Replicate this strength feat: Pulling the midgard serpent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XLR87T3
Who in DC can replicate such a powerful feat of strength like pulling the midgard serpent, a creature so big it was crushing the earth in its coils and causing worldwide devastation? Name the weakest being who can do such a thing

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/123396/2757807-serpentinetherealform.png

http://i.imgur.com/EFFCW.jpg

^^^look at how long the serpent is^^^

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Somebody hasn't had the chance to actually read the story.

abhilegend

StiltmanFTW
Mythbusted thumb up

celeyhyga17
Mention of time/space is in reference to how time moves in the void as opposed to midgard. Nothing to do with size and weight. What is this, kindergarten level? Pretty easy to understand.
facepalm

http://i.imgur.com/OxNoLq8m.jpg

XLR87T3
I was trying to turn a new leaf, give Thor some credit, since I actually like Thor and riffing on him is just way too easy nowadays. But now you're saying even his greatest most renowned feat of strength is not valid. Is there anything Thor has besides his hammer?!? Is there nothing sacred?!?

At least allow him this one moment of glory

Philosophía
Originally posted by abhilegend
Have you noticed how this feat has literally vanished ever since then in every Thor talk?

Originally posted by XLR87T3
I was trying to turn a new leaf, give Thor some credit, since I actually like Thor and riffing on him is just way too easy nowadays. But now you're saying even his greatest most renowned feat of strength is not valid. Is there anything Thor has besides his hammer?!? Is there nothing sacred?!?

At least allow him this one moment of glory Thor has the "Captain Marvel" syndrome, in that his physical strength feats not relying on Mjolnir's striking mostly come up to how much of a b itch he is, compared to Hulk, or 'mom feats' the likes of "this bag of groceries weights a ton!' silver age hyperbole, taken literally. Unfortunately, for the last decade, Banner is balls deep and holding his lips tight shut, so Odinson is content with "baseball" feats.

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Mention of time/space is in reference to how time moves in the void as opposed to midgard. Nothing to do with size and weight. What is this, kindergarten level? Pretty easy to understand.
facepalm

http://i.imgur.com/OxNoLq8m.jpg
laughing out loud

This is just whining at this point.

Anyway, Mongul has actually moved a planet sized snake but it was dead.

https://i.postimg.cc/4KymJzk8/RCO012.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/2bByWr5h/RCO005.jpg

celeyhyga17
Glad u agree it was referencing flow of time.
thumb up

abhilegend
Glad u agree it was referencing flow of time.
thumb up
laughing out loud

The scan itself says Serpent was ethereal and not solid in Earth's dimension.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/123396/2757807-serpentinetherealform.png

Ergo, it wasn't actually the size of the earth but it's presence in the void was causing havoc on Earth. Even a mongoloid could understand that.

carver9
Doesn't make sense. We clearly see it telling us the Serpent was crushing Earth and we see a physical form doing it

abhilegend
Its called reading comprehension carter. Try it sometimes.

CosmicComet
After we see Thor fish it out, doesn't it get wrapped around a normal ass tree?

It looked like it was 50 feet long at best. Comparable to prehistoric snakes like Titanoboa.

celeyhyga17
You guys should at least be consistent. One can say the snake sentry isn't that big if people want to play games.
When Sodam cut it's head off and Mongul tugging its head by the tongue, it didn't look much bigger than a building. Yet we know it was much bigger based on the artist's interpretation(and writer's description) of its size in relation to Daxam. Now just because the Midgard serpent didn't look as big when Thor was fighting it, it automatically means it was tiny? This comics and not everything is drawn to scale accurately. The sheer size and weight of the Midgard Serpent was causing all kinds of natural disasters ffs.

sad

Really just reeks of hypocrisy and pettiness.

Plus it's a moot point because Jormugand is a magical creature and it "retains its full weight and power" no matter what the size.
http://i.imgur.com/zJ0kiCem.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/bxXqjaNm.jpg

There have been times Thor was barely able to lift he Midgard Serpent off the ground. This time he actually had to overpower its strength and weight.
It was a ridiculous feat no matter how u look at it.

StiltmanFTW
But now you're saying even his greatest most renowned feat of strength is not valid.

After the Serpent feat got taken apart, thorbags were quick to mention the Yggdrasil feat.

Some f*cking tree weighing as much as the Book With Infinite Pages or some shit laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
After the Serpent feat got taken apart, thorbags were quick to mention the Yggdrasil feat.

