Hulk (2003) vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Someone here made this suggestion earlier, wanted to see your opinions. Fight takes place in abandoned Sokovia. No weapons, though they're allowed to use whatever is in the environment. Thanos doesn't have the IG and has no infinity stones but is dressed in his armor.

Who wins?

Josh_Alexander
Thanos still I think.

steverules_2

quanchi112
Thanos beats the utter shit out of him. This is a joke.

Josh_Alexander

steverules_2

Josh_Alexander

Impediment
Bana Hulk stomps Thanos.

Bana Hulk's level is leagues beyond MCU Hulk.

Eon Blue
Thanos wins. This is a horrid matchup.

FrothByte
So how will Thanos deal with Hulk's healing factor and ability to easily grow stronger and bigger?

Dreampanther
This is most definitely a horrid matchup. Ang Lee Hulk could quite literally eat Thanos if he got big and angry enough. Thanos gets broken.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dreampanther
This is most definitely a horrid matchup. Ang Lee Hulk could quite literally eat Thanos if he got big and angry enough. Thanos gets broken. Quit joking and be serious.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Impediment
Bana Hulk stomps Thanos.

Yeah Bana hulk was ridiculous. Too bad he looked like garbage and the film was an abortion, but this really is no contest. That tank throw alone.

NemeBro
Originally posted by FrothByte
So how will Thanos deal with Hulk's healing factor and ability to easily grow stronger and bigger? By beating the shit out of him one assumes.

Bana Hulk is incredibly overrated.

Here's how strong that tank throw actually makes him:

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/User_blogmessedpinosaurus75DinosaurFan/Hulk_(2003)_throws_a_tank

Thanos shattering the Tessuract with his grip alone is far beyond that, considering this line from Avengers 1:

Steve: Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?

BANNER: He's got to heat the cube to a hundred and twenty million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier.

quanchi112
Thor resists the force of a star and cannot even budge Thanos with a weapon yet people see a tank and lose their shit. Ffs, Thanos rapes hulk.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by NemeBro

Thanos shattering the Tessuract with his grip alone is far beyond that,

He had the power stone when he did that, yes?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
He had the power stone when he did that, yes? He didn't use it.

Throughout the film, he only ever uses the gauntlet or the stones when he clenches his fist. He shattered the Tessuract with his bare hand.

https://youtu.be/zT7fJwLgWws?t=211

Bashar Teg
You can't see what he's doing with his gauntleted hand. I thought the whole point of him being able to pimpslap hulk and shatter the tesseract was because of his power from the stone. He really needs to wank his fist to use it while fighting and performing other feats of strength? I don't like infinity wars enough to study and find out.

I understand when he's using the other stones but I had assumed his strength was on constant power up from that stone

NemeBro
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
You can't see what he's doing with his gauntleted hand.

If the director intended us to see him to use the stone for that it would have been a simple matter to show it. Shouldn't assume he was IMO.

Nope.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/08/02/avengers-infinity-war-joe-russo-thanos-didnt-need-stones-defeat-/

"Here you see the early establishment of just how fearsome Thanos is even without, he's got one stone here and I don't think he's even using it," McFeely said.

"He's not using it," Russo said. "This is to show that Thanos, the Genghis Khan of the Marvel Universe, he's unbeatable in 1-on-1 battle. He's conquered thousands of worlds. He's a much more polished fighter than the Hulk, and Thor, and Loki."

Yeah, he clenches his fist and/or the stone he is using glows when he's using them. I actually don't think he ever uses the Power Stone to amp his physical stats in the film.

I don't think so. At least, nothing I can recall indicates as much, and Russo's statements indicate that, despite possessing it, it doesn't passively amplify his stats.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, he had to actively clench his fist to activate any of the Stones. Strange still tells his cloak to prevent him from doing so at one point during the Titan fight.

Trocity
Originally posted by Impediment

So is Thanos.

Thanos wins.

Khazra Reborn
Bana Hulk didn't seem that great, he barely beat those stupid dog things

Impediment

playa1258
Thanos.

Josh_Alexander
Honestly I dont recall a single feat that proves Bana Hulk can defeat Thanos...Besides destroying tanks, aircraft and fighting a golem.

Thanos.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by NemeBro
"Here you see the early establishment of just how fearsome Thanos is even without, he's got one stone here and I don't think he's even using it," McFeely said.

"He's not using it," Russo said. "This is to show that Thanos, the Genghis Khan of the Marvel Universe, he's unbeatable in 1-on-1 battle. He's conquered thousands of worlds. He's a much more polished fighter than the Hulk, and Thor, and Loki."

well that settles it. chia-hulk gets stomped, and infinity wars just got a little bit dumber for me. when significant details of a simple power-up-plot require director's commentary to clarify, you know you're experiencing a truly rare and great film.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by FrothByte
So how will Thanos deal with Hulk's healing factor and ability to easily grow stronger and bigger?

How do you think?

By being superior.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Eon Blue
How do you think?

By being superior.

Superior in what? Healing ability? I don't recall Thanos showing better healing ability. Superior in size and strength? Doubt it. Superior in fighting skill? Yes he is, but is that enough to take out Hulk's healing and strength growth?

See, I have no problems with people saying Thanos wins. But I do think it's silly to simply say "Thanos wins" without giving a proper reason for it.

Eon Blue

quanchi112

Darth Thor

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Funny because you are the one whose given a fanboy response to his points.

Fanboys do not understand concepts like growth, or change, so Hulk's ability to literally grow bigger and stronger in response to a threat is completely incomprehensible to them.

ShadowFyre
How does he get past Hulks healing factor?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Fanboys do not understand concepts like growth, or change, so Hulk's ability to literally grow bigger and stronger in response to a threat is completely incomprehensible to them. Have you seen Infinity War?

John Murdoch
Hulk 2003 is beyond Thanos.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Hulk 2003 is beyond Thanos.

How?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Eon Blue
How? Expect a cringeworthy response, twinny.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.