Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
Figured we may as well have a proper discussion thread dedicated to this...

https://i.imgur.com/I1Jl0ho.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7FTzIOfh.jpg

Trailers:
adzYW5DZoWs
3n1T3HxHd7Y
8Qn_spdM5Zg

*Any and all information/questions related to Ep. IX should be discussed here.

StiltmanFTW
Poor Abrams.

I believe it's extremely hard/impossible to fix the damage Johnson did.

Galan007
Yeah, should be interesting to see if Abrams can salvage this trilogy.

Supposedly Ep.IX will be set 1 year after TLJ, so we'll see what Abrams can do with that timeline...

StiltmanFTW
People started seriously hating on TFA only after TLJ hit the screens...

Abrams is okay, but this... this is a challenge he can't cope with, I'm afraid.

I hope I'm wrong.

Zenwolf
A year isn't really enough tbh, so...a year and a couple of days for the whole ST? Really small.

Also I can't see any sort of salvaging, the only sliver lining in all of this is the Knights of Ren but I can't imagine this saving the ST as a whole. If they even get used properly, just cause he made them doesn't mean they'll be good.

The other characters, I can't feel anything for....at all. TFA was....eh? TLJ just took a huge nosedive and EP 9....I can't even have low expectations for this.

Also an odd number of movies is really annoying for a series of movies this big.

StiltmanFTW
5 days ago, Galan posted a huge potential spoiler for the Knights of Ren.

I'll just say this - if true, all hope is gone.

Lord Lucien
I've given various degrees of a shit about Star Wars since at least the mid-90's. Ranging from alot, to a little, to an obsession, to alot, to a little again.

I'm finally at the point where I can't muster a shit about Star Wars anymore. I don't feel anything toward it anymore. Once I realized that Disney plans an annual release... for eternity... I just couldn't muster the will to care about a literal neverending story. A lack of finality makes for an empty and worthless feeling story.

Zenwolf

Darth Thor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
People started seriously hating on TFA only after TLJ hit the screens...

Most on this forum were not impressed with TFA either.

It just set up too much of a repetition of the OT, and began the whole Mary Sue Rey thing.

TLJ just carried on with the bad parts of TFA plus created new faults.

Now I just dont see how this film will be any different to ROTJ.

Dont be surprised to see a 2nd Starkiller Base just to rub that in.

StiltmanFTW

Darth Thor
TLJ already copied a good portion of ROTJ, bro sad

Dont see it ending any other way. Rey will defeat and possibly redeem Kylo. The Rebellion will overthrow the First Order. Rey will become the last/first new Jedi.

All they need is a second Starkiller Base, and its the perfect ending to the OT.

StiltmanFTW
I'm not saying it won't happen.

I'm just saying that some of the RotJ material was already used by that annoying midget.

( JJ probably hates him for it laughing out loud )

Sith Master X
The Last Jedi left us with nothing to get excited about it. It was a poorly structured story the felt more like a finale than a second chapter. Rey needed a weakness. She doesn't have one.

I think for this trilogy to work, we needed Poe, Rey and Finn to have the sort of interactions that Luke, Han and Leia did. Finn and Rey don't see one another again for practically the entirety of a movie, and Poe and Rey don't meet at all till the ending of TLJ.

Everything TFA set up was tossed out the window or ignored. I still can't figure out why MAZ told Rey "I've lived long enough to see the same eyes in many people. I see your eyes....I know your eyes!" That line does not imply that Rey is a "nobody" it implies she a descendant of someone important.

This is the problem when you don't have a master plan for your trilogy, and hand it off from director to director and say "here's a blank slate...do what you want in this movie." A trilogy should be a trilogy because the story should have a reason to encompass 3 films. Instead, Disney just said they were making 3 movies....without any real story arc that requires 3 films.

Darth Thor
I'm not saying it won't happen.

I'm just saying that some of the RotJ material was already used by that annoying midget.

( JJ probably hates him for it laughing out loud )

laughing out loud

True say

Darth Thor
The latest defence for Mary Sue Rey:

https://mobile.twitter.com/johncampea/status/1076232342681772033/photo/1

facepalm

Zenwolf
TLJ already copied a good portion of ROTJ, bro sad

Sent you a PM.

Read it, meh....I mean either way I see backlash even if they don't do poorly because of their leadership...ya know.