Some f*cking tree weighing as much as the Book With Infinite Pages or some shit laughing out loud
Have some snickers angry man.

https://media.giphy.com/media/jB6YQX38hTokM/giphy.gif

CosmicComet
You guys should at least be consistent. One can say the snake sentry isn't that big if people want to play games.
When Sodam cut it's head off and Mongul tugging its head by the tongue, it didn't look much bigger than a building. Yet we know it was much bigger based on the artist's interpretation(and writer's description) of its size in relation to Daxam. Now just because the Midgard serpent didn't look as big when Thor was fighting it, it automatically means it was tiny? This comics and not everything is drawn to scale accurately. The sheer size and weight of the Midgard Serpent was causing all kinds of natural disasters ffs.

sad

Really just reeks of hypocrisy and pettiness.

Plus it's a moot point because Jormugand is a magical creature and it "retains its full weight and power" no matter what the size.
http://i.imgur.com/zJ0kiCem.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/bxXqjaNm.jpg

There have been times Thor was barely able to lift he Midgard Serpent off the ground. This time he actually had to overpower its strength and weight.
It was a ridiculous feat no matter how u look at it.

Stop your shitty obfuscating droning responses.

This happens everytime with you. You make long winded attempts at deflecting with poorly thought out whataboutisms that don't apply.

And it definitely does not apply here. It has nothing to do with comics being difficult to draw to scale.

They meant that scale very literally.

Again we see Thor physically tie the serpent in a knot around an ordinary phucking tree. With branches and leaves that would easily fill up its jaws. And that was after he got It's attention with a normal sized cow. The serpent is literally no thicker than the length of Thor's wingspan in the panel where he wraps it around the tree. And it's head barely big enough to swallow the cow whole.

The rest of what you wrote is pointless. The feat is supposed to be for Thor yet all you've proven is that the serpent is strong enough to contend with Thor.

So in essence all you are saying is that we are supposed to be impressed that Thor is strong enough to fight something...as strong as himself!! Wowww!

"Thor is so strong he can contend with his own level of strength!"

Jesus Christ.

The feat is dead. The serpent struggled while it was wrapped around an ordinary tree. Right after we see it metaphysically (not literally) wrapped around the earth.

celeyhyga17
Lol... Whataboutisms..

If this wasn't clear enough, the Midgard Serpent is a shape shifter. No matter what size it shifts to, it is naturally large as phukk therefore it is heavy as phukk. We know this because it has been described countless times that its body can encircle the earth(or hold the sea in place yadda yadda). And no matter its form, it retains its full weight and power.

So any interaction with Serpent requires an incredible amount of strength.
All this chest beating doesn't excuse the hypocrisy here.

StiltmanFTW
And no matter its form, it retains its full weight and power.

That's why the handbook scans you posted say his weight is variable? smile

celeyhyga17
That's why the handbook scans you posted say his weight is variable? smile
When he pulled it off earth, its sheer size and weight was causing all kinds of planetary disasters.

Philosophía

Philosophía

celeyhyga17
So phil, does that mean he used "unimaginable" strength when he tied the the Serpent to Ygdradsil back in Asgard space? Since u know, it's physical space as per your admission.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Doesn't make sense. We clearly see it telling us the Serpent was crushing Earth and we see a physical form doing it

You can magically crush the Earth.
If the Serpent was tangible then no one would be able to get to the other half of the Earth due to their path being blocked by the Serpent.
The Serpent was both intangible and invisible to the people on Earth.

One Big Mob
I once punched a snake to death. They stink a lot. Why anyone would have them as pets is beyond me

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by One Big Mob
I once punched a snake to death. They stink a lot. Why anyone would have them as pets is beyond me

https://tinyurl.com/y7f7ncm5

xJLxKing
This thread reminds me why we need an annual reward thread

One of those awards should be titled MythBuster.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by xJLxKing
This thread reminds me why we need an anal reward

Well said thumb up You first.

xJLxKing

StiltmanFTW
A splendid idea thumb up

Rage will end up hospitalized laughing out loud

abhilegend
So phil, does that mean he used "unimaginable" strength when he tied the the Serpent to Ygdradsil back in Asgard space? Since u know, it's physical space as per your admission.
laughing out loud

Fishing for feats yet again.

