Which on-screen Marvel villain is the greatest?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Of every Marvel villain that has appeared on-screen in a movie or television series, which is the greatest and why?

Don't just say "CUZ I SAID SO!" or some monosyllabic reply.

Pre-MCU, MCU, Netflix, cable, whatever.

Explain which Marvel villain that has appeared on-screen is better than all of the rest and why.

Putinbot1
I think it's out of Killgrave, Bushmaster and Kingpin on Netflix although... the Shadow King in Legion was pretty cool.

Darth Thor
Netflix Kingpin.

Just everything from his presence, his sheer brutality, his twisted love for Vanessa, to his complete and total selfishness and hypocrisy.

Oh hes great.

Michael Keatons Vulture would be a runner up. Keatons Fantastic performance as a family man and being blue collar worker just working his way up on the black market, after getting screwed by the government and corporations, but still only to provide for his family.

Loved how he was relateable, sympathetic but still obviously evil.

Khazra Reborn
Thanos, followed closely by Red Skull.

Josh_Alexander
Movies: Thanos

He had the best villain character development in the MCU. His ideology and motives were solid.

Series: Kingpin

The guy was beast.

Estacado
Thanos ofc.

Impediment
For me, it's a tie between Thanos and Wilson Fisk.

Thanos is like a force of nature who has such screen presence and character. So confident, calculating, and calm. Thanos is a the Walter White of Marvel villains.

Fisk is savage. So raw, unhinged, cruel, and brilliant. Fisk is always one step ahead and will stop at nothing to achieve his goal. This character is a prime example of pure will and emotion.

Surtur
Why didn't Thanos ever bother to calculate he could have used the infinity stones to solve the problems he talked about in other ways than just "kill half the universe"?

In the comics he wanted to impress Death, this is why all that genocide made sense. Here it just comes off like he's not bright enough to use ultimate power to solve the universes problems in a non-genocidal way. That is what bugs me about him.

Flyattractor
I have heard more people talk about the Black Panther Baddies. Like Andy Ciircus's portrayal of Scar was supposeldy very good (I aint seen BP yet so I can't say)

Wilson Fisk from Season 1 was pretty good.

Thanos didn't do it for me. I found him to be kinda Boring. He really didn't do anytthing but mope in the movie. His "Fights" with Thor and Hulk were Not Impressive in any way.

Surtur
It boggles the mind if people thought Klaw was an entertaining villain.

Flyattractor
Well People thought Cap A Civil War was a Fun Movie when in reality it was a Mega Bore Fest until it got to the big Airport Flight Scene. I fast forwarded thru the vast majority of it and I STILL kept checking my watch.

BruceSkywalker
Its Thanos, his motives were great... He has an onscreen presence in which you really want him to succeed..

Netflix, its Kingpin, to me he was portrayed as a sympethatic villain.

Flyattractor
Thanos was a POS SJW Bitich. Why can' Bad Guys be BAD anymore?

Is it because of the Pussy SJW Bitchs want to KILL off those that agree with them?

Sad Sad Ugly Horrible Lefties.

Eon Blue

Flyattractor
No He wasn't. That is just the crap they are putting on the shitcake and trying to convince everyone that it is Icing.

Trocity
Thanos and/or Wilson Fisk, easily.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Flyattractor
No He wasn't. That is just the crap they are putting on the shitcake and trying to convince everyone that it is Icing.

You sound like some triggered snowflake. Go home.

TheVaultDweller
Fisk has probably been the most consistently good villain for me. Even his minor role in DD s2 was one of the highlights of that season.

Honourable mention to Bushmaster, for not only being a great villain, but having a couple of great one liners:

Anansi: Vengeance belongs to the Lord.
Bushmaster: Hmm, well the Lord can have it back when I'm done with it.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Eon Blue
You sound like some triggered snowflake. Go home.
What a Sock Thing To Say.

NemeBro
Thanos, Fisk, Kilgrave, and Doc Ock. Probably Thanos overall for number one.

Eon Blue

Impediment
Back to topic, everyone,

Dr Will Hatch
She isn't my favorite, but Mariah Dillard is criminally underrated as a character. I think she is a far better and more compelling "criminal mastermind" character than Netflix Kingpin is.

