Darish Vol versus Darth Plagueis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Fight takes place on flat, neutral terrain.

Lord GOAT
Plagueis. Vol is more powerful, though.

BestDebaterEver
Vol is fairly ambiguous regarding top tiers, hell Plagueis is too to an extent.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I would like to know how people rate Plagueis' shenanigans in comparison to Vol's performance against Abeloth, comparison to FOTJ Luke, and scaling above the other Lost Tribe Sith. I mean, Vol was literally tanking waves of energy from Abeloth while proceeding to shred her mind with TP. All the while, Abeloth more or less subconsciously melted an entire city. It's not surprising that Abeloth believes Vol wields "much the power of Luke Skywalker."

Then there's the (vast) superiority Vol enjoys over the rest of the Lost Tribe Sith, including the finest Lords and High Lords. Viun Gaalan, a mere Lord, was stated by Luke to be capable of contending with/rivalling the likes of Kyle Katarn or Kyp Durron, and was able to resist "a clear exertion" of TK from FOTJ Luke to escape in his shuttle. Vol of course is far more powerful than even the mightiest of the High Lords, who are in turn above Gaalan, and likely by a rather substantial degree.

No matter what way you look at it, the guy is a veritable badass. I think he can win this, tbh.

Lord GOAT
The High Lords aren't necessarily above Gaalan.

The Ellimist
"Much the power of Luke" could also probably be reasonably used to describe Plagueis, if we have reasonable gaps between characters.

As for the TP feat, I'd have to look over it more carefully. If the context is right, it's definitely grounds to put Vol above Plagueis though.

RealistRacism
Below TPM Sheev = Much the power of Luke

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AmbitiousUnselfishKookaburra-small.gif

RealistRacism
Vol snaps Plagueis' mind in 0.001 seconds.

BestDebaterEver
To me "much the power" is a lot more credible than something like Vader's "80% of the Emperor." I don't think anyone would describe Vader as having "much the power of Sidious." So I'm inclined to think Vol would give Luke a run for his money. He's not in ragdoll territory, which alone speaks volumes.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

I think the most impressive part of Abeloth's assessment is that Abeloth had actually seen the real limits of Luke's power, given she'd already choked out a "Oneness" Luke Skywalker by the time she battled Vol. That she'd assert Vol has "much the power" of Luke Skywalker when the latter has utterly trounced the likes of Darth Caedus, UnuThul, armies of Vong and numerous Vong slayers without drawing on the full extent of his power, and in some of those cases, seems to be barely trying at all, is rather insane.

Beelzebub
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

I think the most impressive part of Abeloth's assessment is that Abeloth had actually seen the real limits of Luke's power, given she'd already choked out a "Oneness" Luke Skywalker by the time she battled Vol. That she'd assert Vol has "much the power" of Luke Skywalker

Good point.

xolthol
Skillz convince me: Darish win

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.