Blue Beetle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, that's happening I guess.

https://twitter.com/Jrnotjnr/status/1068279479976497152?s=19

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/11/29/blue-beetle-movie-jaime-reyes-dc-comics/

riv6672

Darth Thor
Lol. Neither Ted Korde or Jamie Reyes will be the selling point of the film.

riv6672
Okay.

riv6672
lol

Flyattractor
I could watch it. I like Both BB's.

BruceSkywalker
just saw this in a facebook group... meh

lets hope it actually gets made

Flyattractor
That is what I say about most Marvel Movies.

Surtur
At this point it's like...meh, they'll f*ck it up.

They need to make a movie about a Red Lantern named Dex Starr. Oh, who is that? This is him:

https://i.imgur.com/voOjoxc.jpg

quanchi112
Glad it is not Batman or Superman. Good on you, dc.

playa1258
Batman and Superman have not worked lately so time to expand beyond them.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Batman and Superman have not worked lately so time to expand beyond them. Exactly. Had their chances time to explore lesser known characters.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by quanchi112
Glad it is not Batman or Superman. Good on you, dc.

both are deasd lol.... matt reeves' solo film is long is gestating hell and of course superman is dead for the next several years

Eon Blue
It seems like DC is finally gaining some sense.

wakkawakkawakka
If this is happening I'd be find with either Kord or Reyes...maybe even both though that might be excessive.

Ridley_Prime
I definitely agree with going forward with lesser known characters after years and years of only Batman and Superman movies, but it's still annoying to have not gotten any official information about what's going on with Cavill and Affleck. So many rumors, and no one has confirmed anything one way or the other, though I'm fine with them being out of the picture for awhile so others can shine as aforementioned.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Surtur
At this point it's like...meh, they'll f*ck it up.

They need to make a movie about a Red Lantern named Dex Starr. Oh, who is that? This is him:

https://i.imgur.com/voOjoxc.jpg

Sadly I agree with the first part.

Hope a Demon Movie is on the Table Somewhere.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I definitely agree with going forward with lesser known characters after years and years of only Batman and Superman movies, but it's still annoying to have not gotten any official information about what's going on with Cavill and Affleck. So many rumors, and no one has confirmed anything one way or the other, though I'm fine with them being out of the picture for awhile so others can shine as aforementioned.

thumb up

Surtur
Woooah f*ck that I wanna see Superman. You can get rid of Batman though he's lame he can't even survive a building falling on top of him nor can he survive at the bottom of the ocean. Don't blame Superman cuz people continually f*cked his character up.

Why is his dad dying to save the dog? Wtf?

Flyattractor
#SaveAllDogs.

Surtur
Well yeah the dogs gotta be saved, but it was silly not to let the superhuman do it.

The government isn't gonna come storming in cuz some small town hicks say they saw some dude save a dog from a tornado.

Flyattractor
But during that movie the Prez was Obama. You want Obama to get control of Superman?!

Surtur
All it would mean is...it's Obama's satellites etc. Supes would be smashing for trying to spy on him.

Although then he gets labeled a member of the alt right for doing so.

Flyattractor
Probably. Obama does love to take away people's liberties.

And Best that cold come from this would be a creation of a Keith Giffen's JLI Cinematic Universe. That would Rock!

BruceSkywalker
so if this actually gets made, then who should play Jaime?

Flyattractor
Just go with some unknown. Plenty of good actors out there.

playa1258
The kid from Cobra Kai.

Flyattractor
The kid from Cobra Kai.

thumb up

BruceSkywalker
The kid from Cobra Kai.

nah

Surtur
The fat chick from Cobra Kai would make an awful Blue Beetle.

Flyattractor
You Fatist./Sexist hater You!

Surtur
It's not my fault the blue beetle technology hates fatties. There has never been a fat Blue Beetle and that's all the proof I need using logic.

tkitna
Originally posted by Surtur
It's not my fault the blue beetle technology hates fatties. There has never been a fat Blue Beetle and that's all the proof I need using logic.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-c8w1b13NnMI/VymhBO2lbJI/AAAAAAAADI4/MjZNT_IKd1cuXHvLeQKt6d4ie0ufKx_rACLcB/s320/IMG_1454.JPG

Flyattractor
Lol! Ted Kord had a Heart Attack!

riv6672
Tubby Ted still put Guy Gardner on his ass. Guy had to cheap shot him, right in the love handles...

https://i.ibb.co/W6vV5Fg/738-D6659-0981-457-B-A3-EB-07-B380419081.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/hgvM3TF/39217513-59-F7-4888-A9-A3-CEEF2-B9-D1-A80.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/z8T0YSK/72-DF169-E-28-E3-4640-9-F41-84-E4-D2-F0-F769.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/8bsqG4q/B0-A31833-473-D-45-AE-8800-89-B663-F0-C81-F.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/wS2fyGg/D6-ED8-B13-C1-E0-4-A62-BD83-A772-F951-ECC1.jpg

...as bunch of tubby out of shape internet warriors yourselves, i figure you all should totally be rooting for Ted here. big grin

Ridley_Prime
The kid from Cobra Kai.
I guess he has it as Blue Beetle. Definitely grew on me as an actor after that show.

