SSJ4 Vegeta vs Broly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Considering the new information on Oozaru amps, and the fact SSJ4 used a GOLDEN Oozaru..

StiltmanFTW
SSJ4 Vegeta was equal to "Surpassed Limits" SSJ4 Goku, correct?

cdtm
As I recall, he didn't hold up half as well as Goku did against the four star dragon guy. I mean, Goku even managed to do something against Omega Shenron.

Galan007
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
SSJ4 Vegeta was equal to "Surpassed Limits" SSJ4 Goku, correct? That would be my assumption.

SSJ4 Vegeta was immediately able to fuse with SSJ4 Goku, and there was no indication that Goku had to lower his ki beforehand. And because the fusees must have identical powers to preform the fusion dance, the implication is that they were indeed equal.

cdtm
Good point.

Vegeta underperforming could just be because Goku is the better fighter.

StiltmanFTW
No.

GT = Goku Time... he was wanked in every episode.

Vegeta was one of the very few characters that got some attention from TOEI in that series.

It's like with Bendis' mancrush on Luke Cage in The New Avengers - he was getting all the sweet feats, even though there was The Thing on the team, who logically should be able to wipe his ass with Cage.

Estacado
Well Ikari was pretty much on par with Blue Goku he had more skill tho...

So it depends what you think how powerful is post TOP Goku compared to SSJ4 Vegeta.

Galan007
I'd say SSB in the film is meant to be the equivalent of their max powers in the proper anime... Wouldn't make sense for it to be anything else, tbh(why in the f*ck would Goku and Vegeta purposefully hold back a massive amount of power against an overwhelming opponent like Broly?)

As mentioned earlier: I'm sure SSB+KKx20 and SSBE didn't appear in the film because they were staying as true as possible to Toriyama's script, and he doesn't use the KK and SSBE powerups -- those are purely Toei inventions. Toriyama just has their powers grow immensely in their 'normal' SSB states.

That said, IF we ever get an anime retelling of this, I won't at all be surprised if Goku is using KKx20, Vegeta is using SSBE, and Broly still ragdolls them just as effortlessly. /shrug

Ridley_Prime
At least it would be good for clarification, and I'm not at all surprised Hackiyama didn't include Goku and Vegeta's powerup states from the ToP.

Sj_Sharp
Broly, not even a contest as far as I am concerned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.