Can Darth Bane Replicate Zoist?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xiggy
Suck the planet dry?

victreebelvictr
No.

gold slorg
he can, but only if he accepts his inferiority, limitations, and weaknesses

Geistalt
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
No.

DarthCaedus77
Not in his wildest dreams.

Haschwalth
no.

HP Legend
Don't know about replicating Ziost but he can definitely replicate Zoist.

CuckedCurry
Nice

snoke123
if he knows the ritual, perhaps.

Geistalt
You think he can possess billions of people, including Force-sensitives?

S_W_LeGenD
Impossible for him.

He had to draw upon the energies of a structure (a nexus of dark side energy) to create a sphere of energy about 30 feet across (i.e. Death Field), to consume cultists. And the feat pushed him to his limits.

Originally posted by snoke123
Not a ritual.

snoke123
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

Not a ritual.
so what is it?

MythLord
thumb up

With proper prep and a similar set of circumstances, any notable Dark Sider might be able to pull it off.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Impossible for him.

He had to draw upon the energies of a structure (a nexus of dark side energy) to create a sphere of energy about 30 feet across (i.e. Death Field), to consume cultists. And the feat pushed him to his limits.

Not a ritual.

Vitiate's consumption of Ziost reminds me of Kaan's thought bomb ritual. Difference being that Vitiate is at the epicenter of the explosion, and naturally, everything blasted by Dark Side energy is drawn into him.

AncientPower
Originally posted by MythLord
thumb up

With proper prep and a similar set of circumstances, any notable Dark Sider might be able to pull it off.

Ziost was explicitly not a ritual.

HP Legend
so what is it?

Just dark side power taken to it's most extreme per the SWTOR Codex. There is no reference anywhere to it being a ritual and the SWTOR Codex actually makes note of how it isn't a ritual.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
No, not even close.

Necromancer76
Well, he could barely even comprehend some of the rituals that Darth Revan knew so probably not.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by HP Legend
Just dark side power taken to it's most extreme per the SWTOR Codex. There is no reference anywhere to it being a ritual and the SWTOR Codex actually makes note of how it isn't a ritual.

It is still similar to Kaan's thought bomb.

S_W_LeGenD
thumb up

Any example to cite?

Ambria is the closest analogue in the literature, but what happened in its case? A powerful Sith Sorceress ordered the construction of a gigantic Orbalisk on Ambria ; the instrument to fuel her super-ritual, but she ended-up killing herself and everybody else on the planet. So much for the preparation theory.

Darth Nihilus came close (e.g. Katarr), but he was the embodiment of HUNGER - a unique condition.

"His power is great, and it comes from hunger. He is a wound in the Force, more presence than flesh, and in his wake life dies, sacrificing itself to his hunger." (Visas Marr)

The only other expression of power which could KILL a world as per Luke Skywalker was the Force Storm, but no demonstration of this scale exist.

For the 'similar set of circumstances' part:

"On Ziost his spirit controls beings and then uses to kill other beings then posses more, it's a cycle until I think it reaches a point where he's able to consume the planet." - statement of a member of the official SWTOR forums (endorsed by Charles Boyd)

- no circumstances involved.

"Global cataclysms are not unheard of. Whole worlds teeming with life have been rendered lifeless by meteorites, broken apart by instability in the planet's own core--even atomized by the destructive force of a supernova. But the eerie calm of a world stripped of life yet left otherwise intact is another matter altogether. Whispered rumors have persisted of planets snuffed out through intricate Sith rituals or by way of deadly, arcane machines--such as the device Revan sought to employ on Yavin 4--but Ziost represents a clear display of the corrosive power of the dark side of the Force taken to its extreme."

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Sith Emperor: Codex Entry titled "Death of a World."wink

This is why I believe that Valkorion is above any Jedi or Sith.

so what is it?
See above.

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Vitiate's consumption of Ziost reminds me of Kaan's thought bomb ritual. Difference being that Vitiate is at the epicenter of the explosion, and naturally, everything blasted by Dark Side energy is drawn into him.
Interesting perspective.

Geistalt
Zoist the colors high, captain

BATTEN DOWN THE LIFE WENCHES

gold slorg
BOARD THE SLOOP

TAKE NO PRISONERS

Jaggarath
thumb up

lmao wtf

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, I don't buy that at all.

One Big Mob
Darth Sion 1v1s Ziost

Xiggy
*Zoist

NTJack0
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
No.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.