Tyson Fury finds America like a third world Country

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/46369351

Hail the Gypsy King!

snowdragon
Originally posted by Putinbot1

Hail the Gypsy King!

The more appropriate statement was that he found LA to look like a third world country, which is in the state that is arguably the most socially sensitive and wealthiest in the USA with the highest population living under poverty.

Deadline
Some parts of America are like the third world.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Deadline
Some parts of America are like the third world. Why does the Lotus allow this?

Surtur
Originally posted by snowdragon
The more appropriate statement was that he found LA to look like a third world country, which is in the state that is arguably the most socially sensitive and wealthiest in the USA with the highest population living under poverty.

Lol bwhahaha.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Putinbot1

Hail the Gypsy King!

Originally posted by snowdragon

I'd add to snowdragon's comment and say that your headline, which is clearly intended to troll, is dishonest.

He saw the homeless situation in LA due to the location he was staying at that was NOT curated to isolate him from seeing all the homeless. LA does a wonderful job of curating the visual experience of the wealthy and celebrities by having them insulated from the homeless. He just so happened to stay where he wasn't isolated. After seeing that, he realized how terrible the homeless situation is in wealthy countries and decided to tackle the homeless in the UNITED KINGDOM, not the US.

I now work in a city that has lots of homeless near. I talked to law enforcement to see why there are so many homeless despite the growing wealth and population. His answer made be buttmad:

When people get into trouble with the law, they go to jail or prison. After they get released, they have to go somewhere. Where do they go? Here is what states around Oklahoma are doing: they buy them a one-way bus ticket to Tulsa. From the surrounding states as far away as Utah. The police know this because when they collect information on the inmates, when they get arrested for various things (theft, loitering, fighting, etc.), the ask them questions and see their records. And they tell the police exactly how they ended up in Tulsa.

Weird, right? That's terrible.

So what do you do about the homeless population? There's plenty of work to do. They refuse to get jobs. They refuse to get educations. They just want to live day to day on the streets, stealing to get by, urinating on cars and doorsteps. Shitting in gutters. Being homeless for many of them is a state of mind, not a state of being. You cannot make them un-homeless. Unless you force them to do something like...go to prison.

So what's the solution? My brother, as an unintended part of his job, has to fight homeless people on a weekly basis. He has to deal with them on a daily basis in multiple cities all over multiple states. He wants to execute a majority of them. He believes they are a waste of everything and the world, including nature, would be a better place without them. We had this argument for a good hour, last night.

So what is the compromise between "homicidal sanitization" and "communism for everyone!"

Flyattractor
What? You mean to say that L.A aint run by Rightest Incels?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Deadline
Some parts of America are like the third world. Flys hometown?

Beniboybling
fantastic 21st century thinking from dapoopy in this thread, no doubt the apple doesn't fall far from the tree when it comes to family members coming out in support of class genocide. sad

Flyattractor
First thought that came to mind is "WhoDaFunk is Tyson Fury & Why should I give a Shit what He thinks". So yeah.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Beniboybling
fantastic 21st century thinking from dadudemon in this thread, no doubt the apple doesn't fall far from the tree when it comes to family members coming out in support of class genocide. sad

I think you didn't read my post where I stated I argued about his perspective for over an hour. It's quite obvious I oppose "class genocide." It's also obvious that I oppose "communism for everyone." I asked for a compromise between those two-poles to solve the problem. I didn't ask for clear indications of your reading comprehension issues, however. thumb up

I know it's hard to imagine what it's like to have to deal with homeless on a daily basis in your manicured and pedicured lifestyle. Getting assaulted and battered on at least a weekly basis by homeless people may affect your insulated and pampered mind a bit. blushing

Also, "NB4 "lol, trolled and triggered ddm"

Also, since when did we become wholly and completely responsible for ideas and beliefs our family members hold? Are families supposed to be a "hive-mind" where only one thought is allowed? I'm not the patriarch of our family and we aren't ancient Hebrews. awesome

Emperordmb
Yeah that's what Beni does, he's a snarky **** in such a way that if you call him out on something stupid he says he can just slip into this trolly bullshit and be all "oh I'm not taking it seriously haha, I'm immune from any criticism"

Beniboybling
lol, trolled and triggered ddm

dadudemon
Originally posted by Beniboybling
lol, trolled and triggered ddm

legit lol'd haermm

Well played.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah that's what Beni does, he's a snarky **** in such a way that if you call him out on something stupid he says he can just slip into this trolly bullshit and be all "oh I'm not taking it seriously haha, I'm immune from any criticism"

Well, that's why I added that. Half serious, half joking. I do remember the days of Ushgarak bringing the hammer and posts like that would get you a warning and second posts would get a ban. Not sure if I want it to be that serious around these parts again but it was tough for trolls to troll.

