Merovingian's lair

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

patman69za
In Merovingian's hideout we see a binary code in the background 101, translated it stands for the number 5, could this have any significance to the anomolies and the amount of times the matrix has been reloaded?

Dexx
no...these are fans analising too damn much

happy kine
also in his liar... was some guy being carted off (in full arrested fasion) whats the deal with that?

Tex
I dont think that's his hideout.
He was just having lunch.

That's why the Oracle told Neo to be at that exact loaction at the exact time specified. She also foresaw the cake incident and knew that P would go postal.

patman69za
I hate to argue with you Tex, but how else would the keymaker be there trapped, and the merovingian with his people be seated at the biggest table in the room. It is his restaurante and where he prepares that spanish-fly cake for that woman. Also the building is laced with explosives. And to meet them a a specific time is exactly the time that Neo is expected to be there, remember he has already made his choice, but now he must understand it... where this place has the binary (computer programming language for these programs) number 5 in this room where the other five anomolies have been before Neo - "I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you" - Merovingian

Tex
*head explodes* stick out tongue

kapitan
yeah...
In matrix 1 this number did stand on his door, "follow the white rabbit"...

Tex
As for the 101, I dont really think it has any major significance, they just happened to be on the 101 floor in that building.

Skittles19
nope... The wachowski bros def. put the 101 in there for a reason.. there's another instance realting to Trinity in the original where the number 303 ( trinity..three) is seen.. I don't remember what the 101 was supposed to mean.. was it because neo can be rearranged as one?

patman69za
thanks, I think the building has been "reloaded" five times already and 101 been 5 in binary just shows that it has been reloaded five times - but one thing really bothers me, what happened to Tank? I know Dozer died in the first movie but Tank was there to save Neo and now in the second film they say he is dead, how?

turin
injuries from the wounds. he lived just long enough to save neo, then died.

patman69za
that is a lame way for Tank to die, he seemed pretty healthy to me

Sifer
101 is Thomas Andersons room number in the first film. Not to mention the name of the Restaurant is Le Vrai, which means: The Truth smile

patman69za
very observant sifer, but that just concludes that Neo was meant to be at the restaurant and maybe the wachowski brothers thought of the matrix reloaded idea even back then. What would the truth have to do with the merovingian i wonder?

Sifer
"Choice is just an illusion created by those with power.........and those without"

The Merovingian is one of the oldest programs remember and he is also deals with information. He knows the truth possibly?

EDIT: Remember, there are a LOT of one liners in this film which are very easy to miss because the Wachowski's did it on purposely.

For example, when Neo and co. arrive back at Zion, a conversation between Neo and Trinity discussing why Morpheus and Deadbolt don't particularly like each other. The conversation ends with Neo saying "Yeah...she can do that" meaning the Oracle.

When he says that, it immediately cuts to another camera shot. It does this again a few times throughout the film and specifically on one very important line when talking to the Architect smile

patman69za
damn sifer not bad, I belive the Merovingian is part of the truth, and he definitely knows the truth. The Merovingian were a clan of people that were exiled (as in the matrix) and they were source of information, also they helped the crusades in their quest for the holy grail. Altogether that is a direct reference to Neo and co seeking the Keymaker as their holy grail.

The merovingian was once like Neo, according to pesephony, I believe maybe in the end he would end up helping Neo instead of fighting him.

PS I watched to much of Morpheus, I am using "I believe" way too many times!

Sifer
Yep and they were French too hence that is his favourite language smile Or the Franks they were called then I believe.

The "I believe" stuff that Morpheus spouts are the bases of his background really. The Wachowski's show how something false can cause people to believe because they wantto believe. It also gives them hope and as the Architect put it "Hope it is the quintessential human emotion? that is your greatest strength and greatest weakness" or something along those lines.

It's all just another level of control! :P

coolboarder98
patman69za,

The Wachowski brothers had akready had pretty much all of the ideas to all 3 movies way back before they did the first Matrix movie. If you've ever watched Revisited, they mention they had to get at least one film under their belt before being able to make the Matrix trilogy. They made some low budget($10,000) movie about love or some crapwink

Sifer
Oh, I knew about that the films were always at least meant to be 2 films. But when they split to 3 it didn't surprise me. Literally the day after I saw the Matrix on the big screen I read the info about the sequels on the net. It was all originally (before the Matrix came out or even began production) meant to be one film, but it was WAAAAAAY too long :P

Sifer
Oh and if you guys want some serious Bible shit, go to http://www.bibleonline.com

Go to Revelations Chapter 1, read the stuff highlighted in red and see who said it. If you have played the game then you will know what I am talking about, if not, you wont. But if you want me to, I will tell you who said it (in the game that is).