That's another thing though, the KoR are essentially getting all shot in the foot because this is the finale of the ST, so...they won't get like any exposure in length to the audience except maybe like a brief story of how they come together.

Galan007
I do want to see what Rey has learned from the ancient Jedi texts she's been studying in the year since TLJ. On top of that, we know Luke spent several years after RotJ collecting 'lost' Jedi knowledge from all across the galaxy, and also found Jocasta Nu's vault of holocrons and other Jedi artifacts in the comics. IOW, Luke was canonically hoarding a TON of force-related knowledge.

Hopefully that part of the plot won't simply be glossed over, and we won't just be left to assume ALL the knowledge/relics Luke accumulated over the years was destroyed during Kylo's coup or w/e. Hopefully Luke kept most of it hidden somewhere, and his ghost will lead Rey to it...OR have his ghost actually teach Rey this knowledge...Either way. Because I have a feeling that Rey is going to be ridiculously OP in Ep.IX, and I'd really like a better explanation for her exponential growth than just "she's a supa-powaful female, so it all cumz naturally 2 her!!!" ermm

I also want Poe to become one of Rey's first Jedi students, because I KNOW that mofo is force-sensitive. There, I said it. thumb up

Darth Thor
^ @ Your spoiler: Id like Kylo to be redeemed and NOT die, so he can properly complete Reys training, and we can at least have 2 frigging trained Jedi to start off a new Jedi Order.

Galan007
But how much "proper" training does Kylo even have, though? Granted, he's got substantially more training than Rey, but Rey was barely Youngling-level in terms of force-related knowledge in TLJ, so that's not saying much.

...Not that I wouldn't mind seeing Kylo get redeemed, though. /shrug

StiltmanFTW
Not interested in seeing either Kylo or Rey again, tbh...

They should get struck by Yoda's lightning or something.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Galan007

...Not that I wouldn't mind seeing Kylo get redeemed, though. /shrug

Yeah as long as he doesn't die right after. Lets see if they are willing to do anything to differ this even a little from ROTJ.

Not interested in seeing either Kylo or Rey again, tbh...

They should get struck by Yoda's lightning or something.

Lmao

They should Kill Finn and Rose first IMO.

Sad thing is I actually really liked Finn in TFA. As he was the one fresh of breath air which wasn't taken right out of the OT.

Finn and Han Solo were the only TFA highlights for me. They didnt shit on Han Solo the way they did on Luke in TLJ.

StiltmanFTW
You know which character I enjoyed when suffering through TLJ?

Chewie. That's it.

Galan007

Zenwolf
Ehh...I'm indifferent to like all the new characters.

StiltmanFTW

Sith Master X
I like Daisy Ridley as Rey...a lot. She has charisma, but the character hasn't been written well enough to the point where you really care.

The only character's writing that I've remotely enjoyed thus far is Kylo Ren. He's conflicted and unpredictable which is exciting to watch.

Rose was a huge, huge waste of time. Didn't serve the story well at all.

Galan007
Rose was an absolutely terrible character. Right up there with TPM Jar Jar, imo.

Darth Thor
At least Jar Jar appealed to 6 year olds. No idea who likes Rose.

Zenwolf
Rose was an absolutely terrible character. Right up there with TPM Jar Jar, imo.
Hey now, Jar Jar was at least useful in some form.

Galan007
True.

Rose was an absolutely useless waste of a character all around. Pretty bad when even Jar Jar eclipses her in that regard.

StiltmanFTW
I hope the rumours about her getting a bigger part in IX are not true.

Sith Master X
If Kathleen Kennedy gets her way, I'm sure she will.

StiltmanFTW
Hers and Finn's scenes in TLJ were bad enough already...

Darth Thor
Oh Rose just destroyed Finn. She literally took Finn from my favourite of the new characters to my worst. Rose is indeed powerful.

Sith Master X
Don't let her destroy what you hate....let her save what you love. puke

Bashar Teg
Finn just got a little sidetracked is all.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Oh Rose just destroyed Finn. She literally took Finn from my favourite of the new characters to my worst. Rose is indeed powerful.

thumb up

Imagine the damage she'll do now, with more screentime...

Galan007
John Williams is reportedly going to start working on the scores for Ep.IX this summer. Praise Allah.

Given his recent health scare, I was worried he may not be recovered enough to do this.

StiltmanFTW
Great news thumb up

I doubt this trilogy can be salvaged. But hey, it's awesome he recovered well enough to work again!