Flyattractor
Thanos Bored Me. Warmonger from the firs Iron Man was more fun then him.

carthage
Fisk with Thanos as 2

The_Tempest

Eon Blue

quanchi112
Thanos is the only sensible answer.

Surtur
Well People thought Cap A Civil War was a Fun Movie when in reality it was a Mega Bore Fest until it got to the big Airport Flight Scene. I fast forwarded thru the vast majority of it and I STILL kept checking my watch.

I'm not even sure why Hydra turned Bucky into a super soldier. They thought Cap was dead so it's not like it was to f*ck with him. Was it just cuz...they came across his body and decided not to be wasteful?

TheVaultDweller
They'd already started the process earlier in the film, before he gets rescued by Steve from the one base (he still finds Bucky strapped to a medical chair, IIRC). So, guess they decided to finish what they started. And, based on CA:TWS & CA:CW, they did get some good use out of him over the decades.

steverules_2

quanchi112

steverules_2

quanchi112

SquallX
Originally posted by quanchi112
Zemo failed though. Bp did not kill him and the avengers will regroup. He aired Ws misdeeds of the past. Cap and tony will make amends.

Your love for Thanos blinds you.

Guess what? Thanos is also gonna lose in IW2. Since your claiming Zemo failing as a way to downplay his accomplishments, Thanos will not only lose, but everyone he kills will return.

In the end, Thanos would have accomplished nothing.

Surtur
Originally posted by SquallX

Guess what? Thanos is also gonna lose in IW2. Since your claiming Zemo failing as a way to downplay his accomplishments, Thanos will not only lose, but everyone he kills will return.

In the end, Thanos would have accomplished nothing.

It'll almost be like Thanos' entire life was pointless.

quanchi112

In the end, Thanos would have accomplished nothing. Thanos achieved his goal. He beatbthe avengers at the end of a film. He not only beat them but wakanda, gotg, Strange to boot.

If you do not think avenger will not die in the sequel you will be most disappointed. In the end he is the greatest villain the mcu has ever seen. Triggering your emotional response is the cherry on the top. Zemo was not powerful enough to take them on Thanos bested them all. Thanos is the most successful and powerful villain of all time.

SquallX

ares834
Yep. I enjoyed Thanos, but his entire plan was stupid as all hell. Killing half the universe is nothing more than a temporary measure to the resource problem. Within a few decades, the population would be back to where it was originally.

steverules_2
Originally posted by ares834
Yep. I enjoyed Thanos, but his entire plan was stupid as all hell. Killing half the universe is nothing more than a temporary measure to the resource problem. Within a few decades, the population would be back to where it was originally.

Humping

Esau Cairn
Killing your own daughter,

But she wasn't his biological daughter, was she?

Kinda makes Thanos the biggest cuck in the universe. cool

quanchi112
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
But she wasn't his biological daughter, was she?

Kinda makes Thanos the biggest cuck in the universe. cool He took in a stray. Her mother did not seek out a weakling like yourself. Context, cucko.

quanchi112

Eon Blue

SquallX
It showed his plans did not fully work as Bp realized it was not Bucky and took pity on the weak villain. Everyone else lived. Haha.

So someone will die thus proving Thanos is the grandest of them all one more time. No, little one he is the only one with the will to act on it. Your own mental limitations in ignoring his simple calculus is your own issue. You go on a rant and make shit up. Maybe seek out others wtf are you even talking about. He had a solution. Balance in the universe. The rest would take care of itself. Very simple yet you missed it and then started speculating out of your envy of Thanos.

Thanos was right and achieved his goal. Zemo failed and did not destroy any of the avengers. Rot you piitful and weak man.

Your stupidity stills continues to boggles me.

The fact that you fail to see Thanos as a good villain but with a retarted plan is still hilarious.

Thanos did not bring balance, he just left the Universe in a state of Chaos.

Thanos plan is essentially putting a bandage on an open head wound that continues to bleed by hoping said temporary bandages can somehow stop the flow with surgery.

Flyattractor
Doctor Doom from the Roger Corman Fantastic 4 Movie is still the Best Marvel Movie Villain.

Eon Blue

The fact that you fail to see Thanos as a good villain but with a retarted plan is still hilarious.

Thanos plan is essentially putting a bandage on an open head wound that continues to bleed by hoping said temporary bandages can somehow stop the flow with surgery.

