Yoda vs Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xiggy

Primes for both

DarthCaedus77
Anakin.

Darth Thor
Yoda wins.

Sword fight would be good though.

Xiggy
I don't know man. Just regarding styles it favours Yoda.

Anakin has never fought anyone with Yoda's stature and uniqueness.
But the old Grandmaster is guaranteed to have sparred with hundreds of Anakin archetypes.

BestDebaterEver
And as Lord Gillard says, at tier 9 fights are determined primarily by fighting styles and circumstances.

victreebelvictr
Might I add that Yoda would destroy Anakin in Force Power.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Might I add that Yoda would destroy Anakin in Force Power.

Definitely not in Force power. But almost certainly in TK Mastery.

One Big Mob
What about jumping power? Who could jump higher?

Darth Thor

Freedon Nadd
The problem is what one does consider "prime" for Anakin.

victreebelvictr

One Big Mob

Geistalt
Originally posted by DarthCaedus77
Anakin.

victreebelvictr

Darth Thor

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Firstly I was joking.

Second, why would that mean Yoda jumps higher than Anakin? Because he does it much more often meaning he has more experience.

Darth Thor
^ Thats like saying Anakin is a better swordsman because he sword fights more often.

And tbh given how much action Skywalker he probably does jump more often than Yoda.

Its silly reasoning either way though.

Xiggy
^ Thats like saying Anakin is a better swordsman because he sword fights more often.

And tbh given how much action Skywalker he probably does jump more often than Yoda.

Its silly reasoning either way though.

My god Thor, you've been in this game for eons and still greener than grass in the thinking department.

Anakin sword fights more often? With Yoda having 800+ years of mastery on his side? Yoda jumping around a lot is a necessity for him in combat. He's also a featherweight compared to any regular person with Superhuman augmentation. He jumps higher, no doubt he has a little more skill too.

victreebelvictr

Its silly reasoning either way though. I was going to counter you, but I seem to be a bit late...

Originally posted by Xiggy
My god Thor, you've been in this game for eons and still greener than grass in the thinking department.

Anakin sword fights more often? With Yoda having 800+ years of mastery on his side? Yoda jumping around a lot is a necessity for him in combat. He's also a featherweight compared to any regular person with Superhuman augmentation. He jumps higher, no doubt he has a little more skill too. Nice going Xiggy. thumb up

The Ellimist
A hypothetical prime Yoda might win.

As of RotS, a motivated and unleashed Anakin wins.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Xiggy

Anakin sword fights more often? With Yoda having 800+ years of mastery on his side? Yoda jumping around a lot is a necessity for him in combat. He's also a featherweight compared to any regular person with Superhuman augmentation. He jumps higher, no doubt he has a little more skill too.

Maybe I have been here too long because right now I feel like I am debating a couple of 10year olds😊

Clearly if you are also taking on this ridiculous argument that Yoda must be capable of jumping higher because his combat style involves a lot of small leaps around his opponent.

Tell me how high would he usually leap in a sword fight? Would it be the kind of heights Anakin or even Obi-Wan are capable of leaping at their best? I think not.

Also neither you nor Vik seem to understand that Mastery and Experience are not the Only factors relevant when it comes to Force augmentation.

victreebelvictr
Well, if there is an athlete who runs short laps for 7 years while another runs long laps for 2, who do you think can run the longest?

Do you get what I am saying?

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by The Ellimist
A hypothetical prime Yoda might win.

As of RotS, a motivated and unleashed Anakin wins.

Freedon Nadd
Yoda wins. For logic reasons. Both Anakin and Obi-Wan are comparable in terms of Force abilities and lightsabre skills. If Kenobi was not suited to face Sidious, then Anakin is not suited to face Yoda either.

DarthCaedus77
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Yoda wins. For logic reasons. Both Anakin and Obi-Wan are comparable in terms of Force abilities and lightsabre skills. If Kenobi was not suited to face Sidious, then Anakin is not suited to face Yoda either.