Sith Master X
Glad to hear JW is doing well.

This will most likely be his final work on SW. I hope something magical comes out of 9 score wise.

I must say, that while JW is a legend, I think the ST score has been rather forgettable.

Galan007
So the possible title for this according to a recent leak is "Balance of the Force".

Hopefully the trailer will drop in the next few weeks and we'll know for sure. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
So the possible title for this according to a recent leak is "Balance of the Force".

Hopefully the trailer will drop in the next few weeks and we'll know for sure. thumb up

Balance of the Force?

Makes sense. IX will be all about course correction and damage control.

Bentley
The only way I'd care if Rey has some sort of lineage is if it was from Count Effing Dooku. Because nobody would expect it and they'd be mind-boggled but it'd be ironic as phuck if Dooku's family ended up funding the new and improved Jedi Order mostly because it would all come from an Old White Man shifty

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

thumb up

Zenwolf
So, The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, Balance of The Force.

I'm guessing Kylo is gonna have something of a redemption arc.

Bashar Teg
you guys know GL is a liberal right? just sayin

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
you guys know GL is a liberal right? just sayin

Which has to do with what?

Bashar Teg
"nobody would expect it and they'd be mind-boggled but it'd be ironic as phuck if Dooku's family ended up funding the new and improved Jedi Order mostly because it would all come from an Old White Man"

"lulz, etc"

just mentioning that the father of star wars would be disgusted by the wish and it's intent. nothing more. pay no mind, carry on...

Bentley
Well, George Lucas also made Han shot second. His way of expressing liberal ideas is honestly underwhelming.

Sith Master X
I doubt "Balance of the Force" is the actual title. The only time I can remember a Star Wars title being properly leaked was Revenge of the Sith, and that was only because GL admitted the title had already been guessed correctly.

Galan007
Entirely possible that it isn't the actual title. Like I said, 'Balance of the Force' is just an unconfirmed leaked title right now.

Lord Lucien
I'd pay to see the movie several times if they actually let the movie come out under the title 'Blue Harvest.'

Galan007
https://i.imgur.com/0CCMA5K.jpg

Galan007
The first trailer could potentially drop on 4/12, during the Star Wars: Episode IX panel of Celebration 2019.

From there it will likely be attached to screenings of Avengers: Endgame, which comes out later the same month.

Galan007
So evidently Vader's helmet will be intact again in Ep.IX, and Kylo will still be fangirling over it:

https://i.imgur.com/yX9j4UJ.jpg

ares834
So JJ's just tossing out Kylo's development huh.

StiltmanFTW
I hope JJ ignores TLJ in its entirety, tbh.

ares834
https://media.giphy.com/media/l1KsEu7VoMm6OyaJy/giphy.gif

Galan007
Also sounding like Kylo will be wearing his repaired helmet as well.

So much for letting the past die, lol.

StiltmanFTW
Luke will re-appear as a Force Ghost, yes?

Galan007
Yeah, there are a great many 'leaks' revolving around Luke's appearance as a force ghost in Ep.IX.

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Even Scot, who is not much into Star Wars, refused to believe Luke died from projecting an illusion laughing out loud

Alas, that's what happened sad Rian probably thought it'd be just as "cool" as Kenobi's death in ANH.

Galan007
It would be f*cking hysterical if Abrams just ignored Luke's death and had him pop-up in Ep.IX like nothing had ever happened.

Zenwolf
I thought JJ said he like approved of what happened in TLJ?

ares834
What else was he publicly going to say? These guys are professionals after all, they aren't going to rip on their colleague's work.

Galan007
...Unless you're Mark Hamill.

StiltmanFTW
It would be f*cking hysterical if Abrams just ignored Luke's death and had him pop-up in Ep.IX like nothing had ever happened.

laughing out loud

thumb up

Originally posted by Zenwolf
I thought JJ said he like approved of what happened in TLJ?

That's his official stance. He's can't openly criticize it, not while still working for Disney.

Darth Thor
^ Well he went too far claiming it was racists and sexists who had a problem with it.

Besides its not like TFA was some masterpiece. It in fact set up a lot of the problems in TLJ.

Galan007
Besides its not like TFA was some masterpiece. It in fact set up a lot of the problems in TLJ. Like?

ares834
Resetting the universe to be like ANH.

Galan007
Imo, that had nothing to do with TLJ being an absolute shit film.

ares834
Well it set up the whole Luke failed narrative.