There is literally hundreds of references.

Another reference (not from the bible) is Persephone. She was the Greek & Roman Goddess (they had slightly different names, had the same title, but I always forget which is named Persephone) of the Underworld. She was stolen by Hades, god of the underworld and they wed.

It is also interesting to note that Persephone is the Daughter of Zeus & Demeter. Demeter was the Goddess of the Harvest and you all know who Zeus is smile

There are LOTS more. Here is one I laughed at though:

The names of the 2 Werewolves are: Cain & Abel...LMAO

Then you have Morpheus who was the Greek God of Dreams. The Wachowski's are intelligent mofo's.

patman69za
Interesting take on Persephone, because Niobe is also mentioned but she claimed to be prettier than the goddesses and have more children (but I don't think in the matrix she was meant to be a ****), she had 12. One such goddess that was offended by her claims sent her two children to slay all of Niobe's children and turned Niobe into stone, is she the mother of the matrix? My head is going to continue to swirl until Revolutions (and I hope it does not disappoint!)

Lord_Seth
Note that while running away from the twins Trinity and Morpehus take road 101 (highway no' 101) maybe that is the answer?

patman69za
it seems that all these 101's lead to one thing - they are counting how many times the matrix has been reloaded - 101 = 5!!!!

If this is part of the theme of the movie, taking into regard counselor hamaan's emphasis on control and how quickly Neo responds ("we can switch these machines off if we wanted to"wink Neo defies his purpose in the end by choosing his left door to save Trinity, defying all logic, he has just stepped out of control... perhaps this is meant by the one been able to change things at will....

syberlux
Hello Patman69za and All;

I was advised to watch "Matrix Reloaded"... and I too did notice how the number "101" stood out in the building.

I think I might have found an inside message?

Yes... in the movie the number "101" shows up again in the Highway scene with Neo, Morpehis, Etc. and the saving of the Key Master.

Though the actual road scene was shot South of San Francisco... the movie focus of the road scene is "Los Angeles" in which "Highway 101" goes through... and Los Angeles is known as "The City of The Angels".

"Hy 101" is in reality... "History 101". Check out the History of "The Merovingian Dynasty" and a book called "Holy Blood Holy Grail".

Yes... it would seem that 101 is binary no "5"... again what does the number five mean? In the major archana of The Tarot, the fifth card is "The Hierophant" or "The Pope". He is depicted as the Christ sucessor representative on earth,,, and is also depicted as having "The Holy Keys of Heaven (and Hel)l".

Meanwile... why Los Angeles? The real history of the founding of Los Angeles may have had some Merovingian ancestors involved. The origin of "Mary Queen of the Angels" needs to be reserarched also... check also a book called "Kiva, Cross, and Crown" in regards to the forming of a Mission called "Pecos" (New Mexico)... and the later moving of some families to what is now Los Angeles.

So... does the real "Merovingian Pope" reside in Los Angeles... and has the so-called "Old Merovingian Program" thereby corrupted in such a way that Neo for example acts like a Anti-virus/Fixer program to restore the Matrix only to find that it was been over-written time and again? Wow... These Wachcowski Bros. are something else !!!

Sifer
Very nice syberlux. This could fit into the theme of The Merovingian (possibly) being "Hades" - God of the Underworld who was married to Persephone. The underworld theme would fit due to the Vampires, Werewolves and Ghosts etc.

Then you have Demeter who is the Goddess of the Harvest, who was married to Zeus, who's daughter is Persephone . This could possibly link to "The Oracle" to being Demeter and The Architect to be Zeus etc etc.

I have no doubts that all background theories (which are definately all there on purpose) will become clear when we see the 3rd film smile

Ushgarak
Oh gee, not 'The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail'...

(falls into hysterics)

syberlux
Hello All;

Thanks for the feedback...

Yep... the Merovingian Dynasty boasts to have some sort of Greco/Trojan origin. So the Greek Mythology portion could fit The Matrix Theme. Yes... it would that "Zeus" does fit "The Architech"
Perhaps Neo is short for "Neophite"... and could be depicted by "The Fool Card" The "0" and/or "The Magician Card" "1"... Binary "0" and "1"

Meanwhile... "The Holy Blood-Holy Grail" twist seems in my opinion present in the matix as well... would not "Sion" be like "Zion"?

