Far Cry 6

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Looks like it's going to be a post apocalyptic setting for the next game

KKseXjx_668

Smasandian
Why?

I don't get it. Far Cry 5 was alright. I never finished it because there wasn't a compelling story at all.

Kazenji
Still haven't played the 5th game, I've only seen gameplay of it on youtube

They need to change up the gameplay mechanics again, It's still using alot of things that Far Cry 3 set in stone.

KingD19
This seems to be the first Far Cry direct sequel between 5 and 6, as the ending of 5 seems to be a few years before 6 starts up.

BackFire
Originally posted by Smasandian
Why?

I don't get it. Far Cry 5 was alright. I never finished it because there wasn't a compelling story at all.

Me too. I was really excited about the setting of middle America, thought they coulda done some very cool and interesting things, instead it was just bland and boring.

Smasandian
I agree.

I thought they cleaned up the experience a little bit and made it a bit more immersive. It was nice they removed all icons from the map and made the game more about moving around the environment than driving to icons.

The activities and gameplay were good as well but there was no reason to continue playing without having any story based reason to do so.

However, I love Assassins Creed Odyssey for the small tweaks they have done so this could be slightly different. I'm intrigued by the setting but I hope they it's not Far Cry 5 but with destroyed settings but an actual survival-ish game.

BackFire
Yeah, it was to me like they were afraid of it being too controversial, or of being seen as anti america or something, so they removed a lot of bite from the setting that it otherwise could have had.

Anyways, looks like this new one might be diving head first into controversy. The cover and title for the game leaked. The cover itself is pretty provocative, showing two black women about to kill a white man tied helplessly to a car. And the title is New Dawn. It's unclear if these two women are the game's villains or what. Also looks like it may take place in the immediate aftermath of 5, with a new reverse cult taking over the city of Far Cry 5.

https://kotaku.com/the-leaked-box-art-for-far-cry-new-dawn-owns-1830916739

Smasandian
Hmm. That's kind of neat. I would dig that.

However, they need to fundamentally changed the gameplay mechanics and I have no doubt that it will just be another Far Cry.

BackFire
Yeah, I think the gameplay mechanics, that are really getting tired at this point, will probably not be changed much until next gen. I'd like to see a full revamp of the style of these games, similar to how AC Oirigins did last year for AC games.

These Far Cry games make me really want a new Crysis game.

Smasandian
I agree. It needs a revamp like AC Origins. The newest Assassins Creed is basically a RPG and it works really well because RPG's generally do not have the freedom of movement AC does extremely well.

It might be cool if this game goes more towards Fallout survival mode (ranger?) but without the RPG aspects and the "Fallout/Bethesda" vibe. Add that with the excellent mechanics Far Cry has (shooting, moving, driving...), it could be interesting.

But it won't be.

EDIT: A Crysis game would be awesome. Or at least a Crysis like game where there is open areas but it's linear. Maybe add a hub world of some kind. I'm getting a bit sick of open world games.....

BackFire
Yeah. A new Far Cry game going back and tinkering with the survival aspects of Far Cry 2 would be cool. Also adding more RPG elements and story elements would also be good. I dunno, there's a lot they could do if they wanted.

Smasandian
Yeah.

To tell you the truth, a Far Cry version of the STALKER series is basically what I would want.

Kazenji
jpDYT0cPVok

Smasandian
Yeah no. No interest in that.

It's another Far Cry game.

BackFire
Agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.