Can the human race overcome Politics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack

samhain
I'm all for a reasonable debate with someone who has an opposing/contrasting viewpoint to me because one of two things usually happens, either you have your mind changed due to new information coming to your attention or you solidify your existing opinion on the subject, neither of these things is an outright bad I think. Too many people take disagreements/alternate opinions too personally I think, as though it's an attack on them, partly because we revere victimhood in our society so much these days I think. Life struggles have become a badge of honour that people are all too eager to wear because it gives a person a type of automatic social credibility which leads to tunnel vision with a lot of people.

Flyattractor
The Answer to this Thread's Question is "No". Or Not until Humans over come being "Human".

BackFire
Originally posted by samhain
I'm all for a reasonable debate with someone who has an opposing/contrasting viewpoint to me because one of two things usually happens, either you have your mind changed due to new information coming to your attention or you solidify your existing opinion on the subject, neither of these things is an outright bad I think. Too many people take disagreements/alternate opinions too personally I think, as though it's an attack on them, partly because we revere victimhood in our society so much these days I think. Life struggles have become a badge of honour that people are all too eager to wear because it gives a person a type of automatic social credibility which leads to tunnel vision with a lot of people.

Hey, **** you for thinking that, buddy.

samhain
Originally posted by BackFire
Hey, **** you for thinking that, buddy.

U so trig'd bro!

dadudemon
Start here:

https://anticorruptionact.org/

They have actual text to read that they are pushing to make it into law. And they have seen success.

Same as this next group:

Then go here to look at probably the best group I've seen on fighting corruption and getting the rest of the people represented in politics.

https://represent.us/

Definitely watch this video:

5tu32CCA_Ig

BrolyBlack

samhain
I would say it's politicians that are unnecessary not so much politics itself, in so far as I see politics as largely being about how you negotiate and deal with others. That might be more diplomacy for some but they go hand in hand somewhat for me, so a job title like politician is kind of like them saying, 'It's my job to decide what's best for you people.' Therefore, they're more unnecessary than politics itself IMO.

CroftAlice
No

BrolyBlack
Why not? Who says being political is the right way to live. What makes it a necessity?

After all politics are just ideas people invent. The ideas don’t actually have to be a reality.

Emperordmb
What makes politics a necessity is that we exist with both a capacity for violence and a vulnerability to it, and it has to be brought to heel somehow.

Politics is the dialogue and system by which we manage this capacity.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.