Russsian disinformation teams targeted Mueller

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1

quanchi112
The trumpcucks will ignore this and tell us about how they feel.

BrolyBlack

Putinbot1
Originally posted by quanchi112
The trumpcucks will ignore this and tell us about how they feel. B-but Russian trolls haven't done anything Quan... It was Obama or Hilary, the Russian trolls said and so did Russian troll influenced YouTube pundits.

dadudemon
"I SUPPORT AMERICAN LAW ENFORCEMENT"

Scusami?

Any other examples? The entire American Government has been dismantled because of stuff like that, right?

I'm reading "very marginally dividing some Americans who already have biases" at best.

The article you quoted is very heavy on accusations and going to great lengths to create hysteria around "Russians" but there's very little substance about what exactly is so terrible about what the Russians did.

I'm to believe that the Russians destroyed the integrity of Mueller and his investigation with some tweets. Which is absurd. Insane to believe something like that. It's near-retarded levels of an idea. "That's it, boys, time to pack up the investigation because some Russians tweeted that I have a slight bias because of past evidence." Then the Russians quietly pump their fists in triumph like Raphael did when he was hiding behind the mannequins after he got all the bells off the mannequin for Keno in Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze. (lol)

Hey, if we are concerned about the dishonesty manipulation of information and a clear bias being presented, we should probably take down places like CNN and MSNBC. Unlike some tweets that mean nothing, the left controls Hollywood and almost all Main Stream Media: information networks that actually do have tangible influence on the electorate. This whole "Russian Propaganda" thing feels like a red herring. They're doing nothing they are influencing no one, and the powerful leftist elites are laughing at moderates and lefties eating up these stupid news stories about Russian Propaganda.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Putinbot1
B-but Russian trolls haven't done anything Quan... It was Obama or Hilary, the Russian trolls said and so did Russian troll influenced YouTube pundits. You are right Putin is a great guy and Donald does not look guilty at all. I trust these guys.

Putinbot1
You are right Putin is a great guy and Donald does not look guilty at all. I trust these guys. What fools we were Quan for thinking Putin has anything but the best interests of America in mind.

quanchi112
What fools we were Quan for thinking Putin has anything but the best interests of America in mind. Proudly beats chest and blindly trusts the Russians. They are my friends screw you guys for thnking anything nefarious is going on.

Putinbot1
Proudly beats chest and blindly trusts the Russians. They are my friends screw you guys for thnking anything nefarious is going on. Because propaganda and advertising never influences anyone. Coke and Pepsi would never spend a dime on it, people can't be influenced.

quanchi112
Because propaganda and advertising never influences anyone. Coke and Pepsi would never spend a dime on it, people can't be influenced. You are right and I hope you have a lot of Russian in your dna. That way I will trust you forever. No questions will ever be asked.

Putinbot1
You are right and I hope you have a lot of Russian in your dna. That way I will trust you forever. No questions will ever be asked. sadly none I know of, Irish Scottish, English, French and German are all I have that I know of. I must be untrustworthy. Damn I need a Blood transfusion from a Russian to give me some Russian cells temporarily.

quanchi112
sadly none I know of, Irish Scottish, English, French and German are all I have that I know of. I must be untrustworthy. Damn I need a Blood transfusion from a Russian to give me some Russian cells temporarily. **** sorry but I only blindly trust the Russians. They love fb how bad can they be?

Putinbot1
**** sorry but I only blindly trust the Russians. They love fb how bad can they be? laughing I will change my name to Putinbotsky.

quanchi112
laughing I will change my name to Putinbotsky. And I am known as Quanchisky112sky.

Russia 4life.

Putinbot1
And I am known as Quanchisky112sky.

Russia 4life. thumb up Tovarich pas me the vodka and potatoes.

quanchi112
Ivan Drago was the hero of Rocky 4. Soviet Union was so damn powerful.

Putinbot1
Ivan Drago was the hero of Rocky 4. Soviet Union was so damn powerful. But if he can change, then people can change people's minds.

quanchi112
But if he can change, then people can change people's minds. What a great message when we befriend the Russians. Trump would agree.

Putinbot1
What a great message when we befriend the Russians. Trump would agree. Because the Kremlin are our friends they would never hurt us. Anything else is fake news.

quanchi112
Because the Kremlin are our friends they would never hurt us. Anything else is fake news. I trust not American bias only Russian messages. Thank heavens trump was sent here to bridge the gap to this wonderful nation.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
"I SUPPORT AMERICAN LAW ENFORCEMENT"

Scusami?

Any other examples? The entire American Government has been dismantled because of stuff like that, right?

I'm reading "very marginally dividing some Americans who already have biases" at best.