KEK.

relentless1
Yoda outclasses him in sabers and especially in force

Freedon Nadd
KEK.

If anything - given that Lucas' canon applies to the Extended Universe - it is natural to state that Anakin<Yoda. Yoda is the reverse character of Sidious.

Midi-chlorians or not - Anakin was not yet powerful enough to defeat the likes of Palpatine and Yoda. He was on the same level as his Jedi Master.

https://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Who-Poster-Tardis-Tennant/dp/B008FL5VYG#

DarthCaedus77
If anything - given that Lucas' canon applies to the Extended Universe - it is natural to state that Anakin<Yoda. Yoda is the reverse character of Sidious.

Midi-chlorians or not - Anakin was not yet powerful enough to defeat the likes of Palpatine and Yoda. He was on the same level as his Jedi Master.

https://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Who-Poster-Tardis-Tennant/dp/B008FL5VYG#

Lucas himself stated Anakin was as powerful as Sidious. Nothing more to add, your entire argument becomes moot and is normie tier nonsense.

Freedon Nadd
Lucas himself stated Anakin was as powerful as Sidious. Nothing more to add, your entire argument becomes moot and is normie tier nonsense.

That means Kenobi is more powerful than Sidious given that both Kenobi and Anakin had that Force push content and neither was able to penetrate through the other's Force defenses.
Oh, wait, Yoda literally said that Kenobi is not powerful enough to take on Sidious.
It does not take enough to an intelligent being to understand such trivial things.

DarthCaedus77
First off this post legit caused me to lose brain cells just reading it.

Using an emotional wreck who was hindered as the basis for your argument when we're discussing peak Anakin is retarded.

The one correct thing in this post.

Being told this by a ****ing troll who cannot grasp basic concepts is hilarious. Anakin was confirmed to be as strong as Sidious, go spew your bullshit somewhere else.

Freedon Nadd
No. I think you have a problem with your brain cells. The original poster stated the primes of these characters represented on the screen, books, et cetera

The original poster was not referring to the supposed "full potential" Anakin who had the "potential" strength in The
Force, more or less, of a One

Meatpants
If it's just plain RotS Anakin, Yoda wins. KF Vader? Might be a different story.

DarthCaedus77
Originally posted by Freedumb Nadd
No. I think you have a problem with your brain cells. The original poster stated the primes of these characters represented on the screen, books, et cetera

The original poster was not referring to the supposed "full potential" Anakin who had the "potential" strength in The
Force, more or less, of a One

Except Anakin was stated to be as powrful as Sidious as of ROTS, not full potential Anakin. How can anybody be this ****ing braindead.

CactusJoe
^quote

Yoda wins.

Freedon Nadd
Except Anakin was stated to be as powrful as Sidious as of ROTS, not full potential Anakin. How can anybody be this ****ing braindead.

Where was it stated? You mean his own words or Lucas'? Lucas spews a lot of bullshit.

StiltmanFTW
Yoda rapes.

RealistRacism
This is already the worst thread in KMC history, and we're only two pages in. 2005 debating > KMC 2018

MythLord
Yoda, in the fight of his life.

RealistRacism
I get Knightfall Vader winning this, but how is standard Anakin not getting impregnated?

CactusJoe
Originally posted by RealistRacism
I get Knightfall Vader winning this, but how is standard Anakin not getting impregnated?
Any RotS!Anakin version can hold his own against Yoda. There's no stompage here.

RealistRacism
I disagree. You're female now Jack?

CactusJoe
I disagree. You're female now Jack?
Following in the footsteps of AP.

Freedon Nadd

Knightfall Anakin is a myth conducted by Ancient Power.

RealistRacism
No, he really isn't. There is a clear difference between standard and 'Knightfall' Anakin, this isn't even a debate.

Freedon Nadd
No, there is not. It is just some contradictions in the lore. The only moment when you could argue Anakin was in Knightfall stance happened when he overpowered The Father's children. Even then he tapped in the Mortis' Force nexus to do so.

