CW Superman vs. IW Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Superman as of Elseworlds

No BFR

Who wins

Impediment
Smallville Superman?

Not even a contest.

Superman utterly shit stomps and pees in Thor's butt.

Silent Master
I believe he's talking about the current CW Superman, IE the one that showed up on Supergirl.

Eon Blue
Thor wins.

Robtard
Smallville would obliterate Thor.

If it's the Superman in the Supergirl show and he's supposed to be as powerful as she is, he also crushes.

Senor Cage
Superman destroys Thor. Totally different class.

BruceSkywalker
if this be tyler hoechlin then I'd give it to Thor unless part 3 of Elseworlds changes my mind

Impediment
The CW Superman is tiers above MCU Thor.

Superman utterly stomps.

Silent Master
What are his best feats?

John Murdoch
Glad to see Tyler Hoechlin is getting seen positively as Superman: loved him in Road to Perdition, good to see a child actor keep a level head on his shoulders.

Welling Superman could kill the entire MCU, including probably even Dormammu. He could push Ego into a sun, kill Thanos before he could think, etc. He is indeed leagues above Thor.

Don't know anything about Hoechlin Supes. I'd need some feats. If he is in Cavill Supes ballpark, he can give a good fight.

TheVaultDweller
He has comparable stats to CW Supergirl. I have only watched the first of the Elseworlds episodes so far, but he showed some pretty impressive speed during the fight with Amazo.

Silent Master
Is comparable stats based on feats or just statements?

Surtur
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Glad to see Tyler Hoechlin is getting seen positively as Superman: loved him in Road to Perdition, good to see a child actor keep a level head on his shoulders.

Welling Superman could kill the entire MCU, including probably even Dormammu. He could push Ego into a sun, kill Thanos before he could think, etc. He is indeed leagues above Thor.

Don't know anything about Hoechlin Supes. I'd need some feats. If he is in Cavill Supes ballpark, he can give a good fight.

Well Welling DID have a magic weakness. On the other hand Dormy has no feats showing he could withstand Welling's heat vision.

juggerman
Originally posted by Silent Master

I think they went toe to toe before and SG slightly edged him

Silent Master
Deathstroke has gone toe to toe with the Flash before, nobody seriously thinks he has comparable speed. besides, I've heard plenty of people complain that CW SG's feats are all over the map.

BTW, I'm just playing devil's advocate, given DC's record of wanking Superman. he probably has much better stats, or he will soon.

juggerman
That was the only thing I could think of as they don't show much of him in the show.

TheVaultDweller

They've fought each other as peers, with Supergirl edging a win in the end.

TheVaultDweller
IIRC, he also briefly held a building up that was collapsing at some point. But I can't find the clip of it right now.

But eh, I will have a better idea after Elseworlds, probably. Because, so far, he has been more of a guest character than main cast. So, hasn't had much of the limelight. But he plays a more prominent role in the crossover, so should get more feats.

Silent Master
I'm mainly asking because in the board's last CW Supergirl vs MCU Thor thread. most people were giving pre-Ragnarok Thor the win based on her crappy combat feats.

Did her combat feats get so much better that she can now beat IW Thor?

WolvesofBabylon
Probably Thor for now. Seems Superman should play a bigger part in the Eleseworlds Finale. I do hope we get some more feats from The Monitor as well.

TheVaultDweller
I'm actually behind a few episodes this season. It hasn't really held my attention like the other shows have. But she has actually become more consistent in recent times, from what I can recall. She even remembers to use her super speed in combat a lot more regularly.

But eh, as I said, Superman doesn't actually have that much in the way of feats himself yet. So, going to wait for the crossover to conclude before commenting further.

Surtur
Deathstroke has gone toe to toe with the Flash before

*Shakes fist at whoever wrote Identity Crisis*

BruceSkywalker
As of Elseworlds, IW Thor takes this

BrolyBlack
Based on his actual feats from Elseworlds, Thor. Based on him being the same Clark from Smallville, Superman.