The article you quoted is very heavy on accusations and going to great lengths to create hysteria around "Russians" but there's very little substance about what exactly is so terrible about what the Russians did.

I'm to believe that the Russians destroyed the integrity of Mueller and his investigation with some tweets. Which is absurd. Insane to believe something like that. It's near-retarded levels of an idea. "That's it, boys, time to pack up the investigation because some Russians tweeted that I have a slight bias because of past evidence." Then the Russians quietly pump their fists in triumph like Raphael did when he was hiding behind the mannequins after he got all the bells off the mannequin for Keno in Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze. (lol)

Hey, if we are concerned about the dishonesty manipulation of information and a clear bias being presented, we should probably take down places like CNN and MSNBC. Unlike some tweets that mean nothing, the left controls Hollywood and almost all Main Stream Media: information networks that actually do have tangible influence on the electorate. This whole "Russian Propaganda" thing feels like a red herring. They're doing nothing they are influencing no one, and the powerful leftist elites are laughing at moderates and lefties eating up these stupid news stories about Russian Propaganda.

Bingo.

It's also hilarious that people whined "Trumpcucks" would ignore the topic, and then went on to ignore your valid points and instead proceeded in a back and forth jerk session with another poster. That shit is hilarious and they are too stupid to see it.

quanchi112
No evidence to see people. Alt facts.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur
Bingo.

It's also hilarious that people whined "Trumpcucks" would ignore the topic, and then went on to ignore your valid points and instead proceeded in a back and forth jerk session with another poster. That shit is hilarious and they are too stupid to see it. Edit into a self trigger. Oh Reek.

Surtur
http://votersopinion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Extreme-Irony.gif

quanchi112
http://votersopinion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Extreme-Irony.gif Your post was highly ironic. I agree.

Flyattractor
TrollChi and his Loony Left Delusional Fantasy
land.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
TrollChi and his Loony Left Delusional Fantasy
land. Facts dp not matter to you. Feelings do.

Flyattractor
Facts dp not matter to you. Feelings do.

Apparently neither do Spelling Checks.

eek!

quanchi112

eek! So you do spell checks? What a nerd.

Flyattractor
So you do spell checks? What a nerd.

Nice to see you ADMIT that an EDUCATION is not something you Value.

Explains SO MUCH!

Surtur

eek!

They are so mad that people aren't gonna join in with their hysteria over Russia. Look at the passive aggressive comments lobbed back and forth on the previous page lol. Quan and Putin are salty as f*ck over this and it is glorious.

Flyattractor
Yes. Normal Sane People that know Anything about History knows is that the Russians have almost NEVER been a trustworthy nation since like...EVERY!!!!!

quanchi112
Nice to see you ADMIT that an EDUCATION is not something you Value.

Explains SO MUCH! On a public message board I do not spell check. You might think a spelllcheck means education I think it is not a big priority here. I know how to spell which is more about education than running spell checks, dummy.

quanchi112
They are so mad that people aren't gonna join in with their hysteria over Russia. Look at the passive aggressive comments lobbed back and forth on the previous page lol. Quan and Putin are salty as f*ck over this and it is glorious. Mocking you just means we love making fun. You clearly are hurt as is fly hence your responses.

Surtur
Yes. Normal Sane People that know Anything about History knows is that the Russians have almost NEVER been a trustworthy nation since like...EVERY!!!!!

And DDM is correct: if it's wrong for Russians to spread propaganda it's certainly wrong for places like CNN to spread their propaganda.

Anyone disagreeing is essentially saying "only Americans are allowed to manipulate and lie to other Americans!" which is quite insane.

quanchi112
And DDM is correct: if it's wrong for Russians to spread propaganda it's certainly wrong for places like CNN to spread their propaganda.

Anyone disagreeing is essentially saying "only Americans are allowed to manipulate and lie to other Americans!" which is quite insane. Cnn bases it off facts. Trump does not. Fox News does not. Sorry, kid.

Surtur
https://i.imgur.com/7v7QUmf.png

quanchi112
Pics are for the limited of intellect. Concession accepted.

Robtard

Adam_PoE
Ivan Drago was the hero of Rocky 4. Soviet Union was so damn powerful.

Only he was played by a Swede with a genius intellect, who speaks 7 languages, has an M.S. in Chemical Engineering, and is a 3rd-degree black belt in Karate. Oh, and he is 6'5". **** Russians, and get a taste of his Scandinavian greatness.

Bashar Teg
The trumpcucks will ignore this and tell us about how they feel.

every time

Flyattractor
Nah. Lets Derail it into how the Clinton Crime Foundation is also being put back on the being investigated table.

snowdragon
I'm sure it's a hyper-successful campaign. Most of the Trump voters don't even use social media sources for news, that is young democrat area.