RealistRacism
Nadd, I'm not interested in getting into this debate. He embraces the dark side, and continues to grow stronger as he slaughters Jedi. This is outright stated.

CactusJoe
Nadd, I'm not interested in getting into this debate. He embraces the dark side, and continues to grow stronger as he slaughters Jedi. This is outright stated.
Where? Never seen it.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Well, if there is an athlete who runs short laps for 7 years while another runs long laps for 2, who do you think can run the longest?

Do you get what I am saying?

I get what youre saying, but Ultimately it wont make
Much (if any) difference.

Yoda had centuries more experience than Palpatine but failed to beat him. So more experience isnt the all and end all.

Being Out of Practice however seems to make a difference.

ROTS is Anakin/Vader at his prime/peak and hes spent the last few years on the front lines, sabering and jumping away.

Darth Thor
That means Kenobi is more powerful than Sidious given that both Kenobi and Anakin had that Force push content and neither was able to penetrate through the other's Force defenses.
Oh, wait, Yoda literally said that Kenobi is not powerful enough to take on Sidious.
It does not take enough to an intelligent being to understand such trivial things.

Neither was Kenobi powerful enough to defeat Dooku. Yet Anakin was.

So moot point.

Anakin did not have the TK Mastery to overpower Kenobi in a Force push battle (whilst being conflicted), but he still had superior power in the Force, which Dooku felt when he simply could not parry Skywalkers blows, and certainly could not not ragdoll him Lol

RealistRacism
Couldn't parry Skywalker's blows... if only there was more context to that. Maybe it's that Dooku's stamina was draining and Anakin was continuously getting stronger, leaving him more powerful than his base version and the Count weaker than his regular self? Without circumstance, that wouldn't be happening. But lets just forget that.

DarthCaedus77

For once RR is totally 100% right and Nadd as usual is being an idiot kek.

Lord GOAT
Who is Naad?

DarthCaedus77
Originally posted by Lord GOAT
Who is Naad?

A gramatical mistake.

smile

Lord GOAT
Well played

Darth Thor
Couldn't parry Skywalker's blows... if only there was more context to that. Maybe it's that Dooku's stamina was draining and Anakin was continuously getting stronger, leaving him more powerful than his base version and the Count weaker than his regular self? Without circumstance, that wouldn't be happening. But lets just forget that.

Hmm if only Dooku could replenish his force reserves a few times.

It wasnt a particularly long fight, Dooku was getting drained of Force reserves because of how Strong Skywalkers blows were.

RealistRacism
No, he'd already started losing his energy before everyone was serious, lmfao. Have you read the book? He was obviously toying with them for a fair while for this to be the case anyway.

Wtf are you talking about? Dooku can't just instantly replenish his reserves.

Freedon Nadd
Neither was Kenobi powerful enough to defeat Dooku. Yet Anakin was.

So moot point.

Anakin did not have the TK Mastery to overpower Kenobi in a Force push battle (whilst being conflicted), but he still had superior power in the Force, which Dooku felt when he simply could not parry Skywalkers blows, and certainly could not not ragdoll him Lol

Dooku was old. He was past his prime. And Anakin's cyber-arm offered him a physical (extra)advantage over Dooku.

Freedon Nadd
For once RR is totally 100% right and Nadd as usual is being an idiot kek.

Only idiots say such things. Don't do that. smile

Freedon Nadd

Where was it outrightly stated? If that were true, he would have beaten the pulp out of Obi-Wan on Mustafar.

NewGuy01
The OP specified that both fighters are in their prime, regardless?

RealistRacism
Where was it outrightly stated? If that were true, he would have beaten the pulp out of Obi-Wan on Mustafar.
Just go through the RotS Novel and find every mention of Anakin getting 'stronger.' It's not hard, but I can't be fvcked.

RealistRacism
Originally posted by NewGuy01
The OP specified that both fighters are in their prime, regardless?
So are we to take that as the OP meaning Zonakin? Peak Anakin is just standard RotS Anakin, at least that's what I thought. Temporary amps don't count imo.