Galan007
Granted.

But how he handled that failure could have been done SO much better... Rian shit on Luke's entire characterization up to that point.

ares834
Oh, I certainly agree. Rian is the one to blame.

StiltmanFTW
Imo, that had nothing to do with TLJ being an absolute shit film.

TFA is getting shat on constantly these days.

Massive hate thing started (!) after (!) TLJ. Coincidence? I think not.

Galan007
TFA certainly isn't without its own issues, but TLJ is in an entirely different realm of shittiness.

StiltmanFTW
TFA certainly isn't without its own issues

Agreed.

, but TLJ is in an entirely different realm of shittiness.

Yes.

Hell, it's accused of ruining Christmas for every true SW fan.

Dialogues bothered me the most. That opening scene with Poe and Hux? What the f*ck was that? Why? Why it needed to happen?

Rest of the film wasn't much better... sad

Bashar Teg
i liked it way better than AotC, but that's comparing movies to abortions

Galan007
At least AotC had Christopher Lee as Dooku... And also Yoda with a lightsaber.

TLJ had no real redeeming qualities for me. It also had that pig, Rose Tico, to boot. I'll take Jar Jar over her and her fat face any day. thumb up

Darth Thor
^ Especially given Jar Jar was hardly in AOTC.

Galan007
Oh I'd take TPM Jar Jar over Rose as well. thumb up

Bashar Teg
I liked TPM as well. Maybe try fast forwarding through the rose scenes as I did with jar jar and pod racing.

Zenwolf
Agreed.

Yes.

Hell, it's accused of ruining Christmas for every true SW fan.

Dialogues bothered me the most. That opening scene with Poe and Hux? What the f*ck was that? Why? Why it needed to happen?

Rest of the film wasn't much better... sad

Speaking of that scene, Rian said he saw Hux as a joke character and wanted to do some sort of Monty Python scene.

Sith Master X
I'm surprised at how little TLJ held up for me. Loved it the first time I saw it. Then I loved it less and less each time after.

The movie leaves you with almost ZERO expectations or excitement for what's going to happen next.

Darth Thor
^ I think the same happened with TFA tbh. Massive hype and excitement surrounding it when it released. But over time I think people have just realised it wasnt all that great a film.

Originally posted by Sith Master X

The movie leaves you with almost ZERO expectations or excitement for what's going to happen next.

Yeah like what is there to look forward to with Ep.9? Perhaps the trailer will change things, but as of now I just dont see it.

StiltmanFTW
How did you like Solo, DT? Remind me.

Darth Thor
I liked Solo. And loved R1.

Also really liked the first season of Rebels.

So its not all been bad for me from Disney.

queeq
Solo - meh
R1 - meh

I want some new angles. Done with the fanfic... make us a real SW movie again. Move away from the original source material.

I really wonder if and how JJ's gonna fix the saga after TLJ.

Bashar Teg
maybe he'll make up his own story since RotJ2 is now impossible

Darth Thor
maybe he'll make up his own story since RotJ2 is now impossible

Never say impossible. A new villain could be brought in that Kylo serves (remember the Emperor made his first proper appearance in ROTJ). Then all we need is a new Starkiller Base wink

Zenwolf
Never say impossible. A new villain could be brought in that Kylo serves (remember the Emperor made his first proper appearance in ROTJ). Then all we need is a new Starkiller Base wink

erm

Ya know, the ST makes me appreciate the Vong more and that's something cause I've always been indifferent.

Bashar Teg
Then all we need is a new Starkiller Base wink

a new superweapon that can destroy planets yawn

Darth Thor
a new superweapon that can destroy planets yawn

No, better than planets.. Solar Systems!

StiltmanFTW
I liked Solo. And loved R1.

Also really liked the first season of Rebels.

So its not all been bad for me from Disney.

Yeah, feel the same about the first two.

That's why I hate Disney being so reluctant to make more "Star Wars Stories".

Darth Thor

That's why I hate Disney being so reluctant to make more "Star Wars Stories".

Yeah that was a retarded decision.

Like Oh Solo flopped, must be because nobody wants Spin off films. Clearly everyone wants more Rey and Poe...

Stupid as hell.

Its also like they completely forgot R1 made a Billion with all new characters, but also some cool cameos from classic characters.

StiltmanFTW
Even Bail Organa was there, showing how prequels help to contribute.

CaveDude33211
Yeah that was a retarded decision.