Surtur
Nah. Lets Derail it into how the Clinton Crime Foundation is also being put back on the being investigated table.

Still gotta love how some of the leftists act in this thread though lol.

"Trumpcucks are just gonna ignore this!"

*Someone comes in and makes more than one valid point*

"Let's ignore that and get back to huffing each others emissions"

Surtur
Originally posted by snowdragon
I'm sure it's a hyper-successful campaign. Most of the Trump voters don't even use social media sources for news, that is young democrat area.

Russia is also responsible for all these salad recalls. Their evil truly knows no bounds.

Robtard
No evidence to see people. Alt facts. Russian meddling comes up:

Do one or more of the three D's. Denial. Deflect. Dilute.

Flyattractor
Russian Meddling doesn't Come Up.

It gets BROUGHT UP.

Cause the Little Lefty Loony's wont' let it go.

Surtur
laughing

quanchi112
I'm sure it's a hyper-successful campaign. Most of the Trump voters don't even use social media sources for news, that is young democrat area. Ignore the facts and pretend, yippee.

Flyattractor
Ignore the facts and pretend, yippee.

Yes. You do that a LOT!

Surtur
Russian Meddling doesn't Come Up.

It gets BROUGHT UP.

Cause the Little Lefty Loony's wont' let it go.

And nobody says the Russians didn't try to meddle. They always have tried to meddle with our elections. What is said is that the Russian campaigns on social media didn't have as big of an impact as some on the left try to claim.

They also don't actually give a shit about Russian meddling lol. Now they care cuz they need a scapegoat for why they lost in 2016. Cuz it could *never* be they lost because of their own failures...it must be evil outside sources that caused it.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Robtard
Russian meddling comes up:

Do one or more of the three D's. Denial. Deflect. Dilute.

That's almost as valuable as a triple derp.

Russia using social media to feed trump knuckleheads has a minimal impact. Their voting demographics just don't use enough social media, fact.

Now disinformation to feed young liberal voters would have a significantly larger impact, fact.

We need more echo chambers complaining about mother russia!

Flyattractor
Obama meddled Heaviley in the Isreali electins. I don't recall hearing Our Loony Left hear Decry that. Every Gov Does this to each other.

Sad Little Lefties Trying to Cry up a Big River of SJW Tears cause They Lost an ELECTION!.

Such Sad Little Fascist Ass Hats.

quanchi112
Yes. You do that a LOT! More Fox News for you. It is not a wonder why you are not successful and are a loser.

quanchi112

Russia using social media to feed trump knuckleheads has a minimal impact. Their voting demographics just don't use enough social media, fact.

Now disinformation to feed young liberal voters would have a significantly larger impact, fact.

We need more echo chambers complaining about mother russia! So the facts do not matter because you say so. Feelings in all their glory.

Flyattractor
SO you can't Refute what I said so you have to fall back on insults.

I accept your conceding to ME!

Surtur

We need more echo chambers complaining about mother russia!

thumb up

quanchi112
SO you can't Refute what I said so you have to fall back on insults.

I accept your conceding to ME! He posted his feelings to counter the facts. I ridiculed the feelings based loser as I do to you.

Flyattractor
Says the Guy who does Everything based off of his Loony Lefty Fee Fee's.

Sad Sad Sad.

You already Lost so be quiet.

snowdragon
So the facts do not matter because you say so. Feelings in all their glory.

I don't think you even know what the facts are so I'll throw you a bone which substantiates my facts over your nonsensesmile

Pew Social Media Studies

Oh noze dem facts are stacking up faster than shit from the mother russia whiners.

Surtur

Sad Sad Sad.

You have to enjoy them ranting about people using feelings over facts and then...using feelings over facts lol. The only actual fact here is that Russians used social media to spew propaganda. Any suggestion that these actions had a significant impact on the way people voted is where their fee fee's come into play.

quanchi112
I don't think you even know what the facts are so I'll throw you a bone which substantiates my facts over your nonsensesmile

Pew Social Media Studies

Oh noze dem facts are stacking up faster than shit from the mother russia whiners. So a study far past the Russian meddling on fb for the last presidential election. The study even acknowledge it has an effect so you agree it does matter.

I guess they hauled in the ceo of Facebook for a nothing burger. You are an idiot.

quanchi112

Sad Sad Sad.

Studies all support my claims.

Flyattractor
Truf!

https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.330874609.1324/flat,800x800,070,f.u2.jpg

Surtur

Pew Social Media Studies

Oh noze dem facts are stacking up faster than shit from the mother russia whiners.

B..b..b..but the CEO of Facebook!

Robtard
Quanchi, if you're ever curious how Putin's peepee taste, just ask one of the KMComrades.

quanchi112
Truf!

https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.330874609.1324/flat,800x800,070,f.u2.jpg This applies to you so highly ironic.