DarkSaint85
Like Thor with a bull?

abhilegend
Exactly

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

Fishing for feats yet again.
No my friend. For consistency.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Like Thor with a bull?
laughing out loud

First thought in my mind. Life imitates art?

abhilegend
No my friend. For consistency.

laughing out loud

First thought in my mind. Life imitates art?
Consistency for what? Your terribleness?

zopzop
The feat is completely unquantifiable. Just like Hercules holding up the heavens. A better feat would be when Thor actually lifted a portion of the Serpent off the ground during one of his trials by Utgard Loki.

XLR87T3
Originally posted by zopzop
The feat is completely unquantifiable. Just like Hercules holding up the heavens. A better feat would be when Thor actually lifted a portion of the Serpent off the ground during one of his trials by Utgard Loki. How big was the serpent in that instance? How heavy?

zopzop
How big was the serpent in that instance? How heavy?
Here are the panels :
https://i.postimg.cc/jStnhn8W/image.png

StiltmanFTW
That cat was an actual cat, Thor had too much mead.

XLR87T3
Originally posted by zopzop
Here are the panels :
https://i.postimg.cc/jStnhn8W/image.png That's actually far smaller than before, due to how skinny the serpent is. In the scans I've posted, the serpent was as wide as Britain or Spain at least

Horrificus
Wow!! A LOT of time and effort, ATTEMPTING to negate this awesome feat of strength.

Horrificus
Yeah, that was canon.
And it wasn't just about the weight of the serpent. U also have to factor in the strength of it's coils needing to b overcome.

Parmaniac
I read the whole thread searching for Bran's posts then I realised it says "midgard" not "midget"

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Horrificus
Yeah, that was canon.
And it wasn't just about the weight of the serpent. U also have to factor in the strength of it's coils needing to b overcome.

Yeah, it's canon that it was ethereal and got fished out with a bull.

Cry, thorbag.

StiltmanFTW
Just for lulz, posting the top definition from the urban dictionary:

http://i68.tinypic.com/jgjdi0.png

Source: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ethereal

Retarded thorbags laughing out loud

Galan007
UD's definition for 'pineapple' is better, IMO.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
UD's definition for 'pineapple' is better, IMO.

laughing out loud

Check out the second definition for "chidori", you won't regret it.

Galan007
lmao.

No regrets at all. thumb up

Parmaniac
laughing out loud

Check out the second definition for "chidori", you won't regret it. You finally started to watch Naruto?

celeyhyga17

Horrificus
This feat has always been canon. Argued several hundred times.
It will always b canon. Regardless of how many of u r suddenly interested in how GROUNDED in reality the stories, feats and comments r.
It IS canon.

I'm surprised some of u r so vocal about your stances on this topic.
Do u have ANY idea, how rediculous, imbecilic, childish, ETHEREAL, cartoon-like, dream-sequence, lobotomy-laden and unbelievable the feats, stories, settings, comments and explanations are, for the characters that most of u stroke?
If u want to go this route, I am fairly confident that, using your tactics and strategies, I can successfully argue a truckload of feats, away into oblivion by the weekend.

Seriously. Think about some of the stories, situations, settings and actions, the major fan-favorites have been defended with.

If I start listing them, u will all devour eachother.
For starters, u guys can discuss some Superboy, Hulk, Sentry, Superman, Doctor Strange, Herc, Flash, Thanos, FF, Doctor Doom, etc.

How many SILLY Bugs Bunny feats on-panel?
How many alternate dimensions, magical realms, dream-states...
How many actions, powers, comments and legends that make absolutely no sense, r contradicted in many other locations, have various attributes given at different times, and on and on.

Really, Thor using a mystical vessel, in a strange state of reality, to view and attack a creature that can effect multiple realities and is the size of earth, is quite TAME, when compared to the goofiness your faves have been involved with.

abhilegend

StiltmanFTW
This feat has always been canon. Argued several hundred times.

Nobody is arguing about its canonicity. Wake up.

It's just not nearly impressive as thorbags want it to be, given the nature of the serpent and the dimension the feat has happened in, that's all.

celeyhyga17
Still mighty impressive.

StiltmanFTW
Sure, just not quantifiable, much like Herc's Atlas feat.

Hulk would replicate it with his pinkie.