Like Oh Solo flopped, must be because nobody wants Spin off films. Clearly everyone wants more Rey and Poe...

Yeah, that must be it. laughing laughing laughing

Stupid as hell.

Its also like they completely forgot R1 made a Billion with all new characters, but also some cool cameos from classic characters.

Rogue One was made specifically to provide a backstory for Rey's mother and Snoke.

Nephthys stated a while back that the Dark Side Adept greeting Darth Vader at his castle on Mustafar is a younger Snoke.

Jyn Erso survived the Death Star's attack on Scarif and later meets Luke Skywalker and they fall in love.

Rey is later born and abandoned on Jakku.

Snoke, who was Vader's loyal Adept left the galaxy with the fall of the Empire and then returns years later, declaring that his student Kylo "Is no Lord Vader."

Rogue One wasn't just made as a coincidence or for shits and giggles - it's the backstory to the Sequel Trilogy.

Zenwolf
Uh, Jyn clearly died because she was vaporized by the explosion the death star made. There is literally no getting around that as we see it happen.

RO however, while...decent, it also contradicts ANH with the dialogue.

"Several transmissions were beamed to this ship by Rebel spies."

Several transmissions, meaning more than one. RO there was a hand off of hard data, so no transmissions at all.

CaveDude33211
Uh, Jyn clearly died because she was vaporized by the explosion the death star made. There is literally no getting around that as we see it happen.

I just re-watched that scene - damn - if all the Disney Star Wars films were like that - they would be worthy successors to Lucas's trilogies.

But while I don't blame your viewpoint - we don't see Jyn get vaporized or die.

The point is - this is Star Wars - where people can get mutilated and fall thousands of feet and survive or get scorched by lava.

Jyn may have also been Force Sensitive.

- That blast could have easily thrown her within some debris, and a medical team could have scoured the area later and picked her up and got her in a Bacta-Tank to recuperate.

Maybe at that point she met Luke.

Several transmissions, meaning more than one. RO there was a hand off of hard data, so no transmissions at all.

Great points here.

I remember someone also saying this - and that Rogue One made Vader look senile.

StiltmanFTW

Zen.

You've been on KMC long enough to know which posts are serious and which are not.

Also, look at Cave's profile stick out tongue

Zenwolf
Zen.

You've been on KMC long enough to know which posts are serious and which are not.

Well hey, some people believe crazy theories. I'm just saying it's impossible. Plus it's confirmed they died.

CaveDude33211
Zen.

Yeah, and you liked Solo. laughing

I wonder if I should take your posts seriously.

StiltmanFTW
Who are you a sock of again? Can't keep up.

ares834
Here is the leaked poster.

So much for Kylo's "character development". laughing out loud

God this trilogy is such a mess. Nice to see that the Knights of Ren will have a role though.

Also some charcater designs have been leaked.

Lando is confirmed.

Galan007
"Let the past die... Except most of the stuff from my past, cuz nostalgia is a b*tch." Lol, jesus.

Also, it looks like Rey just repaired Anakin's saber? Shame, as I was expecting her to wield something unique. Silly me.

CaveDude33211
https://i.redd.it/db1tx5ubvno21.jpg

Looks really stupid. Lol

https://i.imgur.com/v8p5QfM.jpg

Lando, lol.

And I was expecting them to bring back Mace Windu, but instead we get some random ugly chick with a messy fro and a bow?

Lol...

Yeah - if you guys want the real Star Wars back, it's time to put an end to this stupidity - don't waste your money on this.

If you boycott Episode 9 - you will bring back the real Star Wars.

Zenwolf
I don't see how boycotting would bring back the old SW, it's still owned by Disney.

That also said, are we sure this poster is legit? Cause yeah...disappointing, I feel sorry that Anakin's saber had to go through so much.

CaveDude33211
I don't see how boycotting would bring back the old SW, it's still owned by Disney.

The last time Disney made a Star Wars film - they lost $50,000,000.

Originally, Kathleen Kennedy planned to make a trilogy of Lando Calrissian movies, starring Childish Gambino as Lando.

When Solo flopped, investors made her scrap that idea, because they were afraid another Star Wars film would be too costly to produce and fail.

That's why they made "The Mandalorian" series - not enough investor-confidence to make a movie.

If Episode 9 fails, and if The Mandalorian fails, Disney will cut their losses and sell the franchise to another company.