Surtur
Quanchi, if you're ever curious how Putin's peepee taste, just ask one of the KMC comrades.

^Yup, this is an actual post Rob made lol.

quanchi112
B..b..b..but the CEO of Facebook! Studies support my position not his. What people see clearly affects people.

quanchi112
^Yup, this is an actual post Rob made lol. You enjoy being mocked, eh?

Robtard

quanchi112

Flyattractor
This applies to you so highly ironic.

Nope. YOu are the King Troll of that Area You telling others to "Get On Topic" just says to me You probably got another Quiet Spanking from the Mods again.

I Lol at that.

Studies support my position not his. What people see clearly affects people.

Only if you put any value in heavily biased and lie filled studies.. then yeah sure.

You enjoy being mocked, eh?

Just admitted to Trolling.

Sad Sad Sad Little Trollchi.

quanchi112
Nope. YOu are the King Troll of that Area You telling others to "Get On Topic" just says to me You probably got another Quiet Spanking from the Mods again.

I Lol at that.

Only if you put any value in heavily biased and lie filled studies.. then yeah sure.

Just admitted to Trolling.

Sad Sad Sad Little Trollchi. More feelings type stuff. Awww fly. You upset today?

Flyattractor
More feelings type stuff. Awww fly. You upset today?

Nope. That is just you not being able to argue any more so you gotta flip back to your Personel Insult Stratergy again.

You Concede to Defeat every time you do it.

snowdragon

Surtur

quanchi112
Nope. That is just you not being able to argue any more so you gotta flip back to your Personel Insult Stratergy again.

Sad Sad Sad Little Trollchi. You are upset, little guy. You are knee deep in your feelings over the facts.

Surtur

Surtur

Lol look how salty they are over this. It's the gift that never stops giving.

Flyattractor
You are upset, little guy. You are knee deep in your feelings over the facts.

Sad Little Tactic of the Losing Lefty.

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Yes Russia did not Influence Quanchi. He Ran out and Sucked that Up all on His own.

quanchi112
Yes Russia did not Influence Quanchi. He Ran out and Sucked that Up all on His own. More nonsense from the feelings guy.

snowdragon
So you concede it did have an impact which is my point.

Russia did not influence me you dummy I did not vote for the retard. Only influenced the idiots and easily led like Surtur and fly. Possibly you too.

Feel free to point out in ANY of my posts in this thread where I said it wouldn't have an impact. My position was that if russia used social media their best bet is to use information that would rile up the left using social media.

So much fail.

quanchi112
Feel free to point out in ANY of my posts in this thread where I said it wouldn't have an impact. My position was that if russia used social media their best bet is to use information that would rile up the left using social media.

So much fail. So you tried to misrepresent what I said in order to attack a false position. Do you think Russia wanted Hillary to win?

Flyattractor
You Mad that He used your Tactics?

quanchi112
You Mad that He used your Tactics? More nonsense from the feelings guy.

Robtard

snowdragon
So you tried to misrepresent what I said in order to attack a false position. Do you think Russia wanted Hillary to win?

This is my position, not about Trump or Hillary just that a more effective campaign on social media would leverage information to young democrats.

A special kind of fun information is that when you read a certain level of ad spend FB will assign you an account manager that will actually create additional campaigns for you and help create ads.

I never misrepresented your position which was an attack on what I said, I just showed that you were wrong in your assessment of facts.

quanchi112

quanchi112

Surtur

quanchi112

snowdragon
It's like your punching yourself in the face telling me how much it hurts me. I spoke to how they campaigned, not that it had zero effect. I criticized their effectiveness, not the results.

And that is called internet winning from the mother russia whiners.

BrolyBlack

quanchi112
It's like your punching yourself in the face telling me how much it hurts me. I spoke to how they campaigned, not that it had zero effect. I criticized their effectiveness, not the results.

And that is called internet winning from the mother russia whiners. I backed my assessment with a source while you pretend it was not effective. Quit with your goal post moving. It mattered and it was to benefit trump. Just leave if you cannot be objective.

Surtur
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Would the Russian dossier be considered election meddling?

They used some foreign spy in order to dig up dirt on a political opponent for the specific purpose of having an impact on the election.

Sounds like meddling.

Robtard
It is so painfully obvious but these morons keep trying to shift the goalposts to the point we are not even on a field anymore.

Bingo.

They also ignore that even if we say social media affects 80% or Liberals and only 20% of Conservatives (not true, just numbers), the topic matter still matters. A pro-Trump/anti-Clinton story is still going to target Conservatives.

quanchi112
Bingo.

