Batman (JL) vs Dick Grayson (Titans)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
Okay, so I know the show is still very knew, and I myself admittedly haven't even watched all of them, but the Titans have all actually been surprisingly impressive so far, based on the few feats I have seen.

- Bruce gets his JL gear.
- Dick gets the standard gear he's shown when normally going out.
- Fight takes place in an alleyway.
- Opponents are 10 feet apart.

I would have called him Robin in the title, but apparently Jason Todd is showing up as the current Robin in the next episode or something.

NemeBro
I have a better question: is Titans actually good?

TheVaultDweller
They try a bit hard with the gritty/edgy vibe in some scenes, but it's actually a lot better than I expected it to be. It's nothing amazing, but it works well enough as a kind of filler show.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
They try a bit hard with the gritty/edgy vibe in some scenes, but it's actually a lot better than I expected it to be. It's nothing amazing, but it works well enough as a kind of filler show.

is it worth $8 bucks a month

TheVaultDweller
Well, depends on how big you are on DC, probably. For some people, what amounts to like $2 an episode is nothing, but for others it's too much. I can't really say it's too much, personally, as I tend to waste more money than that on other crap during a month.

TheVaultDweller
Fully caught up myself now. Another pretty good showing for Dick in the latest episode. Held his own against two opponents who had enhanced strength and durability, at the same time, after being caught off guard initially, and was dominating four of them simultaneously once he got a chance to gear up. Also shook off being thrown through a first floor window and crashing onto a car below, while not wearing his armour.

tkitna
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
is it worth $8 bucks a month

Nothings worth $8 bucks a month when you have a computer and can watch it for free.

Dreampanther
It's the "dominating" part that got my attention, same as when he rescued you-know-who from the warehouse. In this universe Grayson is a beast when he gets to fight his way (in other words when he's ready for it).

TheVaultDweller
Well, even when he wasn't ready for it, he did pretty well. I mean "dad" was strong enough to casually tear the door off a car and smack Kory hard enough to send her flying into another car, yet Dick was fighting off both him and his "wife" before basically getting BFR'd, after they jumped him in his room. And it's probably safe to assume that the assassins at the end of the episode, in the full SWAT gear, were on the same enhancers as the family.

TheVaultDweller
On a random note, it does make me wonder what an absolute monster the Titans universe's version of Batman must be.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by tkitna
Nothings worth $8 bucks a month when you have a computer and can watch it for free.

i don't get caught by the law lol

Dreampanther
Well, even when he wasn't ready for it, he did pretty well. I mean ...

Yes, he did well there, but that first encounter on the rooftop was a disaster. It was a disaster for everyone, though.

As for Batman, yes, I'd agree - in this verse he must be a complete monster.

TheVaultDweller
Well, IIRC, he got jumped by two of them while his attention was on Rachel and BFR'd off the side of the roof there as well, so didn't get much opportunity to do anything.

Dreampanther
Well, IIRC, he got jumped by two of them while his attention was on Rachel and BFR'd off the side of the roof there as well, so didn't get much opportunity to do anything.

Thus, my original statement.

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
If I could, I wouldn't have made the thread. stick out tongue

But here is the fight discussed in the last few posts. Obviously spoilers for the latest episode of Titans:

jQ5j_7zCx1c

riv6672
I wasnt asking you in particular, though its not exactly uncommon for the thread starter to have a winner in mind they want to push. wink

Thanks for the link, gonna see what i can see...

EDIT
That was pretty cool, in regards to Robin. Didnt really see him do anything beyond what BvS/JL Bats could/would do, though. I see Bats winning a a good fight.

TheVaultDweller
I thought it would be an interesting match up, as they're both very strong, fast and tough for non-powered individuals, and have similar gear too.

And of course, it's Batman and Robin, so, how could I not? lol

riv6672
I hear you. It IS a good match up.

This thread was confusing though, response wise (felt like a review of the Titans series), coupled w. my lack of Robin feat knowledge.
I just needed something solid to base an opinion on for you.

BruceSkywalker
If I could, I wouldn't have made the thread. stick out tongue

But here is the fight discussed in the last few posts. Obviously spoilers for the latest episode of Titans:

jQ5j_7zCx1c

i will be watching either next month or in january but does kory ever use her powers?

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, a few times. But she's still getting the hang of things, due to some plot reasons I won't get into right now, so still needs some practice.

tkitna
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i will be watching either next month or in january but does kory ever use her powers?

Yeah, she's pretty powerful, but not real experienced.

Same with Raven

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, her blasts are powerful enough that they can burn through solid stone (and it seems she can torch a decently sized area at once), but she needs more training to refine her skills. And yeah, Raven will be an absolute powerhouse once she actually gets more control over her powers, especially based on showings like what she did to that church. Even Beast Boy seems very, very strong in shapeshifted form. They're all kinda noobs though, so need more XP. Robin is the only one with the skills, really, at the moment (because he was Robin for several years already before the start of the show). But they have the potential to become a pretty potent team.

tkitna
Starfire can actually throw down H2H also which is neat.

riv6672
Kory in and of herself looked terrible in that clip you provided. Just not at all doing justice to the actual look of the alien that is her character.
They arent working w. a movie budget i know, but still, that Kory is more...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXZ4eHcX4AAoodn.jpg

...than:
https://s7776.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/David-Harewood-Supergirl.jpg

Just me griping, but i usually dont, when it comes to things like this, as i think well or poorly written, comics characters, visually, have been brought to life really well, in the last decade.

BruceSkywalker
Yeah, a few times. But she's still getting the hang of things, due to some plot reasons I won't get into right now, so still needs some practice.

Originally posted by tkitna
Yeah, she's pretty powerful, but not real experienced.

Same with Raven

thanks guys

Dreampanther
Originally posted by riv6672
Kory in and of herself looked terrible in that clip you provided. Just not at all doing justice to the actual look of the alien that is her character.
They arent working w. a movie budget i know, but still, that Kory is more...
Just me griping, but i usually dont, when it comes to things like this, as i think well or poorly written, comics characters, visually, have been brought to life really well, in the last decade.

Yeah, but you can't let one little thing spoil it for you. It's like bitching about Arrow's first season when Ollie still used mascara around his eyes as a "mask". It's stupid and annoying but there are so many other elements they get right that you forget about it as soon as you start watching the show.

riv6672

Dreampanther
"...i loved Suicide Squad, liked the JL movie.."

My brother! eek!

Though the other way around - I liked Suicide Squad but love Justice League.

riv6672
^^^ -high five-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.