If that company isn't owned by a retard, then we get our old Star Wars back.

The new company would learn the mistakes of Disney and $$$ would make them produce movies based on the Old EU - something every Star Wars fan wants to see.

Bentley
Where is Rose? sad

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by Bentley
Where is Rose? sad

LOL I didn't even notice that ugly piece of shit wasn't there.

She's probably eating out of a pig-trough on a farm somewhere.

Sith Master X
^ As mean as that is, it's quite possibly the funniest thing I've read in ages. big grin

Zenwolf
Also at least we might see what the Knight of Ren can do. ...Though I have a bad feeling.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by CaveDude33211
LOL I didn't even notice that ugly piece of shit wasn't there.

She's probably eating out of a pig-trough on a farm somewhere.

We can't be this lucky.

She's still gonna be in the movie, afaik.

Darth Thor
^ They will probably minimise her role after all the hate. Much like they did with Jar Jar for episodes 2 & 3.

Otherwise we will have proof that George Lucas listened to the fans more than Disney do laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
I wouldn't count on that... sad

There were some disturbing rumours about her getting more screentime than in TLJ.

I hope they were false.

Galan007
For what it's worth...

http://i.imgur.com/x2ouOFAh.jpg
*UPF="Ultra Passionate Fan"

http://i.imgur.com/GoNQiAVh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iX0K2Zbh.jpg

Hamill is a huge Twitter troll, so I'm not banking on his 'speculation' of the poster too much. That said, his Tweet did bring something to my attention that I hadn't noticed before: WHY IN THE F*CK is C-3PO holding a goddamn Bowcaster? ermmnone

StiltmanFTW
http://tinyurl.com/y2ab8smw

ares834
Yikes.

CaveDude33211
For what it's worth...

http://i.imgur.com/x2ouOFAh.jpg
*UPF="Ultra Passionate Fan"

http://i.imgur.com/GoNQiAVh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iX0K2Zbh.jpg

Hamill is a huge Twitter troll, so I'm not banking on his 'speculation' of the poster too much. That said, his Tweet did bring something to my attention that I hadn't noticed before: WHY IN THE F*CK is C-3PO holding a goddamn Bowcaster? ermmnone

I really could care less as to why C-3PO is holding a Bowcaster.

In The Farce Awakens, one of his arms was red from jacking JJ Abrams off too fast.

So is Mark Hamill being sarcastic when he says that whoever made the poster is an "Ultra Passionate Fan"?

No person who spends time and money on Disney "star wars" is a Star Wars fan.

CaveDude33211
http://tinyurl.com/y2ab8smw

Nice. So messy-afro girl is Lando's whore daughter.

I was hoping the story might have some semblance of an actual plot and we'd see Mace Windu with a prosthetic hand, since surviving his fall would be more plausible than Maul's.

I thought Rey would seek out Mace Windu to learn Vapaad and balance out both sides of the Force - that would at least would have been interesting to see.

But no - Mace is male and part of The Patriarchy so there won't be him teaching Rey.

So nope - no Mace Windu.

Just Lando's nobody-daughter.

I ain't wasting my money on this Non-Canon piece of shit.

Darth Thor
Mace Windu surviving would be retarded even for Disney. Theyve already messed continuity up with Ahsoka being around. You cant have arguably the 2nd most powerful Jedi of all time also be just hanging around during the OT and most the ST.

Bentley
I hope Dooku is still alive

CaveDude33211
Mace Windu surviving would be retarded even for Disney.

Nah - Darth Maul surviving being cut in half and falling into a reactor-pit is retarded.

Mace Windu got his hand cut off (not lethal), blasted with some Force Lightning (not lethal) and then fell miles from Palpatine's office.

Along the way he could easily have landed on one of the millions of speeders zipping through Coruscant's skies:

http://filmfisher.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/7-Color-coded-Coruscant-exteriors-1024x213.jpg

Mace would actually have the time (several minutes at least) to use the Force to center himself and then guide himself onto a vehicle or part of a structure.

There's so much more plausibility for Mace's survival than Maul's.

I always thought they literally brought Maul back from the dead for the retards.

Theyve already messed continuity up with Ahsoka being around.

Ya - I know. Obi-wan and Grevious never fought prior to the Battle Of Utapau.

TCW never happened.

You cant have arguably the 2nd most powerful Jedi of all time also be just hanging around during the OT and most the ST.