They also ignore that even if we say social media affects 80% or Liberals and only 20% of Conservatives (not true, just numbers), the topic matter still matters. A pro-Trump/anti-Clinton story is still going to target Conservatives. I wish the ignorance of stupidity of trumpers was less rampant. They are too dumb sometimes to even reasonably discuss matters with.

Surtur
https://i.imgur.com/hzChx03.jpg

quanchi112
Pics because Surtur is not articulate enough to argue the merits of his position.

Robtard
I wish the ignorance of stupidity of trumpers was less rampant. They are too dumb sometimes to even reasonably discuss matters with.

Though the "Russia actually was helping Clinton with their meddling" isn't a new angle, it's come up before.

snowdragon
I backed my assessment with a source while you pretend it was not effective. Quit with your goal post moving. It mattered and it was to benefit trump. Just leave if you cannot be objective.

Blah blah blah blah blah, I understand you didn't understand my posts and you had a narrative to deliver. That's ok, I typed slowly for you this time.

I never moved the goal posts the posts are:

Russian disinformation teams target Mueller.

My position: It would have a greater impact if said messages were targeting demographics that are young democratic voters. I successfully proved facts to support my position.

Your position: attack me and not what I said (even when facts were provided.)

The only person moving posts here is you. I criticized the tactics, not the results. I also pointed out that FB built campaigns for russia so we should criticize them for facilitating the russia ads.

quanchi112
Though the "Russia actually was helping Clinton with their meddling" isn't a new angle, it's come up before. Wait, so some of these idiots claimed they tried helping Hillary?

Surtur
https://media.giphy.com/media/lycZTOsTpbTMI/giphy.gif

Surtur
Blah blah blah blah blah, I understand you didn't understand my posts and you had a narrative to deliver. That's ok, I typed slowly for you this time.

My position: It would have a greater impact if said messages were targeting demographics that are young democratic voters. I successfully proved facts to support my position.

The only person moving posts here is you. I criticized the tactics, not the results. I also pointed out that FB built campaigns for russia so we should criticize them for facilitating the russia ads.

Owned.

snowdragon
Bingo.

They also ignore that even if we say social media affects 80% or Liberals and only 20% of Conservatives (not true, just numbers), the topic matter still matters. A pro-Trump/anti-Clinton story is still going to target Conservatives.

The topic matters BUT the story to take away from all this is that social media builds silo's that people invest in that facilitate their views (they already have.)

So russia telling a bunch of trump voters (that already don't believe in the investigation) something doesn't change their position!

You only get a win when you get people of opposing views in their silo's to switch perspective otherwise you just preach to the choir.

This is so simple.

Robtard
The topic matters BUT the story to take away from all this is that social media builds silo's that people invest in that facilitate their views (they already have.)

So russia telling a bunch of trump voters (that already don't believe in the investigation) something doesn't change their position!

You only get a win when you get people of opposing views in their silo's to switch perspective otherwise you just preach to the choir.

This is so simple.

Same can be said about a bunch of anti-Trump voters who are solid and unmoving in their positions.

Facts are, your point is an irrelevant distraction. Pro-Trump media is pro-Trump media and it's clearly aimed at helping one man and party. This indeed is simple.

snowdragon
Same can be said about a bunch of anti-Trump voters who are solid and unmoving in their positions.

Facts are, your point is an irrelevant distraction. Pro-Trump media is pro-Trump media and it's clearly aimed at helping one man and party. This indeed is simple.

Listen whine, don't whine, cry or don't cry about the effects of social media the facts of life dictate that if you want to persuade you target the opposite audience of your position otherwise you might as well speak to yourself.

If the position is that a group is feeding trash to a group that already subscribes to said trash it isn't persuading shit.

The fact that media wants to make a case that this is relevant is garbage.

The entire goal of marketing is to persuade people. The actual definition so we have no issue is:

So if trumpers don't need persuasion then why campaign to build up what they already believe is true.?

And full circle, target young democrat voters to have an impact. This is a garbage story for mother russia cry babies.

Robtard
I've already disassembled your talking point; nothing you said changes that.

Mindship
Maybe, additionally, Mueller is the cape-flapping matador holding the bull's attention, while from behind comes the SDNY: the guy with the swords. If so, the Russians might've fallen for this too. Anyone know if they're trying to discredit the SDNY?

Maybe Mueller et al have been executing a brilliant strategy all along. confused

snowdragon
I've already disassembled your talking point; nothing you said changes that.

Another blah blah blah blah post.

I know you need to feed your narrative as well without understanding the issues.

dadudemon

Anyone disagreeing is essentially saying "only Americans are allowed to manipulate and lie to other Americans!" which is quite insane.

thumb up

And that's the crux of it.

