Compare the Harry Potter films just to the first Star Wars trilogy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Which series is better and why? No Fb, no prequels, and no Disney Star Wars.

steverules_2
OT

/thread

quanchi112
Originally posted by steverules_2
OT

/thread Reasons why. What did you like better?

steverules_2
Originally posted by quanchi112
Reasons why. What did you like better?

I do like the Harry Potter films, but I just find the rewatch value of Star Wars better. I prefer the story, the acting, and the I loved all the characters. Love the old effects of the films also whats lefts anyway. I loved the lightsabre fights between Luke and Vader. Nothing for me in Harry Pottter beats ESB, love that film but overall I prefer Star Wars to potterverse.

quanchi112
Originally posted by steverules_2
I do like the Harry Potter films, but I just find the rewatch value of Star Wars better. I prefer the story, the acting, and the I loved all the characters. Love the old effects of the films also whats lefts anyway. I loved the lightsabre fights between Luke and Vader. Nothing for me in Harry Pottter beats ESB, love that film but overall I prefer Star Wars to potterverse. Ok, as much as I personally disagree I can respect that you gave me the reasons why you prefer Star Wars more.

Ps. I think the cinematic universe is the Wizarding World now. Easier than typing out Potterverse imo.

ares834
OT. No question.

I'd probably take the HP books over the OT though.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
OT. No question.

I'd probably take the HP books over the OT though. Why?

Flyattractor
OT/Thread.

WHY YOU ASK?

Because they are Better in both Story and character development. That and Star Wars wasn't aimed at Widdle Kids like the Harry Potter Series. I don't like Widdle Kid Shit.

This is just a Poorly Hidden Spite Thread anyway.

Darth Thor
OT hands down.

Superior Relationships, cliffhangers, surprises, emotional resonance, love story, range of characters, villains, heroes, action, imagination and overall storytelling.

Plus I always found HP just a little more kiddish.

Its great though a new 21st century generation had their own long lasting fantasy franchise. I know there was LOTR as well, but that feels to me like it was more of a short term thing.

quanchi112
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2017/4/13/15288998/george-lucas-star-wars-celebration

George Lucas reiterates Star Wars is for 12-year-olds, calls out mean critics

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/VelvetyFriendlyCrustacean-size_restricted.gif

Flyattractor
And harry potter is for 6 Year olds.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiIzPbiiuTeaJ9U3u/giphy.gif

Totally called this a a "Poorly Hidden Spite Thread"

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Young Anakin Choked his Pregnant Wife to Death, and She was carrying TWINS... So that makes VADER Twice as Evil!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/picture/YaJewBag/poster40328900.jpg

quanchi112
She lived. You did not even watch the film. Kenobi ordered him to stop and the little crybaby listened. Star Wars was for kids so try to not be so disgustingly ignorant from now on. You are so bereft of anything resembling an awareness of reality it is kind of scary.

WolvesofBabylon
Anakin murdered who knows how many younglings/padawans. The Empire slaughtered millions at least.

As for the question. OT easily. I like HP but most of the movies are forgettable and characters/story/impact of Star Wars is more impressive

quanchi112
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Anakin murdered who knows how many younglings/padawans. The Empire slaughtered millions at least.

As for the question. OT easily. I like HP but most of the movies are forgettable and characters/story/impact of Star Wars is more impressive No babies though. No infants were killed. Anakin got very upset and killed kids but he made no attempts on any infants. In war many die but to make a central point of the film about the antagonist trying to kill a baby really focuses on how irredeemable he is.

Groundbreaking sure due to the time period Star Wars came out but that is not the discussion. Harry Potter has forged its own place in pop culture across the globe in a far more competitive time.

We have far more character development in the Harry Potter series that Star Wars due to more screen time, character growth, and more perilous situations for the cast to evelve through. That is not even disputable either.

The Snape questions (which side is he on) and tragedy of his fate is something Star Wars cannot even remotely even come within close proximity. None of the good guys even die in the Ot. It is a really happy ending with the bad guy redeeming himself and his overlord killed in a truly kiddy ending.

When Potter ends you see how many of the heroes died and the ramifications. The characters are still reeling from the losses whereas Star Wars is pure celebration because the bad guys have been defeated. Luke even gets to see his father join the fallen Jedi to make it even feel sweeter.

Potter ironically ended up dealing with far more mature themes at the end than Star Wars. That is why I truly laugh at the fanboys who hide behind the kiddy argument when Star Wars is far more childlike at the end of the day.

Potter. Hands down. Superior in every single fathomable way.

Flyattractor
Anakin killed Sand People Infants in ATOC when he slaughtered that village when his mom died. He Killed Every last One of them. So there is that.

And No Nose Tried to Kill Baby Harry....and got his Butt kicked. SO there is that...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Anakin killed Sand People Infants in ATOC when he slaughtered that village when his mom died. He Killed Every last One of them. So there is that.

And No Nose Tried to Kill Baby Harry....and got his Butt kicked. SO there is that... Tgis is the Ot you moron. Who cares if he killed people who held his mom captive. She died. Reread the op you mental moron.

Voldemort is far more evil than any pretender from the Ot. As I said far more mature themes than fdabcing with Ewoks at the end of the film. laughing out loud

I thoroughly enjoy destroying fanboys and morons like fly.

Your arguments are pitiful.

Darth Thor
The fact that Vader turned out to be not only a former Jedi, but Luke's Father, made him a far more compelling villain. Like infinitely more.

There's a reason why "I AM YOUR FATHER" is one of the most iconic lines in cinema history. Voldemort really doesn't compare.

If you want someone just pure evil with no redeemable qualities, then the OT gave us The Emperor.

There's really no comparison on the villain side of things. The OT has the HP series beat by miles.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
The fact that Vader turned out to be not only a former Jedi, but Luke's Father, made him a far more compelling villain. Like infinitely more.

There's a reason why "I AM YOUR FATHER" is one of the most iconic lines in cinema history. Voldemort really doesn't compare.

If you want someone just pure evil with no redeemable qualities, then the OT gave us The Emperor.

There's really no comparison on the villain side of things. The OT has the HP series beat by miles. No, it made him redeemable. He redeemed himself like a truly conflicted weak villain. There was nothing in Voldemort to redeem. He rejected his humanity entirely and was far more evil than lukewarm Vader.

Due to the time it came out but that does not make it better. The films pale in comparison acting wise to Potter. It is not even close. In the first film the acting is atrocious and while it gets better is nowhere close to Potter quality.

The emperor was just a guy who showed up at the end with no real backstory. You can pretend they delved inti him but they did not. A 2d guy.

No, it is not close and Potter is by far meant for an older audience than Star Wars and the 12 years Lucas designed it for.

Voldemort>Sidious or Vader. Not even close.

WolvesofBabylon
Most of HP is forgettable honestly.

Impediment
The OT stands the test of time. Proof of what one man and his vision can accomplish.

HP is over-marketed, overhyped, and mostly forgettable.

quanchi112
Most of HP is forgettable honestly. Terrible argument tbh. Plus if it was so forgettable we would not have it in thriving in our pop culture to this day.

