Racial Discrimination in the Criminal Justice System: A Myth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
I've posted about this before. Seems I was wrong.

Seems I was buying into the SJW Koolaid again.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886913000470#!

Interesting topic.

Also read another study on this same topic that stated black males are arrested for violent crimes at rates 3.6 times (per capita) the rate of white males despite being a significantly smaller minority. And that this pointed to the fact that the system is clearly has a bias against black males, especially.

But when the data is examined a bit closer, they represented 6x the rate of violent crime but only 3.6 times the arrest rate meaning that white males, relative to black males, are over-arrested. Another way to look at it is black males are arrested at a lower proportional rate to white males for violent crime.

But why?

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/apr/02/sally-kohn/sally-kohn-white-men-69-percent-arrested-violent/

This is not a whites vs. blacks debate. I don't want to get into race-wars and talk about which race is superior because I think that's bullshit. I've stated multiple times that our "Black Violent Crime Problem" is not a race problem at all: it's a black culture and socio-economic problem.

Really, what I'd like to focus on is the SJW falsehoods that all of us are been force-fed. The idea that the American Criminal Justice System is racist is so entrenched in our thinking that almost no one, even highly educated people, will state otherwise. I studied criminology in college (not as a major) and I was still misled.

Emperordmb
I mean here's the first thing that pops into my head when people bring up those statistical disparities: There are even larger disparities between women and men and few people claim the system is rigged against men.

Putinbot1
Plenty of other studies disagree. This Washington post article cites many.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/opinions/wp/2018/09/18/theres-overwhelming-evidence-that-the-criminal-justice-system-is-racist-heres-the-proof/P

Bashar Teg
#gaslighting

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
#gaslighting Pretty much, don't know why though.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I mean here's the first thing that pops into my head when people bring up those statistical disparities: There are even larger disparities between women and men and few people claim the system is rigged against men.

Plenty of people complain about sexism in the criminal justice system.

Surtur
SJW's were wrong?

Damn, I look forward to your "Water is wet" topic next DDM...

Robtard
Originally posted by Putinbot1

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/opinions/wp/2018/09/18/theres-overwhelming-evidence-that-the-criminal-justice-system-is-racist-heres-the-proof/P

Shut up, libtard. You and your studies.

I actually heard there's racial discrimination in the US justice and Penal system but it's biased against White people. Nothing harder than being White in America.

Flyattractor

A "WashedUpPost" article.. Well at least we know it won't becoming from a Biased Source or anything....

HA!

dadudemon

That's not correct.

I only made it through the first half and still not a single entry that relates to this thread. That article appears to be off-topic.

The focus is CJS and incarceration. And there are a myriad of problems with using those studies and with the studies themselves. I clearly don't have the time to break down why most of those, taken with a superficial understanding, is dishonest.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Shut up, libtard. You and your studies.

I actually heard there's racial discrimination in the US justice and Penal system but it's biased against White people. Nothing harder than being White in America.

Correct. You're posting on topic. And the research points to what you just said as being correct, as well.

Law Enforcement practices, however, is a different topic and different thread.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Flyattractor
A "WashedUpPost" article.. Well at least we know it won't becoming from a Biased Source or anything....

HA!

You cannot dismiss all the of the research the author put together just because you don't like it. While that article seems to not be relevant to this thread, there's still some great content in it. Read it. Follow up on the studies, too.

Surtur
I agree with you that it's not a race problem, but a culture problem. The issue is that there are people(both white and black) who will view "black culture is the problem" as still being racist.

If a certain group commits more crime I don't think it's fair to essentially blame their DNA.

Robtard
TIL: Surtur believes "black culture" is the problem

j/k I've known this for a long time now.

Pray tell, what is your solution to the problem of "black culture"? Sell me on it.

Surtur

Pray tell, what is your solution to the problem of "black culture"? Sell me on it.

Lol@ you self triggering over this. I'm not here to sell you on anything. Give it a rest.

Emperordmb
Fathers staying in the home would be a solid start.

Surtur

Yep. I would say a combination of increased sexual education and increased access to condoms would also help. Access to better education in general would help(this doesn't apply only to this community)

darthgoober

Well the first step is of course, acknowledging that there's a problem(which far more people need to do). As for an actual course of action, that's really seems like something black people themselves will have to decide. It's their culture, if non blacks try to force change upon it there's going to be some heavy resistance.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
Lol@ you self triggering over this. I'm not here to sell you on anything. Give it a rest.