You could - because Mace would have considered Vapaad to be a failure and that it's secrets were too dangerous for any Jedi to know.

So Mace sequesters himself onto Coruscant's lowest levels - old and crusty - until Rey seeks him out to learn Vapaad.

Makes perfect sense.

Unlike bringing back a dude that got mutilated and fell several feet into a reactor pit - just so some retards could squeal spastically.

Zenwolf
Pretty sure Palps was going all out in killing Windu, don't know why he wouldn't go for the lethal option and in all honesty, even in Windu was somehow alive through all that, I doubt he would be conscious enough to grab onto a fast moving airspeeder. If anything with the way he was forcibly launched out, he probably would have smashed hard into one.

That and it's confirmed he be dead and it's confirmed the lighting killed him, via the SW Databank.

CaveDude33211

Zenwolf
The ROTS novel isn't apart of Disney Canon, so that doesn't fly.

Also Maul never died in current Canon, until otherwise said however, Windu is dead.

CaveDude33211
The ROTS novel isn't apart of Disney Canon, so that doesn't fly.

Also Maul never died in current Canon, until otherwise said however, Windu is dead.

ROFL "Disney Canon". laughing laughing laughing

Same Canon where Obi-wan fought Grevious multiple times before the Battle Of Utapau - even though Revenge Of The Sith makes it clear they had never fought before.

Same Canon where Rebels hand off physical-data after blasting their way through an Imperial Facility - even though A New Hope makes it clear that never happened.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Vg0JstydL8HCg/giphy.gif

Zenwolf
Yes that Canon, as much as some stupid stuff has been gone through.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by CaveDude33211

Same Canon where Rebels hand off physical-data after blasting their way through an Imperial Facility - even though A New Hope makes it clear that never happened.

Are you suggesting that rogue one was completely pointless?

CaveDude33211
Are you suggesting that the Duke's son is an animal!?

Let us say I suggest you may be human.

Your awareness may be powerful enough to control your instincts.

Your instinct would be to remove your hand from the box.

If you do so, you die.

You will feel... an itching... there! Now, the itching becomes burning. Heat upon heat upon heat!!!

Bashar Teg
THE PAIN!!!

Galan007
I'll be surprised if we don't get a trailer for this tomorrow at the Star Wars Celebration. Supposed to be "plenty of surprises and special guests."

Lord Lucien
Wouldn't it be great if they announced that they're going to let this franchise die a slow death?

StiltmanFTW
I'll be surprised if we don't get a trailer for this tomorrow at the Star Wars Celebration. Supposed to be "plenty of surprises and special guests."

Guests?

ST cast doesn't care about it.

ares834
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Wouldn't it be great if they announced that they're going to let this franchise die a slow death?

Don't get my hopes up for the impossible.

Darth Thor
Well they might actually announce Episode 9 is the last Episodic SW film for a long long time to come.

They need to build that hype for it somehow.

Bashar Teg
Well they might actually announce Episode 9 is the last Episodic SW film for a long long time to come.

They need to build that hype for it somehow.

I hope they're done with it forever tbh. Enough with the skywalkers already

Darth Thor
Well they heard us (sort of):

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-04-12/star-wars-movies-will-take-a-break-after-episode-ix-disney-says

Galan007
Thank god.

There NEEDS to be a long hiatus between films. Quality over quantity, ffs.

ares834
adzYW5DZoWs

Palpatine is back.

Title is "The Rise of Skywalker"... WTF?

Zenwolf
I wouldn't be so sure, the laughter doesn't indicate anything, but we'll see. Still again, visually it looks nice but I'm waiting for the actual trailer.

That title is....weird considering EP 8.

Galan007
Originally posted by ares834
adzYW5DZoWs

Palpatine is back.

Title is "The Rise of Skywalker"... WTF? Evidently no one actually wants to let the past die.

TheIndyJedi
https://youtu.be/adzYW5DZoWs

MythLord
AM HYPED

ares834

Beniboybling
Fantastic trailer, I am pumped. smile

FYI Ian McDiarmid was present at the panel, he is in it.

OB1-adobe
I dig it. I'm stoked to see this last piece.

Zenwolf
I mean he could come back as a spirit sure, but I don't think we're gonna be seeing him in body or anything. So in that sense, yeah he could return.

Also guys, remember what happened last time, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

Beniboybling
I guessing he's pretty dead yeah.

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by MythLord
AM HYPED

Sheev????!!!!!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>