Why do you care about gender?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Krypton007
If someone identifies as a different gender, why is there so much backlash towards this idea? What harm is there to have someone who is a man, believe he is a woman?

darthgoober
The primary backlash isn't against THEM believing it, it's against the insistence that OTHERS believe it.

NoHateSpeech
Originally posted by darthgoober
The primary backlash isn't against THEM believing it, it's against the insistence that OTHERS believe it.

f*** off

Surtur
Originally posted by Krypton007
If someone identifies as a different gender, why is there so much backlash towards this idea? What harm is there to have someone who is a man, believe he is a woman?

May I ask how far you will take it?

For instance, a man left his wife because he identified as a six year old girl. Is he just being his "true self" or is he mentally ill?

I'm not making that up btw lol.

darthgoober
My gender is "God", and my preferred pronouns are "His Holiness"

NoHateSpeech
Originally posted by Surtur
May I ask how far you will take it?

For instance, a man left his wife because he identified as a six year old girl. Is he just being his "true self" or is he mentally ill?

I'm not making that up btw lol.

and they say nazis aren't a threat anymore but people like surtur are tolerated

Surtur
Originally posted by NoHateSpeech
and they say nazis aren't a threat anymore but people like surtur are tolerated

https://i.imgur.com/fhb5hGu.jpg

NoHateSpeech
https://i.imgur.com/fhb5hGu.jpg

the text of the photo is obviously correct but posting Hitler like that should contain a trigger warning for those who may feel aggressed by his face so f*ck you

Surtur
Warning: photo contains Hitler.

NoHateSpeech
that's better.

just saw your sig though, you quoted that white supremacist right wing extremist George Carlin, so f*ck off

darthgoober
that's better.

just saw your sig though, you quoted that white supremacist right wing extremist George Carlin, so f*ck off
Don't forget George Lucas, he made Darth Vader a white guy...

Surtur
that's better.

You're trying too hard. Like Pauly Shore in...every movie he's ever been in.

NoHateSpeech
don't tell a trans PoC zhey's trying "too hard". who the f*ck do you think you are?

Surtur
don't tell a trans PoC zhey's trying "too hard". who the f*ck do you think you are?

Surtur.

BackFire
I just call everybody I meet Teddy. It's easier.

Emperordmb
thumb up

Particularly since this is being quickly pushed into our legal structures, linguistic structure, and cultural structure.

If it were just binary I wouldn't care too much, ascribing to a gender identity based on archetypes firmly grounded in our culture is at least a claim with a foundation to it.

But gender is being treated by a lot of these activists as something you can just decide on a whim or make up your own, in other words it seems completely arbitrary, and thus it's not something objectively defined to the extent that it would be wise to push into our legal structures or cultural expectations.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Emperordmb
thumb up

Particularly since this is being quickly pushed into our legal structures, linguistic structure, and cultural structure.

If it were just binary I wouldn't care too much, ascribing to a gender identity based on archetypes firmly grounded in our culture is at least a claim with a foundation to it.

But gender is being treated by a lot of these activists as something you can just decide on a whim or make up your own, in other words it seems completely arbitrary, and thus it's not something objectively defined to the extent that it would be wise to push into our legal structures or cultural expectations.
I'm thinking about turning into the skid. I'll acknowledge anyone's trans status who acknowledges mine...

My gender is "God", and my preferred pronouns are "His Holiness"

Robtard
"I don't care how many years of hormone therapy, surgery and psychological counseling HE'S had, I'm going to say HIM!" -The Brave Gender Defender

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Robtard
"I don't care how many years of hormone therapy, surgery and psychological counseling HE'S had, I'm going to say HIM!" -The Brave Gender Defender

That's actually a good point Robtard, well done.

cdtm

There is no backlash.

The only "backlash", is from Foz News and CNN, and anyone who believes everything they "report".

Most of the so called "backlash" is usually over a stupid lawsuit, brought on by administrator incompetence or ignorance.

A good example of these faux issues is the "Christmas ban" at some universities. "WAR ON CHRISTMAS", the right shouts.

Then you dig into it, and discover the university in question has been debating for ten years on how to handle a pageant in a multi-cultural school, and just couldn't come to an agreement. Muslims weigh in, Rabbi's weigh in, other non Christians weigh in, Christian leaders weigh in, and you know what they say?

"Eh, we have no problem with sharing. We should be able to work something out."

But the board and pta and such just can't come to an agreement, because they're stupid. Just sheer incompetence, that's all it is.

Silent Master

Quetzalcoatl.

Putinbot1
If someone identifies as a different gender, why is there so much backlash towards this idea? What harm is there to have someone who is a man, believe he is a woman? I don't people can be what they want to be, as long as they are adults.

Surtur
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I don't people can be what they want to be, as long as they are adults.

So if an adult who didn't serve in the military wants to identify as one...that's cool, right?

