Mace Windu vs Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Meatpants
Not sure what the gist here on the forum is regarding these two, interested in knowing. Consider neutral ground, both are baseline RotS incarnations.

1. Sabers
2. Force
3. All-out

Now, from a purely movie perspective, Windu > Dooku because IIRC Windu is a tier 8 that borders on being a 9, AND if you interpret the Windu vs Sidious scene as him legitimately disarming Sidious in a fair fight with no outside influences (i.e. only the movie itself), than Windu is clearly > Dooku. Introducing Legends adds a lot more content, and I'm not sure yet about my overall opinion. Thoughts?

Darth Thor
As of ROTS my powerscale would look like this:

Sidious = Yoda >/= Windu >/= Skywalker > Dooku.

I dont think much changes between Legends and Lucas canon there. Except that Windu earns his placement via Vapaad.

Meatpants
Skywalker beating Dooku wasn't an entirely neutral fight to be fair, there was outside influence. Unless you want to argue that Anakin would eventually get angry on his own anyway.

Darth Thor
Been around in circles on this with Freedon and Realist already. But TCW makes it clear Skywalker was already on par with Dooku late into TCW.

And yes even the script and novel both confirm Skywalker kept getting stronger as he got madder. So all you are really arguing is Dooku =/> Base Anakin. Whilst you seem to agree Angry Anakin > Dooku.

Meatpants
I basically already agreed with that, just decided to assess your line of reasoning.

Darth Thor
Fair enough.

Bentley
If Dooku wasn't holding back from the battle there is no telling if Anakin would've gotten the amp rage that got him the win before being put down.

Not sure if I'd rate Windu above angry Anakin either.

Meatpants
Angry Anakin is basically > everyone in RotS except Sidious and Yoda.

Jaggarath
Windu stomps.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Bentley
If Dooku wasn't holding back from the battle there is no telling if Anakin would've gotten the amp rage that got him the win before being put down.

Except theyve fought plenty of times before. So we know Dooku wasnt going to make short work out of Skywalker or anything. And Anakin was getting stronger anyway as Dooku was getting tired.

As for the holding back, he stopped holding back and replenished his Force reserves, so that would have made little difference.

Originally posted by Bentley

Not sure if I'd rate Windu above angry Anakin either.

Well I did say =/>

So approx on par but with edge to Mace.

Reason being Anakins Anger would likely fuel Maces Vapaad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.