BackFire
DDM stop trolling or that'll be a ban.

dadudemon
Originally posted by BackFire
DDM stop trolling or that'll be a ban.

hmm

I thought I had some BJ-insurance still left in the bank. Guess I have to reload the "account." 😓

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
I think you didn't read my post where I stated I argued about his perspective for over an hour. It's quite obvious I oppose "class genocide." It's also obvious that I oppose "communism for everyone." I asked for a compromise between those two-poles to solve the problem. I didn't ask for clear indications of your reading comprehension issues, however. thumb up

I know it's hard to imagine what it's like to have to deal with homeless on a daily basis in your manicured and pedicured lifestyle. Getting assaulted and battered on at least a weekly basis by homeless people may affect your insulated and pampered mind a bit. blushing

Also, "NB4 "lol, trolled and triggered ddm"

Also, since when did we become wholly and completely responsible for ideas and beliefs our family members hold? Are families supposed to be a "hive-mind" where only one thought is allowed? I'm not the patriarch of our family and we aren't ancient Hebrews. awesome

Bingo, he'll have no valid response.

BackFire
Price is going way, way up, DDM.

On topic, the LA homeless problem is pretty bad. I go to LA at least once a year with my girlfriend to attend an LA Kings hockey game and it's a strange experience around the arena. There are tons of nice, fancy, expensive stores and restaurants, and high end executives walking around in $3,000 suits, and then right next to them will be homeless people wandering around or sitting across the street. It's kind of a surreal experience and very sad.

That said, I don't really know what the solution is, or if there even is one. People joke and kneejerk that it's leftist policies that somehow are the cause but the homeless situation isn't just in LA and SF, it's also in San Diego, which as far as I know much more moderate than LA/SF. In fact, from what I saw last time I was in San Diego for the comic con, the homeless situation there was worse than I've ever experienced in LA, where at night sidewalks outside of shops and houses in downtown SD were literally filled with sleeping homeless people in sleeping bags that you had to essentially step over.

I think it has less to do with any particular political policy and more to do with the constantly good weather here and so homeless people from across the nation essentially migrate to California where they don't really have to worry about being cold or it raining too often. Plus the general population here in Cali is used to them and just kind of leaves them be. Even the police are pretty lax with them, letting them sleep on benches or bus stops at night so long as they aren't bothering anyone.

We have quite a few in orange county as well. There's actually one who lives in this little grassy area in the taco bell parking lot like a block from my house. He's been there for years and everyone kinda knows him, and he seems pretty nice. I've seen him helping people jump their cars and giving directions and just chatting with people. Just seems more or less like a regular guy. Homeless people have this nasty stigma about them, that they're all mentally unstable and dangerous crack addicts, but many are just more or less regular people who have had bad luck or made bad decisions and don't really have anywhere to go.

snowdragon

I think it has less to do with any particular political policy and more to do with the constantly good weather here and so homeless people from across the nation essentially migrate to California where they don't really have to worry about being cold or it raining too often. Plus the general population here in Cali is used to them and just kind of leaves them be. Even the police are pretty lax with them, letting them sleep on benches or bus stops at night so long as they aren't bothering anyone.

Vice has done some reporting on the problem:

Santa Barbara

San Francisco

Of course the obvious solution is to gather up all the homeless and build tiny homes for them on the lawns of the well to do's!

Flyattractor
Price is going way, way up, DDM.

Bada really been riding your balls lately huh BF?!

rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

shiv
Fury FTW

dadudemon
Homeless people have this nasty stigma about them, that they're all mentally unstable and dangerous crack addicts, but many are just more or less regular people who have had bad luck or made bad decisions and don't really have anywhere to go.

About 1/3, according to this Tulsa-based research article, are bad and are in and out of the justice system.

The other 2/3 are mostly like your Park-Bench guy. They generally leave people alone and are people mostly okay in their head...except for the fact that they refuse to get jobs and refuse to do anything better with their lives. Probably almost all of them, however, have mental issues starting with the issue that prevents them from trying to anything about their situation (severe depression, for example).

Flyattractor
Tyson Fury is a Boxer? Ohhh I get it. He is Brain Damaged due to all the Head Trauma brought on by his participation in a very Toxic Masculine Sport.

His is also White. That makes his Opinion worthless.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Tyson Fury is a Boxer? Ohhh I get it. He is Brain Damaged due to all the Head Trauma brought on by his participation in a very Toxic Masculine Sport.

1. You're committing the ad hominem logical fallacy, here. His head trauma does not invalidate his point. The content of the point is the item you should be debating.
2. You can calm down with your tantrum because Whirly is trolling the Yanks (the US people) with his title. Read the article. He saw the homelessness in LA and realized he needs to do something about the homeless in the UK. It was just an epiphany. He's not anti-US. Just his experience with seeing the homeless in LA caused him to have that epiphany. Like I said, Whirly is just trolling the Yanks and it is for the lulz.

