Starro the Conqueror vs. Rogol Zaar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

victreebelvictr
AXE GUY VS. AX GUY!

I love it.

StiltmanFTW
Rogol eats him and shits out this thing:

https://tinyurl.com/y8ygpke7

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Rogol eats him and shits out this thing:

https://tinyurl.com/y8ygpke7 You turned that against me... sad

Jerk...

victreebelvictr

Stoic
Zaar wins.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Stoic
Zaar wins. How so?

Stoic
So far he's proven that he's pretty much unstoppable. I wouldn't be surprised if he was an evolved version of Doomsday. So let's recap. He easily ragdolled Zod, made an entire legion of Tamaraneans retreat out of fear, utterly crushed the Nuclear Man, and took Superman's best punches like they were love taps. If that doesn't reek of pure badassery, I don't know what else to say other than every alien race in the universe seems to respect him to the degree that Marvel's universe respects and fears Thanos.

victreebelvictr

Stoic

victreebelvictr

Flyattractor
Going to vote for Starro cause he aint a crappy Bendis Creation.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Going to vote for Starro cause he aint a crappy Bendis Creation. You are officially my bud. wink

Flyattractor
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
You are officially my bud. wink

That just got you put on a LIST!!!!!!!

stick out tongue

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Flyattractor
That just got you put on a LIST!!!!!!!

stick out tongue You to. stick out tongue

Flyattractor
Oh No.. I am THE REASON for the LIST!!!!!!!!!

Muwahahaah!

Stoic

victreebelvictr
What if he is? Stick with what what you know. What I know, is if this became physical, Rogol wins. His mind may be as tough as his body. If not it's obvious that he loses. So you are saying that his mind is strong due to his physical attributes?

I am not sure if that applies, if that was the case, then Hulk might as well be resistant to TP! laughing

DarkSaint85
That has just opened the floodgates lol.

Bentley
Conquerors just win.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Bentley
Conquerors just win. Kang included. wink

Stoic
So you are saying that his mind is strong due to his physical attributes?

I am not sure if that applies, if that was the case, then Hulk might as well be resistant to TP! laughing

Okay. Let's go back to my previous post. Yes the one just before this one, and find where it was that I made that statement. In other words we have no idea what he is weak to. Can Starro the Conqueror defeat any version of Doomsday? Rogol may be several times more powerful than DOS Doomsday, based on his or their showings against Superman. So like I said let's stick to what we know, or I will. In my opinion, and at this point from what I've read, Rogol beats the shit out of Starro on a physical level.

victreebelvictr

Stoic

victreebelvictr

Stoic

victreebelvictr

DarkSaint85
Pre 52, Doomsday was controlled by Brainiac. I think Dr Psycho did as well.

Bentley
Doomsday has been mindcontrolled a bunch lol

Also the logic of "he seems unstoppable, he obviously can't be mindcontrolled" is not how debating works.

Rogol gets mind phucked and conquered until he shows some feats that give him resistance above someone who defeated Despero in the mind game.

cdtm
Brainiac wore him like a suit.

At least until he adapted past it. Eventually.

Philosophía
Starro TPs him, for now.

victreebelvictr
Good game Stoic, it was fun. wink

One Big Mob
Did they ever go into detail about that Starro bodymod he had going on?

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Did they ever go into detail about that Starro bodymod he had going on? You mean his Warlord looking form?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by cdtm
Brainiac wore him like a suit.

At least until he adapted past it. Eventually.

And he didn't here:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/31666/778667-dr_psycho_doomsday.jpg

Philosophía
Everything past Imperiex War is not the original Doomsday.

DarkSaint85

Philosophía
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Is that the storyline where Manchester Black messed with Doomsday? Yes, he made him see the Imperiex Probes as Superman.
http://i.imgur.com/iw3YLKj.jpg

DarkSaint85

Philosophía
https://media.giphy.com/media/fZLI3xOXymy9W/giphy.gif

Stoic
Doomsday has been mindcontrolled a bunch lol

Also the logic of "he seems unstoppable, he obviously can't be mindcontrolled" is not how debating works.