It is deeper, better acting, have more than a basic and kid like view of our antagonists, and far better special effects with an adult like ending not Ewoks roasting marshmallows lovin life.

WolvesofBabylon
Terrible argument tbh. Plus if it was so forgettable we would not have it in thriving in our pop culture to this day.

It is deeper, better acting, have more than a basic and kid like view of our antagonists, and far better special effects with an adult like ending not Ewoks roasting marshmallows lovin life.

Star Wars, LOTR, MCU.. All better Universes compared to Potter. As for being Deeper, you are comparing 8 films with roughly 20 hours of film time to Star Wars 6 hours so I would hope you are able to carve out a little more detail.

And yet with triple the amount of run time. Still pretty forgettable. I dont even remember the ending of Harry Potter. I couldnt tell you how Voldemort dies off the top of my head.

quanchi112
Star Wars, LOTR, MCU.. All better Universes compared to Potter. As for being Deeper, you are comparing 8 films with roughly 20 hours of film time to Star Wars 6 hours so I would hope you are able to carve out a little more detail.

And yet with triple the amount of run time. Still pretty forgettable. I dont even remember the ending of Harry Potter. I couldnt tell you how Voldemort dies off the top of my head. So now it is unfair is it? Awwww, you know characters never really get too deep.

MCU is the best but this has always been the greatest lore of any property.

Iyo not mine. Star Wars is very superficial but hey if that is what you love it can work. You are not a Wizarding World fan but Star Wars has been altered so much it is amusing to watch the hardcore fans openly sob over Lucas alterations with the Noooooooooooo. I loved that it hurt the fanboys of an overrated trilogy that is just nostalgic based. Poorly acted, thin characters, basic plot, happy ending nonsense. It is nowhere near the quality of Harry Potter. Just try not to be ruled by your nostalgic feelings and try to be a little objective.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Impediment
The OT stands the test of time. Proof of what one man and his vision can accomplish.

HP is over-marketed, overhyped, and mostly forgettable.

Yeah. I have seen all the movies (on TV, really glad I didn't give them any money) and barring a few scenes...I can't recall hardly anything about them.
They were fun but def made for kids stuff...which I wouldn't have liked even when I was a kid.

quanchi112
Yeah. I have seen all the movies (on TV, really glad I didn't give them any money) and barring a few scenes...I can't recall hardly anything about them.
They were fun but def made for kids stuff...which I wouldn't have liked even when I was a kid. Star Wars is definitely more for kids than the later Potter films. Lucas even says for 12 year olds. You can continue to be delusional but I will rub your nose in the facts.

Kiddy stuff.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-10-2014/0SnClZ.gif

laughing out loud

Flyattractor
And shortly after that scene we saw the ewoks going into battle with the Empire where they suffered huge causalities. https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/dead-ewok.gif

And they didn't have a "Get out of Death Spell" Like Harry did in his movies.

So there is that.

quanchi112
And shortly after that scene we saw the ewoks going into battle with the Empire where they suffered huge causalities. https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/dead-ewok.gif

And they didn't have a "Get out of Death Spell" Like Harry did in his movies.

So there is that. So since Ewoks died they still get a pg rating. Bambis mom died you idiot. What was its rating? wink

Pg13>Pg.

Moron.

Return of the Jedi
PG 1983 ‧ Fantasy/Science Fiction ‧ 2h 16m

Flyattractor
Back in the day where there WASN'T a PG 13 rating. Back when you could get kind of Hardcore Under a G Rating. Unlike the moosh of your opinion. Movie Ratings Systems do change over time.

Learn some History Munchink.

quanchi112
Back in the day where there WASN'T a PG 13 rating. Back when you could get kind of Hardcore Under a G Rating. Unlike the moosh of your opinion. Movie Ratings Systems do change over time.

Learn some History Munchink. It was a pg film. Lucas agreed it is for 12 year olds. Your sunk, loser. Kiddy stuff you love. I have the creator stating it is for kids under 13. I love rubbing your old and lonely face in facts.

Facts>flys imagination.

Trocity
I grew up with both, its kind of a toss up for me, I love both. I would give the edge to the OT only because I like the SW universe as a whole more than the HP universe. The HP books are also much better than the movies, whereas the OT novels suck.

And yeah, Star wars has been altered so much, sometimes for the better but a lot of the time for the worse. As bad as it has gotten though from time to time, there still isn't a Star Wars novel or show/movie that is as bad as Cursed Child.

Flyattractor
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2017/4/13/15288998/george-lucas-star-wars-celebration

Eh. He said that when he was in full on Grumpy Old Man Grandpa Mode. Which came after his "I made Phantom Menace for muh Grandkids Bullshit" So yeah...Its a Crap Argument.

Darth Thor
Star Wars, LOTR, MCU.. All better Universes compared to Potter.

As someone who isnt too big on LOTR or the original HP series, it does seem to me the HP craze carried on whereas the LOTR craze seemed very temporary (to me personally), even through the Hobbit trilogy.

quanchi112
Eh. He said that when he was in full on Grumpy Old Man Grandpa Mode. Which came after his "I made Phantom Menace for muh Grandkids Bullshit" So yeah...Its a Crap Argument. When the creator says it was made for kids, the ratings board gave it a pg in my corner whereas Fly says huh uh in his corner. You do not have an argument. Two sources on my side whereas your goofy ass just closes his eyes and pretends reality is wrong. This is why you are a loser and sad loser. I had you at George Lucas, dummy.

Darth Thor
Everyone know Star Wars was aimed at 12 year olds. But much like the HP series they allow it to go darker and more grown up as it progresses, because those same 12 year olds are 18 by the last one.

That said the HP series just got too kiddish at times (FOR ME PERSONALLY).

quanchi112
Everyone know Star Wars was aimed at 12 year olds. But much like the HP series they allow it to go darker and more grown up as it progresses, because those same 12 year olds are 18 by the last one.

That said the HP series just got too kiddish at times (FOR ME PERSONALLY). Except Fly and others like wolves who had to be shown that Star Wars is far more childish than Harry Potter especially the later films.

Harry Potter gets much darker than any Star Wars film to date by the end of the series. Not even really debatable. The original Star Wars trilogy was not even that dark at any point imo. Funny thing is all the heroes survive in a true happy ending. Voldemort reeked much more havoc on the good guys in Harry Potter than Vader or Sidious.

Darth Thor
They both get darker, as they both followed the same principle of "the kids who watched the first films, are adults by the end of the series".

I dunno ROTS and ESB were pretty dark, but I've not seen Deathly Hallows yet. Plan to watch both films over the weekend. So I will see then just how dark it gets.

But point is it was hard for me to even get there because of the kiddish stuff. Things like talking envelopes with lips just takes me out of it - ME PERSONALLY. Fantastic Beasts is also aimed at 12 year olds, I find the overall tone just more watchable. Might also be to do with the fact that the main characters are all kids for most of the HP series.

quanchi112
They both get darker, as they both followed the same principle of "the kids who watched the first films, are adults by the end of the series".