NewGuy01
So are we to take that as the OP meaning Zonakin? Peak Anakin is just standard RotS Anakin, at least that's what I thought. Temporary amps don't count imo.

What do you mean by standard RotS Anakin, and temporary amps? I can only assume that you mean that Anakin at the beginning of Revenge of the Sith is his baseline, and that the power growth demonstrated by "Zonakin/Knightfall Vader" was temporary, but I'm not sure how you got that impression from the text.

On the topic of Anakin at the beginning of Revenge of the Sith, the text has this to say:

As of the fight on the Invisible Hand, Anakin consciously suppresses himself out of fear of the darkness welled up inside of him. Then, he's given an excuse to unleash that darkness, which is what leads to the state that you call Zonakin:

So, with that in mind, why do you consider the Anakin that is restraining himself to be the standard? And what makes you think that releasing those restraints only increased his power temporarily? Anakin still feels more powerful than ever a little while after his battle with Dooku:

I mean, I suppose you could argue that Anakin would have went back to restraining himself after that incident, but even that would no longer be valid once he embraces his identity as a Sith Lord:

RealistRacism
I interpreted Anakin "getting stronger" on the Invisible Hand as him slowly becoming angrier and angrier, until he cuts loose at the end. After Dooku is killed he returns to his normal state, as he was before Kenobi got clowned. I treat KF Vader as a seperate entity entirely, as he's not really Anakin at that point.

I don't know why this "holding back" from embracing his rage is unique to Anakin, since every Jedi is essentially doing the same thing to a lesser extent. Do we say that they're all not in their primes because of this?

Regardless, this is a gay side-topic that I never intended to debate. You're probably right since this quote; "Anakin had never felt so powerful. The Force was with him today in ways more potent than he had ever experienced" is pretty solid, but I still doubt this means he's now permanently in his Zonakin state from this point forward (until his full turn).

Darth Thor
I interpreted Anakin "getting stronger" on the Invisible Hand as him slowly becoming angrier and angrier, until he cuts loose at the end.

That is exactly what the script states.

Probably why he cant realistically contend with Yoda or Palpatine at that point, as it takes him time to reach that point where he can house Dooku. Time enough for either Yoda or Palpatine to ragdoll him.

Darth Thor
No, he'd already started losing his energy before everyone was serious, lmfao. Have you read the book? He was obviously toying with them for a fair while for this to be the case anyway.

Wtf are you talking about? Dooku can't just instantly replenish his reserves.

Urm yes I have read the book, which makes it perfectly clear he replenished his reserves a few times.

He began toying with them but then went for the kill.

And him getting weaker was all down to Anakins power. Remember how each blow cost him more in Force reserves than it cost him to ragdoll Kenobi.

Dooku was old. He was past his prime. And Anakin's cyber-arm offered him a physical (extra)advantage over Dooku.

How does any of that not make Anakin > Dooku?

Azronger
Hard, Anakin loses.

RealistRacism
Urm yes I have read the book, which makes it perfectly clear he replenished his reserves a few times.

He began toying with them but then went for the kill.

And him getting weaker was all down to Anakins power. Remember how each blow cost him more in Force reserves than it cost him to ragdoll Kenobi.
Dooku getting weaker was because of Anakin hitting him hard, sure. But it's also because he's an old man dealing with two opponents, something he didn't really have the stamina for. This is made clear very early on - Before anyone starts getting serious;

"However, only one death was in his plan, and this dumb-show was becoming tiresome. Not to mention tiring. The dark power that served him went only so far, and he was, after all, not a young man."

It's undeniable that Dooku's stamina was starting to fade at the beginning, and by the time he was dealing with Anakin, it'd nearly be gone. Anakin was getting stronger and stronger during this time. It's not hard erm

And it cost him next to nothing to ragdoll Kenobi, lmao.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Azronger
Hard, Anakin loses.

You just became way cooler with the new sig.

Azronger
You just became way cooler with the new sig.