Rogol gets mind phucked and conquered until he shows some feats that give him resistance above someone who defeated Despero in the mind game.

Stfu and prove it. You're a silly guy.

victreebelvictr
Stfu and prove it. You're a silly guy. Well, someone is a Sociopath. 0_0

cdtm

Not how it works.

If it were, one can argue invincibility against any power they never experienced.

"Spidey was never set on fire before, therefore I say Firelords cosmic sun attacks would not harm him."

victreebelvictr
Not how it works.

If it were, one can argue invincibility against any power they never experienced.

"Spidey was never set on fire before, therefore I say Firelords cosmic sun attacks would not harm him." I AM SO DAMN HAPPY!

LordofBrooklyn
Victree challenge Stoic to a Battlezone!

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Victree challenge Stoic to a Battlezone! Nah, the 14 ear old already locked his ass. wink

LordofBrooklyn
Nah, the 14 ear old already locked his ass. wink

Stoic, will you accept this insult?

victreebelvictr
Shit I meant Kicked! laughing

Bentley

You are not acquinted to the concept of the infinity fallacy. Nothing on Rogol's powerset suggest he has high end TP resistance, even if we assumed he'd be somewhat able to shrug off a basic mind attack (out of generosity) Starro mindcontrolled a whole galaxy. Rogol's brain is out of his depth.

Being able to shrug off a galactic telepath is not a small feat, that by itself puts the burden of proof on you.

DarkSaint85
Starro controls NINE galaxies. And not only controls; they all amp him:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/2637383-1301820_starro_super.jpg

Bentley
I knew it was more than one Galaxy but I didn't remember the exact number so I left it at galactic level stick out tongue

Man, I need to buy that arc, Starro is boss.

victreebelvictr
I knew it was more than one Galaxy but I didn't remember the exact number so I left it at galactic level stick out tongue

Man, I need to buy that arc, Starro is boss. You should! thumb up

Lumine
thumb up

victreebelvictr
Who thinks I shou.d challenge Stoic to a Battlezone?! big grin

StiltmanFTW
Challenge him.

I'll watch and masturbate.

victreebelvictr

StiltmanFTW
You know what that means... thumb up

victreebelvictr

StiltmanFTW
http://i.imgur.com/8svJG.gif

LordofBrooklyn
Who thinks I shou.d challenge Stoic to a Battlezone?! big grin

Do it!

Both your and Starro's honor is on the line!

victreebelvictr
Do it!

Both your and Starro's honor is on the line! I will do it if you get Stoic to agree. wink

LordofBrooklyn
I will do it if you get Stoic to agree. wink

The protocol is for you to challenge him OPENLY!

Make a thread titled.

Starro The Conqueror vs Rogol Zaar Battlezone challenge.

Then in your first post challenge Stoic.

victreebelvictr

Make a thread titled.

Then in your first post challenge Stoic. Why don't you set it up, I am not familiar with this. erm

StiltmanFTW
LoB, be his Gepetto and do it.

LordofBrooklyn
Why don't you set it up, I am not familiar with this. erm

Instructions

1. Hit the NEW TOPIC button.

2. Title the new topic Starro The Conqueror vs Rogol Zaar Battlezone challenge.

3. In your first post type Stoic, I challenge you to a Battlezone!

That is it.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
LoB, be his Gepetto and do it.

Philosophía
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnlawfulThatAnkolewatusi.webp

Chapter I:

Does Rogol have TP resistance feats on this level?

No.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FAPaGGeB7D1LfIA/giphy.gif

StiltmanFTW
Can't wait thumb up

cdtm

victreebelvictr

cdtm
He may not be stupid, but he does have an established death wish. Vril Dox's boy noticed it against the Black Lanterns.

