Which canon SW comics would you suggest reading?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Total Warrior
Title says all. I'd like to expand my knowledge of the canon verse, right now I'm just reading monthly the Vader series, and I read some Doc Aphra's issues. Is there any canon comic series that's being released/or has been released already that you'd suggest?

RealistRacism
No, it's all garbage. Read Legends.

Total Warrior
Why there is no title Ahahahahahahah

Total Warrior
Originally posted by RealistRacism
No, it's all garbage. Read Legends. I know pretty much everything about legends though, I want mooooore

Galan007
What do you want the title to be? I'll add it.

Total Warrior

Galan007
I'd actually recommend the vast majority of canon comics, tbh. Most of them have been really good overall.

Read the primary Star Wars series(which is still ongoing), along with the first and second Darth Vader series for starters.

Freedon Nadd
Momin. Ommin. Really geniuses. :shrug:

Total Warrior
Originally posted by Galan007
I'd actually recommend the vast majority of canon comics, tbh. Most of them have been really good overall.

Read the primary Star Wars series(which is still ongoing), along with the first and second Darth Vader series for starters. great, thanks 🙏🏻

Darth Thor
Need to catch up on Star Wars comics. Because it's the only place I can get more of the real Luke in canon.

Rewatched TLJ over the weekend, and damn was it depressing how badly they were butchering Luke for most that film.

Only in the end sequence do we get some semblance of the real Luke Skywalker and mildly entertaining.

Only Mark Hamill's performance makes that film worth watching.

BazookaMaster
Most Canon comics are okay. They are the best Canon thing now, haha.

Darth Thor
^ Well we can thank Marvel for that.

I remember hearing an interview from one of the Vader comic writers, and it was really good. He really got the character and where he was in ANH to where he was going in ESB.

Galan007
The first Vader comic series is excellent, tbh.

Total Warrior
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Need to catch up on Star Wars comics. Because it's the only place I can get more of the real Luke in canon.

Rewatched TLJ over the weekend, and damn was it depressing how badly they were butchering Luke for most that film.

Only in the end sequence do we get some semblance of the real Luke Skywalker and mildly entertaining.

Only Mark Hamill's performance makes that film worth watching. yeah, wondered why Ryan thought having Luke being a pussy could be a good idea. If you want him and Snoke die in the same movie, why not have them fight in an epic duel ending in their mutual deaths?

Galan007
Luke's appearance would have been SO much better had he actually been there. The projection thing, while cool, was just a copout, imo.

relentless1
Vader series is a great read

Total Warrior

relentless1
yes the most recent one

|King Joker|

Darth Thor
Galan was referring to the previous one which takes place after ANH.

But even the new series is decent from the first few issues Ive read.

And yeah the Kanan comic was top. Forgot about that.

Originally posted by Galan007
Luke's appearance would have been SO much better had he actually been there. The projection thing, while cool, was just a copout, imo.

Was a bit annoying we will never see Canon Luke as a Jedi Master in combat.

That said at least Luke in that last part of the film actually felt like Luke.

Tzeentch
The characterization of Luke in TLJ has a lot of problems, but his lack of combat isn't one of them. Luke spent the entire film trying to point out that the galaxy is too complicated for every problem to be solved by just running at bad guys with your murder-stick and beating them into submission. It would have been gay for him throw those principles away at the end of the story just for the sake of fan service.

Darth Thor
Yeah the last part actually was Luke.

The same Luke who threw away his Lightsaber in front of the Emperor.

The rest of the film was not Luke. Having created this darksider, no attempt to reform him like he did Vader. Just hiding from his responsibilities. Thats not what a Jedi Master does.

And everything he went through to become a Jedi hes just throwing away by giving up on the Jedi. All because somebody else has turned to the dark side now. Except this time it was under his watch. Which just makes him a hypocrite for arguing with Old Ben about there still being good in Vader.

Ugh.

Sheev
The Maul comics were also good. Definitely need to read Vader though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.