That literally made no sense. Thanos is the best villain.

quanchi112

Thanos plan is essentially putting a bandage on an open head wound that continues to bleed by hoping said temporary bandages can somehow stop the flow with surgery. You cannot refute my points yet I crush yours. You need a little self awareness.

He had a sound plan to restore balance to the universe. Cutting the population by half is all he set out to do.

No one was in dire straights. It was just like a tornado came to town. Once it leaves sure there is sadness but life goes on. People move on the town still exists. Worlds still existed.

No, he healed the open head wound but that does not mean the head is immune to any other effects going forward. Do you want him to keep the universe safe in his sexy purple hands you blackhead of a man. I would pop you right now if I could.

quanchi112
That literally made no sense. Thanos is the best villain. thumb up

Flyattractor
Socks Unite!

tkitna
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Netflix Kingpin.

Just everything from his presence, his sheer brutality, his twisted love for Vanessa, to his complete and total selfishness and hypocrisy.

Oh hes great.

Michael Keatons Vulture would be a runner up. Keatons Fantastic performance as a family man and being blue collar worker just working his way up on the black market, after getting screwed by the government and corporations, but still only to provide for his family.

Loved how he was relateable, sympathetic but still obviously evil.

Kingpin for sure. He's played almost perfectly.

Keatons Vulture was a good villain and downright spooky, but I wouldnt rank him quite as high.

Hela was awesome in my opinion.

quanchi112
Originally posted by tkitna
Kingpin for sure. He's played almost perfectly.

Keatons Vulture was a good villain and downright spooky, but I wouldnt rank him quite as high.

Hela was awesome in my opinion. Now if you ask me my second favorite villain from the MCU that is a great question. I do not like any of the pitiful Netflix villains personally.

Eon Blue
Now if you ask me my second favorite villain from the MCU that is a great question. I do not like any of the pitiful Netflix villains personally.

What is your second favorite from the MCU, brother?

quanchi112
What is your second favorite from the MCU, brother? I would only grant such a request to blood. Ego.

Eon Blue
I would only grant such a request to blood. Ego.

Ego was played perfectly by Kurt Russell and instilled fear into hearts on a universal scale. Excellent choice.

quanchi112
Ego was played perfectly by Kurt Russell and instilled fear into hearts on a universal scale. Excellent choice. Brother, you get me.

SquallX

Darth Thor
Originally posted by tkitna

Hela was awesome in my opinion.

Hela was the coolest powerhouse we have seen for sure.

Despite her background and motivations not being explored much.

quanchi112

John Murdoch
A shame on all your houses for not mentioning the OG top Marvel villain: Ian McKellen's Magneto. Tremendous screen presence and the back-and-forth between himself and Patrick Stewart was fantastic (before the writers for the series kept wearing the will they, won't they aspect of Charles and Erik's relationship out in EVERY SINGLE X-MEN MOVIE EVER MADE). Also, his line in X-Men: The Last Stand to Pyro about Charles belongs in a far better movie than The Last Stand: "Charles Xavier did more for mutants than you will ever know. My single greatest regret is that he had to die for our dream to live." I might even prefer, however, Fassbender's Magneto to McKellen's. I'm counting them as one entity for the purposes of this thread.

I'll give my top ten, along with a few honorable mentions:

1) McKellen/Fassbender Magneto
2) Bushmaster
3) Thanos
4) Killmonger
5) Ego
6) Deacon Frost
7) Doc Ock
8) Loki
9) Sebastian Shaw
10) Vulture

HM's: Alexander Pierce, Red Skull, Jared Nomak, William Stryker, and Zemo.

Flyattractor

Darth Thor
She was Def more Fun then Thanos...and more pleasing to watch....Vulture was too. He pulled off what Thanos tired to do way better. Just because He didn't have Big Plan didn't make it a lesser one.

thumb up

And neither does one have to be the physically most powerful villain to be the best villain.

Robtard
Vulture - He was well cast, well written and well acted. He wasn't after world domination or mass murder like so cliches before him, he was out to support himself and his family and he did so because he was wronged to begin with

Zemo - Again, well cast, well written and well acted. Brilliant plan and you sympathized with him because of what he lost, even if his grief drove him to extremes and borderline insanity

Thanos - Again, well cast, well written and well acted. He was truly the hero of his own story. Problem here, his plan was so myopic, he had the power of God and still chooses the "welp, guess I'll murder trillions" when there were other more sensible options. But we can write that off to his contradictory callousness, part of his character. He wants to save have of sentient life, by killing the other half.

