Workout tips

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Valkorion
any tips for working out?

Flyattractor
Getting up off your fat ass is a good first step.

BackFire
The best workout activity is the one you find the most fun.

Flyattractor
Poor Internet Modding is a Poor Exercise

BackFire
But it is very fun.

Flyattractor
But Your Butt is Fat!

BackFire
You like big butts and you can not lie.

Flyattractor
Your butt is so wide it makes your couch cry.

BackFire
My couch is a saint and I won't hear another word about it.

Flyattractor
Your couch is muffled by your ginormous Gluteus Max.

IT CAN"T BREATH UNDER ALL THAT!!!!

BackFire
IT CAN BREATHE JUST FINE

Flyattractor
It Wheezes in Utmost Crushing Misery!

BackFire
Still breathing!

Flyattractor
And probably sweating profusely. Cause this is the most you ever actually WORK OUT!

Oh the Carpet...

VictresFriend
personally, i do not work out very much

but if others have their own opinions, that is fine

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Valkorion
any tips for working out? Yeah, work out for a sport like boxing and then you look good and gain a skill and something competitive. Working out for narcissistic reasons will never give you the results you want unless you take shitloads of gear and really clean up your diet.

Mindship
Keep it fun.
Keep it simple.
Keep it functional.

shiv
A Functional, Simple + Fun Workout

Venue: Women's Outdoor Track and Field Championships

Operation: Grab Ass and Run

You'll need a good pair of running shoes for this

dadudemon
Do weights and cardio. Weights 4 days a week. Cardio 5 days a week for 30 minutes to an hour.

Eat enough decent food and in enough quantities.

Drink enough water.

The most important element:

Be consistent.

Being consistent is more important than anything else.

There's no secret. Just gotta eat right and workout - consistently.

SquallX

Mindship
Originally posted by shiv
A Functional, Simple + Fun Workout

Venue: Women's Outdoor Track and Field Championships

Operation: Grab Ass and Run

You'll need a good pair of running shoes for this Ah, the good ol' pre-metoo days.

playa1258
Find something you like doing and form your workouts around that. I train Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and I form my workouts around that.

So for me 6 days a week of bjj, 4 days of weights alternating between heavy days and high rep days. Cardio 2-3 days a week.

Get proper rest/nutrition and earn your cheat meal.

Killjoy12
This is by far the best. Fun, good exercise fresh air and great scenery.

https://media.timeout.com/images/103510283/image.jpg

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/20/37/21/4322409/3/920x920.jpg

Putinbot1
Cardio is a funny one because it depends on age, person and time constraints. No way I'm doin HIIT at my age but skipping, power walking and the heavy bag are all good. Mix it up, I always get my 10,000 steps in, in a day.

Mindship
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Cardio is a funny one because it depends on age, person and time constraints. No way I'm doin HIIT at my age but skipping, power walking and the heavy bag are all good. Mix it up, I always get my 10,000 steps in, in a day. Walking is sooo underrated as an exercise. When I see someone jogging, I get tempted to yell out, Unless you're training for a race, you're working too hard! Lower incidence of injury, effective cardio, calorie burn is the same per distance (only per time is jogging better, but then, there's that injury-thing again).

Heavy-bag is great, too, for spontaneity in WOs, but at my age, sometimes I start to feel the, uh, *protests* in my joints (especially hips, from kicking).
Last I checked, though, I was still able to do the Sitting-Rising test. Happy Dance

Putinbot1
Exactly MS, the only kicks I do now on the bag teep to the mid section, low leg and mid section Samart Payakaroon and knees especially skip knee drills. I do more regular boxing on it, including boxing footwork, changing levels etc, which you simply don't do in Muay Thai because you'd end up eating knees in the ring. Not that I ever intend to competitively fight again.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mindship
Walking is sooo underrated as an exercise. When I see someone jogging, I get tempted to yell out, Unless you're training for a race, you're working too hard! Lower incidence of injury, effective cardio, calorie burn is the same per distance (only per time is jogging better, but then, there's that injury-thing again).

Heavy-bag is great, too, for spontaneity in WOs, but at my age, sometimes I start to feel the, uh, *protests* in my joints (especially hips, from kicking).
Last I checked, though, I was still able to do the Sitting-Rising test. Happy Dance

You hit the punching bag at times? That's cool!

Mindship
Originally posted by dadudemon
You hit the punching bag at times? That's cool! About 15 years ago, my 80 lb bag finally gave (only so much duct tape can do). I went to Model's and fell in love with a 100-lb'er. Hanging that in my garage, my wife said, "Y'know, you're not as young as you used to be." She had a point.

I don't do it as much as I used to. And like Putinbot1, I do more boxing-type stuff, though usually with bare palm strikes (I don't use gloves, even with punching) + bobbing/weaving. It's nothing much, just to keep some basic muscle memory in case I ever do find myself in a dire situation.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindship
"Y'know, you're not as young as you used to be." She had a point.

When I hear that I respond with "And your ass isn't as small as it used to be."

*the whole bus cheered*

Mindship
Originally posted by Robtard
When I hear that I respond with "And your ass isn't as small as it used to be."

*the whole bus cheered* laughing out loud

KyCooool
The best workout is when you accomplish what you had planned out to do.

Putinbot1
No, the best workout is where you exceed your planned goals.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.