I dunno ROTS and ESB were pretty dark, but I've not seen Deathly Hallows yet. Plan to watch both films over the weekend. So I will see then just how dark it gets.

But point is it was hard for me to even get there because of the kiddish stuff. Things like talking envelopes with lips just takes me out of it - ME PERSONALLY. Fantastic Beasts is also aimed at 12 year olds, I find the overall tone just more watchable. Might also be to do with the fact that the main characters are all kids for most of the HP series. Harry Potter gets much darker and at the end they are not partying with Ewoks.

So you have yet to see the darkest films ffs. The films have been out for how many years so just as I thought. You are no fan. Just a casual movie goer with the franchise.

You cannot really even say since in your ignorance you have not seen the darkest of the films. You are just a casual movie goer here not even equipped to address this topic due to your own admitted lack of knowledge.

Darth Thor
^ Thats great. I am expecting Quintin Tarantino style torture now the way you are going on about it.

I have already explained that I get the series is supposed to get darker as it goes along. That said I have seen 75% of the series and just found it too kiddish to really get into myself - PERSONALLY. Star Wars was never at those level of kiddishness for ME (save perhaps TPM with Jar Jar and 10year old Anakin in lead roles). But nicely balanced by the politics and Sith happenings for me.

Fantastic Beasts is more for me.

quanchi112
^ Thats great. I am expecting Quintin Tarantino style torture now the way you are going on about it.

I have already explained that I get the series is supposed to get darker as it goes along. That said I have seen 75% of the series and just found it too kiddish to really get into myself - PERSONALLY.

Fantastic Beasts is more for me. It is pg13 not R but it does not have to be Tarantino to be darker than kids films.

You missed the two darkest entries in the franchise. You dqd yourself from the discussion.

Well FB is very good at this point but it pales in comparison to Harry Potter but you never really liked the original series only made more evident by failing to see the final two films to this day.

Darth Thor
It is pg13 not R but it does not have to be Tarantino to be darker than kids films.

You missed the two darkest entries in the franchise. You dqd yourself from the discussion.

Well FB is very good at this point but it pales in comparison to Harry Potter but you never really liked the original series only made more evident by failing to see the final two films to this day.

The way you are hyping saying Empire and Sith are no where close as dark I am expecting as close to rated R Stuff as possible.

Not really. It shows my enjoyment of the franchise pales compared to my enjoyment of Star Wars.

Yes I have already said HP was fine but I was never a big fan. You are very strange the way you think you are insulting me by confirming things I have already admitted.

quanchi112
The way you are hyping saying Empire and Sith are no where close as dark I am expecting as close to rated R Stuff as possible.

Not really. It shows my enjoyment of the franchise pales compared to my enjoyment of Star Wars.

Yes I have already said HP was fine but I was never a big fan. You are very strange the way you think you are insulting me by confirming things I have already admitted. Esb is not that dark. No one dies ffs. Sith is dark but I still feel the tone of the final two deathly hallows is much darker despite the order 66.

If you have not even seen them 5 years after you just do not care. You are a casual fan who just watched the original Fb recently. I have been hardcore for years and see these films immediately.

You are just a casual fan it is ok to admit it. This is not your thing. I was right when I called you casual it is even worse since even they have seen the final two films. I get into much things than you do. It is ok to be Star Wars minded only. Just admit it and try to hold your head high.

quanchi112
Im not gonna derail this thread anymore, but jeez you are delusional. “Always been 2 sides” facepalm

You are the only one denying TFA copies the OT. Jar Jar Abrams has himself admitted it. Not that we need his admission for what is blatant in our faces.

The new trilogy is the same old reinvented. It lacks creativity and has failed to excite a new generation.

No, you are just stupid. I never said it does not copy certain aspects or similarities you claimed it was a complete rehash. It is not. I decimated your points but you tend to concede or just throw in the towel pretty quickly. You lack passion, you lack focus, you lack drive I am guessing not just on kmc but it pervades every aspect of your life.

It is not a complete rehash despiteyour hatred of the latest trilogy.

Rian Johnson went way off the grid and was criticized for it. So do not give me that the fanbase is spoiled, self entitled, and thinks it is cool to rage against Star Wars. It is so toxic it has turned some of the actors and even other directors away from this aura of negativity.

I tore your post to shreds you failed to address it so do what you always do just lay down like the weakling I know you to be.

You still disgust me not seeing the final two Desthly Hallows trying to masquerade as a fan. Begone.

WolvesofBabylon
Not worth watching the last two honestly. Never should have been split into two movies

Darth Thor
1)you claimed it was a complete rehash. It is not.

2)You still disgust me not seeing the final two Desthly Hallows trying to masquerade as a fan.

1)You are the only retard who thinks that and cant see the obvious Abrams blatantly put in your face. And which he even admitted lmao

2) Hah! Youve already been called out on your insecure accusations. Stop making an ass out of yourself.

Whats hilariously disgraceful is you hating on the OT and then jumping wagon onto the OT Worshipping ST.

What utter fools Disney have made out of you.

Not worth watching the last two honestly. Never should have been split into two movies

Thats a shame. So they ruined the finale Hunger Games style? Planning to watch over the weekend anyway, as ive put it off for far too long. Also I want to understand the connections to Fantastic Beasts better.

quanchi112
Not worth watching the last two honestly. Never should have been split into two movies The critics, rotten tomatoes, and the box office say otherwise.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_part_1/

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_part_2_2011

quanchi112
1)You are the only retard who thinks that and cant see the obvious Abrams blatantly put in your face. And which he even admitted lmao

2) Hah! Youve already been called out on your insecure accusations. Stop making an ass out of yourself.

Whats hilariously disgraceful is you hating on the OT and then jumping wagon onto the OT Worshipping ST.

What utter fools Disney have made out of you.

Thats a shame. So they ruined the finale Hunger Games style? Planning to watch over the weekend anyway, as ive put it off for far too long. Also I want to understand the connections to Fantastic Beasts better. 1) I said similarities but you ignore the differences.

I offered to put my money where my mouth is with the pic off but you expectedly backed down.

I love Disney Wars not the Ot. Think for yourself you ignorant baboon.

So you even believe wolves and doubt the great potter finale. Begone you fake even less than casual fan. You disgust me.

Darth Thor
1) I said similarities

Concession accepted.

Now quit trolling.

but you ignore the differences.

The fact that you need to point out differences says everything.

You've lost. Quit the trolling and spamming every thread with your butthurt.

I've called you out on your idiocy of hating the OT then jumping wagon onto the OT worshipping ST. And then hating Vader and jumping wagon onto Vader worshipping villains. Be a man, accept you've been called out and move on.

WolvesofBabylon
The critics, rotten tomatoes, and the box office say otherwise.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_part_1/

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_part_2_2011

I was unaware my opinion on movies needs to be in line with Rotten Tomatoes. In my opinion it was not necessary to split into two movies.The ratings you show kind of reflect that being Part 1 was at 78% and part teo was 96%. It would have been better as one movie. It was a cash grab and thats fine but it took away from the overall quality. The truth is the final movie in most of these franchises is usually not the best one.