So you don't have a solution then to the "black culture" problem. Gotcha.

Robtard

What's the cause of that iyo?

Robtard
Yep. I would say a combination of increased sexual education and increased access to condoms would also help. Access to better education in general would help(this doesn't apply only to this community)

Careful, Surt. Your Alt-Right is peeking out again.

Surtur

One doesn't need to have a solution for a problem in order to point it out. I'm not even the only one who mentioned black culture.

Surtur

Lol why is that "alt right" ?

darthgoober
A person doesn't need to know how to fix a car to tell that there's a problem with one.

Robtard

quanchi112

Surtur

Emperordmb
What's the cause of that iyo?
Not slavery and Jim Crow considering the statistics on single motherhood were actually better for the black community in 1960.

An overlay of many things likely.

One could argue certain welfare programs make a two parent household less of an economic necessity and thus there's less incentive for a two parent household. It's also likely the war on drugs had a significant impact on fatherlessness in the black community (the war on drugs has been something I've consistently been strongly against for the past 6 years). It's also likely the modern attitudes in our culture towards sex, marriage, and commitment have something to do with it given that the single motherhood rate for every community has been increasing in recent decades.

I wouldn't say it's a problem with a simple cause or a simple fix, though the adoption of more personal responsibility by men in this community, society as a whole adopting a better attitude towards sex and marriage, and ending the war on drugs would be a decent place to start.

Surtur
Not slavery and Jim Crow considering the statistics on single motherhood were actually better for the black community in 1960.

One could argue certain welfare programs make a two parent household less of an economic necessity and thus there's less incentive for a two parent household. It's also likely the war on drugs had a significant impact on fatherlessness in the black community (the war on drugs has been something I've consistently been strongly against for the past 6 years). It's also likely the modern attitudes in our culture towards sex, marriage, and commitment have something to do with it given that the single motherhood rate for every community has been increasing in recent decades.

I wouldn't say it's a problem with a simple cause or a simple fix, though the adoption of more personal responsibility by men in this community, society as a whole adopting a better attitude towards sex and marriage, and ending the war on drugs would be a decent place to start.

For the two parent household thing...I think you're talking about the "Great Society" programs by LBJ right?

Emperordmb
For the two parent household thing...I think you're talking about the "Great Society" programs by LBJ right?
Idk, I've heard that point raised before so I mentioned it as a possibility. I myself am not an expert on it.

Surtur

Rob I still don't get why what I said was alt right.

dadudemon

Stop making this a pissing match with Surtur.

Black American Culture IS the problem. I've posted about this before with actual research that showed Sub-Saharan African (black people) immigrants get into less trouble than almost any race demographic in the US. Clearly, it is not a race issue. You cannot be intellectually honest and also say "black people are naturally criminals compared to other races." The evidence points to a culture issue. And as I put in the OP, it's also a socio-economic issue.

Surtur is right about this. To say Sutur is wrong is to ignore the fact that tens of thousands of black immigrants are damn good Citizens and Aliens. Sometimes, it's harmful to the minorities you intend to help by ignoring the issues those minorities face. A toxic culture is one of the many issues black Americans face and people in and out of the black community have been working decades to try and get rid of that toxicity.

Alright, off my soap-box. Go back to mocking Surtur.

dadudemon

You're not wrong. I posted about this before with quite a bit of research to back it up. Black men had better wage parity to white men in 1910 than they do now. For all the Social Justice (actual social justice, I mean this in a good way) progress we have made, it does appear that black families took a hard hit and there are multiple consequences such as the wage gap among black men vs. white men.

Hear me out...don't shut down your mind after reading this next part:

The points you bring up are why we need Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, and free contraceptives. Many of the problems the black community faces (the primary one being: breaking the cycle of poverty) can be addressed by those 3 key items.

darthgoober

Putinbot1
Originally posted by dadudemon
You're not wrong. I posted about this before with quite a bit of research to back it up. Black men had better wage parity to white men in 1910 than they do now. For all the Social Justice (actual social justice, I mean this in a good way) progress we have made, it does appear that black families took a hard hit and there are multiple consequences such as the wage gap among black men vs. white men.