If he's willing to risk his life against a regenerating foe he can't defeat, it stands to reason he'd take the physical fight as far as it will go, whatever the outcome.

victreebelvictr

cdtm
He also never used it after. Could have ended that group fight right away, and never given Dox a shot at poisoning his Starro.

victreebelvictr

NemeBro
If this BZ actually happens I would be willing to judge. thumb up

cdtm
I wouldn't bz V over it, I'm not that salty about pushing an opinion. laughing out loud

NemeBro
victr challenged Stoic my man.

LordofBrooklyn
I wouldn't bz V over it, I'm not that salty about pushing an opinion. laughing out loud

SILENCE!!!

Stoic

Make a thread titled.

Then in your first post challenge Stoic.

No one can make any hard claims outside of what has been seen so far with Rogol, and yet he's going to be possessed by Starro because Bentley knows more about the character than what has been written to this very day. IOW, let's all fall back and see what happens instead of making silly claims.

LordofBrooklyn
No one can make any hard claims outside of what has been seen so far with Rogol, and yet he's going to be possessed by Starro because Bentley knows more about the character than what has been written to this very day. IOW, let's all fall back and see what happens instead of making silly claims.

BAH!

GAMMITE, I CALL YOU COWARD!!!!

Bentley

Oh, I'll battlezone you on this too if you think my position is so unreasonable darling erm

I've done respect threads for villains in the past, if you are going to wait until Rogol displays galactic level psychic resistance you will be waiting for a long long time. Needless to say, my "hard claims" have basis on actual comic showings, yours are made of speculation, hopeful wishes and air.

Philosophía
I'll judge, too thumb up

Stoic
Oh, I'll battlezone you on this too if you think my position is so unreasonable darling erm

I've done respect threads for villains in the past, if you are going to wait until Rogol displays galactic level psychic resistance you will be waiting for a long long time. Needless to say, my "hard claims" have basis on actual comic showings, yours are made of speculation, hopeful wishes and air.

Did I make any strong claims aside from what would happen in a physical confrontation between these two? Okay. Now do we know what Rogol can or can't resist? He may be immune to TP, and magical attacks. We don't know, so in the meantime until we find out more about him maybe you should relax killer.

victreebelvictr

Stoic

Bentley
Did I make any strong claims aside from what would happen in a physical confrontation between these two? Okay. Now do we know what Rogol can or can't resist? He may be immune to TP, and magical attacks. We don't know, so in the meantime until we find out more about him maybe you should relax killer.

Just admit that up to this point we have no reason to think he has inmunity to telepathy and we are good thumb up

victreebelvictr
So far he's proven that he's pretty much unstoppable. I wouldn't be surprised if he was an evolved version of Doomsday. So let's recap. He easily ragdolled Zod, made an entire legion of Tamaraneans retreat out of fear, utterly crushed the Nuclear Man, and took Superman's best punches like they were love taps. If that doesn't reek of pure badassery, I don't know what else to say other than every alien race in the universe seems to respect him to the degree that Marvel's universe respects and fears Thanos. Sounds pretty one-sided. erm

DarkSaint85
Starro hasn't been physically beaten yet by Rogol.

I think he's immune to Rogol's fists.

victreebelvictr

I think he's immune to Rogol's fists. laughing

Stoic
Just admit that up to this point we have no reason to think he has inmunity to telepathy and we are good thumb up

You're actually giving yourself a thumbs up, without having one shred of evidence to support your weak stance? Bentley stop while you're ahead. There is no proof on either side. This very subject is premature at this point in time. Not sure why that isn't penetrating the crust of your skull?

Sounds pretty one-sided. erm

Has Starro shown super combat speed? Rogol has. This fight may be a wash before it even begins under that light. If Starro has the speed of the Thing from the FF, Rogol would simply turn him into a statue. Now take NOTE, not once did I make any claims that he was immune to TP, I don't have proof on either side. Geee but isn't that what I've been saying all along? Perhap you've selectively made out that I said something else?

