Criminal Justice Reform

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
How can we change the system to stop innocent people from going to jail, change the bail system from the racket it is and allow people who have changed be given a chance to do better, even for bad crimes other than cold-blooded murder, rape and vile disgusting behavior that cant be forgiven and introduced back into society.

Emperordmb
Decriminalize drugs, have civil asset forfeiture shut down on a Supreme Court level, continue to staunchly defend due process, and actually give a damn about the safety of people in prison.

dadudemon
Check out this amazing thread and write-up I did on this:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=648006

snowdragon
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Decriminalize drugs, have civil asset forfeiture shut down on a Supreme Court level, continue to staunchly defend due process, and actually give a damn about the safety of people in prison.

Let's also give them back the right to vote after they have served their time and paid for their crimes. They deserve the right to be a part of our society and culture without their previous stigmas, otherwise, why let them out of jail to begin with?

BackFire
Abolish for profit prisons. No one should be making money off of someone else being incarcerated, and if they are, it will inevitably lead to a conflict of interest.

Flyattractor
Well if we "Decriminalize" all Crimes.. We won't Need a Criminal System!

All Problems SOLVED!

Finally I can shoot all those A-Hats with Loud Car Stereos that drive by my house at 3AM....CAUSE IT WILL BE LEGAL!

WOOHOO!

Can't Wait!

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
Abolish for profit prisons. No one should be making money off of someone else being incarcerated, and if they are, it will inevitably lead to a conflict of interest.

That's the first step, most other changes would fall in line easier if there wasn't a profit to be made in keeping non-violent offenders locked away for unjust amounts of time.

BackFire
Also the whole idea of bail is retarded and should be done away with.

Robtard
Also the whole idea of bail is retarded and should be done away with.

Then we would have never had "Dog the Bounty Hunter". You monster.

BackFire
Dog the Bounty Hunter is a *****.

Flyattractor
Backfire should led by example and make KMC Rule Free. And Unban All those Unjustly punished by it.

SET KMC FREE!

BackFire
When Raz came back there was a push for Raz to unban a bunch of people, but he didn't. Raz is the only one who can, unfortunately.

But this place is rule free, you're still allowed to post here, after all. Despite all of your etc.

Flyattractor
Then why did CDTM get banned for 3 days if there are "No Rules"?

BackFire
I didn't ban him.

But trolling the anime forum or something. Only for a few days, though.

dadudemon
I didn't ban him.

But trolling the anime forum or something. Only for a few days, though.

thumb up

I'll do some investigating to see what drama he is causing in my safe-haven.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by dadudemon
thumb up

I'll do some investigating to see what drama he is causing in my safe-haven.

From what I saw it was him making the mistake of interacting with some of KMC's more easily "Butt Triggered" Posters.

True Crime if ever there was one.

Emperordmb
Oh yeah that's a good one too. Don't know how I forgot it.

Robtard
Oh yeah that's a good one too. Don't know how I forgot it.

Because you're a stoner who can't remember Jack or shit and Jack ran home.

About a year ago:

Originally posted by Robtard
Ending private for profit prisons would be a good start.

This is something I vehemently agree with Democrats on. Private prisons create a lobby in favor of people being in jail and that's a disgusting profit incentive to create.

BrolyBlack

What is your reasoning behind getting rid of private prisons? DO you think they treat inmates worse or are conditions worse there? I dont know much about the pros and cons.

Robtard
It's in the prison's best interest to keep people there longer, especially non-violent offenders as they pose less of a risk compared to violent offenders.

eg guy sent to prison for marijuana possession is a cash cow in the Prison for Profit industrial complex, as he's less likely to physically fight with other prisoners, attack guards or cause trouble in the general sense.

It's one of the likely reason shitty Jeff Sessions was for harsher sentences towards drug offenders, especially marijuana offenders and pro private prisons. $$$ for people he's in the pocket of.

Surtur

We need to make it so people with money do not have an advantage over people without money.

The affluenza teen shows this.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
We need to make it so people with money do not have an advantage over people without money.

I talked about the solution a long time ago with another poster.

AI Judges

No jury.

BackFire
Originally posted by Surtur

Yep, and getting rid of bail is a nice and easy first step, as it predominatly is a greater punishment for the poor than for the rich, who can pay their bail without issue, where as a poor person who has $200 in their bank account will either have to sit in jail while their trial is ongoing or go into debt in order not to do that.

TI: The arguments against for profit prisons are many. Simply put if someone is making money off of someone else being in prison, then that means the person making money will do what it takes to make sure that person in prison remains in prison for as long as possible, and that there are always people in their prison, even if that means people who don't really need to be there. They have lobbyists who go to great length to ensure that there is never a shortage of people going into prisons. The whole thing is just shitty and is devoid of the purpose that imprisonment should offer - justice and rehabilitation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.