I liked the Harry Potter movies but to me they have little to no rewatch value and are largely forgettable.

Darth Thor

I liked the Harry Potter movies but to me they have little to no rewatch value and are largely forgettable.

Yeah same.

quanchi112
Concession accepted.

Now quit trolling.

No, since I never denied there were similarities your point was a replica. You are wrong. I broke your points down and you never responded. You conceded then. Quit crying over your inability to offer a rebuttal. You lost I won.

No, pointing out what separates them proves my case you idiot. Only you would say offering evidence shows I lost. What planet are you from? Mars?

I have explained the differences and the superiority in the newer films. You cannot handle it, bigot. It actually causes your lemming brain panic. Kylo evolved past Vader when he smashed the mask. Let the past go. Kylo is superior to Vader by farrrrrrr. Your points were shredded.

quanchi112
I was unaware my opinion on movies needs to be in line with Rotten Tomatoes. In my opinion it was not necessary to split into two movies.The ratings you show kind of reflect that being Part 1 was at 78% and part teo was 96%. It would have been better as one movie. It was a cash grab and thats fine but it took away from the overall quality. The truth is the final movie in most of these franchises is usually not the best one.

I liked the Harry Potter movies but to me they have little to no rewatch value and are largely forgettable. All movies are cash grabs you dolt. What company in Hollywood makes big budget fantasy films without a profit in mind?

You see the money both made and the final score of the final film bring amazing with the first parter in very good territory. That is a huge win and pleased the fans. I love they split it up and gave us more material. You are not even a fan so of course you want less.

The majority and the profits decimate your apathetic self.

WolvesofBabylon
All movies are cash grabs you dolt. What company in Hollywood makes big budget fantasy films without a profit in mind?

You see the money both made and the final score of the final film bring amazing with the first parter in very good territory. That is a huge win and pleased the fans. I love they split it up and gave us more material. You are not even a fan so of course you want less.

The majority and the profits decimate your apathetic self.

Cash grab meaning they sacrificed making a good movie to just make more money. You can make money and still be a good movie.

Nice to see you are a mindless sheep that just agrees with the majority and what the box office says. Saying Im not a fan is not an insult. Maybe if the movies were not so forgettable Id be a bigger fan.

Darth Thor
Just seen them, and yeah last one was a disappointing ending IMO.

I actually found Part 1 much more entertaining tbh.

Voldemort was pretty disappointing. Grindelwald is already a more entertaining villain.

quanchi112
Cash grab meaning they sacrificed making a good movie to just make more money. You can make money and still be a good movie.

Nice to see you are a mindless sheep that just agrees with the majority and what the box office says. Saying Im not a fan is not an insult. Maybe if the movies were not so forgettable Id be a bigger fan. Iyo not mine. The movies were faviragle and the final film which was split got even better reviews. Both were great imo and made tons of cash so a wise decision.

No, I have my own opinion but when I agree with the quality and the box office and general consensus matches up you are just a hater. That is fine you did not care for the films but i loved the later films.

Voldemort is one of the greatest villains of all time. This series was magical.

Flyattractor
The movies were faviragle.

eek!

Dr Will Hatch
I like Harry Potter, but come the f.uck on man, Star Wars OT.

The thing about the Potter movies is that for the most part you can't really enjoy or understand them completely unless you've read the books. They don't stand on their own as a piece, and the only film that had a real unique cinematic vision to it was Prisoner of Azkaban. The Star Wars movies, even the shitty prequels and The Last Jedi, all feel like they come from a director with a very strong point of view and can be understood without outside context.

Dr Will Hatch
Voldemort is also boring as hell as a villain. He doesn't have 1% of the charisma or menace that Vader, Palpatine, Tarkin, or even Jabba the Hutt have.

quanchi112
Just seen them, and yeah last one was a disappointing ending IMO.

I actually found Part 1 much more entertaining tbh.

Voldemort was pretty disappointing. Grindelwald is already a more entertaining villain. Jaw saw them. I despise the idiots out there who do not know when to use the words saw or seen properly in a sentence.

Oh looky you liked the first film better that wolves thought was trash so that supports my opinions vary stance.

Iyo not mine. Grindelwald will never have the impact nor even be considered the darkest wizard of his own franchise. You are free to enjoy the queer dark wizard but make no mistake he is the weakling Voldemort forces to tell him the location of the elder wand.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Voldemort is also boring as hell as a villain. He doesn't have 1% of the charisma or menace that Vader, Palpatine, Tarkin, or even Jabba the Hutt have. Iyo not mine. Vader in the end died a hero sohe was a misguided and used villain. He was someone you pitied since we see how utterly broken and used by his old master he truly was. Voldemort scared an entire world of fictional wizards who all had the same skill sets. How utterly amazing is that feat, truly. In Star Wars less than one percent have access to the force so it is easier to stand out with those capabilities.

At the end of the day the Sith Lords of the Ot would fear a confrontation with the darkest wizard of all time, Voldemort.

Ps. Your opinion is rather terrible tbh.

WolvesofBabylon
Jaw saw them. I despise the idiots out there who do not know when to use the words saw or seen properly in a sentence.

Oh looky you liked the first film better that wolves thought was trash so that supports my opinions vary stance.

Iyo not mine. Grindelwald will never have the impact nor even be considered the darkest wizard of his own franchise. You are free to enjoy the queer dark wizard but make no mistake he is the weakling Voldemort forces to tell him the location of the elder wand.

I thought they both were let downs not just the first one.

quanchi112
I thought they both were let downs not just the first one. As I said you just did not care for the films but you are in the minority. Opinions varied and the films were a massive success. I proved my stance but in the end you did not care for the films which is fine. I loved the later films. The company made the right choice as a business to split the films.

Darth Thor
Jaw saw them. I despise the idiots out there who do not know when to use the words saw or seen properly in a sentence.

Wow talk about a meltdown.

quanchi112
Wow talk about a meltdown. No, I just gave you a verbal lashing. You took it like Snape took it from Voldemort.

Flyattractor
Potter is Tired Old Franchise. It should Die and Go away.

quanchi112
Potter is Tired Old Franchise. It should Die and Go away. It still banks. This is not Gb. Still great and made more than 3 films in 30 years. Theme parks, etc. fantastic franchise.

Flyattractor
Not banking as previous movie. Kill It.

quanchi112
Not banking as previous movie. Kill It. It is. Fb was a train wreck and did not turn a profit. Your tantrums are childish. I enjoy your sobbing.

gold slorg
As far as movies alone go, HP > Star Wars. More mature themes, deeper characters. Original Trilogy was just a spark that started the fire, honestly it's hard to defend characters quality and plot maturity to HP, lol.

On the other hand, as far as their universes go, I much prefer SW due to insane scale and having basically everything possible, drama, comedy, mature, dark things, lighthearted comedy stuff, epic adventures, politics. SW expanded universe is greater to me since it has every shade possible, like an alternate unvierse literally.

