Darth Bane (RoT) vs. Darth Bane (DoE)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
1. Orbalisk armor
2. Power amp from orbalisk but no protection

gold slorg
My usual problem with those types of fights is that it is basically of minimized importance whether the older version is more powerful, less skilled, differently armored, or whatever. DoE Bane is older than RoT Bane. He is RoT Bane that adapted his style, gained new experiences, modified his tactics, a Bane that has basically changed, but was once RoT Bane.

DoE Bane would win 10/10, and literally 10/10, in nearly all plausible scenarios. He would know all movements of his younger version, would know him perfectly, all his tiniest movements, all his tactics, his reactions, everything. Of course it's not omniscience, but try to imagine 40 year old us going back 10 years in time to face our previous iterations. It doesn't really matter if we got weaker with age, unless it's a giant debilitation - we know every movement of our younger self and can predict basically everything, because we once were those persons, we literally were, and it's something far greater than even studying the opponent for 20 years lol. We were that person. Same applies here. DoE Bane was RoT Bane, and would thus win almost every time, unless you believe he is really, really debilitated physically.

Meatpants
^ he's got a point there.

My surface thoughts are that DoE Bane is Bane at his strongest as a whole, similar to how RotJ is when Vader was at his strongest.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by gold slorg
Of course it's not omniscience, but try to imagine 40 year old us going back 10 years in time to face our previous iterations. It doesn't really matter if we got weaker with age, unless it's a giant debilitation - we know every movement of our younger self and can predict basically everything, because we once were those persons, we literally were, and it's something far greater than even studying the opponent for 20 years lol. We were that person. Same applies here. DoE Bane was RoT Bane, and would thus win almost every time, unless you believe he is really, really debilitated physically.

Nonsense. Were an unarmored, 40 year old me to enter a sword fight against a 20 year old me wearing full plate armor, the older me would be skewered every single time, provided that the 20 year old me wasn't completely incompetent by comparison.

Now, in Star Wars, there are other factors that make matters less clear cut, but I still take issue with your logic. Firstly, RoT Bane's fighting style doesn't rely on nuance or sophistication to begin with; he savagely beats his opponents to death with his lightsaber in a bloodrage, which he can afford to do because he has armor that protects him from virtually all harm. DoE Bane's insight into this means that he'll know the best way to approach the situation, but it doesn't guarantee that he can handle it. Hell, even in a more typical case, familiarity someone's style doesn't make you invulnerable to it; actual fights are dynamic.

Secondly, I'm skeptical of your assumption that a warrior would be better equipped to fight himself than a rival would be. He might be somewhat better at predicting his own strategy, but that's not necessarily the same as being better prepared to effectively counter it. I'd personally be far more confident in a rival's ability to do so, as someone who's actually fought against those techniques several times, and has presumably practiced ways to counter them. Especially if the fellow devoted your example of 20 years to doing so.

Meatpants
Yeah, I highly doubt DoE Babe would win 10/10 times, but I'm leaning towards him taking the majority unless someone can give a better argument for Orbalisk Bane.

NewGuy01
He might. To be clear, I don't actually know or care about who would win.

The Merchant
ROT Bane seemed more physically stronger and stronger in the Force, while DOE was more knowledgeable. DOE being a tad more slow would mean a lot to his younger self.

Meatpants
How would DoE Bane be weaker in the force than RoT?

NewGuy01
Well, he's younger, for one thing. More importantly, though, the orbalisks put him into a chemically-induced dark rage when he fights, which makes Sith more powerful.

Azronger
Win both fights, DoE Bane does

MythLord
Az is a Yoda fan now?

Intr3pId
RoT.

BestDebaterEver
My usual problem with those types of fights is that it is basically of minimized importance whether the older version is more powerful, less skilled, differently armored, or whatever. DoE Bane is older than RoT Bane. He is RoT Bane that adapted his style, gained new experiences, modified his tactics, a Bane that has basically changed, but was once RoT Bane.

DoE Bane would win 10/10, and literally 10/10, in nearly all plausible scenarios. He would know all movements of his younger version, would know him perfectly, all his tiniest movements, all his tactics, his reactions, everything. Of course it's not omniscience, but try to imagine 40 year old us going back 10 years in time to face our previous iterations. It doesn't really matter if we got weaker with age, unless it's a giant debilitation - we know every movement of our younger self and can predict basically everything, because we once were those persons, we literally were, and it's something far greater than even studying the opponent for 20 years lol. We were that person. Same applies here. DoE Bane was RoT Bane, and would thus win almost every time, unless you believe he is really, really debilitated physically. What a retard. If I had a gun when I was 30 and a knife when I was 40, 30 year old would win no matter what. You need to be trolling to be this level of stupid.

gold slorg
Originally posted by BestDebaterEver
What a retard. If I had a gun when I was 30 and a knife when I was 40, 30 year old would win no matter what. You need to be trolling to be this level of stupid.

You're reaching the scale where the difference in armament covers any possible gap, DoE Bane without a lightsaber would be murderstomped by armed RoT Bane as well, lol. Same where the physical gap is just too large no matter what, like ESB Yoda vs. RotS Yoda.

(...) unless it's a giant debilitation (...)

l2read 1st

The Ellimist
New stipulation: either Bane automatically wins if they can put their hand on the other Bane's chest and pour energy in for 30 seconds uninterrupted, Krayt Reborn style.

gold slorg
excellent idea, need to think about it, i'll respond soon

BestDebaterEver
You're reaching the scale where the difference in armament covers any possible gap, DoE Bane without a lightsaber would be murderstomped by armed RoT Bane as well, lol. Same where the physical gap is just too large no matter what, like ESB Yoda vs. RotS Yoda.

(...) unless it's a giant debilitation (...)

l2read 1st You didn't indicate that you thought DoE had a giant debilitation, you think he wins, you ****.

Valkorion
Originally posted by The Ellimist
1. Orbalisk armor

RoT 9.5/10

0.5 is by a fluke hit or lightning

DoE 7/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.