Snake Eyes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
The G.I. Joe character is getting his own movie

https://www.superherohype.com/movies/429193-robert-schwentke-eyed-to-helm-g-i-joe-spinoff-snake-eyes? fbclid=IwAR11OXSMOc3YKQRmB2kLHJf3BFiIBO1KB85xOABR7
6oEzbriiGmN9fbbRpY

Robert Schwentke is being eyed to direct movie.

BruceSkywalker
definitely could see..

rehire ray park

Flyattractor
Silent Castle... The Movie.... Now THAT Would Rock.

riv6672
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
definitely could see..

rehire ray park
Yeah he could still rock that role.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Kazenji

Robert Schwentke is being eyed to direct movie.

I see what you did there

Flyattractor
It would be awesome if this could be the CLASSIC Gi Joe Movie everyone has actually been wanting...and the Link Don't Work anymore.

Kazenji
Typical of the link not working after a few hours

i'm not fixing it.

Robtard
G.I. Joe:TRoC was meh/shit and the sequel was god awful. Going to need to see a trailer before I get even remotely excited over this.

Kazenji
Regarding the 2nd G.I. JOE movie, It didn't feel like a sequel it was basically GI JOE 1.5

as for this movie, I'm wondering if it's part of the planned Hasbro movie universe Paramount wants to do. Got Bumblebee out later this month and then there's plans for this Snake Eyes movie.

Flyattractor
I had hopes for Bumblebee....then I saw the latest trailer...and my hopes kinda fell..

Kazenji
The one from China?...as that's the only one i found that's recent. Felt more like a tv spot

Eh...i'm still on board with the Bumblebee movie.

Flyattractor
In the beach scene and he hides his head in the sand.....That just... I dunno...that seemed like something you would see in the Bayformers....

Kazenji
So one scene from a trailer and it puts you off the whole movie, Strange one you are.

Flyattractor
Didn't Put me off, but it relilghted my "Danger Will Robinson Danger" senses. But back to Gi Joe.

Hope we get a good Snake Eye's Origin. Would be cool if they went with him being a Nam Vet....

riv6672

Flyattractor
Age Does not Kill a Ninja! Only A NINJA Can Kill A NINJA!

And Just do the popular thing and make it a 80's Movie!!!!!!!!!

riv6672

Kazenji
Like those old Cannon films?

Flyattractor
Hell Yeah. That would be Awesome! Snake Eyes going Full Chuck Norris Ninja Commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

riv6672
^^^Agreed.
GI Joe was a very 80s concept. A smart script could really milk that Reagan era gung ho feel for humor, action, hilarious in hindsight moments etc.

Flyattractor
And have Larry Hama wright it.... We really need to get him out of Modern Comics...

riv6672

Flyattractor
Gi Joes over at IDW.

riv6672
Huh! Did not know.

Flyattractor
Yeah he has been doing a continuation of the old Marvel Series. Pretty good the first few dozen issues or so...lately tho....eeehhhh...

riv6672

Flyattractor
Yeah He has been "Borrowing" pretty Heavy from other Entertainment Sources in it for quite a while And His Snake Eyes Death Stories have pissed off a few fans.

Kazenji
Snake eyes to be recast

https://www.newsarama.com/43051-g-i-joe-s-snake-eyes-to-be-recast-for-solo-film.html? fbclid=IwAR38xZpFaxaN8BHO6UmeSRpX78kca_ran3BwaKKtn
3QmoPWoKy_9f-kw25M

riv6672
Boo.

Kazenji
So you want a 44 year old playing a late 20's/30 something year old?

Flyattractor
I agree with Riv. Its Crap. This just means we aint GETTTING Snake Eyes. We are just gonna get some Pretty Boy Actor. So just another Not Really a Gi Joe Movie.

Man when I watched and Read Gi Joe back in the day. I didn't have a prob with my Heroes being Older then me.

Meh to this now.

Kazenji
FFS it's a prequel, Don't know what part of that is registering with you two.

Flyattractor
They are going to FFS-uck it Up. That Registers just fine.

Kazenji
The idiot ball is more then rolling around in this court, It's gone into the hoop of stupidness.

riv6672
So you want a 44 year old playing a late 20's/30 something year old?
Of course i do.
BUT,
what i want and what makes sense, are two different things.

Hope that answers your question. stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
whoever they get i hope is a good enough martial artist

riv6672
Yeah, we dont want a season 1 Iron Fist situation.

Old Man Whirly!
Fun and enjoyable.

Patient_Leech
If I ever watch this, it will probably only be for Samara Weaving.

Because otherwise I don't think I really give a single crap.

https://cdn.cliqueinc.com/posts/288398/samara-weaving-interview-288398-1596154010869-square.700x0c.jpg

https://i0.wp.com/bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/segijdomonlineverticalcharacterscarlett-scaled.jpeg

BruceSkywalker
will watch sunday

riv6672

Old Man Whirly!
I enjoyed it 6.5 out of ten magic rock is silly, this is streetfighter?

BruceSkywalker

Kazenji
sorry riv ut tis was total shit.... golding was miscast. story sucked

Damn. Wish movie studio's would treat these properties good as much as they do comic book movies.

BruceSkywalker
Damn. Wish movie studio's would treat these properties good as much as they do comic book movies.

they should've ;eft it alone

Kazenji
they should've ;eft it alone

Or better yet, Get better people involved on the project.

Khazra Reborn

Nemesis X
When I saw the sword fighting in traffic, I knew this was gonna be too tryhard even by GI Joe standards.

riv6672
sorry riv ut tis was total shit.... golding was miscast. story sucked
GI JOE is a cursed franchise, damn.

TheVaultDweller
The plot and characterisation in this movie really annoyed me. Snake Eyes acts like a lying shitbag throughout most of the film but is suddenly a hero at the end just because he decided to help clean up the mess he caused in the first place, and Tommy makes one bad call and gets everything good he's done up until that point invalidated, and then just does a heel turn and joins Cobra. It's so dumb. And way too many cuts during the action scenes.

tkitna
Just saw this. It was terrible.

Walt Longmire
bought it on prime, ok movie but it wasnt a gi joe movie yet again, god awful gi joe movie that shows no respect to source material

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.