Wolverine vs. IW Captain America/Luke Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Prime Logan

Vs.

Infinity War Cap with his shield gauntlets

And S2 Luke Cage

Who wins

NotAllThatEvil
A bullet to the head could knock Logan out, and cap hits at least as hard as a bullet

Silent Master
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
A bullet to the head could knock Logan out, and cap hits at least as hard as a bullet

Not according to h1, h1 has claimed that bullets hit with a psi of 313 million tons.

Josh_Alexander
Team

FrothByte
I mean, Cap alone can probably take out Wolverine already. Putting Cage in is a bit much.

TheVaultDweller
I don't see Logan being able to take both these guys on at once, even at his prime (which is probably his cameo from Apocalypse. At least that's where he looked most impressive from a visual standpoint, in terms of choreography making him look decently fast and skilled).

BruceSkywalker
logan loses..

both cap and cage can solo, them together stomp hard

NemeBro
Cage has no chance at all of soloing Logan. He's a borderline non-factor in this fight. Logan is much quicker than Cage and can maim or kill him in the first exchange.

gauntlet o doom
I think Adamantium will slice through Cage's skin.

steverules_2

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by NemeBro
Cage has no chance at all of soloing Logan. He's a borderline non-factor in this fight. Logan is much quicker than Cage and can maim or kill him in the first exchange.

Agree to this one.

Originally posted by gauntlet o doom
I think Adamantium will slice through Cage's skin.

Judas Bullets were able to pen Cage. Adamantium should have no issue.

TheVaultDweller
Lol at some people still believing that Judas bullets can hurt current Cage.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Lol at some people still believing that Judas bullets can hurt current Cage.

The fact remains that they WERE able to hurt him.

The fact that Cage has developed resistance to the weapon doesnt change the facts.

And Adamantium》Chitauri metal

FrothByte
Wolverine can probably cut Cage but he won't be doing it easily. I doubt he could lop off Cage's limbs with one swipe. Will probably need multiple slashes to get any serious injury.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
The fact remains that they WERE able to hurt him.

The fact that Cage has developed resistance to the weapon doesnt change the facts.

And Adamantium》Chitauri metal

Thanks for once again proving that you haven't watched the show.

He did not "develop resistance". You claiming that is flat-out lying and making things up.

He got a second treatment that canonically amplified the effect of the first treatment, to the point where Judas bullets can't even leave a scratch anymore. This is shown via both statements and feats.

Seriously, dude, go watch the show before commenting on Cage, because every single time you open your mouth about the character, you show how painfully ignorant you are about him.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
Wolverine can probably cut Cage but he won't be doing it easily. I doubt he could lop off Cage's limbs with one swipe. Will probably need multiple slashes to get any serious injury.

I feel the same. I think most blows will probably be shallow cuts. But if he can get a clean thrust in, it will probably deal more damage.

But it's kind of hard to know which will win out (unless we start bringing comics into things, which is against MvF rules). Barring some low-ends for Logan, his claws have been able to cut through virtually every man-made material they've encountered. But, at the same time, Cage's skin has successfully resisted every man-made material it has encountered, and even some non man-made materials, like Chitauri metal.

So, claws that can cut supposedly anything vs skin that, at its current level, has yet to be pierced by anything.

Josh_Alexander
Thanks for once again proving that you haven't watched the show.

He did not "develop resistance". You claiming that is flat-out lying and making things up.

He got a second treatment that canonically amplified the effect of the first treatment, to the point where Judas bullets can't even leave a scratch anymore. This is shown via both statements and feats.

Seriously, dude, go watch the show before commenting on Cage, because every single time you open your mouth about the character, you show how painfully ignorant you are about him.

I never said he developed resistance on his own!! I was speaking generally!

Come on TheVault!!! Dont tell me you are still butthurt about that time when I shamefully beat your ass on the Cap vs Cage thread!

Again, Adamantium 》》 Chitauri metal.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by FrothByte

Agree!

TheVaultDweller
I never said he developed resistance on his own!! I was speaking generally!

Come on TheVault!!! Dont tell me you are still butthurt about that time when I shamefully beat your ass on the Cap vs Cage thread!

Again, Adamantium 》》 Chitauri metal.

lol dude. The fact that you are the one still bringing up that specific thread speaks for itself. You've made mistakes regarding Cage in multiple threads in the past.

Sure you were. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If this was the first time you had made a blunder regarding Cage, I would have believed you. But this is not even remotely the first time. If you knew that current Cage (which is specified in the OP) can't be harmed by Judas bullets, there would be zero reason to bring them up. So, sorry, not buying it.

And irrelevant, as Cage's skin >>> Chitauri metal as well.

And I am not even saying Logan can't hurt him. I agree with Froth's stance, as I have in previous threads on this same topic. It would be like felling a tree. It would likely take quite a few shots, but is definitely doable.

NotAllThatEvil
English. Logan's claws ever failed to cut through something other than adamantium?

FrothByte
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
English. Logan's claws ever failed to cut through something other than adamantium?