Regarding "Zion"... it seems to fit an underground version of "Zion National Park" located in Southern Utah which was originally connected to the Old Santa Fe Pioneer Trail to New Mexico.

Am I on to something...?

patman69za
syberlux, that is too much! your knowledge of the history of the merovingian's is very impressive, the question about 101 = 5, what does 5 mean? I have theorised that it means that the matrix has been reloaded five times, and the number is present in the first film interestingly. How you tied all of this into tarat cards is quite impressive. The fool card, I hope this does not defame Neo as a character in the matrix, but tying Zion to a national park?!?! Zion is defined as the historic land of the Jews, I am not saying that all the people of Zion atre Jews but remeber that the Jews were at one stage looking for the promised land - I think you can figure that part out from there. Please argue with me, like keeping this thread going even though it has somewhat left the topic of the Merovingian! But the name Merovingian's Lair is kind of catchy!

Sifer
Well you could say that Neo is "The One" and Smith is "The Zero" smile

Have a think about what I mean :P

MISTA BEEN
DO ANY OF U KNOW HOW TO UNLOCK NEO IN THE PS2?

MISTA BEEN
IN REPLY TO patman69za
I THINK ALL THIS NUMBER STUFF IS CRAZY BUT THE JEWISH IDEA IS QUIET REASNABLE...OoPS I WAS SUPPOSED TO argue, SORRY. IM NOT THAT KINDA GUY big grin big grin big grin

syberlux
Hi All;

Going to the Tarot Arcana... I think SIFER might be correct about "Neo" being "The One", or "1" aka:"The Magician". I think perhaps "The Zero", or "0" aka: "The Fool" might be the young man he rescued (I forgot his name) wanting to join Neo and the group. Now would "Trinity" be "3" aka: "The High Priestess", "The Merovigian" being "4" aka: "The Emperor or King", and "The Keymaker" being "5" aka: "The Hierophant or Pope"... It just seems to fit?

Going to the book "Kiva. Cross, and Crown"... it is recorded that fourteen years before the building of "Pecos Mission" in Pecos (New Mexico) there was an attempt by Spanish Marano's to create a Jewish colony outpost... this is historically true. Years later... when the "Pecos Mission" was dismantled... many of those families migrated elsewhere, and settled in a west coast indian pueblo village and named it "Los Angeles". Unlike the other California Missions of the time dedicated to the Blessed Mother of the Franciscan Order... Pecos Mission, and Los Angeles was dedicated to "Mary Queen of the Angels". I I found interesting about "The Pecos Colony"... The mountains nearby are called "The Sang Grails" or mountain of the Grail.

Regarding "Zion", and my theory connecting "Zion National Park"... check out whats there in how it looks... and how you have to take a very long tunnel to get into "Zion Canyon". Perhaps a portion of the members of "Pecos" went in the direction of what is Zion?

What do you think...?

PS: PATMAN69za... Perhaps Numerology might have clues to what the number "5" might represent?

Sifer
I know this is a bit off topic but I was just watching Reloaded again and was looking at all the Licence Plate numbers on the cars during the Highway Scene.

The one on the car which Trinity is driving is:

DA0203

Go take a look at this:

http://www.carm.org/kjv/Dan/Dan_2.htm

And read verse 3-5. smile

I spent all the time looking at what references their might be...I have quite a few written down. I may post another topic with all the info I have.

patman69za
hey syberlux, that seems quite a brilliant connection you have put together regarding the numbering of the tarat cards to the members of the matrix.

let's see

Neo - new, recent or new world
Trinity - union of three
Morpheus - God of dreams
Serpah - a celestial being having three pairs of wings, or the first of nine orders of angels
Merovingian - Frankish ruling dynasty
Persephone - daughter of Demter and Zeus who was abducted by Hades but rescued by her mother
Cypher - mathematical number 0 denoting absense of quantity or one having no ifluence or value
Niobe - daughter of Tantalus and after boasting she had more children than Leto suffered the killing of her own children by Arthemis and Apollo and turned to stone
Oracle - A person considered to be a source of wise counsel or prophetic opinions or A person, such as a priestess, through whom a deity is held to respond when consulted
Ghost - A demon or spirit
Kali - goddes of death and destruction
Architect - name explains itself, or the Great Architect = God

anyone I miss that is of value? And what was that kid's name who saved himself?