I think he's immune to Rogol's fists.

Any proof or are you back to the immature prankish bullshit that you're famous for?

NemeBro
You implied that Rogol would only fall to TP if he had a specific weakness to it like, per your words, Juggernaut (which to my knowledge isn't even really true, he just isn't invulnerable to TP like he is to most physical harm):

What if Zaar was immune to that approach? I can't write what I don't know, but Rogol doesn't appear to be weak in any physical trait, and we can't assume that he's a carbon copy of the Juggernaut and decide to impose his weaknesses onto Rogol.

You seem to be assuming that "TP resistance" is some binary number, 0 if you are weak to it, 1 if you're immune. When in reality it depends on the strength of the telepath.

And Starro is an extremely strong telepath, while Rogol Zaar's resistance isn't tested. It would not be right to grant him outright immunity against Starro's TP or discount it as a factor just because he has no feats against it.

StiltmanFTW
Rogol will punch through Starro's telepathy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stoic
Originally posted by NemeBro
You implied that Rogol would only fall to TP if he had a specific weakness to it like, per your words, Juggernaut (which to my knowledge isn't even really true, he just isn't invulnerable to TP like he is to most physical harm):

You seem to be assuming that "TP resistance" is some binary number, 0 if you are weak to it, 1 if you're immune. When in reality it depends on the strength of the telepath.

And Starro is an extremely strong telepath, while Rogol Zaar's resistance isn't tested. It would not be right to grant him outright immunity against Starro's TP or discount it as a factor just because he has no feats against it.

No. I said that there is no proof on either side. I also... Actually this entire subject has wasted enough time. You can read all of my comments so we can skip going in circles.

victreebelvictr
No. I said that there is no proof on either side. I also... Actually this entire subject has wasted enough time. You can read all of my comments so we can skip going in circles. I accept your concession buddy. big grin

DarkSaint85

Any proof or are you back to the immature prankish bullshit that you're famous for?

No, I will freely admit I have no proof EITHER WAY. Until it happens, I will say that Starro has not shown that Rogols fists would affect him.

Bentley
You're actually giving yourself a thumbs up, without having one shred of evidence to support your weak stance? Bentley stop while you're ahead. There is no proof on either side. This very subject is premature at this point in time. Not sure why that isn't penetrating the crust of your skull?

I was giving you the thumbs up.

Now can you not dodge my question?

Do we have any reason to believe Rogol is inmune to telepathy yes or no?

Stoic

We have as much reason to believe that his as we have to believe that he isn't. That is what I have been saying this entire time. I have not once made a strong claim that he isn't, just that he may be, which leaves us with nothing but what we do know. We know that Rogol could punch him with planetary level strength several dozen times per second, because he has super speed to match Superman and Zod which was seen in his latest showing. This brings us back the physical domination that Rogol has exhibited against everyone that he has faced, and why he has far flung races that exist across the universe fearing him.

We don't know his resistance to anything outside of being one he'll of a tank. So no Bentley, we can't assume anything on either side. Starro may not be able to possess him. I said this already. Why can't you just go back and read my posts on it? It's bot about being right at this point, it's about finding credible evidence to support any hard stance outside of what has been shown . So far we have none. But, that does not mean that he can't resist or be immune to possession . What if his axe made him immune? This thread is too early to be discussed.

Bentley
We have as much reason to believe that his as we have to believe that he isn't.

We don't have proof for either case, that much is true thumb up

But there are plenty of reasons not to assume a character is night inmune to telepathy. Do you agree?

Philosophía
I feel I'm saying this a lot lately, but this is not how debating works.

Bentley doesn't have to prove he doesn't have telepathy resistance. The burden of proof is on the other side to prove that he has , not only telepathic resistance, but multi-galactical telepathy resistance.