Honorable shout-out to Loki, even if he's more the antihero than villain at times. Hiddleston does a fantastic job with the role.

quanchi112
She was Def more Fun then Thanos...and more pleasing to watch....Vulture was too. He pulled off what Thanos tired to do way better. Just because He didn't have Big Plan didn't make it a lesser one.

Yeah. Thanos should have made every one Sterile instead.

Is like watching a cat bat at itself in a mirror. So you stare at cats in the mirror. Weird.

Anyways Thanos is the right choice but I doubt a bigger fan of Thanos other than myself exists. Just fakers like IT.

Flyattractor
Mee-ow!

John Murdoch
I'm glad that - at least on these boards - the argument of "Marvel has a villain problem" has seemingly been laid to rest.

Kazenji
Mee-ow!

Quan's so vain....Totally oblivious to what your getting at.

Impediment
Magneto is definitely an honorable mention.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by John Murdoch
I'm glad that - at least on these boards - the argument of "Marvel has a villain problem" has seemingly been laid to rest.

Honestly. The DCEU is the one with a major villain problem.

Like Zod was the only half decent one theyve had. And even he was nothing special, and fell massively short of the Terrence Stamps Zod. Like so short they shouldnt even be mentioned together.

The rest have been pure garbage.

-Pr-
Originally posted by John Murdoch

I'd imagine that's largely because they gave us three of their best in the last couple of years. Before that it was definitely more of a mixed bag.

playa1258
Thanos
Loki
Killmonger
Vulture

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Impediment
Magneto is definitely an honorable mention.

This is true.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
Vulture - He was well cast, well written and well acted. He wasn't after world domination or mass murder like so cliches before him, he was out to support himself and his family and he did so because he was wronged to begin with

Zemo - Again, well cast, well written and well acted. Brilliant plan and you sympathized with him because of what he lost, even if his grief drove him to extremes and borderline insanity

Thanos - Again, well cast, well written and well acted. He was truly the hero of his own story. Problem here, his plan was so myopic, he had the power of God and still chooses the "welp, guess I'll murder trillions" when there were other more sensible options. But we can write that off to his contradictory callousness, part of his character. He wants to save have of sentient life, by killing the other half.

Honorable shout-out to Loki, even if he's more the antihero than villain at times. Hiddleston does a fantastic job with the role.

thumb up

I can't wait to see what Feige does with Galactus, maybe Gladiator, Firelord, Air Walker, Terrax and obviously the Silver Surfer

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Robtard

Honorable shout-out to Loki, even if he's more the antihero than villain at times. Hiddleston does a fantastic job with the role. thumb up

These are my picks though I'd have Kingpin up there before Zemo. Red Skull also would get an honorable mention.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
thumb up

I can't wait to see what Feige does with Galactus, maybe Gladiator, Firelord, Air Walker, Terrax and obviously the Silver Surfer Galactus and the Surfer are musts for me a diehard cosmic marvel fan.

BackFire
Originally posted by NemeBro
Thanos, Fisk, Kilgrave, and Doc Ock. Probably Thanos overall for number one.

Pretty much agree with this. Would add Magneto (Both Fassbender and Ian Mckellen's portrayal) and Hela as honorable mentions, because Hela was hot as ****.

NemeBro
Hela is mommy true. Best MCU girl.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
thumb up

I can't wait to see what Feige does with Galactus, maybe Gladiator, Firelord, Air Walker, Terrax and obviously the Silver Surfer

Don't forget Doctor Doom.

Flyattractor
Doom Will Surpass Thanos.

Eon Blue
Doom Will Surpass Thanos.

In your dreams, chicken hearted man. Go back to tending the farm.

Thanos is the undisputed king.

Flyattractor
Your right.. It will probably be Galactus that does it next and best.

Eon Blue

Flyattractor
THEN after that it will be Doom. And Doom will be AWESOME SAUCE!!!!!!!!

Cause Fiegee is MOVIE COMIC BOOK GOD!!!!!!!!!