Scott Robb
France was the home of the Mergovinian kings, a group that some authors claim to be the direct descendants of the bloodline of Jesus Chist.

There are those who say that this group has controlled since the olden days (here on OUR earth, not the movies). Tony Blair and George Bush supposedly descend from this bloodline as have many ohter world leaders.

Scott Robb
Actually the mountain's nearby are the San Gabriel mountains and "Sang is not a word that means mountains.

Mountain in Spanish is Montana (pronounced montanya)

You can Google info on L.A. history but let me save you the trouble and tell you that this version of it is totally false (well, okay, it was founded by Franciscan's but they came from the Sounth in their development of the "Camino Real"wink The first Mission in the L.A. area was the "Mission San Gabriel" which is probably named after the Arch Angel Gabriel.

The translation of L.A.'s name in spanish means: "The Town of Our Lady the Queen of the Angeles of Porciuncula". No offense intended here but go burn that book dude, it's pure horseshit!

Zion is defined by the dictionary as:
1.The historic land of Israel as a symbol of the Jewish people.
2. The Jewish people; Israel.
3. A place or religious community regarded as sacredly devoted to God.
4. An idealized, harmonious community; utopia.

Zion Nat'l park is named that by the Mormon's who predominate in Utah. They named it in line w/ definition #3

My money's on #4 for Zion in the Matrix

Scott

SpikeSpiegel
I never realised there was so much hidden stuff in the matrix films. It looks like everything has a meaning.

Scott Robb
Actually, the first Movie has roots in MANY Philosophic studies. It represents a "Truth" that is present in many systems of belief and religions from the beginning through today.

Perhaps that is why it has such massive appeal. As well as being immensly entertaining - it speaks to the truth that is within us all.

Scott

Sifer
Yep...everything has a meaning in both films. The Wachowski's are very intelligent people but very closed, so we don't hear much about them.

patman69za
my final thought on this subject: i hope all the questions posed in this thread and other intelligent threads are answered in revolution and not obscured so that you leave Revolutions thinking, "what the hell did that mean??"

But there will definitely be talking points!

syberlux
Hello Scott Robb;

I think you need to read the book for yourself. The original book "Kiva, Cross, and Crown" was published by The U.S. Printing Office.

Get a map of "The Pecos Mission Area" Pecos, New Mexico. The so-called "Jewish Colony" lasted 14 years before Pecos Misson was built. As far as Los Angeles history... why is "101" and Los Angeles chosen in Reloaded?
It is like "Harlem/So. Bronx" (New York City) chosen for "The Oracle"?

OKay?

Scott Robb
I said this because I cannot find the author's purported version of L.A. history anywhere in my searches, my kids history books or in my recollection of history from my school days (both in Catholic and public schools) here in L.A.. When I can find no substantiation for unusual claims, I usually take them with a grain of salt; particularly when there is much evidence to the contrary and there would be no motive for inaccuracy in that evidence. Please consider the fact of the author's definition of the mountain's name being apparently made up (even the name was wrong!)

I do not have the book so I cannot refer to the footnotes myself.
May I please ask, what source(s) does he cite for this information? I would sincerely like to review the source.

I do not know the accuracy of the NM info that he writes of. NM goes back WAY farther than California history!

The Franciscan Brotherhood, globally, has more than enough controversy and conspiracy theories surrounding it to negate the need of anyone to create yet another group. :-) From what I recall, jews weren't welcome at all in Spain in those days (the Inquisition and aftwewards, you know) and what Jew's were there had to pretend to be Catholics. I could not imagine any sort of colusion between the Fanciscan's and the Jews unless the former were gathering kindling wood to burn the latter <grin>. The Franciscans we're known to be a ruthless lot that let no one stand in their way, ever.

I don't know what (if any) meaning L.A. being in the story has. Perhaps because this is the land where dreams are forged into reality.

As far as the 101 (Hollywood / Ventura freeway) FWIW in movie trivia terms, it isn't what is in the movie (although, it is supposed to be). Looks more like something up in the S.F. Bay area. I know they shot in Alameda so perhaps, this is where that awesome freeway sequence was created.

Mr. Anderson
can someone explain the architects portion to me

chico23
You should find a related thread if you look of for it....Mr. Anderson. hehe I sound like Smith. laughing out loud

patman69za
Just realised: What about the bit when the oracle gives Neo the red candy after she tells him that he only has to understand what his purpose is. Red candy = red pill... am I going anywhere with this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.