Better film: Man of Steel vs. Black Panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage

NemeBro
Kind of a weird choice of comparison but Black Panther is better.

steverules_2
Who voted MOS?

BackFire
Black Panther.

tkitna
Black Panther by eons

Trocity
Black Panther is extremely overrated, but it's definitely better than Man of Steel.

Darth Thor
Black Panther without a doubt.

That said I do enjoy MOS. Its entertaining and Russel Crowe was great in it. But BP is just in a different league. Better acting all around, better made film, far superior storytelling.

riv6672
Probably BP. While i didnt watch it, as an MCU film, it will have had a higher quality in the script almost by default.

BruceSkywalker
Black Panther is by far leagues better.. better story.. better director.. better action,,

NemeBro
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
better action,, Honestly, this is both the only part I disagree with and the only aspect of MoS I like at all.

Man of Steel has the best superhero action of any DCEU or MCU movie IMHO. It does have a conspicuous lack of recognizable battle damage, but it actually had the high-powered superhero fights I want to see in a superhero movie.

Lord Lucien
I voted Man of Steel because I'm a f*cking mouth breather who hurts himself when he thinks. Also because I never saw Black Panther.

riv6672
The action in MoS was excellent, yeah.

steverules_2

Kazenji
He likes to boycott anything to do with Black Panther.

Khazra Reborn
MoS. I didn't like BP that much, too preachy.

playa1258
MOS for me. BP was decent too.

Insane Titan
Both were equally shit

Bentley
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Both were equally shit

The only true answer.

quanchi112
Both were not good.

Surtur
Black Panther was better, but also way overhyped.

John Murdoch

Silent Master
It was a good fight scene in terms of CGI, but in terms of the fighting itself, IE skill. it looked like 5 years olds fighting.

Robtard
BP is the better film.

I'm also one of those seemingly rare people who found MoS to be enjoyable/decent.

The Spectre+
Originally posted by Silent Master
It was a good fight scene in terms of CGI, but in terms of the fighting itself, IE skill. it looked like 5 years olds fighting.
When You Say Skill, Supes Definitely Had None. Zod On The Other Hand Would Have Had The Opportunity To Display Skill But Then Zod Likely Has Had Some Exp With A Yellow Sun But For Most Of His In The Kryptonian Military Has Most Probably Used High Tech Weapons, And Not Really Hand-to-hand Combat. Plus He Wasnt Really Gonna Show Skilful Fighting When He Clearly Wanted To Kill Kal And Everyone Else(iow Bloodlusted) And As I Said Earlier His Not So Much Of Exp Under A Yellow Sun Would Not Give Him The Chance To Display Skillful Fighting, As He Would Have A Hard Time Adapting.

-Pr-
Panther is the better movie, though I think MoS had substantially better action scenes.

larrychristian
My vote goes to Man of Steel. As I found it has better action, cinematography, soundtrack, and excellent visual effects as compare to Black Panther.

Mindset
Michael Shannon was the only enjoyable part of MoS.

I give it to Black Panther.

Insane Titan
Black panthers action scence were boring as hell

Estacado
I enjoyed MOS...

When I saw BP in Civil War I was hyped about the solo movie.

BP is one of the most disappointing movies ever for me...

The overhype just makes it worse...

Darth Thor
I really enjoyed BP personally.

Wasnt your typical superhero film, was addressing sociopolitical issues at its heart, which gave the villain some depth.

Andy Serkis as Klaw was great albeit short lived. And the James Bond esque action sequence was great Imo.

Would not surprise me at all for BP to get Oscar buzz. Even though films like Infinity War (and even Venom) were much more comic booky fun.

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master

Krypton: we can build advanced spaceships that can cross galaxies!

Also Krypton: one of our scientists is able to hold his own against a man we bred specifically for combat.

Darth Thor
There was good world building in both tbh. But we got more of that in BP.

Impediment
Black Panther is a solid film, but it is so f*cking overrated.

Nibedicus

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Surtur
Krypton: we can build advanced spaceships that can cross galaxies!

Also Krypton: one of our scientists is able to hold his own against a man we bred specifically for combat.

I wonder if they made the prisoner ships penis-shaped to humiliate prisoners. I mean there is something to be said about a penis rocket being launched into a black hole.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.