8vcgl0xued8

riv6672
Still going w. my original opinion.

Patient_Leech
Hey, look... an old thread with Fly and Surt.

'Memba when everyone didn't get banned constantly and we could have a decently active forum. I memba.

BruceSkywalker
watched the trailer on youtube.. nothing worth mentioning as I don't expect much

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Hey, look... an old thread with Fly and Surt.

'Memba when everyone didn't get banned constantly and we could have a decently active forum. I memba.
To be fair, Surter brought about his own ban after a meltdown like no other in that one Superman thread.

Aside from liking Xolo Mariduena, this film feels pretty by the numbers in premise, though am sure it will have some enjoyable parts.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Surtur has had it coming. He literally begged Pr to permaban him after 999 warnings.

Fly has had dozens of bans (deserved every single one), but he never got permabanned. He just switched to his sock accounts or took a break from the site, as he told us.

These days, we have some of the most lenient mods on the Internet.

Kazenji
Looks okay, With it being just the first trailer.

tkitna
Looks pretty bad but you never know. Not expecting much though.

Robtard
Trailer did nothing much for me.

riv6672

Robtard
Yeah, the retro BB suits are a bit of nice nostalgia, But still meh.

riv6672

Kazenji
Lol...the DC fanboys are so desperate these days . Been seeing them saying Blue Beetle can defeat Iron Man based on what's in film.

Khazra Reborn
I feel like all the upcoming DC releases are pointless, with the pending reboot.

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
Lol...the DC fanboys are so desperate these days . Been seeing them saying Blue Beetle can defeat Iron Man based on what's in film.
^^^Already?? Off the trailer? laughing

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I feel like all the upcoming DC releases are pointless, with the pending reboot.
Blue Beetle is not DCEU but one of the elseworld films, from what I looked up earlier.

roughrider
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Blue Beetle is not DCEU but one of the elseworld films, from what I looked up earlier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Beetle_(film)

Specifically, it may be the start of Gunn & Safran's DCU going forward, as it's the next release after The Flash and it's Flashpoint-like plot.

DC & WB have tried for years to find it's own Iron Man-like breakout character. But this looks a bit too much like an Iron Man/Spider Man mashup.

Not a great release date for a box office return either, late August. That is often a dumping ground.

BruceSkywalker
new trailer.. doesn't look too bad..

s92ymsGfMNc

ares834
Pretty sure I've seen this movie over a dozen times. I won't be watching it again.

jaden_2.0
Well at least Fury of the Gods won't be the most laughably bad DC movie once this comes out.

Kazenji
Looks okay, Much better trailer then the previous one.

riv6672
Meh.

Estacado
This is getting pretty good reviews...

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Estacado
This is getting pretty good reviews...

Will still wait to watch with kids and family at home.

Ridley_Prime
Unsure still whether to go see it. If I get around to doing so, definitely wont be a high priority, so if not at cinema, then whenever I get a month of Max again after it has been out awhile. Good to hear about the reviews though.

BruceSkywalker
watched this.. this is a [retty decent film.. one complaint.. Why the f$ck didn't Xolo incorporate some martial arts into this???? Also I didn't care for Susan Sarandan' character

Kazenji
For us people in Australia, The movie doesn't release until 14 September.

riv6672
^^^Two more weeks of happiness, then.

rudester
This was so bad it womped.
I get that the producer wanted to do an ethnically diverse casting but George Lopez?? He is a bad actor.

The casting for this movie was off. The guy from Kobra Kai is to young to play a superhero, he comes off as dorky and not believable.

Taylor Zakhar Perez who's popular now would have been a better choice. Michelle Rodriguez as the sister would have been better. Everything about this movie is forgettable.

The back story is lame. The technology behind the symbiotic suits were never truly explained only mentioned. The Myan or Aztec blue beetle backstory was confusing.

Whomever did the cgi for this copied Venom body transformation scene. At one point you think he's going to turn into Venom.

This is a made for TV movie with side characters and bad producing and storytelling. The script and sequence of events was laughable.

Why? Because the whole story was focused on a random kid who gets randomly picked by the Blue Beetle. He makes a friend who happens to be a billionaire, she then has secret tech to help him out. They stumble into a secret room of her family's, who happen to have a batcave like room already set up for them.

The whole story is about a latino American who comes from poverty. Yet his uncle happens to be a super genius on inventing technologies. So if hes so smart why doesn't he have a better job? Then he some how enters this batcave and some how knows what the technologies are in the room and is able to understand them. Yet everyone else is clueless.

I would not watch this again even if you paid me or it was on television for free. Hard pass.

rudester
I'm starting to think that these superhero movies are all a bunch of bullshit, themed coming over adversity. Some random person who is down in the dumps and life isn't going their way, some how happens to beat all the odds and gets chosen by a higher power to save the universe by bad evildoers.