Movies alone, yeah, HP trumps.

quanchi112
Originally posted by gold slorg
As far as movies alone go, HP > Star Wars. More mature themes, deeper characters. Original Trilogy was just a spark that started the fire, honestly it's hard to defend characters quality and plot maturity to HP, lol.

On the other hand, as far as their universes go, I much prefer SW due to insane scale and having basically everything possible, drama, comedy, mature, dark things, lighthearted comedy stuff, epic adventures, politics. SW expanded universe is greater to me since it has every shade possible, like an alternate unvierse literally.

Movies alone, yeah, HP trumps. Hilarious thing was you had Star Wars fanboys arguing Star Wars was more adult than Potter. Idiots and deluded fanboys of the highest order. Bart you and I are objective and can be reasonable. It is ok for Potter to be more mature than Wars but the insecure manbabies cannot stand it and have to pout.

quanchi112
Potter won. Hands down.

Flyattractor
No, it made him redeemable. He redeemed himself like a truly conflicted weak villain. There was nothing in Voldemort to redeem. He rejected his humanity entirely and was far more evil than lukewarm Vader.

Due to the time it came out but that does not make it better. The films pale in comparison acting wise to Potter. It is not even close. In the first film the acting is atrocious and while it gets better is nowhere close to Potter quality.

The emperor was just a guy who showed up at the end with no real backstory. You can pretend they delved inti him but they did not. A 2d guy.

No, it is not close and Potter is by far meant for an older audience than Star Wars and the 12 years Lucas designed it for.

Voldemort>Sidious or Vader. Not even close.

Ya know what other "Big Bad" has been "Redeemed" before?

https://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/6/00/537bc6a21256d.jpg

....yep.

quanchi112
Ya know what other "Big Bad" has been "Redeemed" before?

https://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/6/00/537bc6a21256d.jpg

....yep. Thanos has layers but he still is a villain unlike Vader at his core. Vaser was manipulated by his old terribly postured master Sidious.

Keep to the topic.

Flyattractor
Ok. For Old Vorty.... there is really only 1 thing that is MEMORABLE about him.....and that is this....

https://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6vtqqMi1F1rac898o1_500.jpg

quanchi112
You did not care for the dark wizard that is fine. I think he is truly the greatest dark wizard of all time. None of the original Star Wars villains did anything for me personally. Weak, effeminate villains.

Flyattractor
Volde also rode around on a guys back and got blowed up when he TRIED to kill a baby.

Lol!

Funny stuff.

quanchi112
Volde also rode around on a guys back and got blowed up when he TRIED to kill a baby.

Lol!

Funny stuff. Context. The idea he murdered a babys parents and her death created a magical protection is one great explanation provided and spawned one of the greatest movie franchises of all time. A deep series in which we saw kids grow into their roles before our very eyes. A truly evil villain whose explanation makes complete sense as to why he is so friendless and despicable. Great time to be alive as a nerd.

Flyattractor
Overly Simplyfied and Childish Concepts handled quickly and messily.

Movies are made SOLELY for Kids.

End of story

quanchi112
Overly Simplyfied and Childish Concepts handled quickly and messily.

Movies are made SOLELY for Kids.

End of story Nah, that was Star Wars though. Silly when you watch them now to think they were for a mature audience. Just kid films but fantasy wise touched something in that time frame that still lives on due to Disney.

Nah, you can continue to ignore the ratings, the creators own statements but this is the very reason you will not only fail here but every aspect of your life your emotions. If you enjoy Star Wars better that is fine but to lie and pretend Star Wars for a more mature audience than Harry Potter you are just being an idiot.

Flyattractor
Just remind me... You were a "GROWN ADULT" when the Potter movies came out....right?

quanchi112
Just remind me... You were a "GROWN ADULT" when the Potter movies came out....right? Yes and the films especially the later ones dealt with far more complexities, mature tone, and darkness than any Ot Star Wars film. The ratings board and George Lucas agrees. Let go of your silly trumpian feelings.

Flyattractor
And Off topic now with Personal Political Insutls.

That and there was no PG13 when the Star Wars Movies came out...so....

quanchi112
And Off topic now with Personal Political Insutls.

That and there was no PG13 when the Star Wars Movies came out...so.... George lucas said they were for 12 year olds. 12 is not 13. As I said I covered this. Kids films. If you think these were dark you need your head examined.

Flyattractor
I don't think the Star Wars Films are "Dark".

And I KNOW the Potter moves are Not "Dark" either.

That is just nonsense overlyenthusiastic dill weeds imply when trying to sound GROWN Up when talking about a movie with silly stuff like the Potter Flicks.

quanchi112
I don't think the Star Wars Films are "Dark".

And I KNOW the Potter moves are Not "Dark" either.

That is just nonsense overlyenthusiastic dill weeds imply when trying to sound GROWN Up when talking about a movie with silly stuff like the Potter Flicks. The later Harry Potter films are dark. Are they horror films no but they are hands down darker than movies intended for 12 year olds.

You are wrong. It is ok that Star Wars are kids films you did not know were made for children. How old are you? How could you not know this.

Flyattractor
I know that heirmoney didn't grow up hot.

quanchi112
I know that heirmoney didn't grow up hot. So you concede the debate. I knew you were gutless.

Flyattractor
So you are taking the Delusional Route again ...and already.

Sad Quancher...Sad.

quanchi112
So you are taking the Delusional Route again ...and already.

Sad Quancher...Sad. You refused to debate therefore you lost. I had you at George. You tried to cry about kids films but in the end took the L.

Flyattractor
George said that when He was old. And as an adult I find Adult Women Sexy.

You on the other hand......

quanchi112
George said that when He was old. And as an adult I find Adult Women Sexy.

You on the other hand...... George has his wits but since the rating is pg and he confirmed it is for 12 years olds whereas your defense is truly trumpian. Nothing to back your idiocy.

Flyattractor
I saw the Prequels. George gave us THIS...

http://cdn.ndtv.com/tech/images/gadgets/jar_jar_binks.jpg

So I won't be putting that much STOCK in to Old man Georgie's Wits.
Unless we can put a NIT in front of them...

And there WAS no PG 13 in 1977 or 1980. That didn't show up till 1984.

So your Movie Rating Argument is Total BULLSHIT!

And People LIE! So... yeah. And after Phantom Menace turned out to be a Total Stinker... I can see why he would try to cover up for it.

quanchi112
I saw the Prequels. George gave us THIS...

http://cdn.ndtv.com/tech/images/gadgets/jar_jar_binks.jpg

So I won't be putting that much STOCK in to Old man Georgie's Wits.
Unless we can put a NIT in front of them...

And there WAS no PG 13 in 1977 or 1980. That didn't show up till 1984.

So your Movie Rating Argument is Total BULLSHIT!

And People LIE! So... yeah. And after Phantom Menace turned out to be a Total Stinker... I can see why he would try to cover up for it. So a guy who gave you the Ots does not grasp what audience he made the films for. Just stop. Your points get more ridiculous.