The "Russian Scare" has no power. Compared to some of the appalling crap I've seen on CNN, compared to this Russian social media crap, it's not even a thousandth or a millionth as important as the lies and "electorate influence" crap that CNN is trying to pull. It's just a propaganda machine. A terrible disgusting and corrupt propaganda machine.

"Russia is dividing America! They are also trying to influence America voters with tweets!"

Okay, so? It has very little influence. CNN and places like it are at war with Republicans and Trump, right now, trying to destroy an entire political party with propaganda and lies. That's far more damaging and divisive than what Russia can do. Maybe everyone should be looking into every single news organization that is anti-GOP and anti-Trump as potential Russian actors? If you're so concerned about Russia dividing America, go to the source of the biggest divisive power and look for Russian agents and connections.

We had no problem doing this when the GOP came after Obama's corrupt, warmongering, and murderous presidency. We called out the GOP for their BS. So why did we stop now that a fake GOP President is in office?

dadudemon

dadudemon
My stance has always been, "Russia simply does't have the power to meddle in the election with social media posts" because research shows people seek out their confirmation bias anyway. At the very best, what they did was cement the confirmation biases people already had. At worst, they wasted their time and united America against the USSR again.

But, dadudemon, the USSR doesn't exist anymore!

Don't tell that to these leftists morons who are spending an excessive amount of energy trying to vilify "The Russians."

Perhaps too many government contractor organizations have too Democrats on their payroll (but no ammo or fuel to incentivize Democrats) so they are trying to create more international friction with Russia against to reinvigorate the Military Industrial Complex to get that cash flowing again? Seems much more plausible than Russians changing election outcomes with tweets.

Putinbot1
It does amuse me how in new democratic Russia the head of the Soviet KGB is now Uncle Putin.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Mindship
Maybe, additionally, Mueller is the cape-flapping matador holding the bull's attention, while from behind comes the SDNY: the guy with the swords. If so, the Russians might've fallen for this too. Anyone know if they're trying to discredit the SDNY?

Maybe Mueller et al have been executing a brilliant strategy all along. confused

like chess, but yet...beyond chess. hmmmm

quanchi112

The only person moving posts here is you. I criticized the tactics, not the results. I also pointed out that FB built campaigns for russia so we should criticize them for facilitating the russia ads. I just posted a source that showed they targeted ****ing millions you gerbil faced freak. You then said it was not effective bull ****ing shit. Trump got elected. The link shows they attacked and created dissension in Democrats while supporting trump. Lots of Americans use fb, Twitter, etc.

Read the article you mouth breathing sycophant.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Another blah blah blah blah post.

I know you need to feed your narrative as well without understanding the issues. So now everyone else doesnot grasp the nuance of this just you. Swallow nails.

snowdragon
I just posted a source that showed they targeted ****ing millions you gerbil faced freak. You then said it was not effective bull ****ing shit. Trump got elected. The link shows they attacked and created dissension in Democrats while supporting trump. Lots of Americans use fb, Twitter, etc.

Read the article you mouth breathing sycophant.

laughing out loud

You have a really hard time using relevant posts to topics clearly displayed.. I accept your concessions.

quanchi112
You have a really hard time using relevant posts to topics clearly displayed.. I accept your concessions. I shared a source which disagrees with your assessment of the facts. You just pretended no one understood your silly position. You conceded not I.

snowdragon
I shared a source which disagrees with your assessment of the facts. You just pretended no one understood your silly position. You conceded not I.

It's so hard to actually treat you seriously. I made a statement that russia would have been better off targeting young, liberal democrats. That is my position, that's it. You have carried this so far beyond its crazy. Slow your mind, stop talking crazy. You never proved my wrong, ever, grats.

quanchi112
It's so hard to actually treat you seriously. I made a statement that russia would have been better off targeting young, liberal democrats. That is my position, that's it. You have carried this so far beyond its crazy. Slow your mind, stop talking crazy. You never proved my wrong, ever, grats. So you continue to cite your speculative position which is silly. You carry no credibility and just made a baseless prediction. Russia targeted millions and trump got elected. I think they were effective enoughbut cintunue to talk about unprovable conjecture based on the beat of your heart.

Quit trying to downplay Russia it makes you look very stupid. When you read the post put your head down and just log out. Your pride will recover, eventually.

snowdragon
So you continue to cite your speculative position which is silly. You carry no credibility and just made a baseless prediction. Russia targeted millions and trump got elected. I think they were effective enoughbut cintunue to talk about unprovable conjecture based on the beat of your heart.

Quit trying to downplay Russia it makes you look very stupid. When you read the post put your head down and just log out. Your pride will recover, eventually.