Eon Blue
THEN after that it will be Doom. And Doom will be AWESOME SAUCE!!!!!!!!

Cause Fiegee is MOVIE COMIC BOOK GOD!!!!!!!!!

Nothing will come close to what Thanos did. Keep on reaching for the invisible, cad. There is no hope for you.

Flyattractor
Sure it will. Sequels always gotta Up the Ante. Can't recall how many times THE ENTIRE Universe was threatened with Destruction in comics. Thanos only pulled a Half of the Uni and that was a repairable disaster. And it will all be UNDONE in Avg EG anyway.

Eon Blue
Sure it will. Sequels always gotta Up the Ante. Can't recall how many times THE ENTIRE Universe was threatened with Destruction in comics. Thanos only pulled a Half of the Uni and that was a repairable disaster. And it will all be UNDONE in Avg EG anyway.

So your entire argument is that sequels claim higher stakes, therefore are better? Run. Run far and fast. History proves you wrong.

Arachnid1
Doom Will Surpass Thanos. Facts

GOAT comic villain. Thanos doesn't even come close.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Facts

GOAT comic villain. Thanos doesn't even come close. That is what is speculation not a fact. If you do not know what a fact is kindly excuse yourself from the conversation. Thanos is the big bad in comics and now in the films. Doom is the ff bad who at his best has been a bigger threat than typically portrayed but Thanos has is typically the big bad of marvel.

quanchi112
Doom Will Surpass Thanos. Wanna bet? You are such an idiot.

Arachnid1
That is what is speculation not a fact. If you do not know what a fact is kindly excuse yourself from the conversation. Thanos is the big bad in comics and now in the films. Doom is the ff bad who at his best has been a bigger threat than typically portrayed but Thanos has is typically the big bad of marvel. https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/god-doom-kills-thanos-3.jpg

thumb up

quanchi112
https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/god-doom-kills-thanos-3.jpg

thumb up

https://i.postimg.cc/x8SvPGyz/56-F5252-A-678-B-42-CD-9-D11-852-DE86-AC76-A.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/ryWgtsC4/BD4-AE615-D648-44-F3-89-A1-A968885-D5-B35.jpg

Eon Blue

https://i.postimg.cc/ryWgtsC4/BD4-AE615-D648-44-F3-89-A1-A968885-D5-B35.jpg

thumb up

Thanos is superior to Doom in every way.

quanchi112
thumb up

Thanos is superior to Doom in every way. Doom has never really compared to Thanos. He is a born loser. Reed Richards owns the scarred crybaby. At the end of that story doom predictably fell apart because he is not worthy. Thanos is the GOAT.

Arachnid1

https://i.postimg.cc/ryWgtsC4/BD4-AE615-D648-44-F3-89-A1-A968885-D5-B35.jpg LMAO did you really just post a scan of Doom surviving a direct blast from the Infinity Gauntlet with nothing but some scratches in answer to my scan of Doom flat out murdering Thanos in the blink of an eye? If anything, your scan is just an amazing showing for baseline Doom. Could you imagine how helpless Thanos would be without the Gauntlet? Thanks for supporting Doom's utter superiority to Thanos. laughing out loud

quanchi112
LMAO did you really just post a scan of Doom surviving a direct blast from the Infinity Gauntlet with nothing but some scratches in answer to my scan of Doom flat out murdering Thanos in the blink of an eye? If anything, your scan is just an amazing showing for baseline Doom. Could you imagine how helpless Thanos would be without the Gauntlet? Thanks for supporting Doom's utter superiority to Thanos. laughing out loud Thanos toyed with him. If you were not aware of doom along with an array of heroes taking on a self limited Thanos only to lose collectively then your ignorance is well unnerving.

Doom had an amp in the arc. Thanos mocked him right to his overrated face. Doom was an afterthought to Thanos not even worthy of an audience.

Doom failed in the end. Like he always does. Thanos won like he typically does. In the end Doom fanboys bow to Thanos both in the comics and in the films.

Read the arcs next time, kiddo.

Thanos has always been a bigger deal than the ff loser.

Flyattractor
That is a big load of Shill HYPE-notism right there.

Eon Blue

quanchi112
That is a big load of Shill HYPE-notism right there. I am being historically accurate. Facts, kiddo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.