He already said he made the films for 12 year olds. Find me one source that says the films were created for 13 year olds. Your nonsense is fox news worthy. This is why people say facts matter not your feelings. You should be ashamed.

Flyattractor
If it wasn't for the efforts of others. The OTS would probably have gone down in flames.... much like the Preqs when Georgie was held back by NO ONE!

And I thought You were adamant that he made the movies for 12 year olds...NOT 13 year olds.

Make your mind up...or is this your senility talking? What with you being such a Mature Person and all.

quanchi112
If it wasn't for the efforts of others. The OTS would probably have gone down in flames.... much like the Preqs when Georgie was held back by NO ONE!

And I thought You were adamant that he made the movies for 12 year olds...NOT 13 year olds.

Make your mind up...or is this your senility talking? What with you being such a Mature Person and all. Georges own words and the rating supports it. You have off topic rants and incoherent statements like trump on your side.

Now you cannot even make sense and have conceded the point once again.

Flyattractor
Now see. That is an exaple of a LIE!

You Say they are Rants.

That is a LIE!!!!!!!!!!

And I saw the Potter Later Flicks with the PG 13 rating.. Started with what Goblet?

I didn't see anything in them to rate that. Sure it was full of Silly Melodrama, but nothing really rating a Adult Rating. They were straight up Kid flicks.

Flyattractor
Good examples of how messed up and pointless Movie Ratings can be. Especially in today's overley sensetive fee fee dorks...

h0yVqM3bzTM

quanchi112
Now see. That is an exaple of a LIE!

You Say they are Rants.

That is a LIE!!!!!!!!!!

And I saw the Potter Later Flicks with the PG 13 rating.. Started with what Goblet?

I didn't see anything in them to rate that. Sure it was full of Silly Melodrama, but nothing really rating a Adult Rating. They were straight up Kid flicks. Exaple of LIE? Rage typing.

The ratings company matters not some retard who thinks Star Wars are not for kids. You are just a loser who does not matter. No one has to appeal to losers they are the ratings body not you.

More mature than films for 12 year olds. George and the ratings system destroys your feelings. Keep on ranting incoherently like trump.

laughing out loud

Flyattractor
Star Wars is for Everybody. You are the one saying different and the only one here that is having Emotional Issues. Hence your Trump Derangement Syndrome poking is head into this "Debate".

quanchi112
Star Wars is for Everybody. You are the one saying different and the only one here that is having Emotional Issues. Hence your Trump Derangement Syndrome poking is head into this "Debate". It can be but it was designed for kids and up. 12 and up according to Lucas but again this is not even what you are arguing. Your incoherence makes a discussion impossible to have since you do not seem to grasp anything.

Potter is more mature with far deeper characters than Han Solo and Chewbacca.

laughing out loud

Take the L.

Flyattractor
Ha Solo and Chewbacca= Fun.

Harry Potter = lazy melodrama for kids.

And whats her face that wrote the Potter Books. Her Level of kooKooforCoCoPuffs is Way Higher Then Georgies.

quanchi112
Ha Solo and Chewbacca= Fun.

Harry Potter = lazy melodrama for kids.

And whats her face that wrote the Potter Books. Her Level of kooKooforCoCoPuffs is Way Higher Then Georgies. Kiddy fun,sure. Not maturity which is what we are debating you idiot. Your opinion does not alter the fact Star Wars was designed for kids 12 and under.

The rest is more nonsense from a lonely idiot named fly who types in green font.

Flyattractor
Which really just points out how you Cherry Picked out one line of Dialogue that Georgie said. Here is what He said in a Vid.

THKzwzieF40

Yes. He Says they are for 12 year olds,and that the movies have Pshcyoligcal Issues in them, and that they are to ALSO HELP those 12 year old Grow Up. Stop ACTING like a 12 year old and Mature.

SOmething YOU Have NOT Done!

Hence your voting Democrat only.

Ha Ha!

quanchi112
Which really just points out how you Cherry Picked out one line of Dialogue that Georgie said. Here is what He said in a Vid.

THKzwzieF40

Yes. He Says they are for 12 year olds,and that the movies have Pshcyoligcal Issues in them, and that they are to ALSO HELP those 12 year old Grow Up. Stop ACTING like a 12 year old and Mature.

SOmething YOU Have NOT Done!

Hence your voting Democrat only.

Ha Ha! You cannot even spell the word. laughing out loud

I never said they did not have psychological issues in them but they are still intended for 12 year olds and above. Potter deals with more mature and psychological issues than these three Star Wars films.

You have a sub high school level intelligence level. Did you drop out?

Flyattractor
You cannot even spell the word. laughing out loud

I never said they did not have psychological issues in them but they are still intended for 12 year olds and above. Potter deals with more mature and psychological issues than these three Star Wars films.

You have a sub high school level intelligence level. Did you drop out?

No . You said they were just Dumb Kid Stuff.

You just Lied and tried to cover it up.

I accept your conceding.

smokin'

quanchi112
No . You said they were just Dumb Kid Stuff.

You just Lied and tried to cover it up.

I accept your conceding.

smokin' 12 year olds and above. That is not really much if it can dealt with by Simone not even in high school. Your stupidity keeps reading its ugly head.

Potter deals with more mature issues than the Ot Star Wars. I accept your concession while duly noting your stupidity.

Flyattractor
YOu said they were ONLY for 12 year olds.

You were Lying and also WRONG!

Conceding and incompetence.

You do both so well.

quanchi112
YOu said they were ONLY for 12 year olds.

You were Lying and also WRONG!

Conceding and incompetence.

You do both so well. Your sheer stupidity is something for the ages. No movie is ever intended for one single age alone. To even think that is what I meant shows a real lack of comprehension to the point that begs the question. Do you know what comprehension means?

No, they were made for kids 12 and up. You only have to be 12 to handle the psychological issues contained with the film unless you are an idiot like fly. I bet you cannot handle any of it but you are a mental midget.

Flyattractor
No movie is ever intended for one single age alone..

That part is DEF NOT TRUE!

Lots of Movies are Aimed at Specific Groups.

You and your lying.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
That part is DEF NOT TRUE!

Lots of Movies are Aimed at Specific Groups.

You and your lying.

laughing out loud I said one age alone. You cannot even grasp what one age even means. Yes, movies are targeted for age groups but that does not mean just one single age alone. People outside the age group can enjoy it like Star Wars. Intended for kids but morons like you love it. This both illustrates your own stupity come full circle showcasing your ineptitude.

Flyattractor
Except Star Wars which is only intended for 12 year old's. George Said So!

Lie Lie Lie.

It is all You do any more.

Darth Thor

Potter deals with more mature issues than the Ot Star Wars.

Lmao no.

Potter is definitely more kiddish.

This is not even a debate you Star Wars hater.

Also I love how you are showing your true colours now Warner Bros boy laughing out loud

quanchi112
Lmao no.

Potter is definitely more kiddish.

This is not even a debate you Star Wars hater.