Kazenji
Originally posted by rudester
I'm starting to think that these superhero movies are all a bunch of bullshit, themed coming over adversity. Some random person who is down in the dumps and life isn't going their way, some how happens to beat all the odds and gets chosen by a higher power to save the universe by bad evildoers.

Basically summed up some comics that are out there.

rudester
Yeah pretty much. Everything went downhill after Endgame.

Kazenji
Yeah pretty much. Everything went downhill after Endgame.

Not really

people just have too high expectations nowadays after what we got with Endgame.

rudester
Endgame had a lot of good plots coming together to have that big dramatic moment. A lot of these new Superheroes have nothing new to say. Thanos was one of the best antiheroes, his character was real and that gave him depth. You almost wanted him to win, and he did in a way.

rudester
Mexico isnt known for its beetles, that's more like Egyptian culture. Mexico has cucarachas and chiawana's. I would have loved to see a superhero chiawana laughing

rudester
Spawn, he was a good Superhero.

Patient_Leech
Endgame had a lot of good plots coming together to have that big dramatic moment. A lot of these new Superheroes have nothing new to say. Thanos was one of the best antiheroes, his character was real and that gave him depth. You almost wanted him to win, and he did in a way.

Endgame was crap. But I agree that you wanted Thanos to win. That's why I consider Infinity War the end and not Endgame. I basically pretend Endgame doesn't exist. smile

rudester
Agreed /\. Bad guys never win!

Robtard
Watched this today at home. Was utter shit.

NemeBro
Anyone who thinks Thanos wasn't a big stupid retard is as dumb as he is tbh.

rudester
Why cus he had his own moral compass telling him to eradicate half the population, just so they could live a more peaceful existence?

Robtard
Why cus he had his own moral compass telling him to eradicate half the population, just so they could live a more peaceful existence?

He did have his own code and he wanted to save people, but killing half of them was not the way,

He could have used the god-like power of the gauntlet to change people's minds in mass, make them want to work together for the betterment of all.

Killing half of them was also only a temp fix, it's not like people don't f*ck and repopulate. Would have ended up in the same predicament in time.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Endgame was crap. But I agree that you wanted Thanos to win. That's why I consider Infinity War the end and not Endgame. I basically pretend Endgame doesn't exist. smile

Endgame wasn't bad on its own, but it had a very different feel, different focus than Infinity War... which was a vastly superior film.

DC will never come close to that level, anyway, so pointless discussing it.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Kazenji
For us kangaroos in Australia, The movie doesn't release until 14 September.

wink

rudester
Originally posted by Robtard
He did have his own code and he wanted to save people, but killing half of them was not the way,

He could have used the god-like power of the gauntlet to change people's minds in mass, make them want to work together for the betterment of all.

Killing half of them was also only a temp fix, it's not like people don't f*ck and repopulate. Would have ended up in the same predicament in time.

That's an interesting point. Yeah probably! He could have used his powers to being back his family

StiltmanFTW
Mind control effects would be temporary, too...

Robtard
With people being born, yeah. Still better than killing 50% of the universe.

You also hope that people growing up in a idealistic society where greed has been all but wiped out, would for the most part be the same.

StiltmanFTW
With people being born, yeah.

Not just that, mindcontrol might simply wear off.

And likely would, seeing how MCU IG was very limited compared to 616.

You also hope that people growing up in a idealistic society where greed has been all but wiped out, would for the most part be the same.

Remind me how "the greatest country in the world" entered the Era of Orange Man.

People will always rebel and mess everything up, it's our nature. We don't deserve (don't want, perhaps?) a true utopia.

Kazenji
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
wink

Oh my....how original roll eyes (sarcastic)

StiltmanFTW
laughing

Old Man Whirly!

Killing half of them was also only a temp fix, it's not like people don't f*ck and repopulate. Would have ended up in the same predicament in time. he could have used his godlike powers to make it better for everyone in so many ways. He had at least 3 snaps in him, but he wanted to tend his vegetable garden. Selfish imho.

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
he could have used his godlike powers to make it better for everyone in so many ways. He had at least 3 snaps in him, but he wanted to tend his vegetable garden. Selfish imho.

Thanos was a dick

Old Man Whirly!
Thanos was a dick he was... I think at this point the legacy of the MCU and comic films in general is irredeemable and not the same titled very good comic, instead the dictionary definition.

StiltmanFTW
MCU Thanos was incredibly kind and considerate compared to his 616 counterpart.

Comic Thanos did the finger snap just for lulz and as a vain attempt to impress his crush. Now that's some dickery.

Robtard
Comic Thanos can't even get laid.

Old Man Whirly!
Comic Thanos... Like his MCU counterpart has a Whirlybird! shifty

Robtard
True enough. That was a funny little easter egg in Loki.

riv6672

Patient_Leech
I watched this with my kids. My son loved it. I found it much better than expected.

About as good as a movie like this can be.

Hot Brazilian actress, (apparently she's very famous in Brasil), and it was all about family. It's Vin Diesel approved!

The class warfare and dystopian ambitions of the villain rang true. So that helped it work for me.

tkitna
Watched this last night out of boredom. It's officially the worst superhero movie i've ever seen. 1\10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.