A pimp, Master Yoda is. Know this, you do.

Freedon Nadd
How does any of that not make Anakin > Dooku?

RealistRacism has already answered it.

Dooku getting weaker was because of Anakin hitting him hard, sure. But it's also because he's an old man dealing with two opponents, something he didn't really have the stamina for. This is made clear very early on - Before anyone starts getting serious;

"However, only one death was in his plan, and this dumb-show was becoming tiresome. Not to mention tiring. The dark power that served him went only so far, and he was, after all, not a young man."

It's undeniable that Dooku's stamina was starting to fade at the beginning, and by the time he was dealing with Anakin, it'd nearly be gone. Anakin was getting stronger and stronger during this time. It's not hard erm

Meatpants
I don't see baseline RotS Anakin beating Yoda. In the Dooku fight, Anakin is influenced by external factors (aka Palpatine egging him on in the novel), in Knightfall he's basically emotionally unhinged, and at Mustafar he's also unhinged but in an arguably detrimental way. On the other hand, Yoda is a solid tier 9 duelist, and solidly above Dooku, more importantly. In no way does baseline RotS Anakin gain a majority over Yoda, the same guy who matched Sidious in power and disarmed him. There are no external factors here, so basically any feat vof his from RotS doesn't matter here. He's explained as a tier 8 duelist who only becomes a 9 if he uses the dark side. Furthermore, I can't really see Anakin overcoming Yoda's mastery of the force. Anyway, both of these guys would definitely prefer a sword battle to a force one.

Darth Thor

Even though the text makes it clear he replenished his Force reserves AFTER Obi-Wan was out of the fight, which you still haven't refuted. Like at all. So its apparent Stamina only comes into play in the sense that he can only replenish himself so many times.

As per the movie however he didn't even fight both of them for very long. Let's see exactly how long:

https://youtu.be/eYT3ctPuVRw

They don't engage him until 1:08..

Take a break at 1:13 to chat, so did defending himself from the duo for 5 seconds tire him out too much?

Battle recommences at 1:24 (10 second break after 5seconds of fighting) and Obi-Wan is pushed out of the fight at 1:30. So was it this 6 seconds that destroyed his stamina? Because from there on he is battling Skywalker alone aside from when this happens:

Thanks for the concession on that. But seriously that is some lousy stamina. The kind where he shouldn't even consider fighting Skywalker under any circumstances.

Although I'd argue the rag dolling of Kenobi did cost him something. Just negligible to what it takes to fight Skywalker, given each blow from Skywalker took more from him than it did to rag doll Kenobi, and each blow aged him a decade.

This is all of course completely ignoring TCW, where it has been made very apparent that Dooku simply can not take Skywalker out quickly at all, so would have to deal with Skywalkers increasing strength, and deal with his own apparently lousy stamina, regardless.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Azronger
A pimp, Master Yoda is. Know this, you do.

Of course.

RealistRacism
The burden of proof is on you. I shouldn't have to write extra words addressing a point you haven't proven.

Interesting. It seems you've discovered that the fight depicted in the novel is vastly different to the one in the movie - due to the omission of certain significant events - in which Dooku utterly dominates the duel until the very end. Obviously the sequence is longer in the book, because you have to cut out bits and pieces of scenes to make them fit within the time constraints of a movie. You simply can't use both forms of media at once to come to a conclusion, due to the aforementioned time limitations. So where does that leave us? Go by what's said in Stover's novel? Or George Lucas' higher canon movie? Before you say it;

1.) Yes I know George edited and approved the novel, but it doesn't matter. His higher canon movie shows a completely different set of events on the Invisible Hand.
2.) Yes, the novel was based closely off the script. Irrelevant for the same reason; George's Movie and final word > Script and Novel

You can't just pick and choose where the novel or movie matters more, consistency please roll eyes (sarcastic)

The RotS novel details an extended sequence in which chairs hurled at one another, Dooku lands physical strikes, hurls a table at Anakin and pins him against the wall etc. The duo were "raining blows almost at random" and "cutting chairs to pieces and Force-hurling them in every conceivable direction" and while Dooku may have been dealing with this easily, it'd still no doubt be expending a noticeable amount of his force energy simply because of the amount of time this was going on for. Except, you've ignored this fact and deferred straight to the movie. I guess that means I'm entitled to do the same to whichever part of the novel I don't like.