Also I love how you are showing your true colours now Warner Bros boy laughing out loud Originally posted by gold slorg

Movies alone, yeah, HP trumps. D. Thor you have been and always will be emotionally and factually wrong. To say you enjoy the Ot more than Harry Potter is fine as this is subjective but to suggest of films Lucas himself said were created for 12 year olds are more mature than Potter is absurd.

The ratings board, the deepness of the later films, and the ratings board overwhelmingly agrees. You are just up in your feelings like any woman that time of the month. Bart is a Star Wars fan and his honesty is appreciated and respected unlike your feelings based delusional opinion.

I love how you are all over the map and now admit my opinion is not company based. This changes from thread to thread because you never really have an actual legitimate basis just personal insults because you are another thoughtless dweeb.

Firstly, Disney is not responsible for the Ot nor have I ever said this trilogy was impressive to me. So I have been consistent and honest throughout my tenure on kmc unlike yourself. Secondly, Harry Potter to me is miles above the Ot trilogy. So this way I am clear. It is not about the companies it is about the films. Thirdly, if we are comparing companies Disney to Warner that is not a contest. Disney has given me my all time favorite film Infinity War and my favorite Star Wars film of The Last Jedi. Warner Bros. has given me two decent Fb films but neither were even close to these two films to me personally.

So while Disney is still my favorite studio that does not mean every Disney film is better than every Warner bros. release because that would be blind fanboyism which you admit moronically that I am not. You just are not bright enough to realize you talk out of both sides of your mouth because you hate me that much. I enjoy your hatred, boy.

Just remember George admits the films were made for 12 year olds whereas Potter gets 13 year old ratings thus making you factually incorrect. Continue to cry over it.

quanchi112
Except Star Wars which is only intended for 12 year old's. George Said So!

Lie Lie Lie.

It is all You do any more. Thar was the target audience but anyone that age and above can since no movie is ever intended just for one single age alone. You thinking I meant that when no film has ever been meant for that only further cements your board wide stupidity.

Darth Thor
D. Thor you have been and always will be emotionally and factually wrong. To say you enjoy the Ot more than Harry Potter is fine as this is subjective but to suggest of films Lucas himself said were created for 12 year olds are more mature than Potter is absurd.

The ratings board, the deepness of the later films, and the ratings board overwhelmingly agrees. You are just up in your feelings like any woman that time of the month. Bart is a Star Wars fan and his honesty is appreciated and respected unlike your feelings based delusional opinion.

I love how you are all over the map and now admit my opinion is not company based. This changes from thread to thread because you never really have an actual legitimate basis just personal insults because you are another thoughtless dweeb.

Firstly, Disney is not responsible for the Ot nor have I ever said this trilogy was impressive to me. So I have been consistent and honest throughout my tenure on kmc unlike yourself. Secondly, Harry Potter to me is miles above the Ot trilogy. So this way I am clear. It is not about the companies it is about the films. Thirdly, if we are comparing companies Disney to Warner that is not a contest. Disney has given me my all time favorite film Infinity War and my favorite Star Wars film of The Last Jedi. Warner Bros. has given me two decent Fb films but neither were even close to these two films to me personally.

So while Disney is still my favorite studio that does not mean every Disney film is better than every Warner bros. release because that would be blind fanboyism which you admit moronically that I am not. You just are not bright enough to realize you talk out of both sides of your mouth because you hate me that much. I enjoy your hatred, boy.

Just remember George admits the films were made for 12 year olds whereas Potter gets 13 year old ratings thus making you factually incorrect. Continue to cry over it.

Holy crap what a total meltdown over a couple of lines.

Who cares who they are aimed for? If you cant tell The Philosophers Stone where the leads were all 10 year olds is more kiddish than ANH where the leads were all adults (one was 34), and that the latter is more likely to appeal to adults, then you are beyond Hope and repair. Thats the equivalence of not understanding that the Goonies appeals more to kids than Raiders of the Lost Arc. And Raiders more to adults than Goonies. You cant seriously be that retarded.

Disney worships the OT and have literally gone back there with the ST. Get over it.

Your Sig and Avatar shows where your allegiance lies (regardless of quality). But what you actually like and hate in terms of the material, and what naturally appeals to your 12 year old brain, is clear cut with this thread.

You are a Potter fanboy and have always hated Star Wars. Just trying to bandwagon because Disney bought it but no one is buying it.

quanchi112
Holy crap what a total meltdown over a couple of lines.

Who cares who they are aimed for. If you cant tell The Philosophers Stone where the leads were all 10 year olds is more kiddish than ANH where the leafs were all adults, and that the latter is more likely to appeal to adults, then you are beyond Hope and repair.

Disney worships the OT and have literally gone back there with the ST. Get over it.

Your Sig and Avatar shows where your allegiance lies (regardless of quality). But you actually like and hate in terms of the material is clear cut with this thread.

You are a Potter fanboy and have always hated Star Wars. Just trying to bandwagon because Disney bought it but no one is buying it. I enjoy decimating your fanboyism and emotionally laden posting.

I said the later films not every single one. You again now go to misrepresenting my position when thecratungs board factually disagrees with your feelings.

Disney is a company and wants to maximize profits so they want to appeal to the masses. Your feelings of them worshipping anything is just more of your own childlike perception attempting to make sense of a company trying to make money. TLJ went into new unchartered territory hence the backlash. Some fans could not handle it and resorted to crying over it. Either way it has nothing to do with my point you keep attempting to move the discussion away from the fact the later films are factually more mature than films designed for 12 year olds.

I love Disney not every film they release. Come on even a 12 year old could figure this out so why cant you.

I love both. Potter decimates the Ot which was never a Disney released franchise. The new trilogy I prefer vastly to the Ot as well.

I love multiple franchises but that is not the discussion so try to stay on topic and quit self harming over what I love. You hate the new trilogy and love the Ot. I was never a huge Star Wars fan until Disney. This is not a secret either. Your love of Star Wars is pre Disney. It will be ok, kid.

Darth Thor

I said the later films not every single one.

And did I say EVERY SINGLE ONE is more childish? You've become an emotional wreck.

Clearly ANH and TPM are more childish than Deathly Hallows. But Philosopher Stone is more childish than any Star Wars film. And overall Potter is definitely the more childish franchise, given it starts with 10 years old lead characters, the nature of the way they use magic to showcase things in a very childish manner (e.g. talking, flying envelopes), and the over the top nature of the bullies (kids and adults).

Way to fail your own topic, by not being able to stand other people's opinions and becoming an emotional wreck over it.

quanchi112
And did I say EVERY SINGLE ONE is more childish? You've become an emotional wreck.

Clearly ANH and TPM are more childish than Deathly Hallows. But Philosopher Stone is more childish than any Star Wars film. And overall Potter is definitely the more childish franchise, given it starts with 10 years old lead characters, the nature of the way they use magic to showcase things in a very childish manner (e.g. talking, flying envelopes), and the over the top nature of the bullies (kids and adults).

Way to fail your own topic, by not being able to stand other people's opinions and becoming an emotional wreck over it. No, I am correcting your misrepresentation of my position. The later films are darker and more mature than any of the Ot 12 year old films. Georgie agrees. Ratings system agrees. Your vagina disagrees but shove a tampon up there already.