Well there was that fight scene where a katana was able to block his claws multiple times

TheVaultDweller
That's kind of a low-end outlier. But this whole discussion is kind of veering into NLF territory, considering neither the claws or skin have really failed, as things stand, but that also doesn't mean that they can't.

juggerman
Its probably more reasonable to assume that Logan would have at least some difficulty cutting through Cage than it would be to assume he can easily given the feats we've seen

TheVaultDweller
Also seems like a fair middle ground for the purposes of having a debate. Assume that, yes, Logan's claws will be able to harm Cage, but that he won't be able to simply slice through him like nothing.

Because it's a better alternative than the two potential NLF arguments that could be made for either:
- Logan's claws have cut through virtually everything it has encountered, therefore it will easily cut Cage.
- Season 2/post-upgrade Cage's skin has successfully withstood everything it's been hit with without being damaged, including things he was previously vulnerable to, therefore Logan can't hurt him.

Josh_Alexander
lol dude. The fact that you are the one still bringing up that specific thread speaks for itself. You've made mistakes regarding Cage in multiple threads in the past.

Sure you were. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If this was the first time you had made a blunder regarding Cage, I would have believed you. But this is not even remotely the first time. If you knew that current Cage (which is specified in the OP) can't be harmed by Judas bullets, there would be zero reason to bring them up. So, sorry, not buying it.

And irrelevant, as Cage's skin >>> Chitauri metal as well.

And I am not even saying Logan can't hurt him. I agree with Froth's stance, as I have in previous threads on this same topic. It would be like felling a tree. It would likely take quite a few shots, but is definitely doable.

The fact that you are always so aggressive and robbing Cage on my face speaks for itself.

And I never ended up watching the Cage's series to be honest.

I was just pointing the fact that Cage can be harmed by inferior weapons to Adamantium.

TheVaultDweller
The fact that you are always so aggressive and robbing Cage on my face speaks for itself.

And I never ended up watching the Cage's series to be honest.

I was just pointing the fact that Cage can be harmed by inferior weapons to Adamantium.

I don't rub anything in your face. You are the one who keeps deflecting to previous arguments whenever I point out your errors regarding Cage.

Stop making incorrect statements about the character and I won't correct you. By your own admission here, you haven't seen the show, and it clearly shows in your lack of knowledge about the character, yet you keep doing the same thing. If you keep pulling the same crap, over and over, then obviously it's going to become annoying and result in a more aggressive response from me. And considering how you have responded to people who have misrepresented characters like Thanos in the past, you have no right to play victim now.

And no. Cage, when he was canonically less durable, has been harmed by those things. That does not reflect on his current level (which is being used in this thread), seeing as said "inferior weapons" were directly shown to no longer work on him. See, this is what I mean. Even after it's been made clear that the Judas bullets are not applicable to current Cage, you still try to use them to downplay his current durability. And then you wonder why I get frustrated with you.

Anyway, this is all irrelevant, as most people seem to be of the view that Steve probably KO's Logan's ass, solo anyway.

Josh_Alexander
I don't rub anything in your face. You are the one who keeps deflecting to previous arguments whenever I point out your errors regarding Cage.

Stop making incorrect statements about the character and I won't correct you. By your own admission here, you haven't seen the show, and it clearly shows in your lack of knowledge about the character, yet you keep doing the same thing. If you keep pulling the same crap, over and over, then obviously it's going to become annoying and result in a more aggressive response from me. And considering how you have responded to people who have misrepresented characters like Thanos in the past, you have no right to play victim now.

And no. Cage, when he was canonically less durable, has been harmed by those things. That does not reflect on his current level (which is being used in this thread), seeing as said "inferior weapons" were directly shown to no longer work on him. See, this is what I mean. Even after it's been made clear that the Judas bullets are not applicable to current Cage, you still try to use them to downplay his current durability. And then you wonder why I get frustrated with you.

Anyway, this is all irrelevant, as most people seem to be of the view that Steve probably KO's Logan's ass, solo anyway.

Adamantium 》Chitauri metal.

I was just pointing the fact that Cage's skin isnt invulnerable.

I never said that Judas bullets were still a threat to Cage.

And okay, guess we are good then.

TheVaultDweller
Adamantium 》Chitauri metal.

I was just pointing the fact that Cage's skin isnt invulnerable.

I never said that Judas bullets were still a threat to Cage.

And okay, guess we are good then.

If Judas bullets are not a threat, then there is absolutely no reason to keep bringing them up.

Fact is that we don't know the limits of Cage's skin at this point. There is no clear indicator given in S2. The only thing that is made clear is that it's a lot more resilient than it was before the second treatment, and that nothing it did encounter could damage it. Anyone who claims to know exactly how durable his skin is, currently, is lying. It could very well be invulnerable, for all we know. I sincerely doubt it is, but there is no screen evidence to definitively say either way. But I am not in the business of pulling No Limits Fallacy arguments, hence the middle ground stance mentioned in previous posts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.