If you want to go off the movie - and only the movie - as evidence that the jobbing part of the fight was short, then I will base my answers on how the rest of the fight was shown in the movie - and only that;
1.) Dooku easily outmuscles Kenobi.
2.) He meets the duo's strength with one-hand above his head.
3.) Dooku pushes Kenobi to the ground.
4.) The Count starts to go up the stairs, then proceeds to fend off Anakin's strikes whilst walking up them backwards.
5.) Dooku meets the two combatants in a blade-lock once again, breaking it with such force that it staggers their weapons backwards, before ragdolling Kenobi and nonchalantly kicking Skywalker into a wall.
6.) Anakin kicks Dooku off the balcony and attacks him furiously. Dooku defends against all of these attacks and gives him a little half-smirk at 2:06; Count Dooku DOMINATES Two Handsome Men with his Curve-Shafted Red Rod
7.) The Count taunts Anakin into going full-dark side, he does and the old man dies.

George's intent was obvious; The duo are absolute trash to Dooku, until Anakin gets enraged smile

Literally no concession... He uses a fraction of his power that was gathered over the course of about one second. This isn't what I said was exhausting the Count...

You applied the logic that his stamina was horrible based on a few seconds from the movie. In that fight, he was dominating and suffering from no such hinderance. The novel however, does make note of his age and waning reserves, but that's because the sequence at the beginning is far longer... Are you okay Thor? You may want to rethink this one.

So blows from a furious Anakin cost him more in reserves than a "whipcrack" of power? Wow, that's quite something.

This is just false. You haven't even said anything of substance here, just the same tired, old talking points. Prove it, or shut up.

Darth Thor
The burden of proof is on you. I shouldn't have to write extra words addressing a point you haven't proven.

I didn't realise Dooku replenishing his force reserves as per the ROTS Novel was in dispute. If it is I'll have to dig up my copy of the ROTS novel to find it, but is that necessary when we both know it's there?

Interesting. It seems you've discovered that the fight depicted in the novel is vastly different to the one in the movie - due to the omission of certain significant events - in which Dooku utterly dominates the duel until the very end. Obviously the sequence is longer in the book, because you have to cut out bits and pieces of scenes to make them fit within the time constraints of a movie. You simply can't use both forms of media at once to come to a conclusion, due to the aforementioned time limitations. So where does that leave us? Go by what's said in Stover's novel? Or George Lucas' higher canon movie? Before you say it;

1.) Yes I know George edited and approved the novel, but it doesn't matter. His higher canon movie shows a completely different set of events on the Invisible Hand.
2.) Yes, the novel was based closely off the script. Irrelevant for the same reason; George's Movie and final word > Script and Novel

You can't just pick and choose where the novel or movie matters more, consistency please roll eyes (sarcastic)

The RotS novel details an extended sequence in which chairs hurled at one another, Dooku lands physical strikes, hurls a table at Anakin and pins him against the wall etc. The duo were "raining blows almost at random" and "cutting chairs to pieces and Force-hurling them in every conceivable direction" and while Dooku may have been dealing with this easily, it'd still no doubt be expending a noticeable amount of his force energy simply because of the amount of time this was going on for. Except, you've ignored this fact and deferred straight to the movie. I guess that means I'm entitled to do the same to whichever part of the novel I don't like.

