Nyriss vs. Meetra Surik

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Some people believe that Meetra is weaker in the novel due to losing her Force wound.

Who wins this on neutral ground?

CuckedCurry
Meetra probs

Selenial
Surik lmao

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Selenial
Surik lmao

Could you elaborate on your case for Meetra being depowered in the novel?

Azronger
Yeah, any indication of that in the novel, I did not see. And read it only a few days ago, I did.

Selenial
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Could you elaborate on your case for Meetra being depowered in the novel?

Help a pal out, what do you not see the evidence for? Her losing her wound, losing the wound meaning she's less powerful, or the debilitating effect Dromund Kaas has on Jedi? mmm

Azronger
BTW, got the quote for Malachor > Kaas as a nexus, do you? See it in the novel, I did not either.

Of Meetra losing her wound, what indication is there?

Selenial

Selenial
Originally posted by Azronger
Of Meetra losing her wound, what indication is there?

A comparison.

I'll start this off by saying, I'm usually fond of the phrase 'absence of evidence is not evidence of absence'. The quotes I'm about to post make no mention of a wound, it's true, but strike so massively against any possibility of a wound that their writing is proof of the lack of her wound.

Here is the description of Meetra with her wound:

Compare that to the following descriptions of the Exile by Scourge and Revan:

Where the Jedi sensed a similar phenomena to Malachor (note: a planet that like Nathema, drained the force from those who walked on its surface), yet Scourge sensed a pure channeling of the Light Side, and felt nothing similar to Nathema that would turn him from working with her.

I know Karpyshyn doesn't mention the wound, but every description of her completely eradicates the possibility of a wound anyway.

For what it's worth, when asked whether she was still a wound, he replied that he liked to let his work speak for itself and that the answer would be in there somewhere.

Trocity
Nyriss, yeah.

Jaggarath
I'm game for a Meetra wound discussion after finals.

carthage
Nyriss already won
At least give Meetra Bane

Durron
selenial really makes a good point here, even if drew didn't want her depowered, and just didn't know what kotor 2 was about, which probably happened

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.