The points you bring up are why we need Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, and free contraceptives. Many of the problems the black community faces (the primary one being: breaking the cycle of poverty) can be addressed by those 3 key items. Safety nets like you talk about are basic human rights in my opinion. I don't disagree with any of these solutions, I'd actually go further but fair play.

BackFire

The points you bring up are why we need Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, and free contraceptives. Many of the problems the black community faces (the primary one being: breaking the cycle of poverty) can be addressed by those 3 key items.

But muh bootstraps.

Surtur
Stop making this a pissing match with Surtur.

Black American Culture IS the problem. I've posted about this before with actual research that showed Sub-Saharan African (black people) immigrants get into less trouble than almost any race demographic in the US. Clearly, it is not a race issue. You cannot be intellectually honest and also say "black people are naturally criminals compared to other races." The evidence points to a culture issue. And as I put in the OP, it's also a socio-economic issue.

Surtur is right about this. To say Sutur is wrong is to ignore the fact that tens of thousands of black immigrants are damn good Citizens and Aliens. Sometimes, it's harmful to the minorities you intend to help by ignoring the issues those minorities face. A toxic culture is one of the many issues black Americans face and people in and out of the black community have been working decades to try and get rid of that toxicity.

thumb up

Robtard

That's for the input and far enough on the 'war on drugs' angle.

Poverty has a lot to do with crime, especially certain crimes like theft, robbery and violence; especially gang violence.

Robtard

Thank you.

Surtur
Care to explain how what I said was alt right?

Emperordmb

Surtur

Robtard
Care to explain how what I said was alt right?
Go back and read your comment without your white hood on, m8

Emperordmb
Weren't they worried communists had infiltrated them or something? Lol.
Iirc it was about the Vietnam war

Hippies were anti-war, and blacks were just antinixon

Surtur
Go back and read your comment without your white hood on, m8

So saying one solution might be increased sex ed and access to condoms, as well as better education in general...is now racist? Okay Rob.

Surtur
Iirc it was about the Vietnam war

Hippies were anti-war, and blacks were just antinixon

Yeah but Vietnam was about a fear of communism spreading and, I think, they felt that these anti war groups had communists in them. I remember hearing about it in some documentary.

Emperordmb

Emperordmb

Surtur
Yeah they were super paranoid.

Emperordmb

Robtard
So saying one solution might be increased sex ed and access to condoms, as well as better education in general...is now racist? Okay Rob.

No, that's fine and dandy and safe. Your flirting-ly implying of "less black babies" though, that's something someone like Richard Spencer would cream his undies over.

Why I said your Alt-Right was "peeking" and not full blown showing.

Surtur
No, that's fine and dandy and safe. Your flirting-ly implying of "less black babies" though, that's something someone like Richard Spencer would cream his undies over.

It was more about "less abortion" since there is a high number of abortions in the black community as well. Increased sex ed plus access to condoms might help.

Emperordmb

Surtur

Robtard
It was more about "less abortion" since there is a high number of abortions in the black community as well. Increased sex ed plus access to condoms might help.

Interesting plot twist. How are less abortions going to fix (or lend to) the "black culture" problem?

Emperordmb

Robtard

Emperordmb
My bad I misread that as you quoting me for some reason.

BackFire
Because deep down you know you're racist and your paranoia got the better of you.

Surtur
Interesting plot twist. How are less abortions going to fix (or lend to) the "black culture" problem?

It's no plot twist, you're just a little weasel too stupid to understand what the alt right is lol. You consistently apply the label when it isn't applicable.

I never said abortions would solely fix the problem, I think it will help. Abortions cost money and the psychological impact of having one can also impact how a person lives their life. How big of an impact would this solution truly have? Who knows.

If you disagree? Neat! Opinion noted.

Surtur

Adam_PoE

I would cream his undies. Richard Spencer just needs a good dick-down.

I know I say this every time his name is mentioned, but I want it on the record that when he is outed as gay, that I called it.

I mean, how can you not tell he is gay? He has gayface for one, and have you heard his voice?

It is some Liberace shit that he is gay and nobody notices it.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
I would cream his undies. Richard Spencer just needs a good dick-down.

I know I say this every time his name is mentioned, but I want it on the record that when he is outed as gay, that I called it.

I mean, how can you not tell he is gay? He has gayface for one, and have you heard his voice?

It is some Liberace shit that he is gay and nobody notices it.

This was not the type of post I was expecting when I jumped to the last page of this thread, but I wish you luck in your quest. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.