My entire conversation was based on pew facts. Your entire conversation was based on ?. Once again you fail to provide anything that detracts from what I said, you fail.

quanchi112
My entire conversation was based on pew facts. Your entire conversation was based on ?. Once again you fail to provide anything that detracts from what I said, you fail. I posted a link which discusses the huge scope and the totality of the Russian interference but you pew pew. Trump won the election I would say based off the facts that was successful. You continue to be the idiot talking to yourself in the corner saying he could have won more votes due to pew pew.

laughing out loud

snowdragon
I posted a link which discusses the huge scope and the totality of the Russian interference but you pew pew. Trump won the election I would say based off the facts that was successful. You continue to be the idiot talking to yourself in the corner saying he could have won more votes due to pew pew.

laughing out loud

I know it's hard but you're wrong, you base that off your feelings. One more time, you're wrong.

quanchi112
I know it's hard but you're wrong, you base that off your feelings. One more time, you're wrong. So did trump win the election or not? Lets assess the facts. If Lebron James scores at a rate of 60 percent and they win by 2 would you scream about the shots he missed and how he could be more effective despite the win.

snowdragon
That is a crazy ass question, yes he won. WTH is wrong with you. I don't watch sports so I can't relate beyond that.

quanchi112
That is a crazy ass question, yes he won. WTH is wrong with you. I don't watch sports so I can't relate beyond that. So they were effective enough to win so WTH is wrong with you. Same analogy but you are too dumb to see it, nerd.

snowdragon
So they were effective enough to win so WTH is wrong with you. Same analogy but you are too dumb to see it, nerd.

GD your f-n dumb. I never said they didn't impact I commented on the HOW. JC you are a slow person.

quanchi112
GD your f-n dumb. I never said they didn't impact I commented on the HOW. JC you are a slow person. So you wasted my time when they helped win a presidential election by arguing they could have won by a larger margin. Pitiful. You are a waste of time. They were effective enough you moron.

dadudemon
I just posted a source that showed they targeted ****ing millions

*Hundreds of millions, potentially.

My post to you right now is technically able to reach billions.

Technically and actual are not the same. That "millions" statement is hyperbole and it's not just misleading, it's an outright lie. Dumbass journalists...

BackFire
Don't sell yourself and your millions of readers short, ddm.

quanchi112
*Hundreds of millions, potentially.

My post to you right now is technically able to reach billions.

Technically and actual are not the same. That "millions" statement is hyperbole and it's not just misleading, it's an outright lie. Dumbass journalists... We cannot compare fb activity and kmc activity. We are lucky to get 500 memebers a year to really view this cesspool.

dadudemon
We cannot compare fb activity and kmc activity. We are lucky to get 500 memebers a year to really view this cesspool.

At one point, KMC was #96 in the world for internet activity. And it stayed around #99 for 2 years shortly after Episode III (I got here after Episode III so I wasn't here at the height of KMC).

smile

But, not, the journalist who wrote that article and listed that millions statement is a dumbass. It's thousands, at the very best.

quanchi112
At one point, KMC was #96 in the world for internet activity. And it stayed around #99 for 2 years shortly after Episode III (I got here after Episode III so I wasn't here at the height of KMC).

smile

But, not, the journalist who wrote that article and listed that millions statement is a dumbass. It's thousands, at the very best. How many Americans do you think have a fb account and use it?

dadudemon
How many Americans do you think have a fb account and use it?

Let's go down the list:

https://www.adweek.com/digital/iab-study-says-26-desktop-users-turn-ad-blockers-172665/

But are advertisements even effective on Facebook?

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/12/647040758/advertising-on-facebook-is-it-worth-it

https://www.ama.org/publications/JournalOfMarketingResearch/Pages/pr-jmr.11.0503.aspx

https://www.nngroup.com/articles/banner-blindness-old-and-new-findings/

Almost no one pays attention to those ads. When they say "millions" in the article, sure, it has the potential. Just like my posts on KMC have the potential. But the actual "consumers" of those ads can number in the thousands, at the very best, assuming they paid for millions of displays of those ads.

And this point, from an actual online advertiser, should end the "Russia used social media ads to affect the election" discussion:

But how many posts did they make? 80,000

However, there is actual evidence that the ads were effective at being "anti-Trump"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/why-russias-facebook-ad-campaign-wasnt-such-a-success/2017/11/03/b8efacca-bffa-11e7-8444-a0d4f04b89eb_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d4f0e1a386b9

quanchi112
Ok in your links unless I missed it I did not see the numbers of people who actively use fb. I see you are trying to really ram your point down but I never said fb is the end all be all. I believe with any advertising it is better to reach a wider audience than a smaller one. That is just common sense but now we come down to the crux of the issue how effective was it? A candidate no one really thought could win was aided by Russian efforts so I would say they got what they wanted. We can argue over percentages but the trump team won and fb reaches a lot of people.

