Depa Billaba's Skill with Vaapad VS Mace's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheNuisanceBird
What is the full context of this quote? Is it implying that Billaba's skill with Vaapad is surpassing Mace's?

"On that day in Nar Shaddaa, she showed me blade work that surpassed my own; she had continued to grow and study and progress in Vaapad as well as the Force." - Shatterpoint

Is it just referring to that day?

Jaggarath
That's Mace's own POV, who notoriously underrates his powers and abilities while hyping up others.

NewGuy01
Yes, that is what that implies.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Jaggarath
That's Mace's own POV, who notoriously underrates his powers and abilities while hyping up others.

True. But I don't think his statements on Kenobi and Skywalker were illegitimate.

If anything Kenobi's the one that does that, notably with Shaak Ti lol

Tzeentch
The context is that it's an in-universe quote made by a fallible character. Its application is limited without substantiation from feats and out-of-universe accolades.

RealistRacism

Freedon Nadd
Everyone is above Sidious.

Vitiate
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Everyone is above Freedumb Nadd.

thumb up

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Tzeentch
The context is that it's an in-universe quote made by a fallible character. Its application is limited without substantiation from feats and out-of-universe accolades.

Ah one of the old users bringing long forgotten sense to the table.

AncientPower
Not even his main fandom either, tbh.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Vitiate
thumb up

You asked for it, my Lord.

Galan007
Originally posted by Vitiate
thumb up No more of this, please.

DarthCaedus77
Originally posted by Tzeentch

Sas
Yes, that is what that implies.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Jaggarath

Except for Anakin.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Except for Anakin.

He does call Anakin "arguably the most powerful Jedi alive" in the ROTS novel when conceding his own ego.

RealistRacism
Stover added that one in there for his admitted favourite character, Anakin (He says it's Obi-Wan in a different interview too, so he's senile). Out of character for Mace, but I guess you can do whatever you want in your own fanfic.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by RealistRacism
Stover added that one in there for his admitted favourite character, Anakin (He says it's Obi-Wan in a different interview too, so he's senile). Out of character for Mace, but I guess you can do whatever you want in your own fanfic.

He says Obi-Wan is his favorite character here:

https://youtu.be/Esf59wk1yFQ?t=193

Where does he say Anakin is his favorite? Even if it's bias it matches up with Lucas's intentions.

RealistRacism
It's not in a video interview, and you can find it yourself since I can't be bothered.

RealistRacism
Eh, nevermind. I guess it doesn't say 'favourite,' but he strongly identifies with the character at least.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2005/05/06/DI2005050600514.html?noredirect=on

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by RealistRacism
Eh, nevermind. I guess it doesn't say 'favourite,' but he strongly identifies with the character at least.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2005/05/06/DI2005050600514.html?noredirect=on

That doesn't indicate or I guess confirm favoritism. Either way the statements in the ROTS novel are completely valid.

RealistRacism
'Valid,' lol. Sure they are, when they don't contradict the movie.

Freedon Nadd
Are you quan using another account or Shooting Nova who was tired of stupidity and decided to go "aggressive" mode?

RealistRacism
Pretty sure Quan has never said anything blasphemous about Maul, and Nova is all about the Anakin wank.

Freedon Nadd
Who are you? You must be someone around here. Or one of those YouTubers. . .

RealistRacism
I'm Ziggy's dad

Rockydonovang
mace passed up on a killshot on depi beliaba like two moves in while he was injured as f. I think we can disregard it as his own self-doubt

Yee
"depi beliaba" is my favorite character thumb up

DarthCaedus77
He's a troll who's been banned multiple times on KMC and CV for insults.

RealistRacism
You turn pussies dry with that talk. Christ.

CuckedCurry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.