Entrepreneurship vs Intelligence/Academia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Chuck_Schumer
Would you rather:

A.) Possess considerable natural intelligence and/or be a leader in a very focused academic field as many leading phd researchers are

or

B.) Possess average to above-average intelligence but have exceptional business/entrepreneur/social abilities allowing you to amass a great amount of wealth

Personally I'd rather choose option B. A well-rounded entrepreneur will have a better chance of impacting society in whichever way they choose (money talks) than some genius lacking the ability to succeed "in the real world".

Just look at the case of Nikola Tesla and T. Edison. The former did all the revolutionary work and was up there with Einstein in terms of intelligence, yet it is the businessman who gets all the credit.

Same story for modern companies like Google, Tesla, Apple, etc. The guy working behind the scenes will never get the recognition if he's not the one actually selling the product.

Academics invent, entrepreneurs implement. It's that simple folks.

Emperordmb
If at my current level of ability I could opt for a boost in intelligence or social skills, I'd choose the latter.

If the way you're framing this question means picking B would mean I'd have to sacrifice some of my intelligence I currently have then no.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Chuck_Schumer
Would you rather:

A.) Possess considerable natural intelligence and/or be a leader in a very focused academic field as many leading phd researchers are

or

B.) Possess average to above-average intelligence but have exceptional business/entrepreneur/social abilities allowing you to amass a great amount of wealth

Personally I'd rather choose option B. A well-rounded entrepreneur will have a better chance of impacting society in whichever way they choose (money talks) than some genius lacking the ability to succeed "in the real world".

Just look at the case of Nikola Tesla and T. Edison. The former did all the revolutionary work and was up there with Einstein in terms of intelligence, yet it is the businessman who gets all the credit.

Same story for modern companies like Google, Tesla, Apple, etc. The guy working behind the scenes will never get the recognition if he's not the one actually selling the product.

Academics invent, entrepreneurs implement. It's that simple folks.

Why not both? Where's your ambition, man?!?!?!

Putinbot1
Star Wars kid sock

Flyattractor
I had to laugh at the thread putting Academia with INTELLIGENCE.

Cause.. Lol!

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I had to laugh at the thread putting Academia with INTELLIGENCE.

Cause.. Lol! Because you never passed an exam.in your life and yet you consider yourself intelligent... lolz. I know.

Flyattractor
No. Because now f you want to be Really Stupid. You need to get a College Education.

That is One Place where you are really getting what you pay for.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Flyattractor
No. Because now f you want to be Really Stupid. You need to get a College Education.

That is One Place where you are really getting what you pay for. thumb up jealousy, thought so.

Flyattractor
Jumping to Conclusions and making stuff up.

Know So. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.