War on Terror-cost balloons to 6 trillion dollars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
With Afghanistan going into 17 years, Brown University put out a report that details America's imperialism overseas. Some of their findings are astounding

https://www.rt.com/usa/444019-war-terror-six-trillion/

https://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/

At what point do you think our debt/borrowing will become unsustainable?

Putinbot1
Isn't it already? The borrowing is already beyond pay back.

Flyattractor
I have no prob with money being sent to keep people safe and kill bad guys.

Sending Terrorists to Hell on a Rocket... MONEY WELL SPENT!!!!!!

Tzeentch
Yes but shouldn't you be more worried about all the money we're spending on poor people with welfare?

Flyattractor
nah. We can just ship them off to some other No borders Welfare Country. I hear Canada isn't all that cold anymore due to Climate Change, and I hear France will soon be putting up "Warning Poop On Streets" Signs.

The EU Empire will take em all! Cause they can't say NO cause...No Borders!

Easy FIX!

cdtm
Isn't imperialism any kind of control of another country? Including economic? (What is politics, if not control for the benefit of a narrow interest?)

By that standard, all our debtors are imperialists. evil face

Emperordmb
Imperialism is one of those words that has been ruined for me. Alongside "colonialism" "problematic" "deconstruct" "unpack" "diversity" "inclusivity" and "equity"

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Imperialism is one of those words that has been ruined for me. Alongside "colonialism" "problematic" "deconstruct" "unpack" "diversity" "inclusivity" and "equity" Too much Jordan Peterson has rotted your brain DMB.

dadudemon
Originally posted by carthage
With Afghanistan going into 17 years, Brown University put out a report that details America's imperialism overseas. Some of their findings are astounding

https://www.rt.com/usa/444019-war-terror-six-trillion/

https://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/

At what point do you think our debt/borrowing will become unsustainable?

I was talking to my brother about this last night.

Imagine what we could have done with $6 Trillion. Perhaps cure 95%+ of all forms of cancer?

Advanced bio-tech by 10-20 years further than we are, now?

Developed True AI?

There's so much absurd things we could have done in these 17 years with $6 Trillion. I know that I could have greatly changed humanity for the better with just $1 Trillion.

cdtm
Originally posted by dadudemon
I was talking to my brother about this last night.

Imagine what we could have done with $6 Trillion. Perhaps cure 95%+ of all forms of cancer?

Advanced bio-tech by 10-20 years further than we are, now?

Developed True AI?

There's so much absurd things we could have done in these 17 years with $6 Trillion. I know that I could have greatly changed humanity for the better with just $1 Trillion.

i agree.

The fact is, this pretty much proves just why government isn't fixing shite. That is some SERIOUS pork.

Surtur
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Imperialism is one of those words that has been ruined for me. Alongside "colonialism" "problematic" "deconstruct" "unpack" "diversity" "inclusivity" and "equity"

Not sure why the left loves killing words. Racism, nazi, fascist, sexist...have been robbed of most of their meaning by people too stupid to properly use them.

Silent Master
The government wasted a lot more than just 6 trillion dollars in the last 17 years. the system needs a major overhaul, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

quanchi112
Trump was so supposed to drain the swamp. Guess he lied. Shocking.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
Trump was so supposed to drain the swamp. Guess he lied. Shocking.

About a month after the election at some rally, he told his Cult that "drain the swamp" was basically just something catchy to say but had no real meaning.

He told them he duped them to their faces and they continued to clap and cheer. Though I will say, the clapping and cheering was a bit subdued compared to normal. So at least a few Trumpers realized they fell for the conman.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
About a month after the election at some rally, he told his Cult that "drain the swamp" was basically just something catchy to say but had no real meaning.

He told them he duped them to their faces and they continued to clap and cheer. Though I will say, the clapping and cheering was a bit subdued compared to normal. So at least a few Trumpers realized they fell for the conman. The Surts, the deadlines, the LoBs, and the flys of the universe.

Surtur
You can keep your doctor, not a smidgeon of corruption, my administration had no scandals.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur
You can keep your doctor, not a smidgeon of corruption, my administration had no scandals. Surt you fell for the con man.

Surtur
My favorite was Harry Reid lying about Mitt Romney and when confronted going "well...we won".

Good stuff! And of course democrats all over the country slammed him for it. I mean...if they didn't..it'd give them no right to ever whine over Trump lying.

Robtard
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Isn't it already? The borrowing is already beyond pay back.

Seems so:

As of October 28, 2018, debt held by the public was $15.8 trillion and intragovernmental holdings were $5.8 trillion, for a total or "National Debt" of $21.6 trillion. Debt held by the public was approximately 77% of GDP in 2017, ranked 43rd highest out of 207 countries. The Congressional Budget Office forecast in April 2018 that the ratio will rise to nearly 100% by 2028, perhaps higher if current policies are extended beyond their scheduled expiration date. As of December 2017, $6.3 trillion or approximately 45% of the debt held by the public was owned by foreign investors, the largest being China (about $1.18 trillion) then Japan (about $1.06 trillion). -wiki

quanchi112
My favorite was Harry Reid lying about Mitt Romney and when confronted going "well...we won".

Good stuff! And of course democrats all over the country slammed him for it. I mean...if they didn't..it'd give them no right to ever whine over Trump lying. You love this con man. You do not even care about him lying to you.

cdtm

Good stuff! And of course democrats all over the country slammed him for it. I mean...if they didn't..it'd give them no right to ever whine over Trump lying.

Ironically may be a rare case of honesty from a politician.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.