TheVaultDweller
I think that was just a little easter egg for the fans of that show. I don't think it was meant to imply he was Smallville Superman. I could very well be wrong though, but I would wait for an official confirmation that this is indeed the case before using it in Versus threads.

Based on feats? Thor wins. We'd have to use a massive amount of scaling and assumptions for Clark to win here.

WolvesofBabylon
Its obvious CW is going with Supergirl>Superman. Thor wins this

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I think that was just a little easter egg for the fans of that show. I don't think it was meant to imply he was Smallville Superman. I could very well be wrong though, but I would wait for an official confirmation that this is indeed the case before using it in Versus threads.

Based on feats? Thor wins. We'd have to use a massive amount of scaling and assumptions for Clark to win here.

You are wrong. smile

They used the same theme music, farm house as smallville.

He is just the continuation of smallville. They also made it pretty clear from the beginning of Supergirl

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
You are wrong. smile

He is just the continuation of smallville. They also made it pretty clear from the beginning of Supergirl

That is what is referred to as an easter egg or reference. It could also simply mean that the Smallville Universe is part of the CW multiverse (considering there are at least 90 separate Earths), and that both Clarks grew up on the same farm but on alternate Earths. Even though there are variations, a lot of Earths also have a lot in common. For example, the Earth 90 Green Arrow's costume (who is shown as one of the fallen heroes of Earth 90) matches Smallville Green Arrow's.

This article describes it as a "homage" and "nostalgic easter egg". And these are the words of the showrunners themselves.

https://www.etonline.com/supergirl-flash-arrow-eps-dish-on-smallville-easter-eggs-in-elseworlds-crossover-115428

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
You are wrong. smile

shame TI.. shame.....

Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Its obvious CW is going with Supergirl>Superman. Thor wins this

yea CW Clark is nothing but a jobber

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
That is what is referred to as an easter egg or reference. It could also simply mean that the Smallville Universe is part of the CW multiverse (considering there are at least 90 separate Earths), and that both Clarks grew up on the same farm but on alternate Earths. Even though there are variations, a lot of Earths also have a lot in common. For example, the Earth 90 Green Arrow's costume (who is shown as one of the fallen heroes of Earth 90) matches Smallville Green Arrow's.

This article describes it as a "homage" and "nostalgic easter egg". And these are the words of the showrunners themselves.

https://www.etonline.com/supergirl-flash-arrow-eps-dish-on-smallville-easter-eggs-in-elseworlds-crossover-115428

I guess its possible.

Darth Thor
Smallville Superman has a completely different Kara and Martian Manhunter. So no, CW Superman is not Smallville Superman.

Besides They would have just gotten Tom Welling to play him if that was their intention. And would not have gotten Smallville Lois to be Karas mum lol

BrolyBlack
Tom said he is done being Clark. He would never do it

Darth Thor
Until he gets offered more money.

They would at least get someone who somewhat looks like him.

Besides as already mentioned continuity doesnt match. Like at all.

TheVaultDweller
Based on how he looked on Lucifer, Tom doesn't really have the looks for Superman anymore. He's too old at this point, IMO. He could definitely play his dad though (either of them).

SynnVMEylMw

Darth Thor
^ Fair point. But again too many continuity differences.

It's like Into the Spider Verse made several references to actual event which happened in the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man films.

But he's clearly not the Tobey Spider-Man given he has man made web shooters and Tobeys were biological.

And that was actual events and happenings from those films directly referenced. This was just the theme song. Clearly nothing more than an Easter Egg.

TheVaultDweller
I wasn't saying he was any role right now. I mean that's the role I could see him playing if he ever does get involved in any Superman kind of show in some capacity again. I could see him playing either Jor-El or Jonathan Kent.

Darth Thor
Oh yeah definitely. Like Smallvilles Lois plays Karas deceased Mum.

They like bringing the oldies back.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.