Vitiate's ability to devour The Force is a variation of Thought Bomb?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freedon Nadd
The description of the thought bomb in Drew's Darth Bane: Path of Destruction:

Vitiate feeds on the conflicts of The Old Republic - gathering enough power and moves to Ziost

After he fed on the conflicts, he possessed the people on Ziost:

Koepcz describing the thought bomb:

From my understanding what Vitiate does on Ziost is similar to a thought bomb. He mind-controls those individuals and makes them cause slaughters which in turn release Dark Side energies in the corporeal reality. Vitiate draws those Dark Side energies towards himself and converts them into a Dark Side blast - and essentially he turns himself into a thought bomb. And he does not really drain anything, the Dark Side blast does that for him. Given that Vitiate is "at the epicenter of the detonation", everything that is drained - naturally - it is directed at him.

Bellow you have an image with visual depiction of the thought bomb and Vitiate's Ziost Cataclysm

NewGuy01
I mean, you probably already know this, but the Thought Bomb being based on Vitiate's ritual (Nathema specifically) has already been established. I believe it's mentioned in the Book of Sith, or something? In any case, this is a neat insight on how the ritual may have worked. thumb up

NewGuy01
Actually, it seems to have been from Force and Destiny.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Actually, it seems to have been from Force and Destiny.

Unfortunately it has been revealed that Vitiate used the Zildrog on Medriaas. So that has been a misinterpretation compared to the new lore. However you could say that Vitiate's first ritual was not that sophisticated, and that is why he needed the Zildrog. The Zildrog served as the energy convertor because Vitiate's power to mind control would not be great enough to amass huge reserves of Dark Side energy.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I mean, you probably already know this, but the Thought Bomb being based on Vitiate's ritual (Nathema specifically) has already been established. I believe it's mentioned in the Book of Sith, or something? In any case, this is a neat insight on how the ritual may have worked. thumb up

I was explaining the process.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.