Most people who are manipulated sometimes are so unself aware they probably did not even realize it.

Mindship
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
like chess, but yet...beyond chess. hmmmm Risk?

Putinbot1
People definately pay attention to propaganda and advertising. The key is to create a narrative that taps into an emotion or two and perhaps a fear and or need. People are easy to hack.

Surtur
Yes, Russian Trolls Tried To Influence the 2016 Election. No, They Didn't Win It for Trump.

^For anyone still dumb enough to think this had any significant impact

quanchi112
First no russian interference now it did not matter. Oh the dummies.

Surtur
Nate Silver tweeted out something interesting about it:

"What fraction of overall social media impressions on the 2016 election were generated by Russian troll farms? 0.1%? I'm not sure what the answer is, but suspect it's low, and it says something that none of the reports that hype up the importance of them address that question."

Yeah I'm thinking these reports are being hyped, nobody talks about how effective these campaigns were...the hysteria is over the sheer fact they exist.

dadudemon
Ok in your links unless I missed it I did not see the numbers of people who actively use fb. I see you are trying to really ram your point down but I never said fb is the end all be all. I believe with any advertising it is better to reach a wider audience than a smaller one. That is just common sense but now we come down to the crux of the issue how effective was it? A candidate no one really thought could win was aided by Russian efforts so I would say they got what they wanted. We can argue over percentages but the trump team won and fb reaches a lot of people.

Most people who are manipulated sometimes are so unself aware they probably did not even realize it.

I think the point I made is pretty clear - Russians could not and did not manipulate the 2016 presidential election with social media ads. They targeted the key battle ground states woefully pitifully and focused on states that didn't matter. The adverts were almost perfectly split down the middle as either pro/anti-Hillary or pro/anti-Trump.

The weakness in my point is that Instagram appears to have been "better targeted" by the Russians than Facebook. And I fully concede this point. However, I will point out that Facebook owns Instagram and the advertising machine is structured the same so there should not be much of a difference in the real world.

Lastly, the Russians WERE successful in rallying anti-Trump protests using these ad campaigns. At the end of the day, Russian adverts got an ROI from anti-Trump strategies. So if we are concerned about Russian meddling in US Political affairs, the best and strongest evidence we have that shows a true interference outcome is the Russians stirring up trouble against Trump because of leftists turning those rallying calls viral (they spread the anti-Trump Russian Ads which called for anti-Trump rallying, into a reality). But you won't read or hear most news outlets talking about Russian adverts being effective anti-Trump tools. The only narrative being peddled right now is "Russia bought the election for Trump" despite this point being false.

I still think the best case is the case Backfire made ages ago. The point was never to get Trump elected. The point was to divide America and make them weaker. Based on that 50-50 split and the anti-Trump rallying Russia did...seems like Backfire's original theory has been thoroughly validated.

Surtur
I think the point I made is pretty clear - Russians could not and did not manipulate the 2016 presidential election with social media ads. They targeted the key battle ground states woefully pitifully and focused on states that didn't matter. The adverts were almost perfectly split down the middle as either pro/anti-Hillary or pro/anti-Trump.

The weakness in my point is that Instagram appears to have been "better targeted" by the Russians than Facebook. And I fully concede this point. However, I will point out that Facebook owns Instagram and the advertising machine is structured the same so there should not be much of a difference in the real world.

Lastly, the Russians WERE successful in rallying anti-Trump protests using these ad campaigns. At the end of the day, Russian adverts got an ROI from anti-Trump strategies. So if we are concerned about Russian meddling in US Political affairs, the best and strongest evidence we have that shows a true interference outcome is the Russians stirring up trouble against Trump because of leftists turning those rallying calls viral (they spread the anti-Trump Russian Ads which called for anti-Trump rallying, into a reality). But you won't read or hear most news outlets talking about Russian adverts being effective anti-Trump tools. The only narrative being peddled right now is "Russia bought the election for Trump" despite this point being false.

I still think the best case is the case Backfire made ages ago. The point was never to get Trump elected. The point was to divide America and make them weaker. Based on that 50-50 split and the anti-Trump rallying Russia did...seems like Backfire's original theory has been thoroughly validated.

Bingo.

Putinbot1
They used a lot more than adverts.

Surtur
Hillary lost because of herself. That's what it ultimately comes down to, period.

Putinbot1
More people voted for Hilary, in their millions.

dadudemon
Yes, Russian Trolls Tried To Influence the 2016 Election. No, They Didn't Win It for Trump.

^For anyone still dumb enough to think this had any significant impact

Nice.

Leave it to reason.com to systematically dismantle both conservative and liberal talking points.

They repeat some of the same points I've made multiple times. Such as the point about the Russian ads being very pro-Bernie.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>