Horrificus
laughing out loud

The sheer desperation here. oh abhi. U, with the characters u so adore, r feeling vulnerable at the moment. And, rightly so. As a matter of fact, I bet, at this very moment, u r thinking of several "ify" feats, or details involving characters u defend.
Thinking of how nice it has been, not having certain debaters dig at those weak spots.
Don't worry, u aren't alone. At this moment, I am looking at several scans involving a handful of characters. The depicted situations are so clownish, so thoroughly retarded, so "Disneyesque", that I am actually a little embarassed to b viewing them.

I'm sure everyone here can list specific instances of questionable, yet overused content, that should probably b scrutinized a bit, by board memberd. Just to establish some form of baseline. Thats all.

celeyhyga17
Sure, just not quantifiable, much like Herc's Atlas feat.

Hulk would replicate it with his pinkie.
The thing that makes it a bit unclear is the fact that the Jormugand was squeezing earth with its ethereal coil... And not because of yawning void business. The yawning void doesn't drastically change ones characteristics as far as I know. At least there's never been a mention of such an idea(I think). Bringing up the size of the Serpent in the void is also moot because it is a notorious shape shifter and retains its weight and power no matter what size(big enough to wrap itself around earth). Another thing is it rooted itself at the World Tree and wrapped its other end(ethereal coil) on earth. When Thor hooked it, it was in the process of squeezing earth. He was contending with whatever force was causing planet wide disasters(gravity like??)...

abhilegend
oh abhi. U, with the characters u so adore, r feeling vulnerable at the moment. And, rightly so. As a matter of fact, I bet, at this very moment, u r thinking of several "ify" feats, or details involving characters u defend.
Thinking of how nice it has been, not having certain debaters dig at those weak spots.
Don't worry, u aren't alone. At this moment, I am looking at several scans involving a handful of characters. The depicted situations are so clownish, so thoroughly retarded, so "Disneyesque", that I am actually a little embarassed to b viewing them.

I'm sure everyone here can list specific instances of questionable, yet overused content, that should probably b scrutinized a bit, by board memberd. Just to establish some form of baseline. Thats all.
laughing out loud

Sure quanchi Jr.

Horrificus
laughing out loud

Sure quanchi Jr. ok.

krisblaze
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Stop your shitty obfuscating droning responses.

This happens everytime with you. You make long winded attempts at deflecting with poorly thought out whataboutisms that don't apply.

And it definitely does not apply here. It has nothing to do with comics being difficult to draw to scale.

They meant that scale very literally.

Again we see Thor physically tie the serpent in a knot around an ordinary phucking tree. With branches and leaves that would easily fill up its jaws. And that was after he got It's attention with a normal sized cow. The serpent is literally no thicker than the length of Thor's wingspan in the panel where he wraps it around the tree. And it's head barely big enough to swallow the cow whole.

The rest of what you wrote is pointless. The feat is supposed to be for Thor yet all you've proven is that the serpent is strong enough to contend with Thor.

So in essence all you are saying is that we are supposed to be impressed that Thor is strong enough to fight something...as strong as himself!! Wowww!

"Thor is so strong he can contend with his own level of strength!"

Jesus Christ.

The feat is dead. The serpent struggled while it was wrapped around an ordinary tree. Right after we see it metaphysically (not literally) wrapped around the earth.

You ever make a post like this again, you fu cking f@ggot and I will end you in the battlezone.

XLR87T3
Which comic was the "Thor lifting a cat" from?

Horrificus
Which comic was the "Thor lifting a cat" from?
Thor 272 ?
Nice ref.
thumb up

XLR87T3, yer gonna go places!

XLR87T3
"Nice ref"? What are you talking about?

StiltmanFTW
He doesn't know. Horri is clueless.

He thought we were discussing the canonicity of the feat, lmao.

Philosophía
He doesn't know. Horri is clueless.

He thought we were discussing the canonicity of the feat, lmao. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar88970_1.gif

https://i.imgur.com/mm7ptIZ.jpg

Horrificus
Originally posted by krisblaze
You ever make a post like this again, you fu cking f@ggot and I will end you in the battlezone. And THAT is how the "Big Boys" do it.

I'm gonna get that put on a t-shirt.

StiltmanFTW

Damborgson
Originally posted by krisblaze
You ever make a post like this again, you fu cking f@ggot and I will end you in the battlezone.

Kris is hungry for some action.

StiltmanFTW
He wants you inside him thumb up

Philosophía
Kris's fetish is to dress as Jason Aaron and have Damborg scream "Pendejo!" at him.

StiltmanFTW
You would need 35 krisblazes to build one Jason Aaron... one Aaron who narrowly survived a famine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.