saying Ventress is her equal but Asajj uses a very similar approach to Ti and has (even potentially) similar strengths and weaknesses.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.