Putinbot1
So if an adult who didn't serve in the military wants to identify as one...that's cool, right? any adult can choose whatever they want, it doesn't affect me.

Surtur
any adult can choose whatever they want, it doesn't affect me.

Oh? I assume this is true cuz you don't live in this country.

Now, I'm pretty sure in *this* country veterans can get certain government benefits. I've heard stuff about housing, etc.

You wouldn't suggest the imaginary sacrifice of a delusional person play any role in them not getting to partake in those benefits...would you?

EDIT: After all...society isn't REALLY catering to the delusion unless we go all in.

quanchi112
Says the guy defrauding the welfare system.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by quanchi112
Says the guy defrauding the welfare system. he is just cringeworthy laughing out loud

quanchi112
he is just cringeworthy laughing out loud How does he not see how hypocritical the post makes him look.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by quanchi112
How does he not see how hypocritical the post makes him look. because he is ludicrous Quan.

Robtard
Oh? I assume this is true cuz you don't live in this country.

Now, I'm pretty sure in *this* country veterans can get certain government benefits. I've heard stuff about housing, etc.

You wouldn't suggest the imaginary sacrifice of a delusional person play any role in them not getting to partake in those benefits...would you?

EDIT: After all...society isn't REALLY catering to the delusion unless we go all in.

You're comparing the bonuses of life-time of medical benefits, housing and a pension for military services severed to what? The "bonus" of using a different public restroom and pronouns? Really?

Flyattractor
Well there are those that kind of oppose it when Trans People go into bathrooms and molest children and then try to hide behind their new gender....

Damborgson
Pretty sure molesting children is frowned upon regardless of gender

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Damborgson
Pretty sure molesting children is frowned upon regardless of gender What if somebody identifies as a child molester? It would be inhumane to stop them.

BackFire
That's a brilliant defense and I'm going to use it.

Surtur
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
What if somebody identifies as a child molester? It would be inhumane to stop them.

No what if they identify as a child? Are we gonna put a child in prison? No we aren't.

Name me any 3 yr. old who has been convicted of any crime. BOOM!!!!!

quanchi112
No what if they identify as a child? Are we gonna put a child in prison? No we aren't.

Name me any 3 yr. old who has been convicted of any crime. BOOM!!!!! I hate the fact you believe your posts are funny. Surtur by now you would think you would have fallen into a laugh or two but noooooooo. Humor is not for you.

Adam_PoE

Because we live in a society that socializes people to accept a particular system of gender.

The very existence of transgender people subverts this system in which people are heavily-invested.

RealistRacism
Reading some of these posts reminds me of why we need a strong Ethno-religious Dictatorship thumb up

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
What if somebody identifies as a child molester? It would be inhumane to stop them. laughing out loud

cdtm

1. It makes good press.

2. Politicians push it to the moon, from both ends.

3. People love controversy, and they love to fight over nothing.

4. Lawsuits. The way it works, is lawyers make waves, settlements happen, the press takes notice, more lawyers hop the bandwagon, and this perpetually fuels 1-3.

Are there genuine victims in this, or just genuine people who care about transgenderism? Of course.

But that's not why "we" care about transgenderism. You don't see anyone going on about homelessness, prison reform, of Native American rights, do you? Not sexy enough, not mainstream enough.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Lord Lucien
Okie doke, bud. Whatever you and your handwritten dictionary say.

Adam_PoE

Silent Master
Social constructs are a social construct.

cdtm

cdtm
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Because we live in a society that socializes people to...

A parents love for their child: Is this social construct?

If not for socialization, would parents have a unique attachment to their children?

Or could this be founded in biology?

Robtard
Originally posted by cdtm
A parents love for their child: Is this social construct?

If not for socialization, would parents have a unique attachment to their children?

Or could this be founded in biology?

Probably in part, but the strong bond (to the point of self sacrifice in some species) parents have with their offspring probably has a lot to do with biology and evolution, especially in mammals where offspring usually rely on a parent(s) to survive. eg if mommy dear didn't feed and protect baby deer, deer would cease to exist barring outside influences.

The parent-offspring bond might be mixed in there with survival instincts as well.

Also this:

T3wcxHiorJ4

KyCooool
What??

Flyattractor
Leftists think Gender is Fluid...but the only FLUID is their brains leaking out of their ears.

Surtur
There are only two genders.

https://media.giphy.com/media/5qItPbGWz9ogo/giphy.gif

Robtard
Still self-triggering over gender, oh my. Maybe make a New Years resolution to just let it go?

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Still self-triggering over gender, oh my. Maybe make a New Years resolution to just let it go?

Stop projecting, nobody cares.

Flyattractor
You two just need to kiss and make up.

Jessica Tandy
Originally posted by BackFire
That's a brilliant defense and I'm going to use it.

Careful. A Soviet agent is about to infiltrate your NRA.

Jessica Tandy
There are only two genders.

https://media.giphy.com/media/5qItPbGWz9ogo/giphy.gif

Which one are you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.