This is about the Ot films. Reread the op your vagina has led you to crazily and desperately going off topic.

Ewoks, Chewbacca, etc.

I respect a difference of opinion but lying that kiddie films are more mature than the later Potter films is la la land fanboyism. I get it your vagina bleeds and you start the incoherence and misrepresenting someone elses position because you get worked up. Slow down and breathe. It will be ok, chica.

Flyattractor
Yes. It is fun to watch Quanni Pretend that Harry Movies are Adult and Serious when they solve all their problems by waving glowing sticks in the air.

quanchi112
Yes. It is fun to watch Quanni Pretend that Harry Movies are Adult and Serious when they solve all their problems by waving glowing sticks in the air.
More mature films than movies designed for 12 year olds. The later Potter films anyways. My comment is in relation to the Ot the kiddo trilogy. Ewoks and Chewbaccas oh my. laughing out loud

Darth Thor
Chewbacca? Really? Compared to Elves and clumsy giants? Lmao

Those Talking envelopes though laughing out loud

quanchi112
Chewbacca? Really? Compared to Elves and clumsy giants? Lmao

Those Talking envelopes though laughing out loud Have you seen the aliens from Star Wars? Both have childish elements definitely. The point is Harry Potter handles more mature themes and gets vastly darker than any Ot film. Undeniable.

WolvesofBabylon
Good Children Film>Mediocre Mature Film

Darth Thor
Harry Potter is for 9-12 years olds:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog/kids/is-your-kid-old-enough-for-harry-potter-a-guide-for-getting-started/

12 > 9

The butthurt is real!

quanchi112
Harry Potter is for 9-12 years olds:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog/kids/is-your-kid-old-enough-for-harry-potter-a-guide-for-getting-started/

12 > 9

The butthurt is real! These are the films not the books you disingenuous turd.

Multiple films received the pg 13 rating whereas Lucas stated his Ot films were intended for 12 year olds.

Only a desperate man would reference the books here when this is the movie forum. Separate entities, casual fan.

quanchi112
Good Children Film>Mediocre Mature Film That is your opinion and you are welcome to it but painting the Ot films as more mature than the later films is blatantly false. Fanboys foaming at the mouth over the shitty acting and nostalgic based hearts.

Flyattractor
If you think Silly Melodramatic Nonsense = Adult or Mature...Then yeah.. The Potter Films are for you.

quanchi112
If you think Silly Melodramatic Nonsense = Adult or Mature...Then yeah.. The Potter Films are for you. Just more mature than films designed for 12 year olds. You thought they were made for adults because your grip on reality is not even there.

Flyattractor
Nah. It is all just Filler. The OT movies were just hitting the 2 hour mark and didn't have Do it Easy CGi for their Effects. Lazzy Plopper Movies are 3 hours long or more and have 2nd parts so they can FILL it out with stupid nonsense, and its effects are No Effort CGi. Plopper has it easy.

quanchi112
Nah. It is all just Filler. The OT movies were just hitting the 2 hour mark and didn't have Do it Easy CGi for their Effects. Lazzy Plopper Movies are 3 hours long or more and have 2nd parts so they can FILL it out with stupid nonsense, and its effects are No Effort CGi. Plopper has it easy. No, the ratings board and Lucas agrees. 13>12 year olds. The rest is you just basically sobbing into KMCs disgusted arms.

Flyattractor
Yes. I agree The Prequels are definatly most suited for those of a 9 to 12 year old mentality.

quanchi112
Yes. I agree The Prequels are definatly most suited for those of a 9 to 12 year old mentality. Pts get way darker than the Ots with rots as well.

Flyattractor
A Good Flashlight would have solved that problem.

quanchi112
A Good Flashlight would have solved that problem. Look you love the kiddy trilogy. Just try to not oretehdit is not meant for 12 year olds. Hold your head high and quit pretending these films are dark. They were not but that does not mean you should be filled with shame.

Flyattractor
Yes. I love FUN Movies. Not Whiney Tween Drama Fests that don't know what Actual Adult Drama Is.

quanchi112
Yes. I love FUN Movies. Not Whiney Tween Drama Fests that don't know what Actual Adult Drama Is. See yet another attempt to be a bigot and cry over other films. You love the kiddie films since it tragskayes well to your underdeveloped brain and couldnever handle the dark nature of the later Potter films.

quanchi112
The Ot fans have conceded the thread to me as expected.

Flyattractor
Yeah. Just getting bored with your BS has Nothing to do with it...

Oh wait. yes it does.

"tragskayes"?????

quanchi112
Yeah. Just getting bored with your BS has Nothing to do with it...

Oh wait. yes it does.

"tragskayes"????? Much more original, better acting, dealt with far deeper characters, superior effects, superior villain,better duels, and is intended for a more mature audience than the 12 year old kiddos Lucas set out to make his films for.

It is ok, loser. These films destroy the Ot on every conceivable level.

Josh_Alexander
Star Wars WITHOUT a doubt. Star Wars is a classic!!!

Harry Potter is good, but can't compare it with a gun like SW.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Star Wars WITHOUT a doubt. Star Wars is a classic!!!

Harry Potter is good, but can't compare it with a gun like SW. Both are classics but Star Wars came out a long time ago but that is not what the thread is even about. It is about what you like more and why not what had more of a cultural impact. If you cannot even answer the thread properly just read in silence.

Josh_Alexander
/\

Which series is better and why? No Fb, no prequels, and no Disney Star Wars.

Did you even read what you wrote? Where does it say that this thread doesn't concern cultural impact!?

quanchi112
/\

Did you even read what you wrote? Where does it say that this thread doesn't concern cultural impact!? Saying it is a classic tells me nothing about why you prefer it. It just says something vague without any specificity. Please, just log out. Your intellectual shortcomings are a little too much to bear.

Josh_Alexander
Saying it is a classic tells me nothing about why you prefer it. It just says something vague without any specificity. Please, just log out. Your intellectual shortcomings are a little too much to bear.

Concession accepted, the thread concerns cultural impact.

Thanks for proving that not only are a you a shitty debater, but also a bad thread creator.

Now I understand why you are butthurt! I pity you worm! laughing out loud

quanchi112
Concession accepted, the thread concerns cultural impact.

Thanks for proving that not only are a you a shitty debater, but also a bad thread creator.

Now I understand why you are butthurt! I pity you worm! laughing out loud If that is your reason then you just want to fit in because the collective hive mind of society decided this as your reason. So you are just a popularity whore. Explains a lot.

Josh_Alexander
If that is your reason then you just want to fit in because the collective hive mind of society decided this as your reason. So you are just a popularity whore. Explains a lot.

I liked SW more too.laughing out loud

quanchi112
I liked SW more too.laughing out loud I get it like liked it because others did. You gave your reasoning just do not expect anyone to respect it.

Josh_Alexander

quanchi112
More pitiful spelling and other immature nonsense. Your great reason for liking a film is because others do.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>