If you want to go off the movie - and only the movie - as evidence that the jobbing part of the fight was short, then I will base my answers on how the rest of the fight was shown in the movie - and only that;
1.) Dooku easily outmuscles Kenobi.
2.) He meets the duo's strength with one-hand above his head.
3.) Dooku pushes Kenobi to the ground.
4.) The Count starts to go up the stairs, then proceeds to fend off Anakin's strikes whilst walking up them backwards.
5.) Dooku meets the two combatants in a blade-lock once again, breaking it with such force that it staggers their weapons backwards, before ragdolling Kenobi and nonchalantly kicking Skywalker into a wall.
6.) Anakin kicks Dooku off the balcony and attacks him furiously. Dooku defends against all of these attacks and gives him a little half-smirk at 2:06; Count Dooku DOMINATES Two Handsome Men with his Curve-Shafted Red Rod
7.) The Count taunts Anakin into going full-dark side, he does and the old man dies.

George's intent was obvious; The duo are absolute trash to Dooku, until Anakin gets enraged smile

The New Legends rule here are the same as the Old Canon rules. Which are that the film takes priority.

Alan gave the example of the ROTS Novel stating Anakin couldn't see Palpatine moving against Windu because he moved so fast. Galan states that doesn't happen in the film, as he never see them Saber fight, so that part of the novel should be disregarded.

But what have I pointed from the novel that needs to be disregarded due to a blatant contradiction. It's you who keeps bringing up Dooku only lost due to tiring because he was under unfair circumstances. I just pointed to the movie to show he didn't actually fight the 2 of them together for very long. Like literally seconds.

Things that I brought up, like the Power of Anakin's blows are not contradicted, given Dooku is giving ground almost the entire fight, including up the stairs against Anakin alone.

As for parrying both their blows, that would be to do with positioning. Their Sabers meet mid way through Dooku's but near the top of the Duo's Sabers.

Dooku smirking also doesn't mean much, given even in the novel he uses Dun Moch on Anakin.

The bits of the novel I'm bringing up are what's going on in the combatants minds. The movie depiction can't possibly contradict that.

Now I get that if we completely ignore the novel, and completely ignore TCW series, and ONLY go by the movie, then yes of course there could be an argument for Dooku winning a 1 v 1 solo against Anakin.

However this isn't the movie only versus forum. This has now become the default Legends forum, which you were all for. That doesn't change when it doesn't suit your stance.

Literally no concession... He uses a fraction of his power that was gathered over the course of about one second. This isn't what I said was exhausting the Count...

There's really nothing else there (in the movie) to exhaust him. And again if we go by the novel, Dooku reached out through the Force to replenish his Force Reserves anyway. Which again isn't/can't even be contradicted by the film, not that we see any reason why he'd need to in the film.

In any case the novel makes it pretty clear, the tiredness Dooku faced was due to fighting Skywalker. Kenobi had little to do with it.

You applied the logic that his stamina was horrible based on a few seconds from the movie. In that fight, he was dominating and suffering from no such hinderance. The novel however, does make note of his age and waning reserves, but that's because the sequence at the beginning is far longer... Are you okay Thor? You may want to rethink this one.

Actually the script, which follows the movie sequence of events almost exactly, also refers to Dooku tiring as Anakin grows stronger.

There's really nothing to rethink unless you want to take this to the Movie Versus Forum. In which case I've already stated, based on that piece of evidence alone, of course an argument could be made for Dooku winning a 1 v 1 rematch against Skywalker.

But as soon as you include the novel or TCW that clearly isn't the case.

So blows from a furious Anakin cost him more in reserves than a "whipcrack" of power? Wow, that's quite something.

Each blow, yeah, according to the novel.

Again supporting my case that if Dooku was tiring, it was all related to combating Anakin and had little/nothing to do with Obi-Wan.

This is just false. You haven't even said anything of substance here, just the same tired, old talking points. Prove it, or shut up.

Well that's like your opinion.

I have at least gone through the movie clip as well as the novel. But it's not like your argument isn't the same old as well lol. Same old Dooku was tired, it wasn't fair on him.

RealistRacism
Doesn't seem too long, should get to this shortly.

Darth Thor
I try to keep things shortish.

Cant be arsed debating 100 different points.

RealistRacism

RealistRacism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.