Rich mentality vs poor mentality

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Those who constantly have the newest iPhones, cars, tech tend to be poor and in debt in life. I have seen those on here who can not control their impulses imo so maybe this is the thread where you get help and try to live for the future not the present.

Which one are you?

DeviantDefiance
I think those who live for the future are more greedy (looking for the next big thing) instead of living in the present and enjoying life in the now instead of living greedily for the future. That is my view point, but I understand your point. Some people act upon interest and impulse instead of waiting patiently, ergo living for the future.

dadudemon
I've owned my car since 2015. I bought it in 2014.

My iPhone is over 3 years old. My existing one works except for the rear facing camera.

I don't spend my money...almost ever.

gold slorg
up, i dont spend money at all on gadgets, i change stuff only when i can't repair it or i need some new stuff specifically for some purpose (like changing the GPU, because it helps me make 3d art), i spend money only on my hobbies, traveling and hunting

i make fun of people that work twice the time to just waste their money on gadgets and overly expensive useless stuff that's "cool"

i kinda feel empathy for them tho, poor, inherently sad people, spending their time working their asses off to get money to buy stuff; then they can't actually use the stuff and have fun, because of no time, lmao

gold slorg
better work less, earn less and spend less and then have all the time for your fun and use said time to make things on your own, instead of paying for them

brewing beer on your own is insanely cheaper, way more fun

learning to repair stuff on your own is the same

etc

AsbestosFlaygon
I just bought a Pocophone F1 instead of a Note 9.

My point: You can have the best for less if you aren't a brand whore.

Putinbot1
I have no debts. My credit card is paid every month. My driver, apartment and car are part of my package. I eat out most nights. **** younger women. I have an S9+ as my phone. I am off to Thailand for Christmas.

DeviantDefiance
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I have no debts. My credit card is paid every month. My driver, apartment and car are part of my package. I eat out most nights. **** younger women. I have an S9+ as my phone. I am off to Thailand for Christmas.

Off to Thailand for Christmas, why not forever?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by DeviantDefiance
Off to Thailand for Christmas, why not forever? lived there before.

Flyattractor
Not Welcome or Warrant Out for your Arrest?

Putinbot1
Neither, hence I am holidaying there. I lived there for 6 months in my twenties training Muay Thai.

Flyattractor
I am betting fugitive. Safest Bet.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I am betting fugitive. Safest Bet. it's a lovely country, a pal of mine owns a bar in Phuket, he even runs some girls.

Flyattractor
I bet he does.

CroftAlice
Don't have an iPhone -hate those things,no fancy cars or mansions

Mindship
I typically maintain and keep cars for 15-20 years (longest was 25).
I have some coats and jackets 30+ years old (but don't look it).
I keep my smartphones for 5+ years (as long as it still works).

I do this because -
- It's a good product.
- I'm used to, and like, what I have.
- I'm gettin' my money's worth, dammit!
- Let others buy quick and deal with the bugs.
- I like defying the overzealous capitalist-consumer mindset.

On the other hand (eg): I always fly first-class (cuz I hate flying, and as the expression goes, This is the only way to fly). And I like some relatively expensive foods on a regular basis (eg, lox).

Essentially, I'm mostly about common-sense spending (sometimes with 'screw-you-capitalism' mixed in there), with some personal indulgence.

ArtificialGlory
I'm a pretty frugal person and can be downright miserly when it comes down to some things. I don't even have a car. My phone is a dumbphone that's almost a decade old and some of my wardrobe dates back to when I was still in high school and I'm almost 30 now.

I don't mind paying good money for food and on building my gaming PCs, and video games in general.

samhain
Phones last me years, only had about 4 or 5 in the last 20 years and I've never lost one, ride a bike to work or walk if it's a nice day as it's not too far away (I'm also a type 2 diabetic and I've never really liked the idea of being behind the wheel of a 2 ton vehicle while I'm having a hypoglycemic attack.) My only indulgences are booze and food but I worked in the restaurant industry for a long time so there are at least 8 restaurants that I could get a free meal in right now, made good contacts in the wholesale sector too (got some lobster on Monday for next to nothing) and I've made enough friends on the club scene to have a good night out for next to nothing as well, guess it really is down to who you know.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by quanchi112
Those who constantly have the newest iPhones, cars, tech tend to be poor and in debt in life. I have seen those on here who can not control their impulses imo so maybe this is the thread where you get help and try to live for the future not the present.

Which one are you?

Growing up, I had gone from being a have to being a have not, and I learned that I would much rather be a have.

So I persevered through hardship, worked diligently, and made sacrifices, so I can be in the position I currently enjoy.

I have nice things, because I can afford nice things, and I am not stingy with what I have.

But at the same time, I am conscious that I could lose it all tomorrow, and I need to be responsible with it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Growing up, I had gone from being a have to being a have not, and I learned that I would much rather be a have.

So I persevered through hardship, worked diligently, and made sacrifices, so I can be in the position I currently enjoy.

I have nice things, because I can afford nice things, and I am not stingy with what I have.

But at the same time, I am conscious that I could lose it all tomorrow, and I need to be responsible with it. Great mentality.

Robtard
I generally do not care about having the newest "best" things. My iPhones last me years. Computers I get for free or buy used and built them up myself, far cheaper than a brand new unit and they last me years. I buy newer used cars as a brand new car is a greater financial loss and generally keep them for years and years and years. I typically do not jump on the 'new shiny must have!' train with whatever new fad is had.

KyCooool
I buy a phone once in 2 years.

Flyattractor
They still make phones?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.