Absence of proof doesn't mean telepathy itself is ignored, just because it's up in the air. It's a valid tactic until there's counter-arguments.

DarkSaint85
Basically I think Rogol would defeat the InBetweener and Molecule Man combined, as he would be immune to reality warping.

cdtm

None at all.

If Starro uses TP, Rogol loses.

But people are so invested in if he could use it to win, they'd ignoring the question of WOULD he use it to win.

This is a character who not only exclusively used physical attacks, but kept fighting invincible Black Lanterns to the point that Dox's son assumed he had a death wish. That means Starro would have kept fighting, until they overwhelmed him.

That does not sound like a character who would resort to an easy win. Or even a fall back plan, if physical attacks weren't cutting it.

victreebelvictr
None at all.

If Starro uses TP, Rogol loses.

But people are so invested in if he could use it to win, they'd ignoring the question of WOULD he use it to win.

This is a character who not only exclusively used physical attacks, but kept fighting invincible Black Lanterns to the point that Dox's son assumed he had a death wish. That means Starro would have kept fighting, until they overwhelmed him.

That does not sound like a character who would resort to an easy win. Or even a fall back plan, if physical attacks weren't cutting it. Then why did he attack Despero with TP? erm

Bentley
Then why did he attack Despero with TP? erm

Despero was the one to engage into a telepathic contest.

So cdtm thinks a character that mind-controls several galaxies doesn't use his telepathy? Should we point out he's using an example of enemies where that strategy wouldn't work and that they were unable to hurt him in any way that mattered? Starro played with the Black Lanterns and with Despero, he was at no serious danger in either of those situations. The fact he exerts control over several galaxies suggests he doesn't refrain that much from it either.

cdtm
There's also a difference between conquest to add to his power, and personal challenge.

As he said to Despero, "Your achievements are worthy."

He could have shut him down immediately, like he did his flunkies. Instead, he chose to engage him in personal combat, and take his head.

As for the Black Lanterns, they've been a major threat to Spectre. To Superboy Prime. Starro is powerful, yes, but to toy with beings that were going through the universe like a hot knife through butter is the definition of insanity.

What would he have done, if allowed to continue his game? Retreated? Because he couldn't win, ever.

DarkSaint85
So your argument is that Starro will fight with all the weapons at his disposal when adding to his power, but not when he's being beaten to death?

victreebelvictr
There's also a difference between conquest to add to his power, and personal challenge.

As he said to Despero, "Your achievements are worthy."

He could have shut him down immediately, like he did his flunkies. Instead, he chose to engage him in personal combat, and take his head.

As for the Black Lanterns, they've been a major threat to Spectre. To Superboy Prime. Starro is powerful, yes, but to toy with beings that were going through the universe like a hot knife through butter is the definition of insanity.

What would he have done, if allowed to continue his game? Retreated? Because he couldn't win, ever. Starro is much smarter than that. erm

cdtm
So your argument is that Starro will fight with all the weapons at his disposal when adding to his power, but not when he's being beaten to death?

All signs point to, yes.

I believe if left to his own devices, the Black Lanterns would have torn him apart, eventually. Just like they were doing to Superboy Prime.

DarkSaint85
Cool.

OP, please clarify why these two are fighting smile

cdtm
Adding: The signs being: Starro has a hubris. He enjoys picking the strongest beings he can find, and playing with them.

Ask yourself this: How smart is it to kill Despero? He could have added him to his forces. Instead, he battled to the death.

That's Son Goku level shite. Goku uses all his devices, except when he doesn't want to, because fighting to the bitter end amuses him. Even when he's losing, he's having a blast.

I think Starro has the same hubris. Maybe he'd chicken out and resort to to an "I win" button, if being beaten to death. Generally, characters with his type of hubris would LOVE to meet someone so powerful, they're being beaten to death.

Kind of like One Punch Man's deal.

victreebelvictr

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.