Flyattractor
Yes. I know. I just said that to make fun of the guy who made this thread who likes to pretend that He is some kind of Super Man while trying to demasculate those he disagrees with. Also just going to wait for Pootybutt to either claim to be "Good Friends" with Tyson via some Boy Club Scenario. That and I do agree with Tyson that L.A is quick becoming a literal Shit Hole. What is it with The Left and being OK with People Shitting in the Streets?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yes. I know. I just said that to make fun of the guy who made this thread who likes to pretend that He is some kind of Super Man while trying to demasculate those he disagrees with. Also just going to wait for Pootybutt to either claim to be "Good Friends" with Tyson via some Boy Club Scenario. That and I do agree with Tyson that L.A is quick becoming a literal Shit Hole. What is it with The Left and being OK with People Shitting in the Streets? Actually my grandfather knew his great grandfather. All hail the Gypsy King. I admire how he has overcome his mental illness and gone from simplistic rightist views to those of someone with a liberal social conscience. I never claim to be a Superman, but my hard work and luck in life clearly triggers you. I'm sorry about that.

Flyattractor
Totally Called it.

shiv
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/live/2018/dec/01/deontay-wilder-v-tyson-fury-wbc-heavyweight-championship-live

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/46416885

BackFire
About 1/3, according to this Tulsa-based research article, are bad and are in and out of the justice system.

The other 2/3 are mostly like your Park-Bench guy. They generally leave people alone and are people mostly okay in their head...except for the fact that they refuse to get jobs and refuse to do anything better with their lives. Probably almost all of them, however, have mental issues starting with the issue that prevents them from trying to anything about their situation (severe depression, for example).

That sounds about accurate. Sad situation all around, wish more people would prioritize helping these people and not just trying sweep them somewhere else so they don't have to deal with them anymore.

Trocity
That's strange. I lived in the UK for 3 years and it's a shit hole compared to Canada and the United States.

To each their own, I guess.

Flyattractor
Well to be fair. Both California and EU Nations are condoning Actually SHITTING in the Streets now so...yeah.

cdtm
I'd add to snowdragon's comment and say that your headline, which is clearly intended to troll, is dishonest.

He saw the homeless situation in LA due to the location he was staying at that was NOT curated to isolate him from seeing all the homeless. LA does a wonderful job of curating the visual experience of the wealthy and celebrities by having them insulated from the homeless. He just so happened to stay where he wasn't isolated. After seeing that, he realized how terrible the homeless situation is in wealthy countries and decided to tackle the homeless in the UNITED KINGDOM, not the US.

I now work in a city that has lots of homeless near. I talked to law enforcement to see why there are so many homeless despite the growing wealth and population. His answer made be buttmad:

When people get into trouble with the law, they go to jail or prison. After they get released, they have to go somewhere. Where do they go? Here is what states around Oklahoma are doing: they buy them a one-way bus ticket to Tulsa. From the surrounding states as far away as Utah. The police know this because when they collect information on the inmates, when they get arrested for various things (theft, loitering, fighting, etc.), the ask them questions and see their records. And they tell the police exactly how they ended up in Tulsa.

Weird, right? That's terrible.

So what do you do about the homeless population? There's plenty of work to do. They refuse to get jobs. They refuse to get educations. They just want to live day to day on the streets, stealing to get by, urinating on cars and doorsteps. Shitting in gutters. Being homeless for many of them is a state of mind, not a state of being. You cannot make them un-homeless. Unless you force them to do something like...go to prison.

So what's the solution? My brother, as an unintended part of his job, has to fight homeless people on a weekly basis. He has to deal with them on a daily basis in multiple cities all over multiple states. He wants to execute a majority of them. He believes they are a waste of everything and the world, including nature, would be a better place without them. We had this argument for a good hour, last night.

So what is the compromise between "homicidal sanitization" and "communism for everyone!"

Awesome rundown. thumb up

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Trocity
That's strange. I lived in the UK for 3 years and it's a shit hole compared to Canada and the United States.

To each their own, I guess. been to Canada, the US and from the U.K. all three have good parts and shot parts. Personally, I wouldn't live in any pf them.

Flyattractor
I think you have to have been Born in The Equatorial regions to be able to survive them. I mean that level of humidity and Heat are just not NATURAL to the Human Condition.

jaden_2.0

Not treating war veterans with PTSD like pieces of shit would be a start. Massive sections of the homeless population are vets with untreated mental health problems.

Flyattractor
So much fun even Cartoons can point out the Hypocrisy!

wwL0x75k6Jk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.